Sign in to follow this  
Archgamer

Get right up in Jason's face. New strategy for counselors.

I thought I was suppose to be running away from this guy?

I just had another match where Jason could not grab me at point blank range as I just zig zag pass all his attempts. Hilarious. I'm suppose to be scared of this joker?

Another thing you probably can do is zig zag him as he whiffed every grab attempt and you can proceed to stun him in combat stance.

Also if you crouch down there is a good possibility that he'll whiff his swing too. He is so friggin BAD at fighting now. Lol. 

Just now, Archgamer said:

I thought I was suppose to be running away from this guy?

I just had another match where Jason could not grab me at point blank range as I just zig zag pass all his attempts. Hilarious. I'm suppose to be scared of this joker?

Another thing you probably can do is zig zag him as he whiffed every grab attempt and you can proceed to stun him in combat stance.

Also if you crouch down there is a good possibility that he'll whiff his swing too. He is so friggin BAD at fighting now. Lol. 

I think the devs will quickly realize (if they haven't already) that this change was too drastic.

The reason for the change was due to the insane grab range that existed due to latency issues. Now that they've intentionally reduced the range and the latency issues still exist, this is the side effect we're getting. The grab now needs to be very pin pointed, and the latency issues are making it difficult to do that. Even when it really *looks* like you should be grabbing them, that's simply not what the code is seeing.

Use Jason, get in combat stance, smack them with weapon, block incoming attacks. Using part 6 prevents the crouching issue.

That said, the grab IS tight and requires more accuracy. I already had a tendency to grab where I saw the person was going, not where they "are", and this has corrected any issue with the detection.

That said, my ping is rarely over 80, though I've been in matches with people as high as 350

Give the option to set ping limits/ranges in lobbies... would have solved more than the "grab" adjustment. I'd bet on it.

Hack them (if they crouch, use the combat stance) until they start moving slowly and grab them. It is that hard? Playing as Jason now just requires more skill than before! Attack! Do not just grab everytime!

I hope the next update takes his weapons away and instead of grab kills he just picks you up and tickles you. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I hope the next update takes his weapons away and instead of grab kills he just picks you up and tickles you. 

Better yet, he just bends Kenny or Chad over his knee and smacks their ass. :)

So, devs, what happened to "Jason is SUPPOSED to be OP?"

He was already getting bullied by counselors.  Now he cant fight his way out of a paper bag. 

If it continues like this we will need a new Jason. Drowning child Jason. That way all the counselors can taunt him while he sinks into the lake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

If it continues like this we will need a new Jason. Drowning child Jason. That way all the counselors can taunt him while he sinks into the lake. 

We have the dances. So we're half way there.

• Like 1

I just don't know anymore. 

I just don't know.

player: how can they possibly screw around with this game any more than they have!

devs: hold my lacroix....

Didn't back this game on kickstarter because I wanted counselor party night. Fuck the emotes and the dancing bullshit. I wanted to feel threatened and have to fight HARD for survival as a counselor, and to rip people apart as Jason. That's what was promised, what we have is a pathetic joke.

9 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Didn't back this game on kickstarter because I wanted counselor party night. Fuck the emotes and the dancing bullshit. I wanted to feel threatened and have to fight HARD for survival as a counselor, and to rip people apart as Jason. That's what was promised, what we have is a pathetic joke.

That's streamlining for you nowadays.

Game gets announced/crowdfund with a premise. People get interested in that premise. Marketing starts. People buy the game because of that premise. Marketing attracts a "different" kind people with their flashy.... marketing. The "different" people start to outnumber the other people. The "different" people start to demand changes that fit their wishes while the other people are against it because it's not fitting the original concept/premise. The "different" people get it their way because of their number advantage, not due to them being in the right... and the other people leave. Rinse, repeat... pretty much my gaming experience in the last 12+ years when it comes to MP/PVP titles. Just another one to chalk up and move on.