Sign in to follow this  
gtdjlocker311

Virtual Cabin Appreciation

I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for the totally cool Virtual Cabin.

Since I didn't have the PC version, I never played the original VC; I wasn't expecting much out of this, but it was way cooler than I thought it would be.

The amount of detail, backstory, and Easter eggs goes to show how much love the developers have for this franchise.  As someone who has loved the series for a long time, I say THANK YOU for doing justice to this property.

• Like 5

Virtual cabin has been awesome for me. Only strolling through it here and there with my coffee, but its a nice immersive change of pace. For me, anyway.

Yes love the virtual cabin, was so happy when i heard we were getting it in an updated style. It has tons of depth, has so much information going on and the puzzles are perfect for true fans. Thank you devs, IT MUST OF KILLED YOU...

I knew you guys had made something special when the lights went out in the basement and my teenage son (who had been controlling the exploration up to that point) insisted I take the controller to investigate. Nicely done.

I haven't finished it yet but it's pretty cool. Had to look up the answer to the phone puzzle, I have no idea how anyone figured that out.

Roger that! 

I enjoyed it and hope that it expands in the future. The only issue I have is that because of the way it played out, it appears that Roy may not be added to the game.

The virtual cabin was awesome fun and I loved every second of it ? In some ways I actually enjoyed it more than the main game haha. The use of it for the new content reveal was fantastic and was a really fun way to announce it. I got a huge kick out of the experience.

The virtual cabin was a true pleasure to experience!!!

(I did need help with the phone number... didn’t think the 2 matches had anything to do with it!  and the lock on the refrigerator to keep moving forward...I just couldn’t figure it out.)

But when I did all I can say is wow !! 

The developers really love the Friday the 13th franchise and it really shows with all the painstakingly captured details throughout! The lore the music !!

this game is in the right peoples hands!!

Really impressive!

I would love to see further additions added to the cabin that would allow us to visit more areas on the maps like crystal lake cabins watch tower, Higgins’s haven....the barn, and Packanak  lodge. With more trivia and puzzles to solve leading to the Lazarus cruise ship and a Manhattan Docks /sewer/ subway map!!!?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grape said:

Roger that! 

I enjoyed it and hope that it expands in the future. The only issue I have is that because of the way it played out, it appears that Roy may not be added to the game.

His mask was there tho! So I have hope :)

• Like 1

I know the counselors get killed a ton in the game, but it made me a little sad when I saw them all dead everywhere in the virtual cabin. I guess they felt a little more like characters in there as opposed to the main game where they are just crash dummies.

It was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Also, thanks for the bots!   I'm having a blast with them!  

Yes, they did a fantastic job. With that being said, it quickly became more meticulous than fun. The puzzles don’t necessarily need to be THAT sophisticated. I thought it odd that we needed to actually watch the films at the given paused time stamp to figure out the VHS pedestal patch. In my opinion, everything we needed to complete the puzzle should have been within the cabin itself. Maybe that’s just me.

For the next installment, I would like to see more action-oriented cut scenes and alos just more stuff from the films. I’d like to see us have to go on a scavenger hunt on Packanack small and do more adventure puzzles and piecing together clues that way. Looking forward to the next installment

Just now, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yes, they did a fantastic job. With that being said, it quickly became more meticulous than fun. The puzzles don’t necessarily need to be THAT sophisticated. I thought it odd that we needed to actually watch the films at the given paused time stamp to figure out the VHS pedestal patch. In my opinion, everything we needed to complete the puzzle should have been within the cabin itself. Maybe that’s just me.

For the next installment, I would like to see more action-oriented cut scenes and alos just more stuff from the films. I’d like to see us have to go on a scavenger hunt on Packanack small and do more adventure puzzles and piecing together clues that way. Looking forward to the next installment

I think the only absolutely insane puzzle was the telephone one.

I really tried to do it myself but ended up having to seek help for three puzzles. Some extremely tricky outside the box thinking there that I just wasn't ready for.

Still, it's a lovely little gem. Seeing the detail and recreation of so many things from the movies is one of my favourite things. I played the original Virtual Cabin but this really raised the bar. Really quite creepy at times too.

And as good as the ending is...the boat bit was just perfect.

I enjoyed playing it and really liked the inclusion of having to watch the movies.i am still looking around trying to find more

14 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

???????????????

@RAGEVIRUS we know you don't like the VC common sense would dictate that a thread talking about appreciating it isn't for you, that being said I agree with this thread being a fan of the series this was a very nice and entertaining additions not only pulling at your franchise knowledge but puzzle solving skills to.  A nice little game mode addition to an already fun game.

4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

It was very cool, though I do wonder how much manpower was used to make it that might have gone into the core multiplayer game.

Shhhhh.? No one cares about how they could of been fixing the multiplayer side with the extra programmers they now have. We're all supposed to forget that Jason is now a shell of his former self and be mesmerized by the cabin.

• Like 2

I'm glade they added this to the game. I'm happy to have a place where I can admire the Jason models. and even though I ended up using a walkthrough for a lot of it (text on newspapers where to small for me to read...then I got spoiled on the ending) I still think the puzzle aspect to this was really fun.

Small gripes: Why does Part 6 Jason not have his pouch, knife, or machete on his belt like in game? Didn't like how you couldn't put Roy's mask back up on that wall (and then its just gone) I also wish they had a room to view all of counselor models just like the Jason one, (especially since Tommy isn't in this at all). 

Overall this was pretty decent quality  and a nice little playable trailer.

The clever part was how the title was a spoiler and nobody realized it until the ending had been figured out

("Virtual Cabin")= holodeck simulation of Camp Crystal Lake aboard the Grendel!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for the totally cool Virtual Cabin.

Since I didn't have the PC version, I never played the original VC; I wasn't expecting much out of this, but it was way cooler than I thought it would be.

The amount of detail, backstory, and Easter eggs goes to show how much love the developers have for this franchise.  As someone who has loved the series for a long time, I say THANK YOU for doing justice to this property.

You can thank The Odd Gentlemen(people behind The Kings Quest series) for doing the VIrtual Cabin.  It wasnt know until recently since for some reason they decided to hide that fact.  Awesome job by them for the VC.