Jump to content
Andre

Increasing Jason's running speed

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one that thinks that giving Jason a faster run will add much more excitement and tension to the game?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree, if running after someone and using shift to pressure counsellors, the running Jasons can deplete a counsellors stamina pretty quickly. I mean, it's a nice idea. I'm not one hundred percent against it, but even walking jasons can walk nearly as fast as the slower counsellors can jog. It's tricky because he feels so slow when pursuing a fast counsellor, but he feels fast if you are using a slow counsellor and he is after you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I disagree, if running after someone and using shift to pressure counsellors, the running Jasons can deplete a counsellors stamina pretty quickly. I mean, it's a nice idea. I'm not one hundred percent against it, but even walking jasons can walk nearly as fast as the slower counsellors can jog. It's tricky because he feels so slow when pursuing a fast counsellor, but he feels fast if you are using a slow counsellor and he is after you.

Actually, I could still manage my stamina. Just good luck not getting stunned by my surprise swing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Actually, I could still manage my stamina. Just good luck not getting stunned by my surprise swing :)

how would you manage your stamina of course perks but your gonna run out of cabins and you eventually miss the swing even the best of us got bent over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guyfly2309 said:

how would you manage your stamina of course perks but your gonna run out of cabins and you eventually miss the swing even the best of us got bent over

The only time I miss is if the hit detection fails. But trust me, you can just swerve to the right and avoid his grabs.

Give him a stamina bar, nerf speed at 50%, and if he runs out he must slow walk and it takes 5 seconds for it to start regenning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it sound better with stamina bar but he would sound less scary if hes running full speed and all of a sudden hes slow walking like hold on i need a break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WATCH OUT RANDOM OPINION COMMING IN!!

 

Jasons should lose the Sight ability an be able to run much faster. Counselors should give off more sound indicators for everything they are not crouching/have high stealth stats while doing. This way people can actually hide but when you are spotted you feel real fear because now jason has your ass. Now it becomes a hide and seek/cat an mouse instead of see how many times i can jump though windows an how many med sprays i have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

The only time I miss is if the hit detection fails. But trust me, you can just swerve to the right and avoid his grabs.

Give him a stamina bar, nerf speed at 50%, and if he runs out he must slow walk and it takes 5 seconds for it to start regenning

What if a good Jason anticipates you swerving to the right and you actually swerve right into his grab?

Eventually, if he is a good Jason, he will get you and you will run out of stamina. He just need to put you in positions to run out. Of course you can avoid him... no one is saying Jason can't be avoided, just saying that a good Jason can still pressure counsellors to making mistakes or running out of stam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Andre said:

Am I the only one that thinks that giving Jason a faster run will add much more excitement and tension to the game?

Make him a little bit faster like in part 3 and 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be cool if they could increase his speed indoors to make it harder to just run around objects that he cannot break.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

definitely a balance thing. it's tough because as @CPLhicks31said, he only seems slow against fast counselors. speeding him up would be devastating to the fatties and nerds.

two thoughts: instead of making him faster, he should just be able to run a bit longer before he's forced to walk again. the other option, which is probably the fairest,  is to either make the fastest counselors just a tad slower or make the slowest counselors a bit faster to make up for jason's boost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

What if a good Jason anticipates you swerving to the right and you actually swerve right into his grab?

Eventually, if he is a good Jason, he will get you and you will run out of stamina. He just need to put you in positions to run out. Of course you can avoid him... no one is saying Jason can't be avoided, just saying that a good Jason can still pressure counsellors to making mistakes or running out of stam. 

Kind of cancels it out,  I know how to counselor. Nobody swings a bat like me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Nobody swings a bat like me ?

Your brag was wide open for misinterpretation.

source.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Your brag was wide open for misinterpretation.

source.gif

 @Nthnbutagoodtime  you posting home videos again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

 @Nthnbutagoodtime  you posting home videos again? 

How dare you subvert my subversion?!

:P

 

Edit: Also, the kid in the video would be too small to be me in '95.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, matisangry said:

definitely a balance thing. it's tough because as @CPLhicks31said, he only seems slow against fast counselors. speeding him up would be devastating to the fatties and nerds.

two thoughts: instead of making him faster, he should just be able to run a bit longer before he's forced to walk again. the other option, which is probably the fairest,  is to either make the fastest counselors just a tad slower or make the slowest counselors a bit faster to make up for jason's boost. 

All counselors run the exact same speed lol or nearly the exact same, Jason doesnt even run a quarter of Lachappa's (the slowest counselor) sprint speed.

He is left in the dust by any counselor that decides to sprint, he can barely catch them when they are out of stamina

So I said all that to say, speeding up Jasons run just a little would hardlt ruin the game, chasing someone at his current speed makes me rethink my life choices 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andre said:

All counselors run the exact same speed lol or nearly the exact same, Jason doesnt even run a quarter of Lachappa's (the slowest counselor) sprint speed.

He is left in the dust by any counselor that decides to sprint, he can barely catch them when they are out of stamina

So I said all that to say, speeding up Jasons run just a little would hardlt ruin the game, chasing someone at his current speed makes me rethink my life choices 

Way to shoot your credibility to zero...

Jason doesn't need increased running speed, he just needs a proper grab range again. None of this running speed nonsense matters if Jason can reliably Shift Grab again, instead of whiffing on grabs for no fucking reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 8:00 AM, B0bZomb1e said:

WATCH OUT RANDOM OPINION COMMING IN!!

 

Jasons should lose the Sight ability an be able to run much faster. Counselors should give off more sound indicators for everything they are not crouching/have high stealth stats while doing. This way people can actually hide but when you are spotted you feel real fear because now jason has your ass. Now it becomes a hide and seek/cat an mouse instead of see how many times i can jump though windows an how many med sprays i have.

I've said this before at least with some Jasons, take away their sense ability and give them a Sprint. This will add variety to the Jasons because as it stands now ALL the Jasons play exactly the same, they all have a weakness in trying to CATCH counselors, how about versions of Jason who have no problem catching counselors but have trouble FINDING them. So you can choose, slow Jason(current play style) or fast Jason (with a much harder tine locating counselors).

On 11/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, jenndar111 said:

So you want part 6 Jason to have part 2's speed, and part 2 have super speed? No.

I nevee said anything about exact speeds for each Jason, where in my original post did you conclude that I would want 6 to run as slow as 2 and 2 to havd super speed? And thats quite a leap from Part 2's speed to super speed wth. The running Jasons should be able to sprint even if its for a short period of time.

On 11/22/2017 at 0:32 AM, AldermachXI said:

Way to shoot your credibility to zero...

Jason doesn't need increased running speed, he just needs a proper grab range again. None of this running speed nonsense matters if Jason can reliably Shift Grab again, instead of whiffing on grabs for no fucking reason.

How about the fact you purposely erased the portion of my paragraph where I said "...or nearly the exact same (speed)" lol I wont even waste time debating with you because you pulled a slick underhanded move like that.

But just a little note, try having a 5 second race between Bugzy and Lachappa 1 day I bet their is a very small gap in their speed while they both have stamina. 

So this argument about Jason being able to catch slower counselors if hes faster doesnt hold weight in my book and besides the killers in Dead by Daylight are much faster than Jason, the maps are much smaller, its 4 to 1 AND the survivors cant fight back AND...the game is doing great to say the least...now what where you saying about "balance"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andre said:

How about the fact you purposely erased the portion of my paragraph where I said "...or nearly the exact same (speed)" lol I wont even waste time debating with you because you pulled a slick underhanded move like that.

But just a little note, try having a 5 second race between Bugzy and Lachappa 1 day I bet their is a very small gap in their speed while they both have stamina. 

So this argument about Jason being able to catch slower counselors if hes faster doesnt hold weight in my book and besides the killers in Dead by Daylight are much faster than Jason, the maps are much smaller, its 4 to 1 AND the survivors cant fight back AND...the game is doing great to say the least...now what where you saying about "balance"?

Erased it? I BOLDED it! I quoted your entire comment and put emphasis on that part of it because you made a statement and back peddled all at the same time. It was almost impressive...Dafuq are you on? Can I have some?

Base speed might be close. But once you combine it with stamina, it's a whole other thing. At the end of the day, Jason doesn't need to be sped up. His speeds (fast walk and running for 2,3,4) are just fine the way they are. All they need to do is fix Jason's neutered grab. I've seen countless good Jason players whiff at counselors directly in front of them to the point that it's ridiculous. They get within grabbing range just fine with the current speeds. It's by design that Jason is intended to Shift grab fast counselors. You have to make it count since Shift has a cooldown. If you miss at the wrong time, that could be a counselor escaping. And with the current state of Jason's grab, it's happening at times when it really shouldn't.

Not sure why you think the speed of the killer in Dead by Daylight is relevant here, because it isn't. They're completely different games. The simple fact is that there's absolutely no reason why Jason has to be faster than he is, when he already has Shift...If you knew how to use it how it's intended, combined with things like Stalk, you'd likely understand why. There's no reason to make Jason faster when he has all the abilities needed to bridge the gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 2:26 PM, Theiceman105 said:

Kind of cancels it out,  I know how to counselor. Nobody swings a bat like me ?

All i'm saying is that a good Jason can still force counsellors to deplete their stamina. If you are as good as you say (and i dont doubt you), it might take longer, but it can still happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

All i'm saying is that a good Jason can still force counsellors to deplete their stamina. If you are as good as you say (and i dont doubt you), it might take longer, but it can still happen. 

Im only good when a glitch doesn't get me killed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...