15 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

but just having them appear on a map removes a lot of that. No talking or planning? No biggie. Just pull up the map after a few people die and find right where the items are. Just removes the drastic need to work together as much.

I disagree. Seeing where stuff is on the map is still useless unless you can co-ordinate with another counselor on how you're going to repair/escape.

Sure, you might get the odd time where you'll be able to sneak to a part visible on the map, repair something, and manage to escape on your own...But it's not gonna be a regular occurrence.

You still need strength in numbers and distractions if you hope to escape.

Let's not pretend having visible items on the map makes repair/escape too easy. Because that's simply not true. You still have to use the item without Jason killing you. That takes planning and co-ordination.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kitcat said:

It's funny, right? Jason can use morph, sense, stalk, shift, rage and he also can hide a lot of traps under his pants, but people are making a war only because items dropped in the map are showing for all the counselors now. Give me a fucking break. 

Jason's still very OP, but no one wants to play a game with 0 chances of escape.

About the trap thing: this shouldn't be a problem for a good Jason. The Jason players used to NOT do that, it's a new thing, so...

Yeah, let's talk about counselors having "powers" now. Seriously? If you want reality, then don't play video games. That's pretty simple. 

People like to complain over nothing. All the time. 

I escape as a counselor too often already. I don't need my hand held by worse traps, worse grabs, and icons showing up on my map.

• Like 2

If you think Jason should be a joke and not a monster then you should just quit this game and play DbD. That game has the easy escapes you desire.

• Like 2

I signed in just like the original post. Kudos sir. Entitled cry babies, please... do like Lord Humongus told you to.... "just walk away". ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruehitman said:

I don’t do a lot of complaining after patches. I applaud trying to fix issues, bugs, glitches, cheats, while creating a balance and such. But this change I did not agree with and voiced as such. The game was built with teamwork and communication in mind. It should feel like an achievement to escape Jason’s clutches. It should feel claustrophobic running around while whispering to teammates as you hatch a plan to try and survive the night. It should be difficult. As it was before this patch, I could still escape relatively often thanks to communicating with teammates and trying to put together a plan. Sometimes teammates would yell out there position with an item they had just as Jason was killing them. This only heightened the tension in now trying to find exactly where that was to retireve the item or quickly hatch a plan B. Or C. lol... but just having them appear on a map removes a lot of that. No talking or planning? No biggie. Just pull up the map after a few people die and find right where the items are. Just removes the drastic need to work together as much. Removes some of the tension. And makes it feel more like a “game” then survival horror against the greatest horror icon of all time. It wasn’t a “needed” change. I know people run into issues in public which helped prompt this change. But playing in private alleviates a lot of this. Or finding a different public one with at least several people using mics. Even if you can’t do either, you can still have fun trying to foil Jason’s plan to kill you. Again, it should be hard. It should be something that you really have to struggle for and fight for and plan for. It should have you exhaling a large breath as you escape in the nick of time. This change feels like just a way to make things easier for counselors. Not what the intention was when this game came out. In the end, just not a fan of the change. 

This.

• Like 2

So can we finally do away with the mobile gamers/casuals stupid rules of: "no spawn killing, no slashing, no blocking, no having fun as Jason??"  Cause if we play the game as intended by the devs, Jason won't seem so nerfed.  I always said that if you die at the house you spawned in before Jason has shift, you deserved it.  Now that he has T-Rex arms with his grab, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE.  Enough is enough with these shitty rules, people.

• Like 1

people will always complain. a lot of the people complaining about parts being located on the map are the same ones that bitched about trolls hiding parts in the middle of nowhere.

It's kind of too easy to escape. For me at least. I don't know about everyone else. I spent the day thinking I should be dead every few minutes. And I wasn't dead. As Jason I went 5 of 7 twice. One game had a ton of lag. That is pretty normal for me and I think I did ok because the run, chop, grab playstyle is useally what I do anyway but I kind of didn't get that thrill of the hunt thing Jason had going for him. The traps are ok. I think they are a bit tougher to break out of if you run into them. That kind of makes up for having to space out your trap placement. I don't mind the dropped items on the map. I seen Jason use items as bait today. Playing Jason is a bit boring now. I liked it better when he was a force to be feared. Now he seems like a counselor with a few special skills.

IMO this is one of the best patches released.  Fox looks good and plays well, letting players see dropped parts on the map is great for Quickplay (especially with the fuse, which often disappeared without a trace before this due to players running off and dying with it in some obscure place), and Jarvis is much better, that starting pocketknife will be handy, mostly for disarming traps.

8 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

IMO this is one of the best patches released.  Fox looks good and plays well, letting players see dropped parts on the map is great for Quickplay (especially with the fuse, which often disappeared without a trace before this due to players running off and dying with it in some obscure place), and Jarvis is much better, that starting pocketknife will be handy, mostly for disarming traps.

I chopped the hell out of Tommy Jarvis when and if I saw him today. Knowing he has a pocket knife it was too easy. I did like coming in as Tommy the few times I died today. And Fox is fun to play.

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot of that will happen to Tommys now but so it goes.  The pocketknife is still very handy for Tommys who spawn in and try to help complete the repairs on things.  It'll allow you to head over to the phone box or whatever, quietly remove the trap with a knife, and quickly install the part.  In a way it will also help Tommy in that Jasons will be afraid to grab them.  That means, as the strongest character, you'll mostly be fleeing from melee attacks, giving you a good shot at juking Jasons for longer periods.  Instantly dying useless Tommys will be rarer IMO.

5 hours ago, malloymk said:

This.

THIS. Jason is a force to be feared, not evaded every 3 seconds like dbd.

• Like 1

Welcome to every official online video game forum. It doesn't help that a majority of players are little kids. 

13 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

THIS. Jason is a force to be feared, not evaded every 3 seconds like dbd.

He should be feared, but he should also feel fair. Giving him strengths with no logical explanation like the grab hitbox is just going to feel like bullshit no matter what. It isn't like Jason doesn't already have other abilities to help him catch counselors like throwing knives and his attack weapon. 

If people wanted a Jason powerhouse fantasy then they shouldn't have made this a multiplayer game. Jason can be powerful, but he also has to be fair because otherwise nobody is going to want to play as a counselor. Most people already don't since they leave the game as soon as they know they aren't picked to be Jason. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's kind of too easy to escape. For me at least. I don't know about everyone else. I spent the day thinking I should be dead every few minutes. And I wasn't dead. As Jason I went 5 of 7 twice. One game had a ton of lag. That is pretty normal for me and I think I did ok because the run, chop, grab playstyle is useally what I do anyway but I kind of didn't get that thrill of the hunt thing Jason had going for him. The traps are ok. I think they are a bit tougher to break out of if you run into them. That kind of makes up for having to space out your trap placement. I don't mind the dropped items on the map. I seen Jason use items as bait today. Playing Jason is a bit boring now. I liked it better when he was a force to be feared. Now he seems like a counselor with a few special skills.

From another topic

This is supposed to be Friday the 13th. During the movie's climax (which the multiplayer takes on) there's always a chase between Jason and the last counselors. By "wasting more time chasing them", you are accomplishing the game's proposal. It gives counselors a chance to struggle before they get killed by depleting their Stamina. I personally love this, even if I die at the end. It's more fun and makes Jason more skill-based to kill counselors.

4 hours ago, matisangry said:

people will always complain. a lot of the people complaining about parts being located on the map are the same ones that bitched about trolls hiding parts in the middle of nowhere.

How do you figure?

5 hours ago, matisangry said:

That is major issue, and made even worse now by the item locator. Before you needed a mic to communicate to get parts and whatnot. Now, someone can grab keys and just wait for parts to appear on their map and escape. No mic necessary.

Public matches will be troll city.

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

How do you figure?

how do i figure what? that people will always complain? because they do. look at the forums after any patch or announcement. 

how do i figure some of the same people bitching about the item location are the same ones who bitched about people intentionally hiding stuff? because I've seen it several times today. 

12 minutes ago, matisangry said:

how do i figure what? that people will always complain? because they do. look at the forums after any patch or announcement. 

how do i figure some of the same people bitching about the item location are the same ones who bitched about people intentionally hiding stuff? because I've seen it several times today. 

Who specifically? 

7 hours ago, malloymk said:

Who specifically? 

I'm not calling anyone out specifically. there's really no reason to. none of this, in the grand scheme of things, really matters. it's a video game. they made some changes you don't like? who cares.  i mean... go ahead and dislike what they did. voice your opinion if you feel so inclined, but people need to stop treating this shit like it's the end of the world. it's a video game. you're not being forced to play it. if your experience is ruined, go play something else. it's that simple.

anyway, i don't need to start any beefs with anyone. that's not why i come here.

I think several of the changes in no way reflects what people wanted. It reflects what a handful of people wanted.

18 hours ago, Drawxne said:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ  @Cokeyskunk All my likes. Take them.

19 hours ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk You now have your like that was promised.

18 hours ago, malloymk said:

This.

Gents, I recommend you read this post from Ben I've quoted below. 'Liked', 'this' etc are considered spam. 

On 18/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

The system was updated after a glitch in the new software. It will no longer display names for who is liking what, only that people like a post. 

We recommend not responding to threads and saying 'Liked' as a means to showing that you liked something. Simply like and move on :). Posting like that will be considered spam, and we'll need to ask you not do it any more. 

Apologies for the confusion over the current situation, looks like the issue should be alleviated. 

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

I'm not calling anyone out specifically. there's really no reason to. none of this, in the grand scheme of things, really matters. it's a video game. they made some changes you don't like? who cares.  i mean... go ahead and dislike what they did. voice your opinion if you feel so inclined, but people need to stop treating this shit like it's the end of the world. it's a video game. you're not being forced to play it. if your experience is ruined, go play something else. it's that simple.

anyway, i don't need to start any beefs with anyone. that's not why i come here.

So nobody then? That's what I figured. 

Anyway this is an online forum specific to Friday the 13th the game where people discuss various topics related to the game. Those people will certainly have a wide variety of opinions on different features of the game. It is my belief that this patch nerfed Jason significantly. Others seem to agree. Others don't.

But just because you don't want to read or join the discussion with any half way decent take, doesn't mean other shouldn't discuss that. 

You keep saying things like don't take the game too seriously. I think it's safe to say that people aren't going to write to their local congressman about this game. However the developers keep an eye on this forum. So if there are changes that we don't like, these complaints aren't falling om deaf ears. Clearly the developers will tweak the game if people are taking issue with different things about the game.

As far as the "if you don't like it don't play" argument. That I agree with. The thing is I still like the game, just not as much as I did a few days ago. Again, as this is an online discussion board related and tied to the game, I'm going to feel free to voice my opinion. If you would like to respond at anytime with anything useful, feel free to add to the banter. But dismissing things with strawman arguments are kind of lame and don't add any value to the discussion.