Sign in to follow this  
Brigadius

Counselor/Jason preference not working

So apparently if I'm in a lobby with 7 other people who are set to counselor preference  and I'm set on Jason preference I will not be Jason every round. It chooses one of the counselors for the next round. What's the point of having a preference of it is ignored. Those others don't want to be Jason and it is being forced upon them. I don't want to be a counselor and it's being forced upon me. If I or any of them wanted to be both we would chose no preference. This seems like a very simple concept and still can't be executed correctly.

It says in the patch notes that if no other option is available a counselor will be chosen but there is an option, the person set to Jason preference. Come on guys, get it together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a "fix" in this game does not perform the basic functionality for which it was implemented. I mean, you never see the fuse spawn inside the phone house anymore... :sadchappa:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

So apparently if I'm in a lobby with 7 other people who are set to counselor preference  and I'm set on Jason preference I will not be Jason every round. It chooses one of the counselors for the next round. What's the point of having a preference of it is ignored. Those others don't want to be Jason and it is being forced upon them. I don't want to be a counselor and it's being forced upon me. If I or any of them wanted to be both we would chose no preference. This seems like a very simple concept and still can't be executed correctly.

It says in the patch notes that if no other option is available a counselor will be chosen but there is an option, the person set to Jason preference. Come on guys, get it together. 

PC or console?  I'm curious as to whether this is isolated to one platform, or universally applicable.

Does it at least switch off? My buddy has it set on Jason and he gets it like every other round. Probably just prevents you from being Jason twice in a row.

I noticed that I haven’t been Jason since the update. I have my preference set to “none” and before the update I spawned as Jason a lot.  Now it hasn’t happened once yet other people in the lobby spawn as him multiple times while we play. I don’t get it.  I’m not a good Jason anyway so it’s fine. Just weird.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a "fix" in this game does not perform the basic functionality for which it was implemented. I mean, you never see the fuse spawn inside the phone house anymore... :sadchappa:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic but the fuse still spawns in the phone house on Packanack & Higgins...

3 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic but the fuse still spawns in the phone house on Packanack & Higgins...

He was being sarcastic.  It does still spawn in the same house occasionally on every map from what I can tell. 

At any rate it's broken. @Truth if your buddy is in a lobby with 7 other who are set to counselor preference and it chooses one of them it's broken. They chose counselor preference for a reason and it wasn't to be Jason. If only one person wants to be Jason let them be Jason. We have Jason's Quiting because people don't want to be him and it's being forced upon them when there is a player in the lobby who actually wants to be him. At this point it would be easier to suck a golf ball through a garden hose than to play as Jason and when people are forced to play as him when they specifically choose not to they quit. The only reason a counselor preference player should be chosen as Jason is if every player is set to counselor preference. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I’ve actually seen the fuse in the fuse house more than ever. It’s still basically a guarantee that it’s in whatever cabin has the fuse box. It’s gotten to where I’ll get th fuse from the fuse house and just go to another cabin or two and search them then go back and repair and call just to make it a little more fair. 

7 hours ago, Truth said:

Does it at least switch off? My buddy has it set on Jason and he gets it like every other round. Probably just prevents you from being Jason twice in a row.

Can't get it twice in a row for sure. Due to "fairness". Although, correct me if I am wrong, is it fair for me to be Jason if I don't want to be? What if I am in a group that wants to kill Jason? I certainly don't want to he Jason then. If a preference is counselor, then clearly that person doesn't want to play as Jason. There is a an option called no preference for those that don't care or are willing to play both. 

5 hours ago, doitagain said:

On any map it still happens occasionally. He was definitely being sarcastic. I know it's hard to read someone's tones sometimes.

How is it fair to force anyone else to play as Jason if there is one person who wants to play as Jason?

That's fucked up.

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

How is it fair to force anyone else to play as Jason if there is one person who wants to play as Jason?

That's fucked up.

And that is why it is broken. 

Why is it a problem for the same player to be Jason multiple times if there are no others that want to play him? It shouldn't be like that.

If they made counselor's preference roll a 0 and previous Jason roll a 1, that previous Jason would never(ever) be picked as Jason a second time if there was any person in the room set to either Jason or no preference. Assuming they handle a tie correctly and have fixed the way the RNG works, but even with rerolls previous Jason would still roll a 1 and the other players set to Jason or no preference would eventually beat him. If everyone was set to counselor preference than his roll of a 1 should beat them and make him Jason again. Why force Jason on people that don't want to play him. 

• Like 1