Sign in to follow this  
Legion Leader

Matchmaking needs a quality of life update

Xbox One user here. I love this game, I really do, but quick play is getting to the point where its not fun to play it. I don't think the problems will stop at dedicated severs which everyones waiting for. I think the entire matchmaking system needs to be reworked. Some people say change the matchmaking to something like Dead by Daylight while other have different ideas. If the clothing interface can get reworked maybe matchmaking can.

I honestly think the current matchmaking system need to be scrapped and focus on the biggest issues:

1. Quitters (People who don't get Jason or get Jason and quit since the nerf)
  2. Bad Connection hosts/players 
  3. Rage quitters (Players who die mid game)
  4. Random Map selection (Please don't allow the host to pick the map in quick play)
  5. Dead lobbies (After one full game everyone tends to leave and no one else joins, I call these dead lobbies. They are fixed by researching for a new game)
  6. Host quitters 
  7. Trolls (A vote to kick option is needed)

What I would like to see added to the reworked matchmaking:

1. Ability to host until servers are out (People who want to host most likely won't leave)
  2. Region lock (Ive been paired with Europeans and South Americans with bad ping, why?)
  3. Leaving early penalty (Not for leaving one match early because you have something to do, but consistent leaves result in a penalty of not being able to search for a game)
  4. Dedicated Servers
  5. Map Cycle (Please allow matchmaking maps on a random cycle or preset cycle and don't allow the host to pick)
  6. Ability to join a game as Jason only or Consoler only (A heated topic but honestly I feel it will prevent a lot of quitting)
  7. Vote to kick option (For trolls or AFK players)

I feel if the game stays in its current state that it will continue to lose players and I don't want that to happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legion Leader said:

Vote to kick option (For trolls or AFK players)

No. Never. I know your intentions are good, but there are far too many people who will abuse this. This will make trolling worse. 

• Like 2

I agree. I’m new to the game and shut it off after two hours of awful match making. I very doubt I’ll return to the game if it doesn’t improve. So frustrating to wait 10 mins for a full lobby only to be disconnected or have a timeout error. I only played one game in two hours and that lasted 10 minutes. Can’t spend that sort of time just sitting about on my phone waiting and waiting. Such a waste.

C3DF01DE-553B-496B-8141-1ECA32DB693D.jpeg

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

No. Never. I know your intentions are good, but there are far too many people who will abuse this. This will make trolling worse. 

I agree.  Rainbow Six Siege is the PERFECT example of how people abuse the vote to kick option and shows how shitty people can be.  I can join a room and instantly there is a "Vote to kick" message because I joined a group of random idiots that are just fucking off and trolling.

• Like 1

PC added regions to the search process. But it hasn't helped a thing...In fact, it seems the matchmaking pool is bigger than it was previously, even though you can search via region. I Constantly getting matched with people with 150+ ping now...So they're definitely not in North America.

Not sure why they'd add regions to the search when the game clearly ignores it during matchmaking.

My guess is, player numbers are so low, this is the best we can get...

17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

PC added regions to the search process. But it hasn't helped a thing...In fact, it seems the matchmaking pool is bigger than it was previously, even though you can search via region. I Constantly getting matched with people with 150+ ping now...So they're definitely not in North America.

Not sure why they'd add regions to the search when the game clearly ignores it during matchmaking.

Those 150+ ping people are choosing the North American servers even though they are on the opposite side of the world because they want faster queue times.

25 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's what it comes down to. There are so many improvements that could be made to matchmaking, to benefit both connectivity and gameplay, but the reality is there's not enough players for such improvements to make any meaningful difference. Worst case scenario, they actually make it worse because of the lack of players for matchmaking to work with, depending on how it's implemented.

Unless there's a steady and significant increase in the playerbase, this is the way it's going to stay. By the time they roll dedicated servers out, I predict there's going to be even less players online to even make use of them. 

18 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Those 150+ ping people are choosing the North American servers even though they are on the opposite side of the world because they want faster queue times.

Maybe. I think it's more likely that the player pool has dwindled so much that they basically just throw everyone searching in the same lobby, regardless of region.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Maybe. I think it's more likely that the player pool has dwindled so much that they basically just throw everyone searching in the same lobby, regardless of region.

I don't think so. The player pool isn't any lower than it was two or three months ago. Before it was pretty much random where you'd be sent, but now you can choose to be on the North American servers even if you aren't North American.

@GunMedia_Ben @wes @illchuck @Randygbk

I discovered setting your preference to Jason and setting Jason to random increases the chances of being selected.

The problem now is every host quitting in quick play before they get killed. Every match ends in 5 minutes or less.

I can't complete any match as Jason. I guess the rage quitters don't want my final achievement to freeze or crash my game. :lol:

54 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I don't think so. The player pool isn't any lower than it was two or three months ago. Before it was pretty much random where you'd be sent, but now you can choose to be on the North American servers even if you aren't North American.

Maybe it's not any lower, but it wasn't large to begin with either. We're now technically in the 2nd release of the game and player numbers aren't exactly through the roof. Some spikes here and there but not a consistently large pool overall.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

I do believe that's the case, and always going to be the case even if refinements towards matchmaking were to happen. 

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Agree, I don't wanna this be like Left 4 Dead.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Well SteamCharts says the game peaked 1,200 players in the last 24 hours that’s LOW for Steam. / http://steamcharts.com/app/438740