Andre

Increasing Jason's running speed

On 11/22/2017 at 0:27 AM, Andre said:

All counselors run the exact same speed lol or nearly the exact same, Jason doesnt even run a quarter of Lachappa's (the slowest counselor) sprint speed.

He is left in the dust by any counselor that decides to sprint, he can barely catch them when they are out of stamina

So I said all that to say, speeding up Jasons run just a little would hardlt ruin the game, chasing someone at his current speed makes me rethink my life choices 

What am I on? No dear what are YOU on? THIS is my entire comment! Lile I said you erased the part in your quote where I stated "...lol or nearly the exact same" (speed)

And FYI I'm very good at shift grabbing, pre and post Jason's Ultra Nerf however it has been stated countless times that gameplay as Jason becomes stale because #1 all Jasons must overcome the exact same main obstacle CATCHING counselors

#2 all Jasons must rely on the exact SAME tactic to CATCH said counselors Sense, Shift, Stalk, and Morph nothing different just the timing at which you can repeatedly use these tactics

and #3 no Jason will ever EVER be able to catch any good counselor without using these same ol tactics because why? Hes absolutely too slow

I really cant understand why a having little variety in the Jasons in regards to their abilities and running speeds would "ruin" or "break" the game. In fact it would add MORE to the game, we want variety, we want more, more abilities, more kills, we dont need things taken away from the already stale game.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:50 AM, AldermachXI said:

Erased it? I BOLDED it! I quoted your entire comment and put emphasis on that part of it because you made a statement and back peddled all at the same time. It was almost impressive...Dafuq are you on? Can I have some?

Base speed might be close. But once you combine it with stamina, it's a whole other thing. At the end of the day, Jason doesn't need to be sped up. His speeds (fast walk and running for 2,3,4) are just fine the way they are. All they need to do is fix Jason's neutered grab. I've seen countless good Jason players whiff at counselors directly in front of them to the point that it's ridiculous. They get within grabbing range just fine with the current speeds. It's by design that Jason is intended to Shift grab fast counselors. You have to make it count since Shift has a cooldown. If you miss at the wrong time, that could be a counselor escaping. And with the current state of Jason's grab, it's happening at times when it really shouldn't.

Not sure why you think the speed of the killer in Dead by Daylight is relevant here, because it isn't. They're completely different games. The simple fact is that there's absolutely no reason why Jason has to be faster than he is, when he already has Shift...If you knew how to use it how it's intended, combined with things like Stalk, you'd likely understand why. There's no reason to make Jason faster when he has all the abilities needed to bridge the gap.

Read my comment above this one, its for you and about Dead By Daylight, oh honey its completely relevant to this discussion because we are talking about why Jason having a faster run WOULDNT ruin the game, by using a more successful game with faster killers. Ding dong the witch is dead

@AndrePlease remember not to multiple post in a row as per forum rules. If you have another thought you can always go back and edit your original post to include it, and remember you can multi-quote as well by clicking on the plus sign to the left of the Quote option.

12 hours ago, Brigadius said:

You ask for a little speed boost but don't realise that Gun doesn't do half measures. So you'll end up with this. 

That was terrifying.

I wouldn't want this as the norm for Jason, but it reminded me of the ability to adjust run speed in custom games in Halo 3. The Infection gamemode with its various forms consumed me! I wish we had that kind of customization in private matches. Certainly not as elaborate as Halo 3 had, but a condensed version respective to the gamemode(s), base player settings, and Jason's settings would be nice. It would certainly mix things up a little.

Jasons speed is totally fine. If you really think you can outrun a good Jason Player forever than you clearly never met one. Stamina doesn't last forever (and that comes from somebody who has an epic marathon + restfull perk). As soon as Jason hits Rage he can get everybody with ease. Until then just leave the stamina trolls (aka vanessa, aka bugzy, aka tiff) until later.

PS: Stalk + Shiftslash is the Key to success

16 hours ago, Brigadius said:

You ask for a little speed boost but don't realise that Gun doesn't do half measures. So you'll end up with this.

Counselor: You better not use shift grab on me!

Jason: I don't need shift. ?

Gun media and Illfonic: This is our best patch yet. We just got an award for it! ?

Community: I'm not playing until you fix this and a new patch is released. See you all in 2 to 3 months. ? 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2017 at 11:02 PM, Brigadius said:

@lHeartBreakerl 

Im not too sure what you mean by half measures can you explain? But that is actually really cool, and THAT Jason was threatening and scary! I loved that video u just posted

15 hours ago, BomberBuddy said:

That was terrifying.

I wouldn't want this as the norm for Jason, but it reminded me of the ability to adjust run speed in custom games in Halo 3. The Infection gamemode with its various forms consumed me! I wish we had that kind of customization in private matches. Certainly not as elaborate as Halo 3 had, but a condensed version respective to the gamemode(s), base player settings, and Jason's settings would be nice. It would certainly mix things up a little.

Yes it was terrifying Ive never seen that before, now THAT is a running Jason and THAT Jason is a threat, I dont think he should have shift tho 

11 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Counselor: You better not use shift grab on me!

Jason: I don't need shift. ?

Gun media and Illfonic: This is our best patch yet. We just got an award for it! ?

Community: I'm not playing until you fix this and a new patch is released. See you all in 2 to 3 months. ? 

I certainly would be playing, that Jason was scary af, to balance it out make so that any counselor can kill a running Jason and also take away his shift boom

On 11/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, CPLhicks31 said:

I disagree, if running after someone and using shift to pressure counsellors, the running Jasons can deplete a counsellors stamina pretty quickly. I mean, it's a nice idea. I'm not one hundred percent against it, but even walking jasons can walk nearly as fast as the slower counsellors can jog. It's tricky because he feels so slow when pursuing a fast counsellor, but he feels fast if you are using a slow counsellor and he is after you.

I don’t know what game you are playing ,but all  counselors, leave any Jason in the dust, it’s not even close.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:02 PM, Brigadius said:

@lHeartBreakerl 

This is the way the game should be IMO, but there are to many babies who don’t understand that Jason is supposed to slaughter people without much effort.

Yeah, Imma have to disagree with this one. He doesn't need a speed boost, his jog is actually consistent with how it was in the film's.

His grab is the main issue, ever since they gimped that, people have been coming up with other unnecessary buffs because he's so damn underpowered. 

If they fix the grab to an extent, then this becomes a non-issue as Shift is all the speed boost you need.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, AldermachXI said:

Way to shoot your credibility to zero...

Jason doesn't need increased running speed, he just needs a proper grab range again. None of this running speed nonsense matters if Jason can reliably Shift Grab again, instead of whiffing on grabs for no fucking reason.

This X 1000 machetes!!!

On 11/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, AldermachXI said:

Way to shoot your credibility to zero...

Jason doesn't need increased running speed, he just needs a proper grab range again. None of this running speed nonsense matters if Jason can reliably Shift Grab again, instead of whiffing on grabs for no fucking reason.

What I would do to the grab is widen it in kind of a 230 to 270 degree circular radius around Jason with the same maximum length that it is right now, and maybe have it activate sooner.

Originally it was kind of a very long cone, then when it was nerfed it was kind of a shorter rectangle directly in front of Jason. The grab radius would not become "active" until after Jason thrusts his hand forward. I think my above described changes would mitigate the "whiffing" without making for unrealistically long grabs. Basically anything within arm's reach of Jason, plus about 2 extra feet, would get grabbed unless they were behind him.

And of course the hitbox for Jason's weapons needs to be bigger.

Jason should get this ability while he's in rage. This will help balance the current state since counselors beating Jason so much right now. But if this will be added , you will be punished for every single hit to Jason. He will run fast and will get his revenge.

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

This is the way the game should be IMO, but there are to many babies who don’t understand that Jason is supposed to slaughter people without much effort.

It should require an inordinate amount of teamwork and communication to escape, not Lachappa soloing a boat repair and riding off into the sunset sunrise, or Tiffany/Vanessa/Chad kiting him for the last 8 minutes of a match to burn the clock off.

The game clearly knows when Jason is in direct pursuit, because it changes to the chase music on his side, and it stops when he loses sight of them.  My suggestion: if he is in pursuit (i.e. chase music playing) for longer than a certain amount of time without any abilities being used (a fair trade, I'd think), he gains a slight speed burst that lasts until either the pursuit ends, an ability is used, or a counselor is hit/grabbed.