1 minute ago, PaintedSadMask said:

I actually check the game's official Discord every now and then. Although, I live in Asia and most of the devs there seem to be idle or offline during the times of day I can post there.

I might try the Twitter method someday. Although, I really have to make sure that I don't look or sound annoying if I do.

I wouldn't worry too much. They only seem to get annoyed by criticism. You could probably suggest rainbow coloured tracksuits for counselors with glitter stardust vape trails left when running - and it would most probably be greeted warmly. 

• Like 1

I still like to play with it after a day of work. Overall, despite everything I enjoy my time with the game. But it is undeniable that there are big issues that affect it. 
Bug and glitches are multipling instead of reducing. 2 months ago the game was better balanced and with less glitch (when you killed a counselor he did not stay still by his feet, he went in the freaking ground, lol).
Connecting issues in consoles are still the same after half a year and dedicated server will be there in the "near" future since forever.
I agree that "they/we are a small studio" can't be an alibi forever. I hope they will make real and serious improvements in the next patch. Personally there is no problem for me to wait maybe longer than usual or than expected but we need a real patch that fix problems and that will not create more. 
And bug/glitches apart, Jason should be buffed again. It has been said several times and I don't want to be rendundand but just look at the previous gif about grab: it shows very well the fact that the game was better the patches before, and if a game was more playable, balanced and debugged in the previous patches there's something wrong in the path that they have chosen. I hope they will change that. 

Anyway since, as I said, I'm still enjoying this game (and I wasn't even a big fan of the franchise), I still think that there is something good and brilliant in it. So I'm grateful that I have the possibility to relax and have such fun after a day of work but after so much time I think it should work better than he does. I want back the same feeling of fear and scare when I'm near Jason and the same feeling of power when I'm personifying him. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I think @Splatterhouse sums it up pretty well. Everyone's holding out hope some portion of the game will be what they wanted or were hoping for.

There's no other Friday the 13th games coming- this is it. If we let them drive it into the ground then we're doing a disservice to ourselves and the Friday the 13th fanbase. It's been 20+ since the last Friday the 13th game. Gun and Illphonic have to be held accountable and that's our job (particularly as backers, who invested in them).

I get where you're coming from as a hardcore F13 fan myself, but reality is no matter how good it gets now, I think the game's had as much popularity as it ever will. Release period is crucial for games, and release for F13 was about as bad as can possibly be. I was holding out hope for everything to be smoothed out by physical release, which was the game's second chance, but it's far from.

There's still gameplay stability issues, basic functionality issues (game crashing / blue screen) and bad connectivity. Lack of matchmaking means lopsided matches between experienced vs new players, and lack of enough players for matchmaking means it's always going to be like that. No new player is going to enjoy jumping in a match, getting immediately killed and waiting 15-20 mins or quitting to join the next lobby which ends the same way. It's just a bad recipe for multiplayer. 

I think the main reason people have put up with all the problems is simply because it's F13. The game can be really fun under ideal connections, with a lobby of friends and good connectivity, but otherwise there's so many holes in the design that it doesn't make for a consistently good experience. So my advice is to just enjoy the game while you can and accept it for what it is. Provide feedback, but don't expect miracles. Once my current group stops playing I probably will too, I've been through enough groups since release.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Just had a series of disappointing matches again tonight, and despite playing almost daily since release, my entire playgroup tonight (all 5 of us) decided together that we'd had enough, and are done unless the game gets a drastic rebalance, and recaptures its original spirit.

Same here, honestly, I have a group of 5-7 that I play with regularly. 2 of them quit pretty much altogether and the rest of us are playing DbD now until this game gets fixed.  

7 hours ago, Frighteningicon said:

We don't need the old grab back, but this grab also need to be fixed

giphy.gif

We do need the old grip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

There's still double trapping now, in a sense, even though you can't stack them, and it's potentially deadly if Jason knows how to set it up. I've done it a bunch of times now...

Set the traps up one in front of the other, like a line from the objective. If the counselor eats the trap closer to the objective, they'll pull themselves out into the second trap and die. Even if they disarm the trap closest to the objective, there's a chance they clip the second one during or after the repair.

I've gotten way more trap kills post patch than I did before. So I really don't see why stacking needs to come back...If you're using a pocket knife on a trap only to find another one directly below it, you're defeating the entire purpose of that mechanic, and therefore breaking it.

The current trap setup is balanced and frankly, proper.

Negative.

• Like 1

I think I’m about done with the game for now also. This weekend I’ll try to set up a private match to grind some of the achievements out then give it a break. The reason I had my worst match on Sunday as Jason 3/8 it was Jarvis map and all that happened was 4 people half assed trying to repair objectives and the others  just avoided them. All I had time for was bouncing around to the objectives. Nobody escaped time just ran out. I know I know I just need to 

029FB04D-0977-4BB7-9D95-817CD198B3B1.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cannon007 said:

I think I’m about done with the game for now also. This weekend I’ll try to set up a private match to grind some of the achievements out then give it a break. The reason I had my worst match on Sunday as Jason 3/8 it was Jarvis map and all that happened was 4 people half assed trying to repair objectives and the others  just avoided them. All I had time for was bouncing around to the objectives. Nobody escaped time just ran out. I know I know I just need to 

029FB04D-0977-4BB7-9D95-817CD198B3B1.jpeg

People need to grow a thicker skin when they get outplayed.

I fully understand where your coming from with this post, the game isn't as polished as alot of other games, but all that really matters to me in a game is that the good outweighs the bad, and in the case of F13, it does, I have tons of fun playing in private matches with friends, and even playing quick play I find a hell of alot more fun than DbD, in DbD it's just; Repair generators, and use cheap glitches like running circles around the killer to survive.

But yeah, the game isn't great and needs alot of work for sure, but for what it is, it's pretty fun.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

I get where you're coming from as a hardcore F13 fan myself, but reality is no matter how good it gets now, I think the game's had as much popularity as it ever will. Release period is crucial for games, and release for F13 was about as bad as can possibly be. I was holding out hope for everything to be smoothed out by physical release, which was the game's second chance, but it's far from.

There's still gameplay stability issues, basic functionality issues (game crashing / blue screen) and bad connectivity. Lack of matchmaking means lopsided matches between experienced vs new players, and lack of enough players for matchmaking means it's always going to be like that. No new player is going to enjoy jumping in a match, getting immediately killed and waiting 15-20 mins or quitting to join the next lobby which ends the same way. It's just a bad recipe for multiplayer. 

I think the main reason people have put up with all the problems is simply because it's F13. The game can be really fun under ideal connections, with a lobby of friends and good connectivity, but otherwise there's so many holes in the design that it doesn't make for a consistently good experience. So my advice is to just enjoy the game while you can and accept it for what it is. Provide feedback, but don't expect miracles. Once my current group stops playing I probably will too, I've been through enough groups since release.

Trust that I don't expect any miracles. :)

I agree with what you're saying. I think the launch went worse than anyone anticipated. I think the game will enjoy boosts here and there when they do sales and release content but we're beyond the point where the overall opinion of the game can be changed. There's a half-decent game buried under all of the ineptitude but you have to dig pretty deep to find it.

It's an interesting time because there are more players expressing discontent and taking self-imposed breaks from the game than at any point. The only thing consistant with the game has been that eventually everyone will be disappointed or letdown. I can't count the amount of people who started on this forum singing Gun's praises only to be beaten into disappointment by broken promises, broken patches and non-existant support and communication. The community, and playerbase as a whole, feels like an afterthought. I know that's how most backers feel.

I'm at a loss as for why Gun refuses to communicate with us. To hear what's good and what's bad. We're not helped when a mod or newer member jumps in to paint the roses red either. There seems to be a prevailing attitude that if we pretend it's okay now, it will be okay later. 

• Like 2

My experience last night was a sign I need to step away. No one on my friends list playing so I attempted quick play. Took a long time to fill up and when it did it was obnoxious kids, one person blasting hip hop and one guy screaming at his kid or someone. Game started and Jason quit. Waited in the lobby, game restarted no one was doing anything except for one Deb. As bugsy I delivered the parts and she put them in. We escaped and waited. What do you think happened? Connection timed out. Fuck this game. This last patch just gave a shove to something that was already going downhill.

Its just not worth it anymore. Please fix this fucking game. Dedicated servers are way overdue. I don't want to hear soon, in the near future, just around the corner.... now! And please revert this horrendous patch.

i keep coming back to this forum since I'm not on twitter so this is my source for news. Plus I need something to do at work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

My experience last night was a sign I need to step away. No one on my friends list playing so I attempted quick play. Took a long time to fill up and when it did it was obnoxious kids, one person blasting hip hop and one guy screaming at his kid or someone. Game started and Jason quit. Waited in the lobby, game restarted no one was doing anything except for one Deb. As bugsy I delivered the parts and she put them in. We escaped and waited. What do you think happened? Connection timed out. Fuck this game. This last patch just gave a shove to something that was already going downhill.

it seems like these issues have gotten worse since the last patch. what you described pretty much sums up every QP experience i've had lately - sit in a lobby for five minutes with crickets or children and mumble rap fans, start game, play until the connection times out or the host quits, wave goodbye to the XP you lost, rinse & repeat. this has always been the biggest thorn in the paw of this game, but lately it's been way worse. 

as someone else mentioned (either in this thread or one of the other 500 negative threads) pings have been god-awful in QP lately too. i'm constantly being dumped in to lobbies with pings in the red so even when i CAN play, the lag makes the game unplayable. i had a match the other day where i went up to a window, hit X to climb in and a split second later i was outside on the other side of the cabin - the lag was so bad that i crawled through the window, walked across the cabin and crawled out of the window on the other side without actually witnessing any of it (or intending to do that.)

10 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Plus I need something to do at work.

yup. same here. i do my best to only spend a few minutes a day on facebook and instagram so this place is my go-to when i'm trying to look busy but i'm not. 

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I think the main reason people have put up with all the problems is simply because it's F13. 

i don't even think this is debatable at this point. 

Haven't played in about a week which sucks cause I really enjoyed the game but it got boring as hell playing as counselor which is 90% of the times and then playing as Jason is just frustrating even if you're lucky and clean house.

Since you most of the players will play as counselors most of the times, I think the devs went in the direction so the experience would be less frustrating and easier to win to the counselors which would be the majority of players. That being said I believe it's a fatal mistake as it misses the whole point of the game. The only time all counselors should be able to escape is if Jason is AFK other wise even the less skillful Jason player should get 4/8 or 5/8 and Good Jasons should have no problem cleaning the house. That would pretty much make counselors work together as a team knowing that at least a couple of them will get left behind in the process and make it a challenge to escape. Ganking Jason shouldn't be an option for counselors, weapon strength should be taken out as a main stat and all Jasons should have part 3 and 4 weapon strength. Lots of people complain about not bringing Roy because he's human and he can't have powers yet some counselors can get hit 3 or 4 times from some Jasons and keep fighting. All Jasons should make a counselor limp after 2 shots, windows system need to go back to it's original state and the traps should come back to where you could double and triple trap something. I'm not sure if they need to bring back the vacuum grab but you can definitely feel the difference of the grab nerf. 

Anyway, hopefully the deploy a new patch soon and it worthy of playing. I'm a big supporter of this game and I would love to continue to support it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matisangry said:

it seems like these issues have gotten worse since the last patch. what you described pretty much sums up every QP experience i've had lately - sit in a lobby for five minutes with crickets or children and mumble rap fans, start game, play until the connection times out or the host quits, wave goodbye to the XP you lost, rinse & repeat.

For what it is worth, it doesn’t seem to me that you lose XP earned when the connection gets lost or the host quits (other than the 500 for completing the level plus whatever you could have made).  Losing connection never has an effect on achievements made or Pamela tapes collected. And even after a host quits my level status bar is always a little higher than it was before. Or at least I think it is. If I’m wrong then no doubt someone will correct me on this. 

20 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

For what it is worth, it doesn’t seem to me that you lose XP earned when the connection gets lost or the host quits (other than the 500 for completing the level plus whatever you could have made).  Losing connection never has an effect on achievements made or Pamela tapes collected. And even after a host quits my level status bar is always a little higher than it was before. Or at least I think it is. If I’m wrong then no doubt someone will correct me on this. 

that could be, but you definitely lose the 500. i guess it seems like most matches end so quickly that maybe i just don't have much time to accomplish anything that would earn xp. 

9 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

And people have the audacity to say “you will get used to the new grab over time.”

I don't care who I get really, I'm used to the grab, but it's the Traps that are the issue.

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@AldermachXI You mentioned your trap strategy previously and I've been using it since. Caught/killed a few like that, died a few times by others doing the same. It works.

Well @Woozyer disagrees...So I guess it doesn't work :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, matisangry said:

that could be, but you definitely lose the 500. i guess it seems like most matches end so quickly that maybe i just don't have much time to accomplish anything that would earn xp. 

The 500 you lose is made up for the next time you survive the night because Jason quits early. I’m probably still ahead in undeserved XP because of the many people that quit in the first 5 seconds of a match. 

16 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

You also definitely lose badges.

I’m skeptical of that. Awards are automatic. I don’t know why badges would be any different. 

I think one of the worst thing is that Gun hasen't even made one comment about the game balance after the last patch - broken or not, it is dividing the community.

But for the record, it is broken now.

Be skeptical all you want. It's true. Badges don't save after a disconnect. I've gotten some of the corresponding trophies before I've gotten the badge. All due to connection timed out and connection to host lost.

I'm tired of people announcing in lobbies "Man, I hope I don't have to be Jason. He sucks now." Please fix this game, Gun.

• Like 1

This game gas so many issues, bug, glitches and balance problem but the real problem here is the complete lack of communication from the dev