49 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

I’m beginning to play Dead By Daylight at least it’s actually a challenge to escape.

Hey, Rouge!

Yeah, Gun/illfonic should just make the new patch into its own thing: Easy Mode.

Normal Mode should be like the Oct 11 patch with minor tweaks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BomberBuddy said:

I've been reading alot about the opinions regarding the grab range change, played a few games myself, and I cannot help but feel conflicted. Let's face it: the grab range was unfair prepatch. Jason having the ability to force choke a counselor into his grip was unfair, and probably warranted a grimace of distaste. Then we move on. It happened. Tough.

People had gotten so used to that unfair grab range that now, with it gone, people no longer believe that they should have lived. They sympathize with Jason, harkening back to the good ole days where Jason could press a button and win. Gone are the moments of dread because that uncertainty of survival has opened up more in the counselor's favor.

Jason doesn't need your sympathy, trust me. As far as the grab range goes, this patch made it so Jason has to work a little harder to earn his kill. It can be done. It will be done. I promise you. Jasons will now have to use more than a shift-grab if they want to cut down a group. When has a shift-grab ever been satisfying anyway? If you are Jason, start planning ambushes; think as a couselor would think. Human error and mind games now play a pivotal role. Outsmart your opponent.

If you are a counselor and you no longer find satisfaction in juking Jason, it seems your enjoyment of the game has been hindered by killers unwilling to adapt to the tide of war. Beat him into submission until he changes his ways. Please remember: A human being is suseptable to failure. We are stubborn, resistant to change, especially to a form of entertainment media. Social darwinism here. 

Sorry dude it's just too easy. Way too easy. I never complained that Jason's grab was too op. Jason is supposed to be op. A couple days ago I dodged Jason's grab three times by swinging my weapon in the opposite direction. Jason was close enough to spit on me. I should have been grabbed. I would have been grabbed. Hell I will even say I fucking wanted to be grabbed. I felt like I fucking cheated. No joke. Today I whipped Jason's ass so hard as Tommy Jarvis he rage quit after killing five of eight. It was the only time I was killed in a three hour session. I got bored. It was the first time I got bored with the game. I'm not saying we go back to the fucking ten foot force choke but holy shit grab is nearly useless right now against anyone who has played the game for any length of time. I WANT TO GET KILLED. Grab needs a rework. Like right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Is it against fourm rules to insult yourself? Because sometimes I think me is an asshole. Lol

lmao

I think Jason's grab was fine before the new patch. We should go back to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Sorry dude it's just too easy. Way too easy. I never complained that Jason's grab was too op. Jason is supposed to be op. A couple days ago I dodged Jason's grab three times by swinging my weapon in the opposite direction. Jason was close enough to spit on me. I should have been grabbed. I would have been grabbed. Hell I will even say I fucking wanted to be grabbed. I felt like I fucking cheated. No joke. Today I whipped Jason's ass so hard as Tommy Jarvis he rage quit after killing five of eight. It was the only time I was killed in a three hour session. I got bored. It was the first time I got bored with the game. I'm not saying we go back to the fucking ten foot force choke but holy shit grab is nearly useless right now against anyone who has played the game for any length of time. I WANT TO GET KILLED. Grab needs a rework. Like right now.

What you miss is the risk vs reward, not the 10ft grab range. Okay cool, me too. You know what's funny? Reverting back to force choke may be the only way to preserve that risk vs reward adrenaline rush that you seem to have lost. Balance is shrouded in ambiguity for both sides.

This is a battle between gameplay mechanics, cut down to a quantitative level, and emotional polarity (happiness in survival, anger for dying). Now I see what you mean. The only reason why I keep playing this game is because of not knowing whether I'm going to survive an unfair encounter with the Big Man himself. That is where the charm lies, not in mathematical balancing, but the lopsidedness to it all. I've had time to think about what I said, as well as your rebuttal, and I cannot help but agree. You've won me over. I have to be honest, I'm upset that I hadn't thought about this at the time when I wrote my previous comment, but I was so vehemently sure that the patch was necessary for Jason to adjust to the grabbing animation as a gameplay mechanic and that people would just need to adapt. This is the absurdity of it all: Jason was a threat because he could press a button and win. Oh boy.

Alright, I get it. Jason needs to be unfair in order to preserve the long-term desire to survive, prodding at the player's psyche. Putting his grab back the way it was so we can all feel proud that we survived an encounter against insurmountable odds continuously kindles that desire to preserve the self. Thanks @Alien_Number_Six, I have seen my fault.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BomberBuddy said:

What you miss is the risk vs reward, not the 10ft grab range. Okay cool, me too. You know what's funny? Reverting back to force choke may be the only way to preserve that risk vs reward adrenaline rush that you seem to have lost. Balance is shrouded in ambiguity for both sides.

This is a battle between gameplay mechanics, cut down to a quantitative level, and emotional polarity (happiness in survival, anger for dying). Now I see what you mean. The only reason why I keep playing this game is because of not knowing whether I'm going to survive an unfair encounter with the Big Man himself. That is where the charm lies, not in mathematical balancing, but the lopsidedness to it all. I've had time to think about what I said, as well as your rebuttal, and I cannot help but agree. You've won me over. I have to be honest, I'm upset that I hadn't thought about this at the time when I wrote my previous comment, but I was so vehemently sure that the patch was necessary for Jason to adjust to the grabbing animation as a gameplay mechanic and that people would just need to adapt. This is the absurdity of it all: Jason was a threat because he could press a button and win. Oh boy.

Alright, I get it. Jason needs to be unfair in order to preserve the long-term desire to survive, prodding at the player's psyche. Putting his grab back the way it was so we can all feel proud that we survived an encounter against insurmountable odds continuously kindles that desire to preserve the self. Thanks @Alien_Number_Six, I have seen my fault.

I knew that you would see the light. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BomberBuddy said:

Correct 100%. I turned on the game last night, played several games as a counselor - out-juked Jason and escaped in all of them...I then proceeded to turn off my PS4. :(

The excitement and tension factor has been nerfed. The developers really need to address this and need to stop pacifying people who complain about the difficulty of the game - in what should be a challenging, tension-filled survival horror experience where you can die at any moment. 

It's beginning to feel like a PG-13 sequel to a R rated classic. "Jason-lite". 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fasthandz said:

Been playing as Jason get 8/8 still 

please cry more or get good? 

Yeah, me too. The problem we are having is that we don't die as counselors, as funny as it sounds. I haven't lost a game in -- at least -- 3 days as a counselor.

1 hour ago, Fasthandz said:

Been playing as Jason get 8/8 still 

please cry more or get good? 

85VeE.gif

20 minutes ago, D00las said:

Yeah, me too. The problem we are having is that we don't die as counselors, as funny as it sounds. I haven't lost a game in -- at least -- 3 days as a counselor.

Yeah, same. But I have more than 300 hours of gameplay, so I think it's something related to experience. 

I’ve seen plenty of Jasons go 6-8/8 since the patch and every time there seems to be a poor Jason I check their level and it’s around or under 20. There’s been a big influx of new, inexperienced players still learning the game, y’all gotta chill lol. 

11 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I’ve seen plenty of Jasons go 6-8/8 since the patch and every time there seems to be a poor Jason I check their level and it’s around or under 20. There’s been a big influx of new, inexperienced players still learning the game, y’all gotta chill lol. 

True, most of us started playing this game when it's just came out, everybody was inexperienced so playing as Jason wasn't so hard.  I feel bad  for these new players who have to endure a full lobby of experienced players trolling the shit out of them.

45 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Played 6 full-lobby games last night with all experienced players (Level 60+), and only had one game where Jason only killed 4/8. The others were 6-7 or full sweeps. Had one guy playing Savini Jason clean house with everyone while bitching the entire game about the nerfed grab, though. But like I said, he still killed everyone, including Tommy. 

I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a mediocre Jason and I killed 5/8 last night and would have gotten 7 if the boat hadn’t glitched. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@Theiceman105

Escaping is too easy?

:lol:

Had your best track shoes on for that one I see.

Fresh-Prince-Shoes.gif

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Had your best track shoes on for that one I see.

Fresh-Prince-Shoes.gif

Man I used to love that episode...

12 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

I’m beginning to play Dead By Daylight at least it’s actually a challenge to escape.

If you're on PS4, look me up.  :ph34r:

They should have just completely removed the darkening edges, along with the lost of mini-map, and I bet that would have stopped the whining.  There is no challenge at all in getting away now, not at all like Dead by Daylight.  The pocket knives are a joke too, and should have never been introduced into the game.  In the beginning I was all for them, and searched frantically to get them, but later realized that we're playing "FRIDAY THE 13TH", not Monopoly.  See you in DBD...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Man I used to love that episode...

You're showing your age dude. Everyone already knows I'm an antique.:ph34r:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Losing the thrill of it. Cops are getting called within the minute, the only time I have a hard time escaping if it's the rest of counselors are complete trolls, even then at least now you can see the gas in in the lodge next to the car that already had gas in it. Do a couple of matches a day but honestly every day I play a bit less and it sucks cause I really enjoy the game and have supported it purchasing all DLC. Hopefully this Paranoia bring something refreshing to the table, have to say I'm intrigued by it. 

Those claiming I got 8/8 so "Git Gud"  probably playing with bunch of trolls. Been saying this for months. Good group of counselors with Mic will give Jason a hard time and will not go home with a clean slate.

• Like 2

I'll say it yet again:

The BEST WAY to make everyone happy is for the devs to create an Easy (or Casual) Mode. Gun/Illfonic can change the name from Easy Mode if they think less skilled people would be offended by being politely led to a mode more suited to their skill level.

Easy Mode: Current Patch (Late Oct.)

Normal Mode: Prior Patch (Oct. 11)

10 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Correct 100%. I turned on the game last night, played several games as a counselor - out-juked Jason and escaped in all of them...I then proceeded to turn off my PS4. :(

The excitement and tension factor has been nerfed. The developers really need to address this and need to stop pacifying people who complain about the difficulty of the game - in what should be a challenging, tension-filled survival horror experience where you can die at any moment. 

It's beginning to feel like a PG-13 sequel to a R rated classic. "Jason-lite". 

You're going to see a lot more posts that look like this one after about a week and a half...

12 hours ago, BomberBuddy said:

Welcome to the club, bro. I knew some of you would come around...