To me, after the latest patch, it feels like it's a bunch of bullies harassing Jason, and maybe he gets a couple of them. I guess one thing it does accomplish is that I get closer I'm mind state to what Jason probably was. I freakin' hate these bratty counsellors now. 

On 10/27/2017 at 10:50 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

Lol calm down tough guy. You will wake your mom up with your quick, angry typing.

pyni6p2.gif

Personally, I think they did Jason dirty by nerfing traps and reach, while giving counselors a stronger hero and item locations displayed on the map. Its a huge counselor buff. Doesn't mean you won't get 8/8. Also doesn't mean playing non teamwork in Quick play is going to guarantee you surviving when you realize halfway through, a lot of people are dead and nothing has been started. Just means we have to adapt because weaker counselor players and lone wolves complained to make surviving easier. Why? More achievements and trophies aimed at forms of escape. Also, as you have pointed out, we play 1/8 games as Jason so we spend more time as a counselor. 

I personally never had an issue with Jason's reach. He towers over the counselors and can reach knives they can barely see. I think his reach was great before. Took more skill to dodge. Counselors should display skill, perseverence, teamwork to survive. It shouldnt happen 4-5/10 times. Counselors got buffed 2 patches ago already. 

However, we will all adapt to the new reach. It isn't game ending. It makes playing as Jason take much more skill. So my opinion, I dislike the update. 

So somehow you never noticed the force grab huh? I call bullshit. I think you just liked it since it made the grab extra easy to get. I had been grabbed from 10 to 15 feet away. Now even at his size Jason would have to be Mr. Fantastic to make those grabs. Even gorillas don't have a 15 foot reach.

28 minutes ago, DEATH said:

So somehow you never noticed the force grab huh? I call bullshit. I think you just liked it since it made the grab extra easy to get. I had been grabbed from 10 to 15 feet away. Now even at his size Jason would have to be Mr. Fantastic to make those grabs. Even gorillas don't have a 15 foot reach.

So what. After playing against the original grab escaping now is too easy.

On 10/27/2017 at 8:51 PM, Theiceman105 said:

So I've been playing multiple games as counselors for testing purposes. And this is what happened. 2 minutes into the game: cops called (3 games in a row)

Or: running around Jason for 5 minutes straight(literally)

The traps nerf needs to be reverted, it's too easy to escape. 

Im proposing these three changes:

1. Keep grab nerf, revert trap change

2. Buff the cone of grab a bit, keep the Trap change

3. Both 1 and 2 (buff both)

I had the opposite happen to me yesterday. 3 games in a row Jason got 8 out of 8.

58 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Haha or maybe you never knew how to dodge it. Of course I noticed it. And I have agreed on several threads that it could have been reduced. I never saw it as game breaking however like most. I also don't like the nerfed range. I dont think counselors should litdrally be in front of you and you swing over their heads or run next against you and you grab forward and completely miss. Whatever.

Both just take getting used to either way. That is the key, adapting and learning how to play with it. I just think its silly now because counselors are literally in front of him and he misses. There are videos to show that.

Side note, it was never a 15 foot grab radius. Sure it was long and over exaggerated, but nothing what people make it out to be. It took more skill before to dodge it. Considering I play as a counselor as much as anyone else, why do I feel the need to make the killer less affective? It makes the game more challenging that way. We are supposed to be nervous when he gets near, not run around and troll him by running right next to him. With the window animation protection it feels silly to me.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 10:51 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's actually not true. It's still actually very wide. Take a look at this clip, starting at 4:30. Change the play speed to 0.25 to really see it.

I made a little graph of what it kind of looks like to me:

wmWb3V2.png

Before they do anything to grabs they need to fix melee hit detection. Then it would be less of a hassle to grab people because it would be easier to cripple them first.

That's luck. I've missed grabs when they I am right on top of a counselor. 

Just now, SnakeSound222 said:

That's luck. I've missed grabs when they I am right on top of a counselor. 

Blame ping. I had good ping in that match. Also, think of "forced perspective." The distance may not be as close as you think. It also appears to skew to the right. Try angling Jason so the counselor is slightly more to the right than the left.

I don't know why counselors prefer an easier game for them to survive. 

For me, I don't want anybody to hold my hand. I should be scared of Jason yet when ever I run circles next to him, he looks so silly, like he's trying to swat flies with his hand.

They could keep the range. But the fact that you need to have accuracy up close is dumb. I've clip through so many counselors with my arm just because they were slightly to the left or right of me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

So what. After playing against the original grab escaping now is too easy.

I don't know about that. It didn't seem to change anything for the people I play with. The good Jasons still kill everyone nearly every time.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Haha or maybe you never knew how to dodge it. Of course I noticed it. And I have agreed on several threads that it could have been reduced. I never saw it as game breaking however like most. I also don't like the nerfed range. I dont think counselors should litdrally be in front of you and you swing over their heads or run next against you and you grab forward and completely miss. Whatever.

Both just take getting used to either way. That is the key, adapting and learning how to play with it. I just think its silly now because counselors are literally in front of him and he misses. There are videos to show that.

Side note, it was never a 15 foot grab radius. Sure it was long and over exaggerated, but nothing what people make it out to be. It took more skill before to dodge it. Considering I play as a counselor as much as anyone else, why do I feel the need to make the killer less affective? It makes the game more challenging that way. We are supposed to be nervous when he gets near, not run around and troll him by running right next to him. With the window animation protection it feels silly to me.

Just because you can dodge it doesn't mean it's not an issue or complete bullshit. I agree it's been over tweaked, but to act as if it was fine is disingenuous at best.

Just now, DEATH said:

I don't know about that. It didn't seem to change anything for the people I play with. The good Jasons still kill everyone nearly every time.

Just because you can dodge it doesn't mean it's not an issue or complete bullshit. I agree it's been over tweaked, but to act as if it was fine is disingenuous at best.

So now it's been over tweaked and that is acceptable? Either way it's wrong and something we have to deal with. Sorry I didn't think is was a huge issue and that seems to bother you. Considering there are bigger issues, that wasn't on my list of priority fixes. Again, my opinion, clearly not yours.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Blame ping....

You can also blame Jason's 'vacuum grab' on ping. Remember Call of Duty? Remember making it around that corner but being killed anyway? Remember the discrepancy between your experience and your opponent's kill cam?

Remember lag switches?

Edit:

7 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I don't know about that. It didn't seem to change anything for the people I play with. The good Jasons still kill everyone nearly every time....

I find this hard to believe, sorry.

Escaping has been easy lately mainly because of all the new players. Check every person in the lobbies level and you'll find that a large majority seem to be a 20 or below.

You can tell the forums are just popping when this is the thread that keeps getting replies. What about the level progression thread? Options for custom private matches? Nope, people just want to go back and forth on too easy or not. 

I bought the game three days ago, I played 3 times as counselor, I escape 2 times without knowledge about the gameplay, the maps and the buttons configuration of the dualshock. I suck playing videogames, soo far away for a pro gamer. I like the game a lot, but looks easy to escape

16 minutes ago, Darthblue said:

I bought the game three days ago, I played 3 times as counselor, I escape 2 times without knowledge about the gameplay, the maps and the buttons configuration of the dualshock. I suck playing videogames, soo far away for a pro gamer. I like the game a lot, but looks easy to escape

It's because it is too easy to escape.

4 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

Escaping has been easy lately mainly because of all the new players. Check every person in the lobbies level and you'll find that a large majority seem to be a 20 or below.

Exactly, people keep playing this on Jason's grab... naw, mostly new Jason's.

1 minute ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Exactly, people keep playing this on Jason's grab... naw, mostly new Jason's.

Yes and no. I was about to write this in response to @Darthblue, mainly because I assume he is in quick play. Quick play seems much easier to escape or survive the night right now, and it's 80% new Jason players, 20% item locations on map.

However, even in the club I play in, some great Jason players are getting real low numbers. Don't get me wrong, having to control 3 objectives against good counselors is a big factor; but no more trap stacks, weak grab, and item location saving a ton of time all play big factors. Basically what I mean, is the old players are readjusting their playstyles with the new reach, no trap stacks(although most of them aren't doing it). It isn't all reach, it isn't all different traps, etc. It's a combination of a few adjustments at once.

7 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

The reverse of this is also true. You still see quite a few 8/8 Jason games because the counselors are noobs, not because Jason's grab nerf was a good move. 

8 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yes and no. I was about to write this in response to @Darthblue, mainly because I assume he is in quick play. Quick play seems much easier to escape or survive the night right now, and it's 80% new Jason players, 20% item locations on map.

However, even in the club I play in, some great Jason players are getting real low numbers. Don't get me wrong, having to control 3 objectives against good counselors is a big factor; but no more trap stacks, weak grab, and item location saving a ton of time all play big factors. Basically what I mean, is the old players are readjusting their playstyles with the new reach, no trap stacks(although most of them aren't doing it). It isn't all reach, it isn't all different traps, etc. It's a combination of a few adjustments at once.

Yes, I play in quick play. At this moment I'm try to meet people to learn how to play correctly, in my region, because in the matches I found, I always play with high ping and it's really difficult

3 hours ago, Darthblue said:

Yes, I play in quick play. At this moment I'm try to meet people to learn how to play correctly, in my region, because in the matches I found, I always play with high ping and it's really difficult

What platform do you play on?

22 hours ago, Caulus said:

The reverse of this is also true. You still see quite a few 8/8 Jason games because the counselors are noobs, not because Jason's grab nerf was a good move. 

Agree 100% I have seen lobbies full of great Jason players struggling with the new grab nerf. ( but still kill half or most of the lobby because of new players.)