Sign in to follow this  
IBenRedeemed

Throwing Knife Spam?

So I was playing the other night, and in 2 different matches, while running from Jason I was taking damage from an unseen source. Checking behind me, Jason was not nearly close enough for melee.  A good full cabin length behind me.

So I thought, Knife. So I'm like, well I got a few seconds before the next one and I'll be at the window, but no, the second one came right on the heels of the first one ,and then a third and then a fourth and I died. I'm not talking, hit . . . . . hit .. I'm talking hit hit hit hit dead. No sound from slash, no visual from throwing knives, but blood spatter was happening.

It happened twice in about 10 rounds, with 2 completely different players as Jason and 2 completely different Jasons. One was  part 8, one was part 6.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is It a new bug or exploit? Is there a way to avoid? Please don't start with the git gud.  I've played almost 900 counselor rounds. This was odd and out of place.

Forgot, this is on Xbox 1

I haven't experienced this in this game, but another.

In GTA sometimes If you're shot by a sniper rifle once, it will hit you 3 times.

My guess is that it's just lag. What was the ping of your game do you remember?

I won't claim I never get a lag spike (especially on this game), but I usually run around 120.  I have spectrum's 300 mb/s package so I'm usually good (should probably plug in instead of wireless though, but it's across the room and I don't want a cable across my living room floor)

Some hosts show you as a good ping in waiting lobby, but ping fluctuates during game and it has nothing to do with your connection and everything to do with theirs OR how far away the host is from you. So even with a good personal connection, you can get lag in game simply because you are far from the host and it bounces, OR because the host's internet isn't that great.

I've been in lobbies with a 64 ping on waiting screen only to start skipping in game and find out my ping went to 320 for 10-20 seconds, went back to good, then higher, then lower. So yeah, unstable matches happen a lot depending on host and whatnot.

Did you happen to enter and exit the driver seat of a car by any chance? Currently, there is a bug where your character can remain outside of the driver car door on Jason's screen. Then he can slash you to death even when you are nowhere near him from your perspective.

not in those matches. It probably is just lag, Jason was probably closer to me than I realized. It was just something I had not experienced before. Another new one from the same night (was not a good night really , lol) 

I was driving the car out and the animation started where it just pulls you out and puts you in spectator mode. It pulled the car hard right, into the side of the exit, and flipped it. (this was on higgins small) - My body got thrown from the car. I watched Jason kill my body, the passenger in the car was stuck and could not exit and Jason could not get to them. I never got a "you survived" or "you died" I was just stuck, staring at the exit. And then got kicked for being idle. So did the passenger. Once Jason killed the final counselor, he had to wait 4 minutes while the timer expired as the game was counting us both still there and alive. ( I know because I went back in after being kicked). This game sometimes is very frustrating lol