Sign in to follow this  
Super Ty

Everyone left because they’re not Jason?

Last night I experienced something I’ve never seen before. I got picked to be Jason (I had J8), and literally everyone left the game except for one person, who was afk. Admittedly, I’ve left in the past after frustration of not being picked for a long time as well, but I’ve never seen anything like that before. I’m aware that far more people want to be Jason than counselor, but I’m becoming more and more of the opinion that people should be able to pick between the two, in the way that Dead by Daylight offers, as it doesn’t seem to be an issue for that game. At the very least, those who wish to be counselor only, and never want to be Jason should have that option. There are folks out there that don’t want to be Jason, and this would give them what they want, and give those who want to be Jason an even better chance of getting him. 

i have a feeling that wouldn't work in this game. jason's the star and even in his current condition, people still want to be him.

i think adding a "counselor only" option would be the best alternative. by eliminating all the people like myself that never want to be jason, i bet you'll greatly increase the chances for those that do. 

when that option finally drops, it's the first thing i'll do. 

Sometimes it's due to lag. If most people's ping are in red at any point in the game a lot of them could disconnect. 

Also I'm seeing a increase amount of Jason players quitting too because they don't like to be him.

counselor only should come they said. i still don´t get why they didn´t have this from start on tbh.

for the leavers: pls finally give out timed bans. it´s the only way to stop them. the xp "solution" did not work. people still leave. not only when not jason. i had 2 leaving on me when i came near them, so they can still deny xp. timed bans. finally follow your own code of conduct gun.

@Super Ty most likely you had a premade party. that the whole lobby leaves is very rare imo. if they were a party this might also be the party leader crashing, party goes out with him then.

15 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Last night I experienced something I’ve never seen before. I got picked to be Jason (I had J8), and literally everyone left the game except for one person, who was afk. Admittedly, I’ve left in the past after frustration of not being picked for a long time as well, but I’ve never seen anything like that before. I’m aware that far more people want to be Jason than counselor, but I’m becoming more and more of the opinion that people should be able to pick between the two, in the way that Dead by Daylight offers, as it doesn’t seem to be an issue for that game. At the very least, those who wish to be counselor only, and never want to be Jason should have that option. There are folks out there that don’t want to be Jason, and this would give them what they want, and give those who want to be Jason an even better chance of getting him. 

wow.. I've never seen almost everyone. i've seen two or three.. damn. I agree if that other game can do it, I can't see why Friday can't do it too. I always wondered why it wasn't set up like that?

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

counselor only should come they said. i still don´t get why they didn´t have this from start on tbh.

for the leavers: pls finally give out timed bans. it´s the only way to stop them. the xp "solution" did not work. people still leave. not only when not jason. i had 2 leaving on me when i came near them, so they can still deny xp. timed bans. finally follow your own code of conduct gun.

I've seen people purposely out of spite, kill themselves via a window or a trap so I couldn't get them, just to leave right after... people suck.

You know what would be fun so that we don't have to deal with those types of people?

Single player.

4 minutes ago, auticus said:

You know what would be fun so that we don't have to deal with those types of people?

Single player.

meh. bots are boring. this isn´t crytek we can´t expect any challenge from the bots imo. A good AI is hard to make and looking at the game and how things went we can be happy if they don´t get stuck running into walls all the time.....

5 minutes ago, auticus said:

Single player.

single player will be good for one thing really.. practicing and feeling out the Jason character and see which one works best for your play style. Once you figure it out, you'll grow tired of single player and it will stink. Some folks don't care for single player mode or feeling out Jason, and that's their right.

Single player is still good to get a feel for Jason. Think of playing a sport without practice games first. 

I'm lvl 101 and sometimes I run into days without playing as Jason. It makes me rusty. Single player can fix that.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

totally agree. when i slum it in QP i'd say an average of 2 people drop out nearly every game i play. start the ban at 5 minutes and add 5 minutes every time they leave a game for X number of minutes/hours. 

i get that people like being jason but jumping from lobby to lobby until you're picked seems so friggin' boring. i wonder how much time some of these people waste waiting to start a match. 

Impossible over 1500 games I have never seen anyone leave because they aren't Jason but only because they are Jason and it clearly isn't fun anymore because the majority of the game's playerbase exists on this forum which no one knows about and we are the groupthink and no independent thought is allowed. XD

1 minute ago, Jawbone said:

Impossible over 1500 games I have never seen anyone leave because they aren't Jason but only because they are Jason and it clearly isn't fun anymore because the majority of the game's playerbase exists on this forum which no one knows about and we are the groupthink and no independent thought is allowed. XD

i have a "i am not jason" leaver every 2nd match and yesterday even in all 3 i played. PC here, maybe different on PS and x-box? dunno.

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

i have a "i am not jason" leaver every 2nd match and yesterday even in all 3 i played. PC here, maybe different on PS and x-box? dunno.

It was a joke since according to everyone here Jason is now completely unfun to play so clearly people wouldn't leave if they aren't him.

lol my bad. shouldn´t answer during the loadingscreen of a match. :D

but let´s see, you might be right once autolock and not swinging in cs is fixed for counselors. huge impact on balance imo

44 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

It was a joke since according to everyone here Jason is now completely unfun to play so clearly people wouldn't leave if they aren't him.

I acutally think Jason is fun to play as...

So what if i lose its a game for christ sake... Don't like that you're not Jason don't play it!

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

totally agree. when i slum it in QP i'd say an average of 2 people drop out nearly every game i play. start the ban at 5 minutes and add 5 minutes every time they leave a game for X number of minutes/hours. 

i get that people like being jason but jumping from lobby to lobby until your picked seems so friggin' boring. i wonder how much time some of these people waste waiting to start a match. 

I’ve done it. It’s honestly no different playing counselor simulator for over 3 hours each time you start the game. I hope on to get time as Jason. If I have to play counselor that’s fine. But when I’m counselor everyday for my entire gaming session each and every time than oh well. I’ve given up on feeling bad leaving the lobby. 

Players do it to me all the time whether I’m Jason or not. Usually only five counselor’s in a lobby any given match. 

On PC there has always been at least 1 person that would leave when they realized they weren't Jason. 

I have been in lobbies where more than half left, but you never know why. Could've been a party where the leader had to back out for some reason. 

You never know. You never ever know.  

2 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

I’ve done it. It’s honestly no different playing counselor simulator for over 3 hours each time you start the game. I hope on to get time as Jason. If I have to play counselor that’s fine. But when I’m counselor everyday for my entire gaming session each and every time than oh well. I’ve given up on feeling bad leaving the lobby. 

Players do it to me all the time whether I’m Jason or not. Usually only five counselor’s in a lobby any given match. 

oof. even when i preferred being jason, I'd rather player counselor stimulator than sit in lobby after lobby waiting and watching cut the same few cut scenes over and over again. 

Sounds like the OP ran into a lobby where six of the players were in a group together and the party leader left for some reason, which pulled the rest of his group with them.

Exactly

And until things get fixed, across the board, it's ok to leave a match. Yea, it fucks people's points up or whatever, but a person can do a lot of things within 10 to 20 mins. And if you know it's gonna be a shit show, why waste that precious time. 

7 hours ago, matisangry said:

oof. even when i preferred being jason, I'd rather player counselor stimulator than sit in lobby after lobby waiting and watching cut the same few cut scenes over and over again. 

Understood, I don’t chronically leave every match but when my patience rounds out due to the limited time I have, I have quit lobbies. Some of the time I don’t even need to because host quits about 30 percent of the time. 

15 hours ago, Super Ty said:

I think the opposite I think Dead by daylight needs to go random like friday the 13th or at least have a mode for that. The level of toxisity overthere is crazy and if they lost control of the choice they would have to get good at both and that would lead to people understanding both sides better. Friday is superior on how they handled that.

@mrhyde138 Not beeing able to choose Jason is a good thing yes. But not beeing able to choose counselor only is really just a "smh, why would you even release without that?"

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@mrhyde138 Not beeing able to choose Jason is a good thing yes. But not beeing able to choose counselor only is really just a "smh, why would you even release without that?"

I never said not to have a mode like that. I said this game can benifit from a mode where no one has a choice. I am all for choice. even choice of game play mode. LIke in Dead by daylight I get a lot of hate because I support a mode where it chooses killers and survivors from a que that excludes survive with friends. so we can have a choice. but no I get told that that would ruin the game for survivors and not be fair. 

That is the level of intelegence you deal with over on Dead.