Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Virtual Cabin 2.0 Screenshots

This makes me remember the original Virtual Cabin. When SJ was available...

3 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Can someone explain what virtual cabin is to us console only players?

It is just an exhibition of in game content.  The Jasons will have bios with them.  There will be a puzzle to open the front door and you will be killed by Jason.  Just a museum to f13 really. 

7 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Can someone explain what virtual cabin is to us console only players?

It is a self-contained environment, using elements from existing assets in the game that acts as a museum and an interactive experience.

Edit: Basically what @Maddogg_8121 posted just seconds before me.

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

It is just an exhibition of in game content.  The Jasons will have bios with them.  There will be a puzzle to open the front door and you will be killed by Jason.  Just a museum to f13 really. 

Thanks.  That's kinda what I thought based off whatever I ready from a couple months ago.  Seems like a nice addition.  Just hoping it is not coming in place of single player in the next patch.

It looks really good, but I'm nervous that when they release it, the servers will be down or something. I'm also expecting single player to come with it which makes me more nervous!

10 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

It looks really good, but I'm nervous that when they release it, the servers will be down or something. I'm also expecting single player to come with it which makes me more nervous!

What diffrence would the servers make? They said its playable offline once vc.2.0 comes.

am i the only one not super excited about this? don't get me wrong... it's a nice little addition, i suppose, but it really just seems like one of those things most people will spend an hour with before going "well... that was fun, i guess." 

i swear i'm not trying to shit on this... and maybe i'm just missing something... but i just don't see how this adds much to the overall gaming experience. seriously... please let me know what i'm missing, here. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Thanks.  That's kinda what I thought based off whatever I ready from a couple months ago.  Seems like a nice addition.  Just hoping it is not coming in place of single player in the next patch.

It's part of what they are considering the single player experience.

8 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

It's part of what they are considering the single player experience.

I don't doubt you, but for me single player means one thing - playing as Jason and killing counselors over and over.

16 minutes ago, matisangry said:

am i the only one not super excited about this? don't get me wrong... it's a nice little addition, i suppose, but it really just seems like one of those things most people will spend an hour with before going "well... that was fun, i guess." 

i swear i'm not trying to shit on this... and maybe i'm just missing something... but i just don't see how this adds much to the overall gaming experience. seriously... please let me know what i'm missing, here. 

Yeah I don't get what the big deal is?

39 minutes ago, matisangry said:

Nope. I'm right there with you. I'm HOPING it'll add more than I'm expecting and I'll be pleasantly surprised. But this just seems like slapping more makeup on the pig.

I know I'm being pretty negative here, but I don't care for this patch at all. I don't it's gonna fix anything that's been wrong with the game since Oct. 25th...The "best" thing they're doing is fixing the trap bypass on car doors, and I don't think that's gonna have a good effect on gameplay. We'll have to wait and see.

The game is the buggiest mess it's been since launch. Adding more content accomplishes nothing, aside from maybe distracting from the mess that is Multiplayer. People will talk about how cool VC is for a couple of days then go back to wondering wtf is wrong with Jason. I can see the complaints about offline bots streaming in already...I don't trust these devs with AI yet. I'm predicting even more bugs with offline bots than online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

No, you aren't the only one.  This should have been a day one addition if they were gonna do it at all.  It doesn't add much as you said and will be cool for about as much time as you also said.  It really wasn't needed.   Vc for PC was fine.  It had enough stuff to showcase what was going to be in the game.   We already know this one has a puzzle to where you can be killed by Jason.  Same as the original vc.  Nothing spectacular.   Oh well.   Devs felt it was necessary.  

21 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I know I'm being pretty negative here, but I don't care for this patch at all. I don't it's gonna fix anything that's been wrong with the game since Oct. 25th...The "best" thing they're doing is fixing the trap bypass on car doors, and I don't think that's gonna have a good effect on gameplay. We'll have to wait and see.

The game is the buggiest mess it's been since launch. Adding more content accomplishes nothing, aside from maybe distracting from the mess that is Multiplayer. People will talk about how cool VC is for a couple of days then go back to wondering wtf is wrong with Jason. I can see the complaints about offline bots streaming in already...I don't trust these devs with AI yet. I'm predicting even more bugs with offline bots than online.

agreed. i get people love the road map and would get pissed if there were delays, but I'd rather see them delay new content and fix the core of the game first. virtual cabins? new skins? great. all well and good... but I'd rather play a game without getting booted to the main menu 20 seconds after the host gets killed.

11 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

No, you aren't the only one.  This should have been a day one addition if they were gonna do it at all.  It doesn't add much as you said and will be cool for about as much time as you also said.  It really wasn't needed.   Vc for PC was fine.  It had enough stuff to showcase what was going to be in the game.   We already know this one has a puzzle to where you can be killed by Jason.  Same as the original vc.  Nothing spectacular.   Oh well.   Devs felt it was necessary.  

if everything else was kosher, I'd be fine with it be this just seems like a huge waste of time when core elements of the game are still broken. 

12 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Answering my own question here..

cabin2.jpg

Model of the Voorhees House To The Bottom Left.

That does look pretty cool, so is that where we go to hang out when Jason quits five seconds in? Or when the host quits? We get lost connection? Blue screen dropped and have to reboot our system? Or when..... to be continued. Sorry, just had to say it.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Nope. I'm right there with you. I'm HOPING it'll add more than I'm expecting and I'll be pleasantly surprised. But this just seems like slapping more makeup on the pig.

I'm really hoping it'll include Paranoia Mode based off this from the announcement trailer.

20uzl14.png

33yt5qp.png

Since the trailer shows that you can interact with a VHS tape, I'm wondering if starting this game mode would require inserting the tape into a VCR. The tape will probably have a 1970's box art movie theme titled "Paranoia", then once you insert the tape, a zoom in cut scene of the TV starts, the dots and Paranoia will appear opening up like a 70's horror movie, thus entering the game mode. It would make sense a little bit since the Paranoia trailer took some inspiration from the movie Bay Of Blood.

I'll be a bit disappointed if it didn't. It's about the only thing to save multiplayer as far as this next update goes, at least for the time being until they can sort out the Jason problems.

24 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

cabin2.jpg

That’s pretty cool... kinda excited to see all the Easter eggs!

50 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

cabin2.jpg

Good eyes! I'm really looking forward to what other goodies are in there.

3 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

They'll probably have to change it about 3 months from now. Ya know, after people complain that Jason kills them. They'll whine that they should be able to dance and teabag their way through the tour without being killed by OP Jason.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I'm really hoping it'll include Paranoia Mode based off this from the announcement trailer.

20uzl14.png

33yt5qp.png

Since the trailer shows that you can interact with a VHS tape, I'm wondering if starting this game mode would require inserting the tape into a VCR. The tape will probably have a 1970's box art movie theme titled "Paranoia", then once you insert the tape, a zoom in cut scene of the TV starts, the dots and Paranoia will appear opening up like a 70's horror movie, thus entering the game mode. It would make sense a little bit since the Paranoia trailer took some inspiration from the movie Bay Of Blood.

I'll be a bit disappointed if it didn't. It's about the only thing to save multiplayer as far as this next update goes, at least for the time being until they can sort out the Jason problems.

The roadmap says the new game mode is coming next year. There's no reason to believe we're seeing Paranoia anytime soon.