Mr. Blonde

Easy Way to Get Rid of the Dance & Scooby-Doo Dilemma

Should we make F13 more scary for the counselors?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make F13 more scary for the counselors?

• Yes.
    • No. Give Jason dance emotes next update!

4 hours ago, humerabi said:

I use part 9 Jason. He cant run and he only has 3 traps. Yet I still manage to get 8 kills per round since they nerfed Jasons reach. Is it harder? Yes. Is it more satisfying when you kill everybody? Yes. Now granted I have 580 hrs. of play time and over 2000 kills as Jason. So if your new to the game, it might be a little frustrating. But the more you play the better you will get. Nothing worse than a level 5 player talking about how bad the game is.

*Applauds reason*

36 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I don't agree, but I play private matches against good players that communicate.

I could go 8/8, but usually probably averaged 5-6 kills when I was running hot as Jason. Now i average about 3-4. That may be generous even.

to that, i do agree. If you are playing in a private match with good players that communicate, it is gonna be real difficult to get 8 out of 8. My experience is in quick play matches only.

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Stop crying! Don't you know that nobody wants this game to be like Friday the 13th.

Geez, get with it already. 

Yeah, we must have this game look as if it were set in Texas. Fuck it... let's just introduce Uber Jason and a space map into the mix too. The space map will probably even have an ugly desert tint over it. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Yeah, we must have this game look as if it were set in Texas and introduce Freddy Kruger into the game. Fuck it... let's just introduce Uber Jason and a space map into the mix too. :lol:

Here's a leak of the next map and mode BTW.

large.jpg

You dance enthusiasts will love it. 

P.S. I, personally, really want Jason in space. JASON X! JASON X! JASON X!

5 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Edit: I would throw money at the screen if I found out Gun Media/IllFonic introduced a "confused head tilt" emote for Jason. This needs to be in the game ASAP.

This is what I agree with. There have been so many games where weird stuff happens and I wanna pull a "Jason takes Manhattan" and just look at them like "did this shit really happen?" or "really?"

Jason himself has done it several times and often when something totally stupid happened, so yeah, gimmie a Head Tilt Emote for Jason.

4 hours ago, humerabi said:

You are either going to enjoy working harder to get the kills or your not. Before the nerf it was way too easy to kill all the counselors. Would you agree? I'm all for working hard to kill everybody. But that is just my opinion.

Post the previous patch, I've only had 2 matches where I didn't go 7/7 8/8. 

Respond to traps when they are set off, prioritize objectives to guard, keep a supply of knives on hand, don't stay in one place too long.

Phone trap go off? kill the person who did it and/or chase them off. Afraid of them coming back? Don't go too far from the phone. Stalk is your friend. Someone fixing a car? Determine if it's more important than the phone. 

In one match, the phone was fixed and called and one of the cars was repaired. The end result was me stopping the car and, because the cops were called, they scattered to wait for the cops. I systematically went after each one, catching them alone and killing them, scoring a 7/7.

See, this last update wasn't perfect, but it DID make playing as Jason require this thing called Strategy. I know that word is a bit of a taboo, but yeah. Also, block is your friend. The "party on Jason" ends very quickly when you successfully block their strikes and they break their weapons on you and they are weaponless.

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Here's a leak of the next map and mode BTW.

You dance enthusiasts will love it. 

The dance enthusiasts would rage quit if someone else got picked as Jason, or if you stole their sand castle bucket.

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

The dance emotes are ridiculous. Because a support character did a silly dance (played for laughs) for a few seconds in a house party scene from Act 2 - this somehow deserves widespread implementation into a survival horror multiplayer component which supposedly derives much of it's atmosphere from Act 3 of a Friday the 13th film(s)??? 

It's a spammed immersion killer, it's hideously out of place, it's childish - and I agree with the OP's recommendation that it should be modified. 

Agree with all of this, I always said that dancing emotes would be a stupid addition to the game and they ended up being exactly that. Emotes themselves are not even used for communication purposes 99% of the time and a largely wasted feature. For instance, I think an emote to show what inventory items you have would've been a much better addition, whether it's keys, fuse, pocket knife etc. Or other more specific, useful actions that players would be more inclined to use in a lobby without mics.

Dancing doesn't bother me personally, it's just a troll tactic same as t-bagging, you get used to it after a while. I can't say I've been immersed playing as counselor for a long time either, just because I feel like I know what I'm doing and not afraid of Jason confrontations. But that's not to say I wouldn't like better atmosphere, something that's more F13 and less GTA. With all the ridiculous outfits and dancing now, it's straying quite far from what I think most F13 fans would expect in a game based on the movies.

• Like 3

Just now, Daneasaur said:

This is what I agree with. There have been so many games where weird stuff happens and I wanna pull a "Jason takes Manhattan" and just look at them like "did this shit really happen?" or "really?"

Jason himself has done it several times and often when something totally stupid happened, so yeah, gimmie a Head Tilt Emote for Jason.

Post the previous patch, I've only had 2 matches where I didn't go 7/7 8/8. 

Respond to traps when they are set off, prioritize objectives to guard, keep a supply of knives on hand, don't stay in one place too long.

Phone trap go off? kill the person who did it and/or chase them off. Afraid of them coming back? Don't go too far from the phone. Stalk is your friend. Someone fixing a car? Determine if it's more important than the phone. 

In one match, the phone was fixed and called and one of the cars was repaired. The end result was me stopping the car and, because the cops were called, they scattered to wait for the cops. I systematically went after each one, catching them alone and killing them, scoring a 7/7.

See, this last update wasn't perfect, but it DID make playing as Jason require this thing called Strategy. I know that word is a bit of a taboo, but yeah. Also, block is your friend. The "party on Jason" ends very quickly when you successfully block their strikes and they break their weapons on you and they are weaponless.

Agreed. You want to end the tea bagging and dance party, use a little combat stance. You will hear grown men cry like never before. The best part is when they finally realize that they cant deal any damage to you, and you grab them and they insta quit. Love it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Agree with all of this, I always said that dancing emotes would be a stupid addition to the game and they ended up being exactly that. Emotes themselves are not even used for communication purposes 99% of the time and a largely wasted feature. For instance, think an emote to show what inventory items you have would've been a much better addition, whether it's keys, fuse, pocket knife etc. Or other more specific, useful things that players would be more inclined to use in a lobby without mics.

Dancing doesn't bother me personally, it's just a troll tactic same as t-bagging, you get used to it after a while. I can't say I've been immersed playing as counselor for a long time either, just because I feel like I know what I'm doing and not afraid of Jason confrontations. But that's not to say I wouldn't like better atmosphere, something that's more F13 and less GTA. With all the ridiculous outfits and dancing now, it's straying quite far from what I think most F13 fans would expect in this game.

Not to mention they're hard to activate (on console). Having to release the Triangle button first is a pain. Would be much easier if you could just release the analog stick to activate them on the wheel like in gta.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, humerabi said:

Agreed. You want to end the tea bagging and dance party, use a little combat stance. You will hear grown men cry like never before. The best part is when they finally realize that they cant deal any damage to you, and you grab them and they insta quit. Love it.

Combat stance has been nerf. You cannot counter attack a successful block attempt. Jason does this long shrug animation with his arm so by the time he recovers the counselor is out of range.

7 minutes ago, humerabi said:

Yeah, a match I did had two guys really going for it, one dude being a swimsuit chad with a baseball bat and a foul mouth. But one wrong swing against a blocking Jason and suddenly he had no weapon and had burned through his knives earlier (that he stupidly bragged about earlier in the match). Commence picking him up and then suddenly his body launches out of my hand in the ragdoll animation.

I don't remember a big outcry for emotes.

Like at all.

Though im glad they didn't go the voice route and give the players lines the counselors could spam over and over.

Add stamina loss to usage. Since I don't see them being removed.

They say they added them for communication. Perhaps instead of emotes, they should've implemented basic chat for any counselor with a walkie to go along with long distance voice communication? There...PROBLEM SOLVED.

I'm totally down with the dance emotes for Jason. I want to do the Stayin Alive John Travolta point when I morph in to chase the kids I'm not going to catch because Jason is broken as fuck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zarakye said:

Not to mention they're hard to activate (on console). Having to release the Triangle button first is a pain. Would be much easier if you could just release the analog stick to activate them on the wheel like in gta.

Yeah I definitely agree with this, would make much more sense.

I guess the thing that puzzles me most about the dance emotes is why they are a feature at all. They actually have no gameplay purpose whatsoever, and other than trolling, the only situation I could see any use for them is in roleplaying videos. For a small team with limited resources as they have always described themselves as, why mocap and implement almost entirely useless things with limited appeal? 

Grab kills I can understand, as they were the main spectacle of the F13 movies and it's nice to see that tradition carried over to the game. It's part of what makes F13 what it is. But the dance emotes seem to me as nothing but a hub for micro transactions, and I assume their biggest market is probably all the kids that play this game. Unless I'm wrong and the majority of players consider them a valuable feature worth investing in, but I doubt it. All the same, is it something you'd expect to see in a survival horror game?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

why mocap and implement almost entirely useless things with limited appeal? 

You mean limited utility? Because seeing as how it seems nearly everyone has them, the appeal seems extraordinary. They probably made a bit off them.

1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

You mean limited utility? Because seeing as how it seems nearly everyone has them, the appeal seems extraordinary. They probably made a bit off them.

I definitely mean limited utility (or none at all), but I also speculate limited appeal because it's not something I imagine fans of the survival horror genre were asking for, or care for at all. The majority of players that I see spamming dance emotes are kids. I could be wrong, I don't have any data to back up what I'm saying but I think it's a logical guess. To me this type of content is a surprising direction considering the game is marketed towards adult horror fans.

Despite all that I really am trying to keep up with the direction of the game in both gameplay and content, and accept it for what it is. But I would much prefer it stay within its horror roots. I think many would agree they had a very different idea of the game while it was still in development, to what it has become since release.

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I definitely mean limited utility (or none at all), but I also speculate limited appeal because it's not something I imagine fans of the survival horror genre were asking for, or care for at all. The majority of players that I see spamming dance emotes are kids. I could be wrong, I don't have any data to back up what I'm saying but I think it's a logical guess. To me this type of content is a surprising direction considering the game is marketed towards adult horror fans.

Despite all that I really am trying to keep up with the direction of the game in both gameplay and content, and accept it for what it is. But I would much prefer it stay within its horror roots. I think many would agree they had a very different idea of the game while it was still in development, to what it has become.

Lets not get that carried away with saying it was the emotes that started the sinking ship here. It all started with the man in that profile icon of yours. That was the blaring sirens that the game was going to be silly.

3 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Lets not get that carried away with saying it was the emotes that started the sinking ship here. It all started with the man in that profile icon of yours. That was the blaring sirens that the game was going to be silly.

Not at all what I'm saying, it's definitely a number of things, including the retro Jason as you mention (though I can at least understand the appeal of that one). Like I said, I try to accept the game for what it is and I still enjoy it. But that doesn't mean I'm not a bit alienated by the direction of the some of the content and have some strong opinions about it.

11 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

9 - Make it so when Jason is knocked down on the ground, and he rises up from the long stun, all counselors who are near get stumbled back in fear like same animation when they see a dead body and their fear level goes up.

10 - Make stalk turn into a permanent passive when Jason gets Rage so things get way scarier and suspenseful (you can still turn Stalk on to get the sound hearing boost, but your music being muted and footsteps being silent would always be on once you have Rage unless a counselor sees you)

These

9 hours ago, kitcat said:

Shall we talk about morph, sense, shift, stalk and rage or you guys still want to keep crying about an emote pack? Jason's still a fucking beast. I see 8/8 matches every single day, a lot. 

A handful of threads come up almost everyday discussing those. This is another thread focusing on another subject matter, nothing wrong with that. Also, that's not the point. Dancing emotes, bunny, fairy costumes and the nerf like changes they made to Jason that has people concern. Hence part of the title of this thread that reads "Scooby-Doo Dilemma". Are you kind of seeing the picture here?

Seriously, some of the responses here are bizarre. Not everyone, but it's like most people here got so bitter over an opinion the OP had revolving around emotes, that they either completely missed the entire point or purposely don't want to see it for whatever reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Despite all that I really am trying to keep up with the direction of the game in both gameplay and content, and accept it for what it is. But I would much prefer it stay within its horror roots. I think many would agree they had a very different idea of the game while it was still in development, to what it has become since release.

To be frank, Friday the 13th stopped trying to be scary after Part IV. From that point on it was essentially campy with dumb teenagers, underage sex & bewbs, and Jason doing his best to end the madness. But in the end, he was always getting rekd by the Final Girl (with her male companion) who was capable of making Jason's titantic strength magically crap out on him when he close to murdering all of his prey. I say this as someone who's favorite FF13 movie was Part VI btw.

In fact, if the game were to truly remain faithful to the movies, it should be noted that Jason did indeed murder people who were dancing right before he showed up. Violet from Part V as well as the dance party that was originally going on that ship from Part 8 are both examples of this. So when people dance in-game, you get to re-live the experience of Jason hacking someone to pieces (because it's obvious at that point they're carrying a pocket knife).

I'll finish up by saying this: the devs are likely taking notes, and we're probably going to see Jason buffs in the near future. So all this talk about imposing penalties on dancing counselors is probably going to be unncessary, especially once they start fixing things like windows; hit boxes; tweaking the grab range, etc. I'm still looking forward to a time where Jason can pick up a motorized branch trimmer or harpoon gun.

13 hours ago, Truth said:

No I get that. But that's a totally different issue. They didn't limit a single Jason. They didn't remove the kills you paid for. You can use them at any point once you grab someone.

Saying you shouldn't be able to use emotes while at a certain fear is limiting the use of them.

Limiting use of being able to emote while at 100% fear makes sense. as in even horrormovies people don't dance unless something is wrong with them. No one is saying don't use your emotes. but A LITTLE (I know its a game) bit more realistic. They nerfed Jason you sould be able to deal with fear induced limitations. So it flows with the spirit of the game. 

At least make them stumble out of dancing when they are in fear.

5 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I'll finish up by saying this: the devs are likely taking notes, and we're probably going to see Jason buffs in the near future. So all this talk about imposing penalties on dancing counselors is probably going to be unncessary, especially once they start fixing things like windows; hit boxes; tweaking the grab range, etc. I'm still looking forward to a time where Jason can pick up a motorized branch trimmer or harpoon gun.

I'm sure the devs are taking notes as you're saying, and I do think we're going to see some Jason buffs as a result. I just hope they're the right kind of buffs, because as far as I'm concerned, even just fixing his buggy character control would probably make his gameplay a lot better. That should be the very first thing they do, if they are to give him some attention soon. There are a lot of people yelling for buffs to Jason, but I'm not sure they're even needed. Once all inconsistencies and bugs are removed, then we'll have a better picture of what actually needs to be done. I hope that's the path the devs take. Although I certainly would like to see Traps restored to the way they used to work, personally.

I also don't think imposing penalties on dancing is needed, I may think the dancing is stupid but it's not necessary to penalise it. It doesn't irritate me to the extent that it irritates others, it's just something I'd rather not see in the game, just like t-bagging. 

In regards to the rest of what you wrote about the movies, it's not that I necessarily disagree (and actually I'll say that Part 3 is very campy/gimmicky itself), but I don't think F13 grew out of its horror roots the way you've described. Part 4 was the darkest it got, but the later movies still had their moments. Part 6 in particular was really the perfect balance, it mixed a modern horror with the tone of the old Hammer movies. In Part 7 it seems like they tried to get back to the older style too, especially given Jason's design and some iconic kills, and it would've been more brutal had the movie not been butchered by the censors. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I don't remember a big outcry for emotes.

Like at all.

Though im glad they didn't go the voice route and give the players lines the counselors could spam over and over.

Add stamina loss to usage. Since I don't see them being removed.

They say they added them for communication. Perhaps instead of emotes, they should've implemented basic chat for any counselor with a walkie to go along with long distance voice communication? There...PROBLEM SOLVED.

I may have suggested emotes a while back:

Though only for communication, still... regrets? I have a few. :lol: