Yesterday, in a lobby of randoms (including squeakers), we fairly easily beat down and killed a Savinni Jason. I died a little inside... :(

Just saw 7 counselors (including myself) escaping to the Police and really felt sorry for Pamela‘s Boy - at least no one was dancing infront him.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:22 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

If he's stun proof, there needs to be an increased chance to knock the mask off.  You need to balance the risk/reward in that scenario, otherwise engaging Jason at all is pretty much a death sentence.

Jesus  Christ are you clueless , This is Friday the 13, this is Jason fucking Voorhees .... I guess you don’t know that Jason is one of the most feared fictional slashers of motion picture history, people are supposed to run numb nuts go ,watch Scooby-Doo , I’m sure there is a game for that to.

You have to be that miserable little man who hides in the basement going onto forums to to troll people... have to be.

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Jesus  Christ are you clueless , This is Friday the 13, this is Jason fucking Voorhees .... I guess you don’t know that Jason is one of the most feared fictional slashers of motion picture history, people are supposed to run numb nuts go ,watch Scooby-Doo , I’m sure there is a game for that to.

You have to be that miserable little man who hides in the basement going onto forums to to troll people... have to be.

It's called game design.  Making Jason an Ubermensch when he's enraged is not sound balancing.  If he's invincible, there's literally no point in even trying to play 10 minutes have passed.

3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Jason normally makes mistakes and gets fucked up pretty bad towards the ends of the movies, which is about when Rage kicks in. That's also when the protagonists are at their best. 

This is a shout out to the devs. I'm so sick of hearing "jason is a joke", "he's been nerf'd too hard". THIS GAME WAS A CROWD FUNDED PASSION PROJECT(that became enough of a phenomenon that YOU took the time to cry about it)! It holds true to so much of the feel, mythology and dread. Its not a Friday movie. It has to be challenging as jason too... that's how games work. It's the jason players that can't think outside the box to win, or rage quit when a single counselor escapes. So PRACTICE, GET BETTER, TRY THINKING rather than whining when people adapt to your run of the mill Jason tactics. The only Jason that needs adjusting is part 7, he is the Hodder full debut jason and the most terrifying of the entire frachise. And yes he is too slow with uneven pros and cons. But i didn't create this account to troll devs about Jason 7... I've read these forums for a year and wanted to say: Quit crying, you need work... not jason. Let's get servers up and right! Quit side tracking progress with suggestions to fix your skill issues. 

P.s. I practice with part seven...

@GunMedia your game is the best licensed horror game EVER. Don't pander, you can t please everybody. The true fans/players are playing not crying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

This is a shout out to the devs. I'm so sick of hearing "jason is a joke", "he's been nerf'd too hard". THIS GAME WAS A CROWD FUNDED PASSION PROJECT(that became enough of a phenomenon that YOU took the time to cry about it)! It holds true to so much of the feel, mythology and dread. Its not a Friday movie. It has to be challenging as jason too... that's how games work. It's the jason players that can't think outside the box to win, or rage quit when a single counselor escapes. So PRACTICE, GET BETTER, TRY THINKING rather than whining when people adapt to your run of the mill Jason tactics. The only Jason that needs adjusting is part 7, he is the Hodder full debut jason and the most terrifying of the entire frachise. And yes he is too slow with uneven pros and cons. But i didn't create this account to troll devs about Jason 7... I've read these forums for a year and wanted to say: Quit crying, you need work... not jason. Let's get servers up and right! Quit side tracking progress with suggestions to fix your skill issues. 

@GunMedia your game is the best licensed horror game EVER. Don't pander, you can t please everybody. The true fans/players are playing not crying.

Whatever you say, champ. But those of us who actually know how to Jason? We know there are problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

This absolutely is the most uninformed, jackass post that’s ever gone up on this message board. There are COUNTLESS examples of why Jason needs serious buffs. The vast majority of players wanting a Jason buff are veteran players who either backed the game or were there at launch and we’ve watched with each patch as Jason got weaker and the counselors got stronger. The game was at its best at or around launch, when Jason was a THREAT. It’s undeniably at its worst right now, due to Jason not being a threat. Jason is such a punk at this moment that random groups of counselors are killing him on the regular. I’m sorry, but you haven’t a clue as to what you’re talking about. Go back to whatever rock you crawled out of, you aren’t helping in the slightest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

This is a shout out to the devs.

Woot woot!

So PRACTICE,

?

GET BETTER

?

TRY THINKING

?

So now what? 

It's the jason players that can't think outside the box....

Does thinking outside the box mean turning this into another generic video game? Horror movie characters are always too compromised when it comes to games; Jason is just the least compromised right now. What you call a challenge has taken Jason (and the overall concept) too far out of character.

And it's not about being good at it. Being good at something that's not fun has been very unsatisfying. There's better ways to make it challenging instead of ruining it by turning it into a dumb melee fest. That's where the outside-the-box thinking needs to be focused. 

And you talk about pandering. The way the game is now is the ultimate display of pandering. 

Anyway, maybe you should've started speaking up a year ago, cause it's too late now. The gears are already in motion. 

And you spelled "tweak" wrong you knucklehead. 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Strongly disagree.

In the films, Jason is practically an unstoppable killing machine, and a FRACTION of the counselors survive to the end of the film.  He should be as close to an "auto-win" as possible.  Having Jason be "Wussbag Maghee" and counselors escaping more than 25% of the time takes any sort of pride or sense of accomplishment out of getting away/surviving.  It literally means nothing when I escape as a counselor anymore, which is why I prefer to play as Jason even though I suck at it.  Because when I wipe a lobby, the rush is on par with anything else available in gaming right now.

Today's Participation Trophy Culture has given people a sense of entitlement, and it sickens me.  Counselors aren't supposed to survive against Jason, but since only one person at a time can be Voorhees in a match, people used to hearing "honey, you did your best, here's a cookie and a juice box" from their mommy got all butthurt that when Jason won, they, by extension lost.  That meant mommy was being mocked and derided, so they demanded "balance" for counselors.

The irony is, Jason is upset about what people did to his mommy, too.  But he didn't want balance, he went out and achieved anyway.

We aren't watching a movie, we are playing a game.

There is a difference that can't be ignored.

You have to keep people engaged.

But from that line of argument Jason is stopped in each of the movies and someone did survive.

There is no entitlement argument at all.

It's objective reality.

No one plays a video game to be a permanent victim that can do nothing but serve as an ego boost for another playing Jason who believes themselves doing something that takes great skill to do.

There are certainly issues with Jason that needs fixing, mechanical issues, but there are other parts such as his sense that make the game remedially easy for him and makes certain traits of the counselors largely useless.

Where the slider is set in relation to them all I leave to the devs but I don't want a challenge-less experience as Jason either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Caliph said:

We aren't watching a movie, we are playing a game.

There is a difference that can't be ignored.

But from that line of argument Jason is stopped in each of the movies and someone did survive.

Edited because your post changed after I replied.  There's a lot to agree with, and I think we're actually closer to agreeing than disagreeing.

I want a balanced game. 

One where both sides are compelling to play as and against.

You aren't talking to some newbie that doesn't understand the game.

But if I want to steamroll counselors sans challenge the offline mode is right there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Caliph said:

But if I want to steamroll counselors sans challenge the offline mode is right there.

It's so much fun!

Now listen...I don't care what you say. The game needs to be more like the movies. Bottom line. Why do people wanna dilute and cheapen this game so much?

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I want a balanced game. 

One where both sides are compelling to play as and against.

You aren't talking to some newbie that doesn't understand the game.

Fair enough, but there's a world of difference right now playing against coordinated, seasoned counselors who communicate, and new players who play hero-ball and try do do everything solo.  

It's not about steamrolling counselors..  Two characters should not be able to stunlock Jason and have a dance party.

At least we agree that balance is important.  I think we're just disagreeing on how balanced the game is right now.

I really think that the (acknowledged) over-population of med sprays and pocket knives will alleviate a great deal of the balancing issues that are perceived by the community, but in the absence of confirmed changes from the development team (apart from the recent announced changes to Jason), I think it's natural for players to speculate and theorize as to what could be changed to improve the experience, but that's hardly going to be an exercise in consensus building.

One thing I do appreciate is that the developers aren't having knee-jerk reactions or over-correcting perceived issues with the same whimsy that we see in other titles.  The next few weeks should be VERY interesting.

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

They're so much fun!

Now listen...I don't care what you say. The game needs to be more like the movies. Bottom line. Why do people wanna dilute and cheapen this game so much?

Because people are required to play in order for it to be a multiplayer game.

One can be as hardcore as they care to be but you can't force another to play a victim 90% of the time with nothing but assured failure.

It's dogma and rhetoric that will lead you to a game where your competition is bots.

Again, i'm a Jason player. 

But I recognize that in order for me to have live people play as my fodder I have to give something for them to be engaged.

A chance at besting me is the only thing that can be offered.

We can debate where that slider needs to be, but it can not be set to any idiot can defeat a team without trying.

6 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Because people are required to play in order for it to be a multiplayer game.

One can be as hardcore as they care to be but you can't force another to play a victim 90% of the time with nothing but assured failure.

I think you're wrong.  People will play this game if counselors survival rate is 90%.    Infact thats exactly what players want.   Anyone who says other wise should simply quit playing.  I mean, this is a game about getting killed by Jason. 

No one in their right mind is playing this game to survive as the counselors every time..  Surviving should be rare which in turns makes surviving feel awesome when it happens.

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

What are you talking about? Most Jason players are terrible, not even counting the nerfs. You'll still get your escapes.

And before all the nerfs, people still escaped. 

4 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What are you talking about? Most Jason players are terrible, not even counting the nerfs. You'll still get your escapes.

And before all the nerfs, people still escaped. 

Yeah, and in that same time period people chain quit games when they weren't Jason.

I like being able to choose Jason under preference and be him regularly with full lobbies.

That's a byproduct of Jason having some challenge associated with him and counselors some means of overcoming.

That's not to be misconstrued with having a pushover Jason being fun just that a brain dead easy Jason isn't great either.

Just now, Caliph said:

Yeah, and in that same time period people chain quit games when they weren't Jason.

Is it ok that half the counselors I grab quit?

And people are still quitting when they don't get Jason. That hasn't changed. But the rage quitting counselors have gotten way worse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Is it ok that half the counselors I grab quit?

And people are still quitting when they don't get Jason. That hasn't changed. But the rage quitting counselors have gotten way worse. 

I haven't experienced that as of late but I won't discount your experiences.

To answer your question, no it isn't okay.

But making Jason remedially easy won't alleviate that.

There seems to be a somewhat of a missunderstanding / memoryloss / or something of that nature in progress here..

First of all, players were escaping rather frequently even before the Jason nerfs. It just  grew to unseen propotions after. Now people (looking at the crybabies and counselor-mains who can't stand the fact that it might get a little tricky..) expect an easy victory or Jason kill. Second, the "vadergrab" was not as big of a deal as people point it out to be.  3.  Jason did not get an easy 8/8 everytime, unless your dealing with a bunch of newbs. Hell, I still usually get an 8/8 or 7/7, if the lobby is not experienced. But to be honest, atm I escape or run the clock aprox. 8 times out of 10.

Jeez, sorry if I´m repeating myself...

When considering that Jason really might kill everyone, remember the following inportant rules:

1. The game was marketed as the Jason experience

2. The game was not marketed as the counselor experience

3. The game was meant for people to enjoy being Jason because you only have a 1/8 chance to be Jason. You get plenty of chances to be a counselor, so the chance you get has to be a "payoff".

4. Escaping as a counselor should be a hell of alot harder than killing as Jason

Yeah yeah, I've heard the excellent opposition by many many wonderfull players about Jason being OP, easy kills, blah blah blah, but my opinion is that buff the fuck out of Jason and let the counselors die. That's why we bought the game, and that's what we want (but I do wellcome the challenge :) ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Yeah yeah, I've heard the excellent opposition by many many wonderfull players about Jason being OP, easy kills, blah blah blah, but my opinion is that buff the fuck out of Jason and let the counselors die. That's why we bought the game, and that's what we want (but I do wellcome the challenge :) ).

Preach !!

5 hours ago, John Wick said:

This absolutely is the most uninformed, jackass post that’s ever gone up on this message board. There are COUNTLESS examples of why Jason needs serious buffs. The vast majority of players wanting a Jason buff are veteran players who either backed the game or were there at launch and we’ve watched with each patch as Jason got weaker and the counselors got stronger. The game was at its best at or around launch, when Jason was a THREAT. It’s undeniably at its worst right now, due to Jason not being a threat. Jason is such a punk at this moment that random groups of counselors are killing him on the regular. I’m sorry, but you haven’t a clue as to what you’re talking about. Go back to whatever rock you crawled out of, you aren’t helping in the slightest. 

You are 100% correct, none of the clowns kicked in extra money to back the game(I did) they are just casual gamers who probably got the game on the Black Friday sale.

6 hours ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

Great 1st post newb, you aren’t a fan of Friday the 13th, it’s obvious in what you wrote, you represent the casual gamer who might have seen a Friday movie once or twice ,

• Like 1

I grew up on Friday the 13th. I loved the films. I am a fan though not an "all knowing", self righteous typical fanboy. Im not disagreeing that jason needs some work. But i don't want the game back to everybody choosing A.J. and hiding till they die. The game is more interactive now. People work together and I actually feel a sense of accomplishment when I kill everybody as Jason. I don't want victory handed to me.