Dyson350

Seems like the devs and most people forget you should be LUCKY if you survive.

Because Richie, combined with the nerfs Jason got, it creates a perfect storm.

Let me give you an example. 

Jason used to be able to trap-stack, a counter to bodyblocking but it worked well against Medic users because they would have to tank at least 2 to get to an objective like the phone so it evened out, trap-stack got removed(as it should have been, not disagreeing with that) but medic doesn't get touched.

So now we have a situation where a counselor only has to tank one, can heal themselves, dip out if Jason shows up, and tank another trap if Jason sets another one (if he even has anymore, he doesn't get the luxury of refilling his traps like counselors can refill med sprays), not to mention Jason's ability cooldowns meaning that if two groups are contesting two different objectives then Jason is gonna have a bad time.

That's just one of my issues, there are more.

I found four pocket knives in one match alone on Camp Crystal Lake. Thats ridiculous, extremely ridiculous and I saw two other counselors find pocket knives as well. Being a counselor is becoming way too easy. And those shotguns .... Found three of them myself. At this point Jason needs to be buffed more.

19 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

You have no idea what you're talking about, buddy. I've been playing this game since launch and I loved the fuck out of it then; whether I was dying every match or not. I actually stopped playing when counselors got their buff at the end of October. Playing as a counselor became way too easy and started boring the fuck out of me. Jason is a little bitch now. This game is about Jason Voorhees, we should be afraid to be near him. Why exactly shouldn't Jason be "overpowered" when there's one of him versus seven/eight other players? Makes no sense.

Thank you, now I understand where this confusion is coming from. When I say there should be a balance, I mean that Jason should be overpowered enough to clear a room but not enough to win every single time. I don't mean make Jason balanced against one counselor but a whole room. He should be able to take control of map, but counselors should also be able to take back that control with enough strategy.

The reason the game is how it is now is simply because of quick play. You wouldn't understand if you play private matches all the time. Most people in quick play either don't use their mics, or they're in a private chat with their friends. This is why the devs made these changes. If everyone had a mic, then counselors would easily be able to strategize and escape. Since nobody uses them, though, the devs are forced to make it so that you don't need mics and strategy to win.

I believe they should somehow disable parties. Most people do have a mic, they just get into parties with their friends and don't talk to other people.

22 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Because Richie, combined with the nerfs Jason got, it creates a perfect storm.

Let me give you an example. 

Jason used to be able to trap-stack, a counter to bodyblocking but it worked well against Medic users because they would have to tank at least 2 to get to an objective like the phone so it evened out, trap-stack got removed(as it should have been, not disagreeing with that) but medic doesn't get touched.

So now we have a situation where a counselor only has to tank one, can heal themselves, dip out if Jason shows up, and tank another trap if Jason sets another one (if he even has anymore, he doesn't get the luxury of refilling his traps like counselors can refill med sprays), not to mention Jason's ability cooldowns meaning that if two groups are contesting two different objectives then Jason is gonna have a bad time.

That's just one of my issues, there are more.

Trap-stacking used to be able to insta-kill a counselor. You're right, it should've been removed. The thing is, there WAS a nerf to counselors because of this. Luck counselors like Vanessa, Chad, Jenny, and Tommy can no longer tank more traps than others. Every counselor now takes the same amount of damage with traps.

Also, traps should NEVER be a secure thing for Jason. They are simply alarms that can cause damage, stall, and nothing more. They should not in any way be made so powerful that it allows Jason to do two things at the same time. If someone tanks all of his traps and is calling the police, while other counselors are escaping in the 4-seater, Jason is going to have to prioritize one over the other. That is completely fair game. Jason should never be powerful to the point where he is never put into that situation. It's gonna happen.

People think traps were made to be a free kill for Jason. They really aren't. A counselor should be able to tank all of them. they are only there to give Jason more time to do other things.

22 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

If everyone had a mic, then counselors would easily be able to strategize and escape. Since nobody uses them, though, the devs are forced to make it so that you don't need mics and strategy to win.

I believe they should somehow disable parties. Most people do have a mic, they just get into parties with their friends and don't talk to other people.

That is one of the main problems, people don't want to play the game right by not using mics and communication to win. So they adjust the game so its not needed, so then when you do play a team that have mics and communicate it is almost impossible, which punishes Jason against people who play the game correctly.

As for people who use party chat, I have always refused to play in lobbies with these peoples. Walkies are put in the game for a reason, to bypass these I consider it cheating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Incorrect. Jason has not been overly nerfed. Fix his grab range and his combat(and counselor's)and he's ready to go. This thread is making it seem like it's impossible to be Jason anymore and that Jason should be made OP to the point where counselors should be "LUCKY" if they survive.

Of course an element of luck should come into it....because guess what? It's supposed to be a survival horror game!

14 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

Jason didn't have traps or knives, and every single drawer in the game took twice as long to open since the counselors would close even empty drawers, drastically slowing down the pace of the game in general. On top of that, stamina management was a minigame unto itself, with the majority of counselors besides Tiffany and Vanessa frequently running out of breath even in jogs between cabins. (In fact as a side note, it may have been during the beta that Vanessa's stamina was changed from 10 to 9.)

While I don't welcome a return to it's pacing, the old balance (in addition to Jason's original grab range and fluidity of control which resulted in less time on missed/stuck swings and repositioning for environmental kills/knives with the "E" button) was much more difficult. If your original point were true, I don't believe the game would have made it as far as it has. I believe there's absolutely a place for challenge in this game, and that without it, the game will stagnate.

It's exciting to rip a victory out of Jason's hands because you outplayed him. Strolling around with 4-6 Health Sprays (that each heal for 30% more, at that) and/or 1-2 Pocket Knives isn't outplaying Jason. It's the same thing as running through Doom after typing IDDQD and taunting the demons for being weak. It's like, no shit they're weak, the deck's stacked in your favor. This recent patch has got a lot of Brad Vickers thinking they're Chris Redfields. 

I'm open to having my opinion changed, but it's going to be a tough sell to convince me that the Packanack Dancing Skeleton Pocket Knife Party™ is anything close to what a Friday the 13th game should be, and at one point, was.

13 hours ago, Dyson350 said:

You say its a video game and boring if its too easy yet you defend the current state of the game where its easy to play as a counselor and win, not to mention more times than not you are playing a counselor....what??? lol You contradicted yourself. 

And luck very much should play a part in it, if you get a bad spawn and or Jason happens to target you out of the other handful of people on the map that all comes down to luck, especially if you have no way of cabin hopping or way to escape/kill time so your team can collect stuff to escape. 

I guess we are different in the sense I like a challenge and not have wins handed to me. I would rather play a high tension cat and mouse game as a mouse not knowing if am going to escape or not and every so often get to play as the cat to relax and have fun chasing and killing.

3 hours ago, Creighton_Duke said:

Just had an awful, AWFUL session with some of the biggest scrubs i've seen in a single session.

They had the gall to say I suck ass as Jason. No, you guys suck because the current balancing is all out of whack. Yes, being a counselor should be a hellish survival of the fittest, not "pick on the mentally disabled man".

Don't even give me that "you should block" crap. I'm here to chew ass AND kick ass when I play as Jason, not be on an equal playing field with the counselors...except Tommy. He can have more in-game buffs than everyone else.

That's why the first month of the game was a total blast. It actually was like playing a slasher film in video game form. It was beautiful.

I really do not like this more action game centric incarnation we got right now. Totally betrays what the game was meant to be.

Well said, guys. I agree 1000%

3 hours ago, R.J MacReady said:

Who said I was talking about Jason?

Item marking, Medic perks, campsite one-stop shops, this f**king holiday epic perk event.

You follow me, chief?

This kind of shit is what killed the game for me. I used to play this game everyday. Now, I get pissed off just looking at the Main Menu screen.

2 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

You have no idea what you're talking about, buddy. I've been playing this game since launch and I loved the fuck out of it then; whether I was dying every match or not. I actually stopped playing when counselors got their buff at the end of October. Playing as a counselor became way too easy and started boring the fuck out of me. Jason is a little bitch now. This game is about Jason Voorhees, we should be afraid to be near him. Why exactly shouldn't Jason be "overpowered" when there's one of him versus seven/eight other players? Makes no sense.

I agree 1000%

2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

I found four pocket knives in one match alone on Camp Crystal Lake. Thats ridiculous, extremely ridiculous and I saw two other counselors find pocket knives as well. Being a counselor is becoming way too easy. And those shotguns .... Found three of them myself. At this point Jason needs to be buffed more.

That last patch in October put an end to one of the best experiences in video games. Hopefully we get some part of it back. If not, then my backlog has gotten out of hand, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Thank you, now I understand where this confusion is coming from. When I say there should be a balance, I mean that Jason should be overpowered enough to clear a room but not enough to win every single time. I don't mean make Jason balanced against one counselor but a whole room. He should be able to take control of map, but counselors should also be able to take back that control with enough strategy.

The reason the game is how it is now is simply because of quick play. You wouldn't understand if you play private matches all the time. Most people in quick play either don't use their mics, or they're in a private chat with their friends. This is why the devs made these changes. If everyone had a mic, then counselors would easily be able to strategize and escape. Since nobody uses them, though, the devs are forced to make it so that you don't need mics and strategy to win.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; the devs need to implement some match options for people that don’t want the annoying counselor handicaps. The one thing that ruined this game completely for me was the parts icons. It really makes counselor play way too easy. I think putting an option to toggle parts icons on and off would bring back some semblance of fun in the game. You should be able to have options for item spawns, escape methods, etc. as well. I honestly don’t even know if the devs would know how to do that, though. You’re actually 100% right; quickplay ruined this game. 

• Like 3

The more I think about it, the more I actually agree that item marking actually made being counselor a little too easy.

Its not a glaringly gamebreaking as the overabundance of items, the nerfs on Jason and the ridiculously fast reverse driving speed, but it definitely adds a little too much convenience to a game that should be akin to a war zone on the counselor's side of things.

• Like 1

There is no question Jason is completely underpowered. Counselors were meant to die. You were lucky to survive.  Fighting Jason per the devs was NOT advised. It was supposed to be a last ditch effort to escape. Just like it is in the movies. 

Getting beat on and stunlocked and skated ...cmon. And not being able to stop the car going backward?? No. 

This is why I like singleplayer for now. Its not as much fun as the beta was but its less annoying than online play. 

• Thanks 3

What's great about offline is that you actually get a chance to be a more strategic, calculated Jason who takes his time picking people off.

• Like 1

well.. I dont want luck to have any part in winning

but Jason is weak as shit and too easy to bully

18 hours ago, Creighton_Duke said:

What's great about offline is that you actually get a chance to be a more strategic, calculated Jason who takes his time picking people off.

In its current state, the only strategy I can think to use against offline bots is herding them away from cabins. All they do is hide, and ‘Seek and Destroy’ kills are boring as hell. 

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Just went 7/7 in Quick Match. Before this patch that wasn't doable.

What? Jason didn't get any buffs this patch.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

What? Jason didn't get any buffs this patch.

Just seeing the improvement in getting the doors opened. It stopped clipping while in combat mode. That saved a whole 30 seconds while trying to get in early game.

*Edit*
I've been playing since day 1, taking only small hiatuses around the small map patch. Once they changed the way he interacted with windows and doors I couldn't do anything. Granted it seems like every weapon now grants a stun first hit (so annoying), but the perk of it not taking a minute to get into a cabin early game is vital. 

Edited by Ricky
Added more explanation.