Anonymous

A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Game.

Robert Englund said he is too old to play Freddy but what about motion capture?  Gun needs to get rights to the franchise to make A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Game and get Robert Englund to do the mo cap for the game, this needs to happen, do you guys think Robert would do this?

Freddy will never be in the game. Not just because getting the rights would probably be difficult, or because of the massive amount of resources and development time it would take to implement him to the same standard that they have implemented Jason, but because it would be nearly impossible to do Freddy right in a game that is built around Jason. Freddy would require his own game and it wouldn't play anything like this one.

Look at Dead by Daylight. If you ignore the whole "hooking instead of killing" aspect then they managed to implement Michael Myers and Leatherface pretty well, but Freddy in that game is just a standard slasher who is invisible and unable to interact with you until he "puts you to sleep" which just causes the map to get a visual filter. Just a standard slasher with a lazy sleep gimmick, because you can't just put Freddy in another game and have him work properly.

I'd set your sights on more attainable stuff like a game mode with playable Pamela. I don't think she could be plugged into the main game, but they could make it a separate mode with different rules like Paranoia, whatever that turns out to be.

• Like 1

I guess they could add him as a second killer who fights Jason. This wpuld be entirely in the real world, with Fredd beind a beefed up counselor who also kills counselors. It still would feel a bit out of place and a would not give justice to the character.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Freddy will never be in the game. Not just because getting the rights would probably be difficult, or because of the massive amount of resources and development time it would take to implement him to the same standard that they have implemented Jason, but because it would be nearly impossible to do Freddy right in a game that is built around Jason. Freddy would require his own game and it wouldn't play anything like this one.

Look at Dead by Daylight. If you ignore the whole "hooking instead of killing" aspect then they managed to implement Michael Myers and Leatherface pretty well, but Freddy in that game is just a standard slasher who is invisible and unable to interact with you until he "puts you to sleep" which just causes the map to get a visual filter. Just a standard slasher with a lazy sleep gimmick, because you can't just put Freddy in another game and have him work properly.

I'd set your sights on more attainable stuff like a game mode with playable Pamela. I don't think she could be plugged into the main game, but they could make it a separate mode with different rules like Paranoia, whatever that turns out to be.

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

Robert Englund said he is too old to play Freddy but what about motion capture?  Gun needs to get rights to the franchise to make A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Game and get Robert Englund to do the mo cap for the game, this needs to happen, do you guys think Robert would do this?

Motion capture could be pretty physically demanding, so maybe it'll be too much for him. But I'm sure he's good enough to do a few key things.

Freddy needs to be done in the same way Jason has. I 100% agree.

Gun and Illfonic should be the lead developers because if they were able to force mechanics beautifully onto such a limited character as Jason, imagine what they could do with Freddy. He's built for this shit.

56 minutes ago, Cobuyius said:

I guess they could add him as a second killer who fights Jason. This wpuld be entirely in the real world, with Fredd beind a beefed up counselor who also kills counselors. It still would feel a bit out of place and a would not give justice to the character.

"Noooooooooo" - Darth Vader

Even if Gun Media and Illfonic got the rights to make a Nightmare on Elm Street game, or frankly, any other licensed game, they wouldn't even start development on it until F13's development is largely over. By that I mean the point where the servers are still up and there's the occasional bug fix and maybe a clothing pack or two but no more maps, Jasons, Counselors, game modes or anything that shakes the game up. And that could be, and hopefully is, still years away.

55 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Even if Gun Media and Illfonic got the rights to make a Nightmare on Elm Street game, or frankly, any other licensed game, they wouldn't even start development on it until F13's development is largely over. By that I mean the point where the servers are still up and there's the occasional bug fix and maybe a clothing pack or two but no more maps, Jasons, Counselors, game modes or anything that shakes the game up. And that could be, and hopefully is, still years away.

I can wait 5 years

35 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I can wait 5 years

So can I. And if it does happen, it had better be Englund Freddy and the original series, even if it they can't get him to reprise the role. I was baffled when DbD's Freddy ended up being the crappy remake one.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:35 PM, Anonymous said:

No, what Gun and Illfonic need is to stay far away from established horror franchises. Doesn't matter anyway, as there are no existing Freddy Krueger lawsuits that Gun/Illfonic can benefit from.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Guys , before you rant again About Gun and Illfonic , please look at the fucking date this Topic was made.

Doesn’t change the fact that Gun and Illfonic need to not touch another horror franchise ever again. 

I'd love to see A Nightmare on Elmstreet game.

Long as its done by a well known publisher/developer. Like the NES F13 game, the NES Nightmare game wasn't horrible. Hey...at least they worked!

10 Characters

1. Nancy

2. Alice

3. Kincaid

4. John (Nancy's father)

5. Will

6. Kristen

7. Maggie

8. Jesse

9. Yvonne

10. Joey

Always room for DLC characters.

Freddy would only have two variants since his appearance doesn't change much makeup wise over the series. It would either be Nightmare Freddy or New Nightmare Freddy. If they wanted to have 3, then I guess you could add in remake Freddy.

Nightmare Freddy would be stronger in the dream world. New Nightmare Freddy stronger in the real world. Remake Freddy would be kinda the weakest of the 3.

My biggest concern is concept. There will have to be a a character like Kristin who can bring everyone into the same dream. Otherwise it would have to be a 0ne on one battle if it would stay true to the concept of the films. It’s a great idea and I’d be First in line for a Freddy game. Lots of supernatural style game mechanics to consider. I love the idea of it and it would be cool to defeat Freddy only by bringing him out of the dream somehow.