Sign in to follow this  
sbm76

Ideas of animations when Jason is spawning

Just came here after pre-ordering the game and a couple of the pre-order DLC's.

The game is already looking really good with a lot of attention to details. From what I understand it is possible that Jason will spawn at the bottom of Crystal Lake, at the graveyard or at other places.

It would be a nice touch of detail with a short animation of Jason breaking the chains holding him to at the bottom of Crystal Lake at the start of a match (something similar to the part 7). Likewise, when Jason is spawning at the graveyard it would be cool if a strike of lightning was used to bring him back to life so to speak (like part 6). Not exactly like in the movies as the setting is different.

Just came here after pre-ordering the game and a couple of the pre-order DLC's.

The game is already looking really good with a lot of attention to details. From what I understand it is possible that Jason will spawn at the bottom of Crystal Lake, at the graveyard or at other places.

It would be a nice touch of detail with a short animation of Jason breaking the chains holding him to at the bottom of Crystal Lake at the start of a match (something similar to the part 7). Likewise, when Jason is spawning at the graveyard it would be cool if a strike of lightning was used to bring him back to life so to speak (like part 6). Not exactly like in the movies as the setting is different.

Thank you for the support, and the post. That very well could happen, based on Jason skin chosen etc. As the game is in very early pre Alpha, very little is known about the animations and secrets the team has in store for us, but I can promise you that they are on the ball with all aspects concerned, and I believe they will deliver what the fans of the franchise have come to love and expect, as they are true fans themselves, working on "A Dream Project", they have worked over in their minds many years before this project was greenlit. Great post, and idea, keep 'em coming! The devs absolutely do listen, and respond. Great Team, and great guys. :)

I think when he teleports instead of smoke it should be behind the closest object with a spooky ambient sound effect triggering a potential jump scare! I know they are against jump scares but ...

I think when he teleports instead of smoke it should be behind the closest object with a spooky ambient sound effect triggering a potential jump scare! I know they are against jump scares but ...

I think the original poster is speaking in terms of spawn in cut scenes prior to match start.

I love all the ideas so far, the lightning and under water idea.  One I would like to add if licenses can be had is another recall to part 6 in the graveyard.  Have Jason at his tombstone but start the match after the pan into Jason's eye and use the James Bond/Jason scene.  I think that would be a cool entrance for a map.  Another could be Jason in his shack, and hearing camp shenanigans like the sounds that revived him in Jason X.  Showing Jason sitting up and getting ready.  There could be infinite possibilities!!!

Jason_Rules

I am thinking of subtle touches of detail using the in-game engine and not full blown cut scenes. Cut-scenes would be very cool, but I assume it would get old very quick having to watch them over and over again.

If the dev team does not have the time to implement brief animations, it would be a nice touch to just be able to see the stone and broken chain at the bottom of the lake, or in the case of starting at the graveyard it would be a nice touch to be able to see the grave the Jason just got up from (with some smoke and sparks on the ground hinting that Jason got hit by lightning some moments ago, and is now awakened and ready to begin the hunt).