28 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Armani?

I think Reggie would care. You know, being orphaned and all... Kind of a big deal. Worst luck ever really. Living with the pain of knowing you led a murderer to your brother and having no family to work through your losses with. The original script for Part 6 had him end up in a mental institution and murdered by Jason in the beginning of the film.

#1 Tommy Jarvis has 10 luck and he is responsible for how many Lives? His mom also died and he had little contact with his sister.

#2 That script for part 6 does not exist, so therefore didn't happen.

#3 Based on your logic, even despite having a status of ALIVE, he has 0 luck because people related to him died. So if he died in the movie, he'd have negative points. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3377008

@Armani? What's the title of the thread about? lol. 

@Armani?

1. He’s a hero character- surviving three films and killing Jason, Roy and chaining up zombie Jason in the lake.
  2. You’re right, Reggie was never age-advanced- it doesn’t exist.
  3. He got his brother killed and his brother’s girlfriend killed. Grandfather was murdered the same day. Orphaned. Pam may have even been murdered or injured at the end. Yay, he’s alive but far from lucky.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Armani?

1. He’s a hero character- surviving three films and killing Jason, Roy and chaining up zombie Jason in the lake.
  2. You’re right, Reggie was never age-advanced- it doesn’t exist.
  3. He got his brother killed and his brother’s girlfriend. Grandfather was murdered the same day. Orphaned. Pam may have even been murdered or injured at the end. Yay, he’s alive but far from lucky.

At the end of the day, Reggie survived the night. That's my most important factor in determining above average luck unless you're wealthy like Chad/Victoria. 

Let's not act like he wasn't lucky to be alive and not die. Surviving F13 movies are nothing scoff at no matter who died related to you@bewareofbears

11 minutes ago, Qcici said:

@Armani? What's the title of the thread about? lol. 

It's supposed to infer the thread is going on a break.

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

At the end of the day, Reggie survived the night. That's my most important factor in determining above average luck unless you're wealthy like Chad/Victoria. 

Who says that, lol. There's no definitive explanation for the stats. The premise of the game is that any character can survive; the match is their movie. 

The stats only serve to determine roles. Runners, bodyguards and fixers, that's all there is.

15 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Who says that, lol. There's no definitive explanation for the stats. The premise of the game is that any character can survive; the match is their movie. 

The stats only serve to determine roles. Runners, bodyguards and fixers, that's all there is.

I do lol

Anyways, Reggie's role in the movie was as a support character. Support characters in the game have luck. 

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I do lol

Anyways, Reggie's role in the movie was as a support character. Support characters in the game have luck. 

I'd put him in the runner category. His stats are alright. I'd trade strength for stealth though. 

3 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I'd put him in the runner category. His stats are alright. I'd trade strength for stealth though. 

They'll probably switch it themselves if they want. I just put strength at 3 because people felt it was too low before. 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Who cares about his grandfather and brother?

Reggie could have died, but he didn't. He was 1 of 3 survivors. Everyone else died. So how does that equal 0 luck. Reggie is also a Black male, so him being a final boy is against the stereotype. 

giphy.gif

7 luck isn't even close to max (10), so you can act like their deaths took away those 3 points

Was he really a final boy? The final girl means the last person, girl obviously, P5 had 3 survivors. 

Also, the timeline in P5 and P6 were pretty distant so Reggie aged. No reason for a 12 year old to voice him. 

Considering this aside, the timeline for P6 and game could have a few years apart. 

18 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Was he really a final boy? The final girl means the last person, girl obviously, P5 had 3 survivors. 

Also, the timeline in P5 and P6 were pretty distant so Reggie aged. No reason for a 12 year old to voice him. 

Considering this aside, the timeline for P6 and game could have a few years apart. 

I don't know about voice acting.

We briefly discussed ideas of who could voice Reggie, but stopped because we don't know exactly what the Devs would do.

Although I thought Issac Brown (son on the show, Raven's House) could pull off a decent canon Reggie voice. 

They'd really have to harness the essence of a older Reggie. Perhaps Buggzy's actor could give it a try. 

15 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I don't know about voice acting.

We briefly discussed ideas of who could voice Reggie, but stopped because we don't know exactly what the Devs would do.

Although I thought Issac Brown (son on the show, Raven's House) could pull off a decent canon Reggie voice. 

They'd really have to harness the essence of a older Reggie. Perhaps Buggzy's actor could give it a try. 

Ok, I haven’t seen Ravens house, but the acting is pretty bad, even by Disney standards. 

His voice is definitely not gonna cut it. Buggzys VA might do, might be a little to deep, but we also don’t want a Lachappa. 

11 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Ok, I haven’t seen Ravens house, but the acting is pretty bad, even by Disney standards. 

His voice is definitely not gonna cut it. Buggzys VA might do, might be a little to deep, but we also don’t want a Lachappa. 

Wes seems dedicated to Reggie's scream, so I hope Buggzy's actor has range lol. The regular speaking voice will be relatively low in pitch though.

32 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Wes seems dedicated to Reggie's scream, so I hope Buggzy's actor has range lol. The regular speaking voice will be relatively low in pitch though.

If can’t be in the game, atleast give him a cameo in the beginning to replace Chad for the scream. 

6 hours ago, TyroneKing said:

I just realized this thread is the #1 most replied in this entire section.

This thread will be so fun to come back to years from now to look back at. So much mess and tea.

Fine by me. It can be a mess or controversial all it wants if it helps get Reggie into the game.

tumblr_livv3b3yOX1qzf45i.gif

2rpv22q.gif

9bhnig.gif

12 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Fine by me. It can be a mess or controversial all it wants if it helps get Reggie into the game.

Unfortunately, we will be waiting "a long time."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rontao13/status/992959566747844609

I don't know what legal issue they got themselves in regards to all canon counselors and Victor Miller, but at least they have the intention to add him in. 

So cheers to 100 pages.

Off topic, but this makes the likelihood of another 100% canon hero unlikely for Grendel map. Don't be dissapointed to see Tommy.

9 hours ago, Armani? said:

Let's not act like he wasn't lucky to be alive and not die.

Isn't the whole reason you're aging him because YOU CANT KILL KIDS???

His luck has nothing to do with him living, he lived because they couldn't kill him without stirring up a bunch of shit. Plus, Tommy is the only reason he lived.

You can't blame his luck then acknowledge the fact that they simply couldn't kill him off...

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Isn't the whole reason you're aging him because YOU CANT KILL KIDS???

His luck has nothing to do with him living, he lived because they couldn't kill him without stirring up a bunch of shit. Plus, Tommy is the only reason he lived.

You can't blame his luck then acknowledge the fact that they simply couldn't kill him off...

Umm...They kill kids in movies

You've obviously not watched any of them.

They also planned to kill him a year later in part 6, but the script was scrapped so...

We're buffing his age because you can't kill kids in video games (this severe)

58 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

E32_AD0_D2_A198_4142_98_A6_1173_C5_A61_B

Definitely wouldn’t bank on Reggie ever appearing in the game.

*Or any other character from the films apparently.

The lawsuit originally was not supposed to affect the game. Something happened.

Something is supposed to happen in June or July I think. We can only hope for the best.

36 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Something is supposed to happen in July I think. We can only hope for the best.

If it takes 2-3 months for them to get rights to a song. I imagine it would take much longer for a character. Who knows what they're running into.

41 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Something is supposed to happen in June or July I think. We can only hope for the best.

Unless a character was already in the pipeline, I agree.

5 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

If it takes 2-3 months for them to get rights to a song. I imagine it would take much longer for a character. Who knows what they're running into.

Song rights and characters right are very different things. Some song rights you could likely get in less than 24 hours and others may not ever be possible.

51 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I was trying to understand this lawsuit a bit more, it's been going on since the summer of 2016. 

Victor is seeking to get termination in July 2018 according to this site. If he loses, would it be over?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/friday-13th-rights-at-stake-922911

@bewareofbears You think Larry Zerner could pull some strings for Reggie??

@Armani?

I think someone mentioned Larry Zerner is a copyright lawyer, I’m unsure though and too lazy to Google it.

If Victor Miller wins, he gains control of the characters and places he created- Mrs. Voorhees (but not the name Pamela), young Jason and his backstory, Crystal Lake, the Voorhees name, Alice, etc. If he loses, Horror Inc. retains whatever control they currently have. Even without the lawsuit, the rights for all things Jason and Friday the 13th are complicated.

I’m not entirely sure why the lawsuit would have any bearing on characters like Reggie or anyone from Parts 2 to X who aren’t Jason or Mrs. Voorhees but my guess is everything has been put on hold until the completion of the lawsuit. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle was rushed to release in the States over concerns stemming from the lawsuit.

Somewhere on the forum, somebody gave a much better and detailed description of what’s going on and how the lawsuit would affect things. Again, too lazy to search but it’s here somewhere (I think).

• Like 1

This thread will probably be over 100 pages by the time Reggie would come in best scenario?

@bewareofbearsIf there's a character already in the pipeline, I'd put my money on Tina. They probably just are having a hard time implementing her. I wouldn't be surprised if she came with the role out of the Part 7 map.(if they have the license to it.)

Edited by Armani?

34 minutes ago, Armani? said:

This thread will probably be over 100 pages by the time Reggie would come in best scenario?

@bewareofbearsIf there's a character already in the pipeline, I'd put my money on Tina. They probably just are having a hard time implementing her. I wouldn't be surprised if she came with the role out of the Part 7 map.(if they have the license to it.)

And you will have posted 70 pages of it.

• Thanks 1