2 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

You know you contradicted yourself there, saying "You always got 8/8" then going to say "People rarely escape" is a contradiction, meaning that some DID escape, even if rarely, so if some did escape you didn't "always' get 8/8

Thanks, grammar police

7 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

You know you contradicted yourself there, saying "You always got 8/8" then going to say "People rarely escape" is a contradiction, meaning that some DID escape, even if rarely, so if some did escape you didn't "always' get 8/8

Well that has been the theme of these VERY obvious counselor players. They make posts about how impossible it was to survive before as a counselor, but now after the patch everything is great and they still get 8/8 as Jason. And the hilarious part is that we're supposed to believe that from all of them. So you're telling me that someone who struggled as a counselor, QUIT the game because they died too much and came back because this patch is "perfect" ... is a pro Jason? Yeahhhhh, not happening ... people who know how to play Jason ALSO know how to play a counselor and wouldn't need a crutch. So all of these people saying "no, everything is great I get 8/8 still" WHILE in the next breathe saying 8/8 shouldn't be the norm are obviously blowing smoke in a VERY desperate attempt to keep their easy button.

I can still get 8/8, but the traps nerf made it a pain in the ass. I can still shift grab just fine, as long as I have Part 6 on. I can sadly no longer main Part 2

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yay! Another thread starting with complaining about complainers! Classy move guys! Glad to see you both are back at it. Adorable

hEIrfne.gif

When the forums are more exciting than the game:

Sad, but true at this point. Without OP Jason to bring the drama, I don't want to play as a counselor anymore. I'm having more fun on these boards than in the actual game!

Defeating Jason is a cakewalk, now. The thrill is gone...

I haven't played F13 at all today, and I don't feel pressed to play it right now either.

The more I play after the last patch, the more I'm noticing that the bigger help as counselor is not grab range or traps but the items on map. 

Soon after the release I thought that the items on map were quite ok from a certain poin of view. Maybe they should have been "nerfed" somehow as some member here suggested. But now I think that if there is a feature that are making the life too easy for counselor, it is that one. Is anyone noticing the same?

Also Tommy Jarvis with knife, if played by a skilled player can keep Jason busy for a lot of time. 

I've seen a lot of new players playing Jason.

Newer players will have more trouble even if the counselors have a few good players.

I've also noticed a lot of new players in general due to the sale. Its going to be easy depending on the mix of new/seasoned players.

Huge disparity I've seen.

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yay! Another thread starting with complaining about complainers! Classy move guys! Glad to see you both are back at it. Adorable

hEIrfne.gif

When the forums are more exciting than the game:

BhsfzBK.gif

Also, @Theiceman105, I think the point is 3 major things got nerfed on Jason, but huge advantages for counselors were added. Kind of tilts gameplay and people are upset about that. Deal with people being upset and discussing the changes in a discussion forum. 

*Waits for forum to loose connection, and get booted*

In my personal opinion, the trap change wouldn't have caused an impact on the balance alone. There has always been a large group of Jason players who simply refused to use trap-stacking and other similar techniques. I for one only use up to 3 traps in total a round on the objectives and I've been getting 8/8 on average, sporting a gamestyle where I dedicate enough time for each kill to be a unique one. I've yet to see if the new patch affects that average. The key to objective management is to make sure to visit the neighborhoods of the objectives regulary and making sure they stay empty. You also have to keep track on the counselors' movements on the map by using sightings and noise pins, and you must attempt to predict where they are going and then prioritize the kill order accordingly.  

No, the game-changer is the map update. The counselors no longer have to waste time on fruitless search in the wrong cabins (or even in whole clusters of cabins) and Jason can't slow down the search by "hiding" the parts by killing their looters. The over all efficiency of individual counselors has been drastically improved. You don't have to communicate and work in the team to locate the parts, either. While you could always let your team know where your corpse will lie via radio, the message would rarely be precise enough to pin-point: just give the general area. The game has been sped up considerably and to keep up, Jason is more locked to the objectives than before. 

I didn't mind the grab nerf at all, initially. However, I have now witnessed several occasions of gangs of Vanessas flocking around Jason to troll him. They'd just run circles around him and he couldn't reach them with grab. They also ran too fast for the melee animation. This lasted for minutes until Jason was finally able to separate them. The killer shouldn't feel so welcoming for the trolls. That being said, the recent update really did a number on the horror elements of the game. The threat of Jason's physical proximity has taken a heavy hit and the thrill of hopeless, desperate search for the car keys and other parts is for a large part gone. The overall atmosphere is sifting more and more to the competitive, and in my opinion, thus repetitive. 

As for the easiness of the escapes, I concentrated solely on this in my testing last night. I played for about 3 hours and in that time died only once... Only to spawn back in as Tommy. I aggro'd and kited Jason while the others fixed the car. They got it working and picked me up: we all got out. Sure, there were below average Jasons in the mix, I was on Quickplay after all, but also not-so-bad ones.

This Patch was favored toward counselors. Point Blank. Which is RETARDED. I do not care about the grab nerf. That nerf was bound to come. But at least extent the game time to 25? increase police time to 10mins? Few months ago calling cops was like the angels coming down to save you once you are down to the final 3. Very suspenseful and organic.Cops are being called first 5 mins of the game LOL now Jason doesn't know what to do.  I suggest giving jason perks similar system like the counselors.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mojitodominic said:

Also the fact that Jason can take damage while stunned

Wait, HE DOES? If true, no wonder my mask came off so quickly last night while fighting counselors! What kind of bullshit is this?

The biggest gripe I have is seeing the dropped spare parts on the main map.  It makes it too easy to skirt around Jason, collect all the needed parts, fix whatever needs fixed and get out.  I'd like to see this feature removed, but as a compromise keep the parts visible on the mini-map only.

I'd also like to see the ring-around-the-rosie shit go, too.  Had to watch a couple councilors play this game with Jason around the car this weekend; one guy was running around the car for about 5 minutes.  I'd like to see some kind of waypoint system around objects like cars, tables, etc, that if you trigger more than one in rapid succession (ie; running around in circles), that the councilor trips and falls flat on their face.

Grab range was nerfed way to much! That on top of seeing dropped items on the map is to much. Jason is supposed to be over powered and he’s not now. Don’t mind the map item change but the grab range needs to go back if they are keeping it like that

• Like 1

It’s supposed to be. Git gud scrub Jasons. Jk

I agree with number 3. Both changes should be undone. The grab radius should also be inverted so it’s easier to grab counselors that are close to you. Unfortunately counselor scrubs want the game to be easy for them so they can 1v1 Jason without having to worry about his grab. Instead of trying getting good and asking on the forums how to fight against the grab, they whine to Gun and Illfonic, eventually causing them to crack under the pressure and nerf Jason. Jason should be easy to play because it can be extremely difficult get a chance to play as him. This is not Dead by Daylight where Survivors have an advantage over the Killer. Jason is always supposed to have the advantage. If counselors cannot realize that, then they either need to git gud or stick to DbD. At least it seems like you’re realizing that Jason is supposed to be OP.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dmack621 said:

At LEAST he is starting to see the point here. All of these shit counselors want to claim that only Jason players are upset with the patch. I've been upset with it MORE as a counselor player than as a Jason player...

THIS!!!

This patch has literally killed the game for me.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Wait, HE DOES? If true, no wonder my mask came off so quickly last night while fighting counselors! What kind of bullshit is this?

Yeah, Jason can take damage while stunned, but it was like this in the Oct 11 patch. A stellar patch I might add.

NOW, however, because Jason has been so ridiculously nerfed, it's stupid for him to be so weak. Jason can barely defend himself, now. 

The balance was perfect last patch. This new patch RUINED the game.

#GITGUDNOOB

• Like 1

Leave the traps back as they were please, and the grip too, it's very easy to escape and get evade Jason now, 90% of the games managed to escape always.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caulus said:

The balance was perfect last patch. This new patch RUINED the game.

This. Well, the game isn't COMPLETELY ruined, but still, this.

I just had another round where I made a Jason player look miserable.

Got next to him and started going in circles. It was like watching him try to swat flies.

14 hours ago, D00las said:

I didn't mind the grab nerf at all, initially. However, I have now witnessed several occasions of gangs of Vanessas flocking around Jason to troll him. They'd just run circles around him and he couldn't reach them with grab. They also ran too fast for the melee animation. This lasted for minutes until Jason was finally able to separate them. The killer shouldn't feel so welcoming for the trolls. That being said, the recent update really did a number on the horror elements of the game. The threat of Jason's physical proximity has taken a heavy hit and the thrill of hopeless, desperate search for the car keys and other parts is for a large part gone. The overall atmosphere is sifting more and more to the competitive, and in my opinion, thus repetitive. 

Yes, yes, yes. There was one match where I just flat out gave myself to the Jason after running around for close to 10 minutes total as Vanessa. While mistakes were made on both sides, I should never have been able to dick around for as long as I've been able to this patch.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

Yes, yes, yes. There was one match where I just flat out gave myself to the Jason after running around for close to 10 minutes total as Vanessa. While mistakes were made on both sides, I should never have been able to dick around for as long as I've been able to this patch.

I did the same thing in the very last game I played. I LET Jason kill me, because he couldn't catch me and I was BORED.

• Like 1

I've been reading alot about the opinions regarding the grab range change, played a few games myself, and I cannot help but feel conflicted. Let's face it: the grab range was unfair prepatch. Jason having the ability to force choke a counselor into his grip was unfair, and probably warranted a grimace of distaste. Then we move on. It happened. Tough.

People had gotten so used to that unfair grab range that now, with it gone, people no longer believe that they should have lived. They sympathize with Jason, harkening back to the good ole days where Jason could press a button and win. Gone are the moments of dread because that uncertainty of survival has opened up more in the counselor's favor.

Jason doesn't need your sympathy, trust me. As far as the grab range goes, this patch made it so Jason has to work a little harder to earn his kill. It can be done. It will be done. I promise you. Jasons will now have to use more than a shift-grab if they want to cut down a group. When has a shift-grab ever been satisfying anyway? If you are Jason, start planning ambushes; think as a couselor would think. Human error and mind games now play a pivotal role. Outsmart your opponent.

If you are a counselor and you no longer find satisfaction in juking Jason, it seems your enjoyment of the game has been hindered by killers unwilling to adapt to the tide of war. Beat him into submission until he changes his ways. Please remember: A human being is suseptable to failure. We are stubborn, resistant to change, especially to a form of entertainment media. Social darwinism here. 

• Like 1