Okay, am I the only one that thinks the grab nerf was totally unneeded? It's so easy to get away from Jason, it's honestly brainless at this point. I escape every game because I literally have to be inside of Jason for him to grab me. It's also extremely underwhelming to play him now, I will shift into someone and grab right in front of them and it won't grab them. It feels really underpowered for his best ability. I suggest that we rebuff his grab because it's ridiculous bad. I also think that the amount of pocket knives that spawn with the newest virtual cabin patch is absolutely absurd. I got pocket knifed 9 times in one game and my friend had 2 more making that 11. That is wayyy too many.

I fell like the devs forgot about the roots to their own game! This game is supposed to be hard and ugly as a counselor. You have to be a team but also only do things for yourself. Survival isn't supposed to be pretty when there's a psycho murderer chasing you. Now it's way too easy. The amount of ranged weapons around the map that spawn at campsites are ridiculous. There is always a pocket knife, a shotgun, and a med spray at every camp. Wasn't it supposed to be hard to find these things? The Game practically hands things to you now. Where is the difficulty in the game. You were supposed to be lucky to survive. If the devs keep going down this road they are going to destroy the main character of the game. This game isn't about A.J. Jason or Eric Lachappa, it's about Jason. They are making the person the game is about terrible and it's honestly not fun at all.

Apparently the devs disagree since after hearing two whole months of complaints about Jason being nerfed into the ground, they responded by increasing the amount of pocket knives and ranged weapons on the map so it's even harder to grab people and have it count.

With all the new pocket knives, I think it’d be fair if they changed the grab range back. 

You are preaching to the choir buddy. Apparently every single person outside of Gun Media and Illfonic think that this is all complete bullshit but they don't seem to care. It took them months to admit that J7 is fucked and they still haven't fixed him.

This thread is going to get locked by the forum Nazis though, this topic has been discussed a million times.

3 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

With all the new pocket knives, I think it’d be fair if they changed the grab range back. 

Agreed!

Just now, Psychosocial23 said:

You are preaching to the choir buddy. Apparently every single person outside of Gun Media and Illfonic think that this is all complete bullshit but they don't seem to care.It took them months to admit that J7 is fucked and they still haven't fixed him.

This thread is going to get locked by the forum Nazis though, this topic has been discussed a million times.

Actually I don't think they've admitted that J7 is fucked. They've simply acknowledged that some people believe him to be underpowered. We all knew he was underpowered to the point of being unplayable on the first day of the beta.

1 hour ago, Blitzwing8 said:

There is always a pocket knife, a shotgun, and a med spray at every camp.  

I agree with everything you have said except for the part I quoted above. I have been to camps that didn't have a shotgun or pocket knife laying around. Hopefully Jason will get a buff soon. It's frustrating playing as Jason and boring as a counselor. 

"We believe Jason is now balanced ad have no further plans to adjust him" Paraphrasing of course but apparently they feel that he is "balanced" now even though the original intent was for him to be overpowered. He should never have been on anywhere near a level playing field with the counselors. If the game is a homage to the movies we all know the counselors had no chance in hell of escaping from him. And the rare chance you get to even be Jason in the game should make that a sweet little bonus and not incur a sense of dread. Of course this is all with the hope that you will even be able to finish a match without host quitting because they either die or didn't get their way.

For what its worth; I feel the range could do with a slight buff but what really needs to be reconsidered is the area of the grab as in; the cone of the grab needs to be widened. The Stretch Armstrong length grab was a bit ridiculous bit now with his T-rex arms its laughable and with the extra pocket knives it makes those successful grabs even more of a crap shoot. Jason used to be fun to play but as he is now has severely reduced my time in the game.

The grab is the least of Jason's problems now. His crappy combat stance that doesn't let him attack after blocking an attack, weak swings with poor hit detection, the constant pocket knives, guns and medspray + medic abuse and the invisible window barrier and other crap is what is keeping him down. Fix all that stuff and the crappy grab would be fine. I should be thankful when I find a single pocket knife, and instead I'm finding 2 or more every match.

• Like 1

There should be a way we could vote for a jason buff or something. Devs make the game but they don't have to deal with what happens in game and how stupid it feels to play Jason at the moment.

I was just dicking around last night and got 3 separate Jason kills in a row out of 5 games total. In one of those games, I tanked 5 of Part 2's traps.

I really don't understand why Medic's even still in the game. It completely trivializes every source of Jason's damage, from traps, to knives, to his wonky-ass melee swings. If they want a perk to encourage healing others, then fine. But having it so that it literally doubles the health sprays of every single player who runs it is the stupidest implementation of the idea that I've ever seen.

Medic - When healing a counselor other than yourself, your Healing Spray receives one additional charge.

And honestly, even that's too damn much for the tool kit that Jason currently has, but at least it'd require a little teamwork before giving players the benefits of double healing.

• Like 1

i think they should increase the grab range to Dhalsim but let everyone start with 6 pocket knives. sounds solid to me

Just now, Hal Bailman said:

I was just dicking around last night and got 3 separate Jason kills in a row out of 5 games total. In one of those games, I tanked 5 of Part 2's traps.

I really don't understand why Medic's even still in the game. It completely trivializes every source of Jason's damage, from traps, to knives, to his wonky-ass melee swings. If they want a perk to encourage healing others, then fine. But having it so that it literally doubles the health sprays of every single player who runs it is the stupidest implementation of the idea that I've ever seen.

And honestly, even that's too damn much for the tool kit that Jason currently has, but at least it'd require a little teamwork before giving players the benefits of double healing.

I know some of the devs have even said that perks are supposed to be a minor benefit and nothing game changing, and that's why the already useless Heavy Hitter was nerfed into the ground. Yet nothing is done about the meta perks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I know some of the devs have even said that perks are supposed to be a minor benefit and nothing game changing, and that's why the already useless Heavy Hitter was nerfed into the ground. Yet nothing is done about the meta perks.

That's the one tweak that really irked me. Took me months and blowing upwards of 1,000,000 CP to finally roll an epic Heavy Hitter, only to have it's advantage taken away. What's the point of spending hours playing the perk slot machine if the reward gets nerfed because too many crybabies who obviously don't know how to block whine about being stunned for too long? Taking a swing at Jason is a risk in itself, as adequate players react quickly and grab you mid-animation. Scoring a hit while armed with a perk of that rarity should be rewarded with extra time to recover/gain distance, etc. Seems like another example of the devs folding to the will of casual whiners who don't take the time to learn Jason's simple combat system (let alone having the presence of mind to select a Jason with high stun-resistance).

4 hours ago, Blitzwing8 said:

Okay, am I the only one that thinks the grab nerf was totally unneeded?

You weren't here when there were 50 posts a day about the grab nerf, were you?

So @GunMedia_Ben what do you have to say man? Is Jason going to get the buff he needs or what? Your players want it. They have voiced the feedback. When will we see it?

It's nice to get new Councilors and AI bots for free. But at this point a would PAY for Jason to get buffed. You should know something is wrong by now when people are requesting NOT to be Jason and you have to implement a system to give Jason to those players with enough skill and patience to volunteer as a punching bag.

This is Jason's game and right now he needs a buff. Everyone knows it. Time to admit it and get to adjusting grab like you said you would in the patch notes when you nerfed it. Jason is extremely frustrating to play even for good players especially now when you can pick up a Jason ass kicking kit at a campsite. Fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BFizzle said:

No, that's not the solution. What they should have done is just keep the pool of available items the same, but spread them out more across the map. We don't need that god-awful grab back. Furthermore, we need better melee detection. Jason can't even attack someone slowly limping away when he's right on their ass, but he can still grab them? That shit needs fixed.

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

His crappy combat stance that doesn't let him attack after blocking an attack

Wasn't it fixed? I didn't have the chance to try the game since the last patch.

What makes it more unplayable is the trap stacking shit. A trap goes off in front of the phone and I can't even place a trap there anymore but around it wtf is that about

His grab should be made a little better but it should not go back to how it was before. That shit was ridiculous. 

@Blackbird68 You can still place a trap there. Trap stacking was when Jason was able to place two traps right on top of each other and kill a counselor instantly. That's why his traps were nerfed. 

This is a thread i think should be posted every where even on the devs front door until they get the message i just watched a match earlier jason got shot 5 times,stabbed in the damn neck 7 times and tea bagged all while a tiffany danced around shaking her ass. There needs to be something done about this shit. every ones excited about the "SPOILER" Uber super new jason coming i say why be excited he will just be another bag of meat they can beat the shit out of. now i will go back and  beat on the bots like  jason is supposed to .

14 hours ago, Blitzwing8 said:

Okay, am I the only one that thinks the grab nerf was totally unneeded? It's so easy to get away from Jason, it's honestly brainless at this point. I escape every game because I literally have to be inside of Jason for him to grab me. It's also extremely underwhelming to play him now, I will shift into someone and grab right in front of them and it won't grab them. It feels really underpowered for his best ability. I suggest that we rebuff his grab because it's ridiculous bad. I also think that the amount of pocket knives that spawn with the newest virtual cabin patch is absolutely absurd. I got pocket knifed 9 times in one game and my friend had 2 more making that 11. That is wayyy too many.

I fell like the devs forgot about the roots to their own game! This game is supposed to be hard and ugly as a counselor. You have to be a team but also only do things for yourself. Survival isn't supposed to be pretty when there's a psycho murderer chasing you. Now it's way too easy. The amount of ranged weapons around the map that spawn at campsites are ridiculous. There is always a pocket knife, a shotgun, and a med spray at every camp. Wasn't it supposed to be hard to find these things? The Game practically hands things to you now. Where is the difficulty in the game. You were supposed to be lucky to survive. If the devs keep going down this road they are going to destroy the main character of the game. This game isn't about A.J. Jason or Eric Lachappa, it's about Jason. They are making the person the game is about terrible and it's honestly not fun at all.

Jason buff should be "Coming Soon".