Before coming on, I had three matches. One as part VII Jason, with a 6/8 score, bookended by two escapes as Vanessa. The first escape was when the match went the full 20 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, Jason was really hunting me down, and I wasn't even the only counselor left. I guess he decided to concentrate all his efforts on Vanessa for one last kill. The last match, I was in and out in around 5 minutes. As the match began, I ran for the nearest cabin, found the keys, map, pocket knife and spray. A quick look at the nearest car showed two counselors in its immediate proximity. I left the cabin and made a sprint for the car. By the time I got there, it had already been filled up with petrol, and Kenny was fitting the battery. I stood next to the drivers side door, and as Kenny fit the battery, and took off (I assume to find the keys), I got in and started her up. Kenny returned and climbed in, as did Tiffany, who was near by. Our escape was not the least bit hindered by Jason.

6 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Before coming on, I had three matches. One as part VII Jason, with a 6/8 score, bookended by two escapes as Vanessa. The first escape was when the match went the full 20 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, Jason was really hunting me down, and I wasn't even the only counselor left. I guess he decided to concentrate all his efforts on Vanessa for one last kill. The last match, I was in and out in around 5 minutes. As the match began, I ran for the nearest cabin, found the keys, map, pocket knife and spray. A quick look at the nearest car showed two counselors in its immediate proximity. I left the cabin and made a sprint for the car. By the time I got there, it had already been filled up with petrol, and Kenny was fitting the battery. I stood next to the drivers side door, and as Kenny fit the battery, and took off (I assume to find the keys), I got in and started her up. Kenny returned and climbed in, as did Tiffany, who was near by. Our escape was not the least bit hindered by Jason.

I will give you the grab is broken, but that last escape had nothing to do with the update. It is clear without you even stating it that you were on a Small map and you guys did a quick fix and bounced. This was a problem before the update and is just a small map issue.

Edit: New grab is broken, old grab was broken. I've proposed ways to fix it in other threads don't want to repeat it. You can go to my profile and look at my posts if you're curious

I’ve had several 8/8 matches as Jason since the update, and seen others play as Jason do the same. I’ve also seen all CC escape or half escape. Nothing has changed much at all from my end. 

I think the changes were great, and the game can still be played/fun for Jason players and CC players.

I agree that the grab range should've been reduced but I think they reduced it too much. I was down to my last counselor and he knew his goose was cooked so he requested the kitchen pot kill in Packanack. He stood still directly in front of me and it took me two attempts to grab him. So in my mind it's a bit glitched. I understand having a hard time grabbing while a counselor is walking/jogging but standing still it takes two attempts? Uh uh.

seeing that I've always enjoyed the thrill of the chase over the catch I'm a counselor main. however, after playing multiple rounds as Jason over the past few days I definitely think they did him wrong. the grab definitely needs a buff. I still don't see the issue with traps, but that grab range is atrocious. I still think they should restrict the parts on the map to the minimap so it's your immediate surroundings, as it is now it's way too easy for experienced players.

lets give Jason his range back and make things fun again damnit. Counselors for Jason.

• Like 1

Grab range needs to simply be buffed by a cone on his sides.

As it is currently, he has to be directly on top of them and have them DIRECTLY in front of him to grab them. If they're on any angle at all, it whiffs.

It's very unrealstic especially considering his grab animation swipes from the sides, not straight forward. So having no side hitbox on the grab is weird and makes him whiff all too often and lets Counselors run circles around him unafraid.

The stretch armstrong grab range beong gone is fine. No one enjoyed it. But he does need a little bit of a hitbox cone to his sides.

Traps need to be able to overlap tp some extent. Exploit stacking traps where 3 traps are perfectly placed in one spot and kills you if you step in one of them, that was bullshit.

But being able to multi-trap an objective is not. With 7 counselors and 1 Jason, Counselors can be at all 3 objectives at once. Jason can only be at one at a time. So he NEEDS a way to be able to control objectives.

Because as it is currently, a good group of counselors will consistently get objectives going through brute force and there's no deterrent preventing a group from going for phone while he's trying to stop others at the car.

The only people who complained about multi-traps were bad Counselors. Everyone else dealt with them just fine. Good Counselors got through triple trapped phone boxes without issue. 

But the main thing was, the traps bought Jason time because Counselors needed to get PK's and Med Sprays to eat all of them, and knew it would bring Jason to them so they had to be strategic about when they set them off. They couldn't just eat the trap 2 min into the game after Jason's second morph and have cops called and cars going before Jason even had Stalk like you can now.

It balanced things so Counselors could still definitely get shit done but gave Jason a level of control so he had a CHANCE to prevent multiple objectives going all at once and early. 

He has nothing to prevent that now. So Counselors can steam roll him.

Can a good jason still clean house? Of course.

But Jason has to work ten times harder than the Counselors now to do it. And in a 1v7 game, why are the 7 the OP ones with the 1 being handicapped? It should be the other way around.

-Add a side cone hitbox to Jason's grab within the range of his current front cone. 

-Revert multi-trapping back in but remove exploit perfect trap stacking.

Those 2 changes will go a long way to restoring balance for both sides.

• Like 6

Playing in the club last night I noticed it being easier to escape somehow. Don't get me wrong, all of the guys are great players and display amazing teamwork. However,  only one or two matches got up to 6/8, but almost all were 4/8. It is different when playing with all great players, but prepatch I feel like 6/8 was average and most were getting 8/8 or 7/7. 

Me personally, I have to get new strategies as I used to put 3 traps at the phone house and prioritize watching the other two escapes. I used to be decent at shift grabs but have to practice with the new cone as I caught myself grabbing like the old one quite often. I think locations of key items on the mini maps helped some of us last night, but don't see it being a huge help in quick play. 

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Playing in the club last night I noticed it being easier to escape somehow. Don't get me wrong, all of the guys are great players and display amazing teamwork. However,  only one or two matches got up to 6/8, but almost all were 4/8. It is different when playing with all great players, but prepatch I feel like 6/8 was average and most were getting 8/8 or 7/7. 

Me personally, I have to get new strategies as I used to put 3 traps at the phone house and prioritize watching the other two escapes. I used to be decent at shift grabs but have to practice with the new cone as I caught myself grabbing like the old one quite often. I think locations of key items on the mini maps helped some of us last night, but don't see it being a huge help in quick play. 

Yeah, I think it's a matter of dealing with the new grab. Those close calls from last night would normally end up being kills. That, and we were going after multiple objectives at once. When I was Jason, I had to go from the fuse box, to the car, then the OTHER car was started...Just couldn't be in all those places at once. So it's also a credit to the counselors for splitting Jason's attention. Some rounds just don't seem to go that way - the timing isn't there - and Jason can worry about one objective at a time.

But 100%, the new grab cone definitely led to some escapes that would normally be kills...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, I think it's a matter of dealing with the new grab. Those close calls from last night would normally end up being kills. That, and we were going after multiple objectives at once. When I was Jason, I had to go from the fuse box, to the car, then the OTHER car was started...Just couldn't be in all those places at once. So it's also a credit to the counselors for splitting Jason's attention. Some rounds just don't seem to go that way - the timing isn't there - and Jason can worry about one objective at a time.

But 100%, the new grab cone definitely led to some escapes that would normally be kills...

Agreed there. The way Jason had to focus on all 3 objectives constantly like that last night was crazy. Just goes to show what a great team can do.

Like you said though, there were some instances of swinging weapons and grabbing that should have been hits or kills. Some was just missing and used to old mechanics, but others were evidence of an issue. Without being able to hit or grab a counselor in a window, then having to wait w seconds to smash it really gives opportunity for runners and kiters. I mean, how many matches did we see solid players go 1,2, or 3/8. I am sure in Quick Play there eont be much problem wiping still, but against efffective and skilled counselors, not happening.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Playing with scary good players is a whole new ballgame to begin with. The grab is doable, but certainly could use a tweak. You become more reliant on wearing down the counselor's Stamina, but that costs you time. Against a highly organized group, working multiple objectives obsessively, it is a hard trade off. Do I keep pressing this counselor and secure the kill or break off the assault and patrol the objectives again (knowing they are being swarmed while you are away)?

Items showing in QP is pretty much a non-starter. Items showing in our shark tank is an uphill battle for Jason.

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

The only matches we seem to have where Jason is pushing hard is on the Jarvis map. It is very hard to work as a counselor given how items and vehicles spawn; combined with it's massive size. On the other maps, it is brutal trying to hunt as Jason. On the upside, it is pushing all of us to play at a level far beyond what would have been meta-safe before. It's one thing to be in QP and see a couple of experienced players in a lobby, knowing they aren't coordinating, while all newer players run around like chickens with their head cut off. It's a whole different deal when the whole team of counselors are excellent players AND they are fully coordinating against Jason.

• Like 1

Tonight I'd be happy to escape. Hell, I'd be happy to die. Just played 5 matches and the last 4 ended with Jason rage quitting half way through. 

Grabbing range should be kept but grabbing a counselor at short range should guarantee grab. Not like it is now, i usually fails due to the code shape.

In the past 4 days I've played only 4 games. I decided to try the game as it is this past Sunday evening. Jason was killed in my 1st game. LMAO. 

In total, I escaped thrice, was killed first once, due to Jason morphing on me 1st and not having a map (or my bearings).

The story here, though, is that Jason was killed twice. In FOUR GAMES. Ugh.

39 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Tonight I'd be happy to escape. Hell, I'd be happy to die. Just played 5 matches and the last 4 ended with Jason rage quitting half way through. 

I am not surprised in the least.

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's easy because there are a lot of new players that aren't familiar with Jason.

That is true too. But not the complete picture.

Of course it is more easy with 4 things in the patch that is in the counselors favour and none that favour Jason. To say different is just stupid.

The question is, was it to hard before or to easy now.

Instead of a small cone of 45° , the grab cone imho should be a 180° angle, so basically everything than stand in front or side can be grabbed. This will prevent people to run in circle around Jason. The current range distance is fine, you should be are able to grab only at arm distance

• Like 1

I haven’t even made a single post myself yet but I have been reading this forum since the beginning and been playing since day 1 and also I’m lvl 101. But I have to say that the latest patch really screwed the balance up. I mean most of the time i would still get all councelors when playing Jason but it’s no fun being a councelor anymore. It used to be a thrill surviving a game against a good player and expecially part 4 Jason. Now everybody is trolling Jason which makes no sense. People are supposed to be scared of him.  It’s not ruining the game totally cauz it’s an amazing game and one of the the most fun games out there but it used to be better pre patch for sure. I hope things change again. That grab and traps need to be fixed badly

• Like 2

I have a question.
Have Tommy Jarvis pocket knife increased the number of total pocket knife in the game or is there one less pocket knife in the drawers because of it? 

12 hours ago, ikarikh said:

As it is currently, he has to be directly on top of them and have them DIRECTLY in front of him to grab them. If they're on any angle at all, it whiffs.

It's very unrealstic especially considering his grab animation swipes from the sides, not straight forward. So having no side hitbox on the grab is weird and makes him whiff all too often and lets Counselors run circles around him unafraid.

The stretch armstrong grab range beong gone is fine. No one enjoyed it. But he does need a little bit of a hitbox cone to his sides.

Traps need to be able to overlap tp some extent. Exploit stacking traps where 3 traps are perfectly placed in one spot and kills you if you step in one of them, that was bullshit.

But being able to multi-trap an objective is not. With 7 counselors and 1 Jason, Counselors can be at all 3 objectives at once. Jason can only be at one at a time. So he NEEDS a way to be able to control objectives.

Because as it is currently, a good group of counselors will consistently get objectives going through brute force and there's no deterrent preventing a group from going for phone while he's trying to stop others at the car.

The only people who complained about multi-traps were bad Counselors. Everyone else dealt with them just fine. Good Counselors got through triple trapped phone boxes without issue. 

But the main thing was, the traps bought Jason time because Counselors needed to get PK's and Med Sprays to eat all of them, and knew it would bring Jason to them so they had to be strategic about when they set them off. They couldn't just eat the trap 2 min into the game after Jason's second morph and have cops called and cars going before Jason even had Stalk like you can now.

It balanced things so Counselors could still definitely get shit done but gave Jason a level of control so he had a CHANCE to prevent multiple objectives going all at once and early. 

He has nothing to prevent that now. So Counselors can steam roll him.

Can a good jason still clean house? Of course.

But Jason has to work ten times harder than the Counselors now to do it. And in a 1v7 game, why are the 7 the OP ones with the 1 being handicapped? It should be the other way around.

-Add a side cone hitbox to Jason's grab within the range of his current front cone. 

-Revert multi-trapping back in but remove exploit perfect trap stacking.

Those 2 changes will go a long way to restoring balance for both sides.

Well stated. Plus improve Jason's slash and hack. 

IMO his grab needs to be buffed slightly and so does his weapon swing radius. I’ve been right no top of people and somehow missed with a grab and my weapon. Being a counselor is supposed to be hard but I haven’t had much trouble at all lately. As far as Jason goes I’m pretty up and down some games I can’t get anybody and some I kill them all. Even though I play as a counselor 90% of the time I’d like to see Jason be stronger and more successful than he is. Surviving isn’t much of a challenge for me anymore ?

I think the gameplay feels pretty good in Quickplay right now.  However against private lobbies full of experienced organized mic'd up players it can be pretty challenging to get more than a few of them.

3 hours ago, Strangefate said:

I think the gameplay feels pretty good in Quickplay right now.  However against private lobbies full of experienced organized mic'd up players it can be pretty challenging to get more than a few of them.

But isn’t it supposed to be the other way around !!??!! Like it should be more of a challenge for the councelors to survive? Jason usually didn’t let many people escape. Also his strength is not supposed to be comparable to any teen. It’s fokin Jason , damn it ^^ he never got trolled lol

13 hours ago, Hancove said:

I have a question.
Have Tommy Jarvis pocket knife increased the number of total pocket knife in the game or is there one less pocket knife in the drawers because of it? 

That’s a good question, but I believe it adds an extra. So from what I can gather, there’s 4 total pocket knives per map with a 5th one being the one Tommy would have once he spawns in. 

On 10/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, ikarikh said:

That's actually not true. It's still actually very wide. Take a look at this clip, starting at 4:30. Change the play speed to 0.25 to really see it.

I made a little graph of what it kind of looks like to me:

wmWb3V2.png

Before they do anything to grabs they need to fix melee hit detection. Then it would be less of a hassle to grab people because it would be easier to cripple them first.

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's actually not true. It's still actually very wide. Take a look at this clip, starting at 4:30. Change the play speed to 0.25 to really see it.

I made a little graph of what it kind of looks like to me:

wmWb3V2.png

Before they do anything to grabs they need to fix melee hit detection. Then it would be less of a hassle to grab people because it would be easier to cripple them first.

that clip is so dark i did not see how you grabbed him