deathbat96777

Rate/review the last horror movie you watched/saw

Last time I watched Get Out (2017) horror movie. I found it on Netflix, thankful with my proxy I can bypass their stupid geo-blocking policy. As a fan of horror, definitely one of the best I've seen. Truly chilling and with a complex and important message at its core. It is a must see.

Sleepaway Camp 2 - oh im a happy camper and with the grace of god i'll camp till i die 8/10 so cheesy

On 4/17/2018 at 10:12 PM, Flyin_J said:

I don't even remember the last one I watched...but I do remember the one that spooked me the most as a kid and forever rendered any other horror movies unable to scare me anymore.

The Grudge:

I don't know what it was that made it so spooky to me, but it did. Made every other horror movie less scary by comparison. Maybe it was the fact that the curse of the house carried over anywhere you go, or maybe it was how the ghosts could alter reality to frighten the afflicted, or maybe it was because some bitch got pulled into a freaking mirror or sucked into her own bed sheets. I don't know, but it scared me.

8/10

The sequels were not as scary as the first, especially the 3rd one. (Yes, there as three movies) The second one was a little better story wise since it explained what happened in detail rather than through bits and pieces like the first one. The 3rd one sort of leave rooms for a fourth movie, considering how one ghost was exorcised but a second ghost was unintentionally manifested.

Oh yeah, I love the grudge, one and two

Rewatched the unrated version of Rob Zombie's Halloween II. I'd give it a 7.5/10. The theatrical is a 6/10, at best. I actually really like all the extra stuff and prefer the ending. Also watched "The Dentist" and "The Dentist II" for free on vudu (with ads). They got extremely low ratings, but I found them both to be absolutely hilarious. Also watched House of 1,000 Corpses for the first time. Parts of it were great, some parts were just okay. I'd give it a 7.5/10 as well

10 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Rewatched the unrated version of Rob Zombie's Halloween II. I'd give it a 7.5/10. The theatrical is a 6/10, at best. I actually really like all the extra stuff and prefer the ending. Also watched "The Dentist" and "The Dentist II" for free on vudu (with ads). They got extremely low ratings, but I found them both to be absolutely hilarious. Also watched House of 1,000 Corpses for the first time. Parts of it were great, some parts were just okay. I'd give it a 7.5/10 as well

The bravura opening hospital scene is the only good thing about that film.  Laurie in this has to be the most whiney, unlikeable, morose horror film character of all time ... I found there to be quite a bit wrong with H2, but the character writing for Laurie was the single biggest failing. Can't really blame Scout Taylor-Compton, but Zombie should hang his head in shame for this script writing ... utter waste of a budget and opportunity.

A friend of mine went to the new Unfriended Dark Web flick. Avoid it at all costs. He said it was awful, and the filmmakers were really stupid because the majority of the text you see on the screen is so small, anyone sitting beyond the 2nd row can't read the text. Idiots. How could they make such an error? Wow.

9 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

The bravura opening hospital scene is the only good thing about that film.  Laurie in this has to be the most whiney, unlikeable, morose horror film character of all time ... I found there to be quite a bit wrong with H2, but the character writing for Laurie was the single biggest failing. Can't really blame Scout Taylor-Compton, but Zombie should hang his head in shame for this script writing ... utter waste of a budget and opportunity.

I like to think in my head canon that after Michael comes at her with the axe, the movie is over, and what happened next is up to interpretation. I think she moved out of the way at the last second and Brackett showed up and blew Michael away with a shotgun. There's no way he could do all that killing, dream or not, and the cops not know somehow. Especially with him yelling t the top of his lungs when he stabs people

Also, I watched Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 last night. Skip it. Literally the most pointless movie I have ever watched. Not only is Leatherface still alive at the end, but so are some of his family, and nothing really changes. It's like a remake of the first one, but with the dad from Kenan and Kel. I'd give it a 6/10, but even then that's being extremely generous. And what makes no sense either is how it doesn't acknowledge TCM 2 at all. Is this a new family he's staying with? Are these more Sawyers? Is this a sequel to a remake that doesn't exist? What about Leatherface's daughter? Who did he rape? What happened to Grandpa, Chop Top, Lefty, Stretch, etc? Are they alive, dead, etc? And if this is 3, that implies it somehow follows 2. How is leatherface alive after having two chainsaws shoved through his intestines? Is he immortal, or is it just lazy writing?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:38 AM, deathbat96777 said:

I like to think in my head canon that after Michael comes at her with the axe, the movie is over, and what happened next is up to interpretation. I think she moved out of the way at the last second and Brackett showed up and blew Michael away with a shotgun. There's no way he could do all that killing, dream or not, and the cops not know somehow. Especially with him yelling t the top of his lungs when he stabs people

Also, I watched Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 last night. Skip it. Literally the most pointless movie I have ever watched. Not only is Leatherface still alive at the end, but so are some of his family, and nothing really changes. It's like a remake of the first one, but with the dad from Kenan and Kel. I'd give it a 6/10, but even then that's being extremely generous. And what makes no sense either is how it doesn't acknowledge TCM 2 at all. Is this a new family he's staying with? Are these more Sawyers? Is this a sequel to a remake that doesn't exist? What about Leatherface's daughter? Who did he rape? What happened to Grandpa, Chop Top, Lefty, Stretch, etc? Are they alive, dead, etc? And if this is 3, that implies it somehow follows 2. How is leatherface alive after having two chainsaws shoved through his intestines? Is he immortal, or is it just lazy writing?

That's good interpretation, I'd go with that (still doesn't explain Laurie being a whiney prick, but still :)  )

Dude, if TCM3 is the most pointless horror film you've seen, you've got many many levels of rubbish below that to "enjoy" ... wait until you sample the "delights" of Axe 'Em, Criminally Insane/Crazy Fat Ethel, Terror At Tenkiller, Nail Gun Massacre ...  TCM3 is like The Godfather in comparison! :D

Halloween III: Season of the Witch- 7.5/10 This is my second time watching this movie. I think it's very outlandish to the say the least, but not bad. If not for it being a Halloween movie with Michael Myers in it, I think it would be remember as a very okay movie that maybe a handful of people would see as criminally underrated, which is basically what it is now 

A Quiet Place- 8/10 Great movie and the sign language idea is creative, but the creatures themselves remind me too much of other movies 

Halloween Curse of Michael Myers 8/10

Halloween Resurrection 4/10

Texas Chainsaw Massacre2003 10/10

Joe Bob Briggs' presentation of Metalbeast. The movie itself is about a 2. Some alright practical effects and some really bad ones. Kane Hodder plays the beast so it had me curious. With Joe Bob presenting it I give it 3/4 stars. This was an old Monstervision I found on Youtube, not anything recent. 

Ice Cream Man. Hadn't seen it in years and forgor what a hot mess, yet fun film it is. Had me laughing quite a bit. Clint Howard does a great performance of the ice cream man. Some alright practical effects for how cheesy it was. 5/10.

Dont Go In the Woods - terrible movie. Perfect example of how the term "classic" gets thrown around too easily because its old. Exploitation of the slasher genre that was pretty bad. It starts off quickly unlike a lot of slashers which was nice. However the blood looks terrible and bright red, bad effects and simply the weirdest killer. Perfect material for MST3k. 3/10.

Hereditary - 9/10 

An almost perfect horror film for me. Bringing it back to old school horror, no jumpscares, little blood, little gore, but what there is of it, has a lot of impact. Tense from start to finish, great soundtrack, great story, good twists and shocking moments. The only downfall I had with this film was not really the fault of the film maker, but more of the media. This was branded by so many people as 'the scariest film ever made' or 'the scariest film since The Exocist.' Seeing all that press gave me my doubts about the film, and yeah, I must admit, not very scary. Just great atmosphere and shocking moments, a very well crafted film. And the last 20 minutes of the film is pretty insane. I would watch again and again.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

Lake Mungo (2008) ... 9/10

One of the best thrillers I've seen in years. Genuinely creepy but also very sad and a fantastic exploration of grief.  Not overly long and best to watch knowing nothing about it.

Holy shit, yes! This film does not have enough hype. I don't believe in ghosts but by the end this film made me a little paranoid. A real good film for sure.

Resident Evil- 4/10

Can't believe I wasted money on this. By all means, buy the games. The games are amazing, but this is just.... I don't know what it is, but this to Resident Evil is what the Dukes of Hazzard movie was to fans of the tv show: a complete travesty that is a huge departure from the source material. The CGI is horrible, the plot isn't really clear until half way through the movie, and there's little to no action until around half way through either. The acting and dialogue is awful too. 

Just watched a movie called Southbound. I can't recommend it enough. Not that it's so amazing but for an indie b-movie it was surprisingly well done; pleasantly surprised. It's an anthology, of sorts, which I normally hate but it weaved a few different stories together, kept them interesting, not too predictable. I watch way, way too much indie horror and I'd say I find about 1 in 20 worth the crap I subject myself to. This was a "1" for sure. 

Definitely a decent flick.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, The Doctor said:

Monsturd - Exactly what you expect/10. 

980x.jpg

i must watch this movie. lmao

Leatherface - 2017 

Its basically a prequal to the Texas Chainsaw Masacre film and I absolutely loved it. It's more psychological horror and action mixed in with some gore but it lacks atmosphere and up front horror which is fine by me as I think some modern horror movies overuse these techniques. This is also one of the few horror movies out there with a strong plot and a very likeable main character who you are constantly rooting for, therefore this film deserves a 9/10, not full marks since I hated the ending :(

And I know this is off topic as it's not my most recently watched horror film but Hush is definitely my favourite horror film, I love the constant suspense, fustration and adrenaline as the main character has to defend themselves. The best horror movies are the ones where people actually fight back, there's no fun in watching a bunch of idiots die one by one...