Kalopsia

If people are this desperate to have the grab nerf undone

11 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

This patch made Jason suck period.

to be fair... you couldnt find jenny before the patch

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah I ran out of Stamina today and just spun in a circle three times and avoided grab yesterday. Three grabs with Jason close enough to spit on. I kind of started laughing because Jason Part 2 was spamming grab all over the place and missed me standing a foot away.

He forgot about that big spiky metal thing in his right hand.

32 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

How bad was it? I never really hide, so I didn't know her composure was OP. Usually Rage mode is enough to find anybody, regardless of perks.

52 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

Is this going to be a running joke now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

"Vanessa escapes grab." That's... that's not a bug. Jason simply couldn't decide on a kill.

Part 6 Jason not being able to hit Tommy, yeah that's just BS. Melee hit detection needs a major fix.

Just an extra clip thrown in because of all the feedback of players crying about the nerf to Jason's grab. Thought it was funny I survived without getting instantly choked to death.

Tommy survived that match too. ? 

6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

everyone that thinks this is a good patch watch this    

Oof. 

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah I ran out of Stamina today and just spun in a circle three times and avoided grab yesterday. Three grabs with Jason close enough to spit on. I kind of started laughing because Jason Part 2 was spamming grab all over the place and missed me standing a foot away.

And that rabbit should have been caught :)

Although I feel like the grab range should be right in the middle of what it was and what it is or invert the current grab range cone, I personally haven't had that many issues. I've gotten no less than 5/7 since the update and personally I wouldn't entirely mind if it stayed the way it is just because now you can't grab someone from 10 feet away.

Seeing pioneer's video, that's why the cone should be inverted if they decide to leave the grab length range as is. That should at least solve not being able to grab someone who's that close, granted against a counselor not moving I haven't had that issue.

Adapt and realize that Jason's 'easy' button was taken away so it's not just the Jason player who gets to have some fun in this game.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that the cone shape is the problem. Not the range.

When grabbing someone you could give a hug but miss is just strange.

I think the angle should be wider.

8 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Although I feel like the grab range should be right in the middle of what it was and what it is or invert the current grab range cone, I personally haven't had that many issues. I've gotten no less than 5/7 since the update and personally I wouldn't entirely mind if it stayed the way it is just because now you can't grab someone from 10 feet away.

Seeing pioneer's video, that's why the cone should be inverted if they decide to leave the grab length range as is. That should at least solve not being able to grab someone who's that close, granted against a counselor not moving I haven't had that issue.

Adapt and realize that Jason's 'easy' button was taken away so it's not just the Jason player who gets to have some fun in this game.

I actually don't like the fact that it is not fun from a counselor point of view, rather than from Jason's...
The adrenaline during the game, the liberatory breathe when the car reached the exit. The sense of satisfaction you felt when "you survived" appeared on screen are not the same. 
But you are right at the beginning of your sentence. We should realize that people who don't want to learn how to play are the majority of the players. IMHO devs and designer had to adapt to this situation and make them happy. 
So in a pragmatic point of view I agree that reverting the cone could be good. But let me say it's a pity that the game became like this.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think the solution is to improve Jason's melee hit detection so that Jason can hobble the speedy counselors more easily. Turning Jason into Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man, Rubber Band Man, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, etc is not the solution. They should also expand the types of attacks Jason and the counselors can do, like a sweeping horizontal attack for groups and a lunge forward attack to close a short distance quickly, or something along those lines.

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. Jason's melee hit detection/weapon hitbox should be bigger; Jason should have chopped Fox while she was fixing the boat, for sure.

2. The nature of the "grab cone" is that it gets bigger the further from Jason it gets. That's why Jason couldn't grab Fox when she was right next to him. If it was INVERTED, where it is bigger when closer to Jason and smaller further out, that would fix this issue(and it would be more realistic).

Inverting the grab cone is probably the best solution to this. Also increasing the hitbox of melee weapons. 

12 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

For me, they just need to buff his weapon. So we can attack more and give them a chance to struggle gefore they die.

I wish they would work on hit detection in general for both counselors and Jason. The combat system is important for both sides and shouldn't be as clunky as it is. 

• Like 1

Would all be fine if you could set a ping limit in a lobby. You can't, so the reduced grab-range will cause more issues than many seem able to comprehend...

And Jason needing a rework?... no shit :D

6 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I think you should all stop moaning and practice. Use stalk so they don't know you're shifting, works fine for me. Try playing without a morph marker! Thats what I've been doing in over half my games for over a month. Thats a proper nerfed Jason.

You're STILL having that issue?!? WTF?

13 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Then Jason in general needs a drastic re-work. If his only strength was that he could grab people like Mr. Fantastic 

Jasons Grab range was 4 damn feet FFS. 

Go find big guy in real life who stands around 6 feet tall.  Stand 4 feet away from him.. Tell him to grab you..    You will find that he doesn't need to be Mr Fantastic to grab someone at 4 feet.

30 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I wish they would work on hit detection in general for both counselors and Jason. The combat system is important for both sides and shouldn't be as clunky as it is. 

Great comment! :D

For me, it should only be clunky on counselors. Not Jason.

2 hours ago, Fooobar said:

I'm starting to think that the cone shape is the problem. Not the range.

When grabbing someone you could give a hug but miss is just strange.

I think the angle should be wider.

Agreed.  Say start with a 140 degree angle, or so, an inch from Jason and rapidly narrow the grab angle the farther from Jason it goes until the apex is a straight line from Jason's sternum the length of his arm. 

If they relied on a silly grab range and multi-trapping, maybe a lot of people just weren't as good at playing Jason as they thought they were.

43 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

If they relied on a silly grab range and multi-trapping, maybe a lot of people just weren't as good at playing Jason as they thought they were.

Let's see if you are a truly skilled god or just full of it...

Tell us where triple-trapping originated from.. why people started doing it. Little hint: It's not because they are bad.

Go Jefe!

• Like 1

It's so funny to swim in the tears of Jasons that depended on Force Grabs and Scum Stacking of traps.

Oh god is it hysterical to read their cries.  These were GREAT changes.  

These changes are based on people being salty about something that is caused mostly due to people's latency being all over the place (and due to a lack of comprehension in that regard) and a method to combat the same kind of scrubs abusing an exploit to repair certain objectives without triggering the trap/s...

Not even knowing and being unable to comprehend these things and claiming he's getting the giggles out of it.

That's what's truly hysterical here...

26 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Changes are based on people being salty about something that is caused mostly due to people's latency being all over the place (due to a lack of comprehension) and a method to combat the same kind of scrubs abusing an exploit to repair certain objectives without triggering the trap/s...

Not even knowing and being unable to comprehend these things and claiming he's getting the giggles out of it.

That's what's truly hysterical here...

Just a few days ago there was a post in a thread of a video of two people in Higgins with good lag and just standing there showing the range of the grab.  Jason was standing before the end of the rug near the door, and the counselor was standing near the end of the opposite end of the rug. 

I vehemently oppose exploits in all their forms. 

It says everything one needs to know that people who disagree with you that you label:  1) scrub  2) exploiter  "same kind of scrubs abusing an exploit "

Video link: 

There are others but no I wasn't proving or even supporting your argument.  There is no lag to two people standing still as the host has a positive and accurate marker of the other's location. 

Edited by va_ghost
Rebuttal

2 hours ago, va_ghost said:

Just a few days ago there was a post in a thread of a video of two people in Higgins with good lag and just standing there showing the range of the grab.  Jason was standing before the end of the rug near the door, and the counselor was standing near the end of the opposite end of the rug.

I'm confused. You just gave proof to my point.

I vehemently oppose exploits in all their forms.

It's admirable that you oppose exploits. I do the same.

It says everything one needs to know that people who disagree with you that you label:  1) scrub  2) exploiter  "same kind of scrubs abusing an exploit "

That's certainly not the case. I'm sorry. You vastly simplified things. It really depends on the subject matter. And it's a fact that latency affects the grab mechanic heavily (I mean, you just said it yourself). I only allow myself to label people that start to argue against facts. It's like... flatearthers....

*EDIT*

Okay, thanks for the videos. Here is a little problem though. I never said the grab-range isn't/wasn't huge. But I'm pretty sure the reason behind it was to combat possible latency differences. Which exist. My issue with trying to sell those videos as ammo for your argument is though... they are worth shit in terms of the relation to latency because... the people are standing still. It's nice to see the actual grab-range, but that's it and ofc it doesn't matter if the people lag if they don't fucking move, like you point out yourself... so, nice to see the grab range... but I don't see the relation to my... let's call them "claims"...