Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest
13 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I was in normal mode, it wouldn't let me change it no matter what I did. I'll try reloading the game and see if something was up.

If I recall correctly a few times, a few counselors had flare guns, but never used them.

It also SEEMED like certain counselors only stayed in their spawn areas. Which I found odd, especially as the time ticked down, while I purposely waited to see if anything would happen and to get my stalk.

Don't get me wrong it's definitely buggy as all hell and I'm sure it will be for a while, unless they get it fixed "Soon" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised on how well offline worked. I fired it up, started a match and was muttering to myself that the counselors will probably all be running around outside aimlessly...........and then one of them shot me through an open window with a flare gun. I was totally surprised. Guaranteed were not talking about a room filled with Olympic hardcore level 101 players here but I have to say, yes, glitch at times, but I was very pleased. I REALLY enjoyed being able to truly test out Jason's I never pick, like hillbilly Jason or Part 3J.

 

Just a little criticism though, I've never seen so many people dive for under the bed since the kids at camp in part 6. I swear 1/3 of my kills were under beds and in cabinets, including Tommy Jarvis a few times.

 

friday-the-13th-part-vi-jason-lives-pray

 

...........I just hope this doesn't kill it's online roots.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CryptM said:

Don't get me wrong it's definitely buggy as all hell and I'm sure it will be for a while, unless they get it fixed "Soon" :lol:

Ehem.. that's "Soon™" :P

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

 

for how long? this gets boring very fast when there isn´t even a bit of a challenge. it´s basically god mode. let´s be honest, we can´t expect this to get any better soon if they even gonna bother with it that is. Tbh i have no intenion to play another offline bot match after 5 matches. maybe if i get the last 3 kills not done in my next 100 hours online. maybe.

 

Oh yeah, I am done with offline mode to be honest.. I killed everyone easily and in under 8 minutes.. I never do that well, even by far as Jason in QP with people, so I know its broken lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just played an offline match literally one-handed while eating food. I even let the bots get the car started. All died, zero effort. They are hilariously bad on any mode (the difficulty is also reversed, easy is hard and vice-versa, but doesn't amount to much). Prior to that, I got the crap beat out of me online by a good group of counselors who were stocked to the brim with pocket knives, med sprays, bats and 3 shotguns contesting the 4-seater (increased item spawns, yay). I'm starting to think offline bots are how the devs imagine people play this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, auticus said:

Not everyone plays the game as a competitive e-sport though.

my m8 with 30 hours in this game got a 8/8 on the first match. he didn´t play for months before. it´s actually god mode if you have already played more than 10 Jasons games already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, auticus said:

Not everyone plays the game as a competitive e-sport though.

Even mentioning "e-sport" in regards to this game is ridiculous. People can play a game competitively or just for fun, both ways are perfectly fine. Most people who use the term e-sport don't even know what the hell it means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some people that's ok.  Not everyone wants to play the game as a competitive e-sport.  Meaning they arent playing the game for intense challenge.  THey are playing the game to unwind and let off some steam.  

If you require git-gud level challenge, stick to multiplayer.  Single player lets people that don't care about that or don't feel like listening to 12 year olds scream the n word over the mic play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

 

for how long? this gets boring very fast when there isn´t even a bit of a challenge. it´s basically god mode. let´s be honest, we can´t expect this to get any better soon if they even gonna bother with it that is. Tbh i have no intenion to play another offline bot match after 5 matches. maybe if i get the last 3 kills not done in my next 100 hours online. maybe.

Yeah I'm surprised by the number of people praising it as decent. I've played a handful of times and aside from beginners learning the rudiments of Jason's abilities I see no reason for anyone else to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Even mentioning "e-sport" in regards to this game is ridiculous. People can play a game competitively or just for fun, both ways are perfectly fine. Most people who use the term e-sport don't even know what the hell it means.

I know what e-sport means.  I use it in the context of players that want to compete.  Be competitive.  Require 100% challenge 100% of the time. Ala - esport.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Confused Counsellor said:

Yeah I'm surprised by the number of people praising it as decent. I've played a handful of times and aside from beginners learning the rudiments of Jason's abilities I see no reason for anyone else to play.

There have been several explanations on why others would want to play single player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, auticus said:

There have been several explanations on why others would want to play single player. 

Host quits etc? OK I can understand that's enough to quit multiplayer. But surely there is better entertainment than wasting 8 pathetic AI, climbing into cupboards right in front of you? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard mode is the only mode that remotely feels like actual players.  Even then, it's purpose is to teach you how to seek and destroy and stay on top of the objectives effectively.  I hope they make more advanced options where they counselors attempt to kill you or at the very least begin cross coordinating with each other....

oh wait.....

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that you just have to realize that what you find enjoyable and fun is not what everyone finds enjoyable and fun, and your requirements for top-level top-tier competition in games is not what everyone finds enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, auticus said:

I know what e-sport means.  I use it in the context of players that want to compete.  Be competitive.  Require 100% challenge 100% of the time. Ala - esport.  

Competitive playing is a mindset, e-sport is pro gaming. There's a difference. Just because people want a challenge, or are into technical gameplay, doesn't mean they're treating a game like an e-sport. The only times I see this term thrown around on these forums is in desperate arguments over difficulty / skill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The offline bots are EXACTLY as a Jason game should play. They should be brain dead. They should be easy to kill. You should kill them ALL. If you want to play a Jason sim that is faithful to the movies, then it’s offline bots. It’s WAY more faithful to a Jason game than online multiplayer. By far. But if you want just a multiplayer game that’s not accurate to a Friday Film experience, and full of stupid shitheads, racist remarks, and trolling.... offline bots aren’t for you. Stick with multiplayer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best thing to happen to this game. Jason feels OP again. They need to hurry up and fix Tommy opening and closing drawers over and over. But in my first 2 rounds with bots Ive been smacked with a bat by Chad, shot by Fox and Deborah, and been stunned by firecrackers.  So the AI does fight back. I disagree with the people saying its no fun. They fight enough to be amusing....not enough to be annoying. Quite simply I feel like JASON in a Friday the 13th movie and its a blast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we can be pedantic over the definition of "esport".  Thats fine.  Lets just stick to "competitive playing" then.  Not everyone wants to play a game "competitively" all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, auticus said:

I guess we can be pedantic over the definition of "esport".  Thats fine.  Lets just stick to "competitive playing" then.  Not everyone wants to play a game "competitively" all the time.

That's fair. I don't always play competitively either, on the contrary I play with friends for fun as much as I can. But I'm still competent at the game and the bots are a total pushover. The programming needs a lot of work. I'm not sure why someone would get a kick out of killing counselors who hide in a closet directly in front of you, or go for a casual swim in the water with you, or get stuck in a loop opening and closing a drawer. But each to their own I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

That's fair. I don't always play competitively either, on the contrary I play with friends for fun as much as I can. But I'm still competent at the game and the bots are a total pushover. The programming needs a lot of work. I'm not sure why someone would get a kick out of killing counselors who hide in a closet directly in front of you, or go for a casual swim in the water with you, or get stuck in a loop opening and closing a drawer. But each to their own I guess.

The novelty will wear off quickly. Once they've done all the different kills several times, chasing down mindless drones will lose its appeal.

Offline would be fun as a counselor too if they were able to program a decent AI Jason. Especially if the bot counselors were smart enough to help with objectives. It would likely be better than the average Quickplay lobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The novelty will wear off quickly. Once they've done all the different kills several times, chasing down mindless drones will lose its appeal.

Offline would be fun as a counselor too if they were able to program a decent AI Jason. Especially if the bot counselors were smart enough to help with objectives. It would likely be better than the average Quickplay lobby.

Agree with both points (pretty much). I think a strong AI Jason would be much more enjoyable than killing mindless drones. Providing the bots were programmed correctly and weren't prone to bugs, offline matches could work as a counselor. But multiplayer will always be the #1 experience for me, even despite its issues. Humans vs bots is just a totally different game, it's the difference of communicating and coordinating vs none of that at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is obviously room for improvement.  I don't expect the bots we have now to be the final bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Agree with both points (pretty much). I think a strong AI Jason would be much more enjoyable than killing mindless drones. Providing the bots were programmed correctly and weren't prone to bugs, offline matches could work as a counselor. But multiplayer will always be the #1 experience for me, even despite its issues. Bots vs humans is just a totally different game, it's the difference of communicating and coordinating vs none of that at all.

Fully agree.

It's a shame the multiplayer aspect of the game has taken a back seat. I know, I know...small team and all that, had to get VC and bots out, and then focus can turn back to MP. Problem is, there's still all that SP content they're gonna push out, and additional upgrades to the offline bot AI. So MP likely won't get the time and energy it sorely needs - at least for a while.

We spent the last two months with the worst rendition of MP so far, and this last patch only made it worse (way too many items now, traps are messed up) while improving next to nothing.

I've been saying for the last two months that this patch was make or break for them. They didn't make it...Now we have to wait until late January for the next patch. Not sure how many people will be around for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 4:55 PM, bewareofbears said:

Played a round versus the bots, on normal difficultly. Some quick thoughts:

  • It's fun
  • The bots make some bad choices as well as some dumb ones (See Fox window hopping in the video below...)
  • Gameplay is smooth, I wish multiplayer were this smooth

I made a quick video of my first round against the offline bots for those waiting to see how it is. 7 bots, normal difficulty:

I haven't played anymore rounds, been poking around the virtual cabin.

Feel free to share your thoughts (and videos, etc) here.

Nice! One quick question: at 7:30, how in the HELL did you know where the counselor was hiding?? You walked into the cabin, and they were in the FIRST place you checked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Nice! One quick question: at 7:30, how in the HELL did you know where the counselor was hiding?? You walked into the cabin, and they were in the FIRST place you checked!

Sound pings showed their location in the building, because stealth can make all the difference when you elect to hide.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...