Syomare

Two sides of the same coin

Before I begin I apologize if anything written here already exists in other threads . Today I would like to discuss what this game was Intended to be , and what this game became. From the removal of team killing ( which I thought was a terrible idea ) to the inclusion of more pocket knives. The changing of it's dna over the corse of 6 months have drastically changed the gameplay and the people who play it. The fact we used to run away from jason and now run towards him is a clear indication that this game desperately needs alterations or reversing . We have jason mains who no longer want to be jason in public matchs because he lost his infamy dew to unforeseen outcomes from unnecessary changes, causing a shift in player base creating a breeding ground for the foul and hateful. Every time the devs fix, remove or add  something it causes new problems and exploits, however it's the community who ask for them or use the exploits to begin with, hence the title. Regardless of my sentiments or yours, the following is true.  It's a symbiotic relationship, and We the community, control our side with our words and actions. How will we regain that spark that ignited a game apart only half year ago at launch? What will we make of this game future? And how will we do it?                                                          Looks like I need to dumb it down some, ok .  All i am  trying to say is, we are just as responsible for the state of the game as the devs .Here is a example , We find a rock that we can get onto to avoid jasons attacks , then someone else uses it to avoid our attacks . We complain to the devs about it, the devs add a invisible wall. The invisible wall interferes with gamplay someway,and so on and so on...

Edited by Syomare
Explanation

It just dawned on me the devs are in the middle of trying to please both casuals and die-hard fans.  Maybe they can introduce some sort of sliders/options/settings down the line that will allow the host to tweak the lobbies.  Jason should be feared and chance of escape should be to a bare minimal?  No problem- slide the number of spawned pocketknives down from 7 to 3.  Playing with a trustworthy group?  Turn off item location on the map.  Really want a challenge?  Perks OFF.  Or if you want to go the complete opposite and let the snowflakes play Candyland: counselors start with a pocketknife- ON.  Bat spawns bumped up to 10.  All 3 vehicles available for escape: ON.  

Maybe something like this can keep both sides happy/content.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

It just dawned on me the devs are in the middle of trying to please both casuals and die-hard fans.  Maybe they can introduce some sort of sliders/options/settings down the line that will allow the host to tweak the lobbies.  Jason should be feared and chance of escape should be to a bare minimal?  No problem- slide the number of spawned pocketknives down from 7 to 3.  Playing with a trustworthy group?  Turn off item location on the map.  Really want a challenge?  Perks OFF.  Or if you want to go the complete opposite and let the snowflakes play Candyland: counselors start with a pocketknife- ON.  Bat spawns bumped up to 10.  All 3 vehicles available for escape: ON.  

Maybe something like this can keep both sides happy/content.

No one said it would be easy.

Maybe introduce a new ability for jason that instantly paralyzes counselors with fear for a few seconds. It could be called paralysis . Who knows

2 hours ago, Syomare said:

Before I begin I apologize if anything written here already exists in other threads . Today I would like to discuss what this game was Intended to be , and what this game became. From the removal of team killing ( which I thought was a terrible idea ) to the inclusion of more pocket knives.

Why did you think removing team killing was such a terrible idea?  Unless I’m missing something, counselors killing other counselors was never the intent of the game.  The intent was for Jason to kill counselors and for counselors to work together to escape/survive or possibly band together in an attempt to kill him.  Counselors still sabotage and kill each other all the time, by the way. 

I am just curious since you seem to be specifically talking about the intent of the game yet you called that particular aspect out as having been something you liked, and those seem to conflict.  Why did you like it so much?  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, daughterofolaf said:

Why did you think removing team killing was such a terrible idea?  Unless I’m missing something, counselors killing other counselors was never the intent of the game.  The intent was for Jason to kill counselors and for counselors to work together to escape/survive or possibly band together in an attempt to kill him.  Counselors still sabotage and kill each other all the time, by the way. 

I am just curious since you seem to be specifically talking about the intent of the game yet you called that particular aspect out as having been something you liked, and those seem to conflict.  Why did you like it so much?  Thanks!

Well team killing was implemented for a reason,when you start changing your core design it thows everything else out of wack.

Fixing one problem creates another,however it wasn't a problem until we made it one. but if u throw a coin enough times maybe it will land on its edge.