Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sound pings showed their location in the building, because stealth can make all the difference when you elect to hide.

Nah dude...Stealth is useless ;) Forums said so. :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sound pings showed their location in the building, because stealth can make all the difference when you elect to hide.

Ah, that explains it. I didn't see them in the cabin.

I will say that I laughed out loud when Fox dove out the window not ONCE, not TWICE, but THREE TIMES -- right in front of Jason. :lol:

I did the update on Monday but ran out of time to play, as yesterday was my wedding anniversary. Hoping to get some time in on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Punisher_2099They do start the car and drive on hard. Alone. No intentions at all to get someone else in the car. and straight into your arms without even trying to avoid you.  They also use the weapons and pocket knives and repair the phone including calling (none of them going for it once the police is here tough)

But they only do this if you let them some time at start. If you go after them as usual in MP they don´t get anything done.

I had 2 in the car drive toward the exit, of course I let them get that far. Also Adam ran to the police exit but you pretty much have to give them a head start to do all this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Nah dude...Stealth is useless ;) Forums said so. :P

;)And what do we do on the forums, when someone finds value in an underloved part of the game?:P

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

;)And what do we do on the forums, when someone finds value in an underloved part of the game:P

giphy.gif

It's a fair cop . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them. 
They do crawl under the bed a bit to much (especially with Jason 5 ft behind them) and are completely afraid of the phone box if trapped, but offline mode is fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bots ain't that bad. Just had a game and they tanked the phone and both of the car traps on seperate cars within 30 seconds of each other. Another match one of them got the car going, stopped it, a minute later caught Tommy just before the exit trying to escape on his own. Seemed like a typical QP Jarvis to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have internet so I highly enjoy the bots. Its great practice as Jason. I have gotten a lot better at using his gameplay mechanics. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read this whole thread, so apologies if this has been talked about, but is it possible to unlock achievements - specifically Phd in Murder - against the bots? Because I played a game yesterday, got the barn fence kill I have been needing, checked the achievement and it said 98%. Then I turned off the game for a bit, came back on later, and it was back down to 96% again. I have another friend who plays that has had the same experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Nice! One quick question: at 7:30, how in the HELL did you know where the counselor was hiding?? You walked into the cabin, and they were in the FIRST place you checked!

At 7:27 you can hear the counselor enter the hiding spot, previous to that they were running around in the general area so it gave me direction with the sound pings. Sounds like it's Chad.

I wear headphones when I play anything now and I've noticed with the bots that when they enter a hiding spot in your vicinity you can usually hear it. Not many people hide in multiplayer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offline bots, are surprisingly running a lot smoother, than mp...in certain ways. It is a nice addition. If you get to be a Jason, it's a good way to learn, how each Jason plays. Yet with this mode....I tend to play more relaxed. Mp is always different, makes the rewards...for hunting down and getting them....that much better. That's just me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Offline bots, are surprisingly running a lot smoother, than mp...in certain ways. It is a nice addition. If you get to be a Jason, it's a good way to learn, how each Jason plays. Yet with this mode....I tend to play more relaxed. Mp is always different, makes the rewards...for hunting down and getting them....that much better. That's just me though. 

Having a 1 in 8 chance to play a nerfed Jason against buffed counselors is why I don't find multiplayer rewarding in the slightest.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Having a 1 in 8 chance to play a nerfed Jason against buffed counselors is why I don't find multiplayer rewarding in the slightest.

With the current state of the game, you're right...it's not. It should've been fixed by now. I'm just as frustrated...as you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

The bots ain't that bad. Just had a game and they tanked the phone and both of the car traps on seperate cars within 30 seconds of each other. Another match one of them got the car going, stopped it, a minute later caught Tommy just before the exit trying to escape on his own. Seemed like a typical QP Jarvis to me.

I had a Chad suicide by broken window to avoid me killing him and that seemed almost intentionally programmed based off QP Chad’s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Having a 1 in 8 chance to play a nerfed Jason against buffed counselors is why I don't find multiplayer rewarding in the slightest.

Not much of a consolation but your chances will be higher now that they’ve made it so that having counselor preference set means players will only spawn as a counselor.

Edited by Tiffany
Sorry for double post!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carnage4u said:

They . . . are completely afraid of the phone box if trapped, but offline mode is fun.

Interesting. I had a Vanessa-bot pop my first phone trap, then I followed an injured AJ-bot as it limped over and died eating the second phone trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun to play with for a bit. But they need to be a lot more challenging. They repaired the car in three separate games and just sat in it. I also waited for them to run to the cops but they never did. You really can't seem to lose which is boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

;)And what do we do on the forums, when someone finds value in an underloved part of the game?:P

giphy.gif

Or a character that isn't the so called META.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bots are pretty fun, I swear mine are getting smarter. I start the game with some coffee and contemplation until I get stalk, then I hunt. Actually had Mitch, Chad, Jenny and Fox crash the four seater into the covered bridge at Blair's Cove when I morphed in. It was hysterical watching them run into the railings, the ones who get stuck I'll let go. I chase the ones who run away successfully, and by the time I get back they are gone. Except Chad who had started the car and managed to roll it into the river below, he was just coming out of the water when I got back. It's more fun if you wait and get stalk before you hunt, it lets them get stuff done. On hard, my bots will fight me now as before they wouldn't even if they had a weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played 25-30 games, more or less, against the bots. I've had one bot escape so far. They managed to call the police and Vanessa got out. Deb is always skulking around the phone and I find Fox is always around the cars.

Obviously I enjoy playing against the bots but I would like them to be more challenging on hard. I've been thinking about trying a game where I can't use shift or morph, or one where I can't use traps. Curious to see how they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Obviously I enjoy playing against the bots but I would like them to be more challenging on hard. I've been thinking about trying a game where I can't use shift or morph, or one where I can't use traps. Curious to see how they do.

I'm going to try a "no land movement Jason" match against the bots. You can only move via Shift, Morph and water. Strictly no walking / running. :lol:

PS: I'm pretty sure the difficulty is reversed, hard is easy and vice-versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm going to try a "no land movement Jason" match against the bots. You can only move via Shift, Morph and water. Strictly no walking / running. :lol:

PS: I'm pretty sure the difficulty is reversed, hard is easy and vice-versa.

I found on Easy they were leaving doors open and running right at me. I'll have to try some rounds on Easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how team killing is a thing in offline mode, haha.   It's funny seeing a Chad or Vanessa killed by a shot gun blast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...