1 hour ago, Truth said:

That's what I'm expecting them to do... They're turning this game into a cash grab before the backers even get their copies.

I backed at 100.00 and the only thing I've received for my contribution was Savini and the counselor clothing pack.  I don't count the bonus digital since that was a gift due to the delay. I've go no digital artbook or soundtrack which won't be out for awhile now. I've got no physical copy. Hell my name isn't even in the credits and they won't even acknowledge that.  I guess if I ever do get my physical copy, and it does have a kickstarter exclusive cover, it will look nice sitting unopened on a shelf.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

You mean they are more desirable for your personal enjoyment and immersion as a fan of the films. But that doesn't make them necessary for play, as say, a map's availability would.  

no i mean exactly what i said. don´t put words in my mouth pls.

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

no i mean exactly what i said. don´t put words in my mouth pls.

Oh. Then I guess what I mean to say in my original post was that to everyone but pApA^LeGBa, they are discretionary.

whatever. you obviously have no clue of the movies. the devs made the impression that they are hardcore movie fans making this a tribute to the movies. have fun getting milked. i am out of this. makes no difference if maps, jasons or kills tbh. this kind of cashgrabbing is a no go for me anyways. no matter how they milk you.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

whatever. you obviously have no clue of the movies.

How can you say that? They're my favorite romantic comedies of all time.

• Like 2

This would be easier to go for if Jasons could swap weapons. But as it is, this is kills strictly for part 4 and for a price I'm not keen on. The Costumes, one for each counselor, are $2. They are cosmetic. The Emotes are Cosmetic and $2 and use by everyone. The jason kills are $4, there is only 3 of them, and only one jason can use them.

Do you see a problem there? There is no way this is cost effective compared to the other paid DLC.

If they implemented Jason's ability to change the weapon he's using and I could use the Pig Splitter with 4, 2, 8, and Savini? I'd go for it at the drop of a hat.

But like this where only one Jason gets them? A Jason that I feel is "okay" and far from my top pick? Well I won't be buying and I feel so silly seeing these people stomping their feet and snorting and going "it's just $4!" . Yeah, the game was "just" $40+, Savini was "just" $7, Swim pack was "just" $2, Emote pack was "just" $2, Halloween pack is "just" $2, and the kills are "just" $4.

So far, outside the main game, that's $17 for some goodies, but again, there is another problem and some of these things aren't like the other.

Notice that a new exclusive Jason costed $7? That is a Jason with his own power sorting, own weapon kills, own theme music. $7.

But now, a kill pack of 3 kills for a single Jason... costs $4?

• Like 1

The cost is $3 (2.99) for 3 kills for Part IV Jason only. Optional, but they are really cool kills and worth the money. This just happens to be something that I don’t mind paying for. Just like the emote pack - something that I did not get because I have no desire for more emotes.

I enjoy the game and don’t mind funding some of the optional content to keep it going.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

they don´t even offer a seasonpass. they heavily rely on micro transitions. this is more than just gathering ressources for development. New content takes a while to be made, everything getting released this year has propably been worked on before game release already.

and look at the roadmap. what else is left after that? not much tbh. and the things on the roadmap are already in progress for a while.

Add Pamela.

3 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

You call this a cash grab? Have you ever heard of shark cards?

to be fair,  compairing rockstar to gun/illfonic is,like comparing apples to crumbs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

they don´t even offer a seasonpass. they heavily rely on micro transitions. this is more than just gathering ressources for development. New content takes a while to be made, everything getting released this year has propably been worked on before game release already.

and look at the roadmap. what else is left after that? not much tbh. and the things on the roadmap are already in progress for a while.

If they were to offer a season pass, what do you think would be a fair price?

2 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Exactly. No one is entitled to optional content that the developers elected to add. They're doing it in a very fair manner -- core DLCs (Jasons, maps, counselors) are free, and utterly discretionary fluff for profit. It's not only fair, but way more considerate than a lot of games out there.

I for one am glad the core stuff is free. The paid content is nice to have, but I'm not buying it 8 times, like I did the game.

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I for one am glad the core stuff is free. The paid content is nice to have, but I'm not buying it 8 times, like I did the game.

You bought the game 8 times??? Why...?

Just now, Truth said:

You bought the game 8 times??? Why...?

I bought a copy for myself, one for the wife, 5 for my daughters, and 1 as a copy for guests to play.

Just now, Fair Play said:

I bought a copy for myself, one for the wife, 5 for my daughters, and 1 as a copy for guests to play.

Damn you have 5 daughters? Having a boy just wasn't in your cards i guess. I have much sympathy and respect for you...

Just now, Truth said:

Damn you have 5 daughters? Having a boy just wasn't in your cards i guess. I have much sympathy and respect for you...

It's not so bad now. When they were younger, the stories I could tell you.

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

27$. Really? i can get a new game on sale for that. i bought witcher 3 for 25$ including dlcs. this is milking. in a game that is still messed up badly. don´t even get me started on the no ban policy they seem to have. in a pvp game.

witcher 3 is old, witcher 3 is awesome... either way this game needs more jason kill whether in a dlc pack or free. 

So, 27$ in total if all Jasons got DLC kills?

I wanna go for that GTA 5 on sale before I pay that much for new kills. (unlessitsforpart8 (; )

As much as it sucks considering how much it costs to do new mocap animations, especially with Kane Hodder, it doesn't surprise me. If money is the incentive to get new kills then I'm fine with it, the environmental kills are at least free. The only big downside is CP continues to be pointless. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

The kills, emotes, and clothing are all optional purchases, though. I’m just saying that you really need to purchase shark cards to get anywhere in GTA V without quitting your job and selling your children to spend the entire year grinding to buy a hat. 

That's why everyone hacked to get the money.

I might spring for a pack of Part 8 kills myself but I still have yet to even get to play part 4 in a match so....how do I know I'll even like him when 8 is already my top Jason?

8 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

kills are not utterly discretionary fluff. they are essential for the f13 movies. their diversity is the posterchild of the whole movie franchise. 

They added more free environmental kills at least. They are a business. I don't HAVE to buy them, and I haven't had to buy anything from them begrudgingly. You can still play the game as you bought it. Any micro transactions you or I elect to make are to enhance the original content. Have to be fair. Accessories are sold separately for consoles, DLC for games. It's just the nature of the market. 

6 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

to be fair,  compairing rockstar to gun/illfonic is,like comparing apples to crumbs

Fair enough. A very good point. Lol.