lHeartBreakerl

So, what happened to revamping retro Jason?

@GunMedia_Ben or @Gertz is there any update on this? Last I heard he was supposed to be removed when the spring break dlc dropped. Are you guys planning on keeping him in while you work on it?

Just curious where this stands. We haven't heard any word about it.

Hell, I'm doubtful but @[IllFonic]Courier any chance you could shine some light in this?

• Like 4

Yeah...this really one of those "Hey! Didn't they say...?" Kinda questions that keeps popping up.

Clearly it had some legal reasons behind it. You'd think he would have been pulled pretty quickly.

Look at the roadmap. 

The next new Jason will come out after Christmas or when Winter is over.

I hope it's not him though. I want movie Jasons first! Give me Roy or Uber Jason. I don't care enough about Purple guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archgamer said:

Look at the roadmap. 

The next new Jason will come out after Christmas or when Winter is over.

I hope it's not him though. I want movie Jasons first! Give me Roy or Uber Jason. I don't care enough about Purple guy.

I did look at the road map.

yYSlDV5.jpg

He's the second dot ;)

• Like 2

A little off topic, but as far as I can tell they've delivered everything that was in front of the pumpkin, so next should be the virtual cabin right? Also, since everything before the pumpkin has been released, does that mean that the pumpkin represents Halloween?

Just now, Skynyrd said:

A little off topic, but as far as I can tell they've delivered everything that was in front of the pumpkin, so next should be the virtual cabin right? Also, since everything before the pumpkin has been released, does that mean that the pumpkin represents Halloween?

100% correct. I assume we'll get the the SP stuff sometime in November and the rest sometime in December.

It's gonna be a slow couple months for MP.

Just now, Skynyrd said:

Also, since everything before the pumpkin has been released, does that mean that the pumpkin represents Halloween?

It wasn't a guarantee, it was a placeholder to let people know somewhere during the fall time we would see that content. In this case, they managed to get things rolling before Halloween, but there was no promise made that would happen. For all we knew the new clothing pack would be something completely different, but the surprise ended up being what we have now.

I'm sure Retro Jason's revamp will come along with the Kickstarter backer physical copies. 

• Like 1

I hate the Retro Jason myself, I think it kills the mood of being in the Friday the 13th world, and adding the nes music was just sill,y but to each his own

• Like 2

I think I remember them saying it takes three months to make a Jason model. I may be wrong. Based on that- Part IV was October, whatever's next will probably be around January and the one after that April. Won't really know if that holds true until January though. That said, I don't think the Jasons on the map include Retro Jason. At least I hope not.

40 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I think I remember them saying it takes three months to make a Jason model. I may be wrong. Based on that- Part IV was October, whatever's next will probably be around January and the one after that April. Won't really know if that holds true until January though. That said, I don't think the Jasons on the map include Retro Jason. At least I hope not.

A few things aren't even included in this road map. Dedicated servers for example. And the kill packs for the rest of the Jasons. We know they have more kills because they tease new P2 Jason kills in one of the mocap videos from September I believed.

I love the Retro Jason. I hope they make him with his own weapon and unique kills as well.

It shouldn't be hard. All they have to do is give the skin its own slot and add in a moveset like with J4. They don't need a new model, imo. RJ just needs to be his own thing. That's it.

I love that Gun/illlfonic are such big fans. RJ was a really nice nod for us oldheads who loved the NES game.

They definitely need a new model. Recolored part 3 Jason would be lazy on his own.

I believe Retro Jason needs to be his own model and have his own strengths and weaknesses. In the game, he could run, shift around the map quickly, and has to be defeated over a three day period (so make him have more HP or less stun, etc.)

Also, we need the map from the NES game as well. Added in with the music from the game itself, I think this could be a great package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Body Boy said:

They definitely need a new model. Recolored part 3 Jason would be lazy on his own.

No, it's not lazy if you know anything about the resurgence in popularity of Retro Jason. It started out as a fan-painted custom version of NES Jason using a NECA Part 3 Jason figure. NECA saw the custom, loved it, and started making their own official figures based on it. Every version of NES Jason that they've released to date has been using their Part 3 Jason figure as the base, so I feel that it's very appropriate that the devs use their Part 3 model as the base for Retro Jason.

Yeah...this is puzzling.

His mask needs to be 8 bit for me.

I'd prefer his entire model have an 8 bit look, but that's me.

And again...

+ Morph

+ Shift

+ Can Run

- Destruction

- Traps

- Weapon Strength

He's the fastest available Jason, matching his hyper speed in the NES game, but he's the weakest up close.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:38 AM, disco romance said:

I believe Retro Jason needs to be his own model and have his own strengths and weaknesses. In the game, he could run, shift around the map quickly, and has to be defeated over a three day period (so make him have more HP or less stun, etc.)

Also, we need the map from the NES game as well. Added in with the music from the game itself, I think this could be a great package.

For single player, if they could get close to this, that would be amazing. Especially if you could switch between counselors, Jason randomly attacked the cabins idle counselors occupied, and surprise attacks you on occasion....

Yes, a map based on the NES game would be AMAZING!

Stats:

+ Morph

+ Shift

+ Can Run

- Sense

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

Jason was strong in the old game. His melee hits did a ton of damage. Also, they should edit his chase theme to add stronger cues from his original chase theme so that it is reminiscent without the original repetitiveness, and the cabins theme; preferably a cabin theme similar to a remake I heard on YouTube. I think they used a violin in it. It was very hauntingly beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9wYMHHmBg

13 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

No, it's not lazy if you know anything about the resurgence in popularity of Retro Jason. It started out as a fan-painted custom version of NES Jason using a NECA Part 3 Jason figure. NECA saw the custom, loved it, and started making their own official figures based on it. Every version of NES Jason that they've released to date has been using their Part 3 Jason figure as the base, so I feel that it's very appropriate that the devs use their Part 3 model as the base for Retro Jason.

i really don't like boo berry jason but if they're going to include him, it is pretty lazy to just change the color and music of part 3. i get that's what he originally was, and they can keep him based off of part 3 but i think he's inclusion would be more tolerable for me if he was his own character. 

1 minute ago, matisangry said:

i really don't like boo berry jason but if they're going to include him, it is pretty lazy to just change the color and music of part 3. i get that's what he originally was, and they can keep him based off of part 3 but i think he's inclusion would be more tolerable for me if he was his own character. 

I get what you're saying. Some original kills and whatnot would be nice, but I never really expected Retro Jason to be anything more than just a reskin of Part 3.

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

I get what you're saying. Some original kills and whatnot would be nice, but I never really expected Retro Jason to be anything more than just a reskin of Part 3.

agreed. his inclusion is really just a fun little throw away, but if they're gonna do the work, why not take part 3, do a bit of remodeling to truly make him his own character, change his stats a bit and give him a few special kills? i think I'd be more in to him being part of the game if that were the case. he's just an atmosphere killer to me now.