Sign in to follow this  
monoXide83

button lock/character useless?

So I played about 5 games so far, and out of the 5, my counselor would be unable to open/use/attack anything. All she could do was crouch. The first time it happened, Jason hit me with a knife through a window and it seemed to have fixed itself.

Two matches later, I called the cops, ran around the next room and tried to open a drawer, and all the icons (open/close, pick-up, etc.) disappeared and my counselor was stuck and I couldn't move or use any buttons. C'mon, two times in 5 matches where you're essentially a piece of meat with a nerfed Jason running around hoping he can attack you to break the button lock?

I've supported this game from day one, but it's really grinding my gears when this happens frequently enough that it causes problems. Not to mention out of the 5 matches, 4 hosts quit, leading to multiple lobby reloads. I really hope they get their shit together before the numbers drop too low for the fixes to save the game.

-a concerned fan

PS: I don't know if this problem is game-wide, or console specific, but I play mostly on my PS4.

That sucks! Similar thing happened to me playing as Jason, i couldn't attack at all, only grab worked but no buttons so i couldn't do any kills. I had no choice and had to quit out, was too unplayable.

This happened on xbox 

This has been a problem since day 1 so I wouldn't hope for a fix any time soon. The worst one is when your camera gets locked in one direction and you cannot interact at all even if you get smacked around or grabbed..

Unfortunately the devs are ignoring the community and would rather make ridiculous gameplay changes that nobody asked for than fix the game breaking issues that have been plaguing us since launch.

Personally, I think we have been patient enough. It's time for Gun and Ill to get their shit together.

It happens all the time as Jason and totally ruins things. The councilor one has been more frequent as of the last patch. It's been a problem since day 1 and they still haven't fixed it.. don't have much faith they ever will.

The councelor one is a recent problem, I think. Every time they try and fix something they either make it worse or break something else. At first I was mad but its become so ridiculous that you can't help but laugh each time a new problem crops up. Like the last patches attempt at fixing the kill count bug and instead creating a whole new kill count bug and failing to fix the original one ?

I play on Xbox and this has been happening to me a lot when I come back as Tommy ever since the patch.  Since the patch I have had a lot of Tommy problems.  If any of that ever happens as a regular counselor then it means the game will crash within 30 seconds (in my experience). :( 

This exact issue has been happening to me as well on ps4 recently. The percentage sounds right too, about every 2 out of 5 matches.

Being attacked by either Jason or counselor seems to be the only way to 'break the spell'. Very frustrating. Also, twice during this madness I've found that if I use the CB to call Tommy (the only prompt that seems to work besides crouching) that I get frozen at the radio until I get grabbed or slashed to death.

Fun stuff. 

6 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I've had the problem happen a few times awhile ago as Jason. The counselor button lock is the first time I've seen it though.

The best one is the Tommy radio glitch.  You start calling Tommy then your camera zooms in like Jason is chasing you.  Your call to Tommy stops and you don't get the prompt back.  Then you go to move but the camera is stuck on the radio while you are running around.  Good luck getting too far that way.  With all the issues and imbalance this game has, it should be renamed to Frustrated the 13th.  I'm predicting it will be well over a year before any of these issues get fixed and stay fixed.  If that.  

The bug is fixed by taking damage or if you are grabbed. If you are inside and can’t trust Jason to fairly help you, run at a closed door/window as he breaks it down. The counselors take damage if they are too near.

The bug where Jason can only use grab is fixed by grabbing a counselor. It doesn’t let you use executions but should be fixed when the counselor eventually struggles free. Entering water also acts as a hardboot and fixes just about every Jason bug. I once had indefinite grab bug (where Jason can’t kill/counselor can’t struggle; result of activated kill that cancels itself for some reason) and had to walk across the map to the shoreline to fix it. It was hilarious: the Chad I was holding was taunting me all the way, thinking he was gonna outlast the match. He majorly freaked out when I explained him how I was about to kill him.