Theiceman105

Fear shouldn't make grabs harder to break free from

This is honestly retarded. Why is it s thing? Jenny gets useless after 2 seconds with Jason. 

Please have strength play more of a factor if you can too. 

And please double or triple the values of escape artist.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

This is honestly retarded. Why is it s thing? Jenny gets useless after 2 seconds with Jason. 

Maybe they should add a kick one where if your playing as Tiffany it is esayer because of stamina and speed and on ps4 it would be O 

2 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Maybe they should add a kick one where if your playing as Tiffany it is esayer because of stamina and speed and on ps4 it would be O 

Tiffany is a useless character.

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

This is a useless post.

If you're freaking the fuck out because some serial killer has been on your ass for "2 seconds" then how could you expect to hold your composure and fight out of it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

Tiffany is actually a pretty good character, at least for my playstyle. I’ve survived many times and even with repairing objectives with her, even if she takes four years to pour gas into the car and mess up once. 

I think the bigger problem is that ultimately grip strength and composure is pointless because Jason can kill anybody in a second with specific executions. Even if you are Jenny and your fear isn't high, Jason can still kill you just as the escape bar is filled. Even if you do manage to escape, all he has to do is hit you two or three times and you're fucked. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Truth said:

This is a useless post.

If you're freaking the fuck out because some serial killer has been on your ass for "2 seconds" then how could you expect to hold your composure and fight out of it?

Yet you can pull out a pocket knife and stab him in 2 seconds without flipping the blade

6 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I think the bigger problem is that ultimately grip strength and composure is pointless because Jason can kill anybody in a second with specific executions. Even if you are Jenny and your fear isn't high, Jason can still kill you just as the escape bar is filled. Even if you do manage to escape, all he has to do is hit you two or three times and you're fucked. 

grip strength and composure are useful especially if jason grabs you in low space area where he can't use kills right away

I disagree with this topic. Jason is a hulking, massive deranged killer. His size towers even the strongest characters. His grip would be near impossible to escape from, especially with most of the female characters.

18 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I disagree with this topic. Jason is a hulking, massive deranged killer. His size towers even the strongest characters. His grip would be near impossible to escape from, especially with most of the female characters.

Yet in the movies a horny teen tackles him head on... hmm! Doesn't seem so hulking after that.

Just now, Theiceman105 said:

Yet in the movies a horny teen tackles him head on... hmm! Doesn't seem so hulking after that.

Yet in the movies he has picked up several large men with little effort, took about 30 punches from a boxer while barely stepping back and knocked his head off in one punch, grabbed a person and thrown them out of a window one handed, crushed a skull until the eyes popped out of a built guy while receiving little to no struggle. 

I get what you are saying but considering there are more cases proving my point than yours, I stand in my convictions. Jason's grip should be extremely difficult to escape. Use a perk if you are having issues with the grip strength. Besides, you pretty much get killed immediate after being grabbed as some pointed out earlier

The fundamental mechanic of 'Fear up, Composure down' is sound, offering an important way for Jason to up his chances of finding and killing counselors. Getting rid of it entirely would make the game less nuanced than it is, which as game as simplistic as F13 cannot afford.

What the OP seems to be struggling to articulate is that he thinks:

1) there should be less effect on how hard it is to break free, which seems sensible given how brutally hard it can be to escape at high fear levels even for an Adam with high composure and high strength; and

2) there's a need for better perks to counter all aspects of the grab mechanic, including how it becomes harder to escape once fear has built, which again is just a balance issue.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yet in the movies he has picked up several large men with little effort, took about 30 punches from a boxer while barely stepping back and knocked his head off in one punch, grabbed a person and thrown them out of a window one handed, crushed a skull until the eyes popped out of a built guy while receiving little to no struggle. 

I get what you are saying but considering there are more cases proving my point than yours, I stand in my convictions. Jason's grip should be extremely difficult to escape. Use a perk if you are having issues with the grip strength. Besides, you pretty much get killed immediate after being grabbed as some pointed out earlier

I do use an epic escape artist. I'm just trying to farm break free without knife for the challenge. On Higgins haven, you can go into the small room and get atleast 2-3

14 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would say reduce Fear's impact on grab strength by about 50% Maybe more reduction for low composure characters and less for high composure characters so Jenny's don't break out in 1 second.

Yeah, you got a point. Though, escape artist shpuld probably cancel it out, so it can be useful

On 10/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, Theiceman105 said:

Nah Grab is fine.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

In every Jason movie who "wins" in the end:  Jason.. or those counselors you think should have no chance of escaping a maneuver that takes .25 seconds to perform at the press of a button. 

I get the swim fast perk 100 times before ever seeing the doesn't-help-at-all versus head punch "escape help" perk.   

Jason never, ever, ever killed everyone.  He always gets it in the end yet in this game some Jasons quit if someone escapes now because its an aberration to them.