Deeify

Should Jason be able to destroy the car?

Should Jason be able to destroy the car?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason be able to destroy the car?

• Yes! Kill them all for their failures!
    • No, seriously? ...just..no...

I've heard that if you're the host (no lag) that the car is actually very easy to drive. I never host matches so I have never experienced this myself. If true, will dedicated servers cut down the lag to make the car easier to control for everyone? If yes, then I'd be ok with the car being able to be destroyed from taking too much damage (it can be destroyed by flipping already anyway). If the dedicated servers won't help with lag then I think it's probably best as is. I'm not opposed to it regardless though. It would certainly ramp up the tension.

As it stands, there are not enough win conditions for the counselors to start removing them from the game. This isn't fixing anything broken and will only lead to problems. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, He's Killing Me said:

It's funny how Jasons still take swings at the car as it goes by them, as if that does anything.  It'd be cool if you could pop the tires with throwing knives or traps.  That would be a new way to trap the car.

When I see a Jason that thoset his when im driving the car,all I can dois just lmao:lol:.Like if i care about him scratching up the car lol when its not mine.

4 hours ago, tiberiusmcqueen said:

Destroy the car? no, but I do think it should extend the time it takes to start the car by a few seconds each time Jason smashes it. There should be some penalty to the car when Jason smashes it repeatedly. Or have a percentage chance that it gets broken too badly to start and a player has to get out, go to the hood and fix it again, and then start the car back up.

Please no.Its hard enough as it is to turn the  car on with Jason newly short stun time. 

12 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I've heard that if you're the host (no lag) that the car is actually very easy to drive. I never host matches so I have never experienced this myself. If true, will dedicated servers cut down the lag to make the car easier to control for everyone? If yes, then I'd be ok with the car being able to be destroyed from taking too much damage (it can be destroyed by flipping already anyway). If the dedicated servers won't help with lag then I think it's probably best as is. I'm not opposed to it regardless though. It would certainly ramp up the tension.

I've never noticed the car being easier to drive as host but I'll have to pay attention next time I am.  I kind of hope not.  Even playing ground for everyone is better.

5 hours ago, Deeify said:

I've never noticed the car being easier to drive as host but I'll have to pay attention next time I am.  I kind of hope not.  Even playing ground for everyone is better.

Agreed. I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical side of online games. I watched a stream of someone playing on pc. As the host of the lobby he said he has no lag whatsoever, so the car handles perfectly for him. Not sure if this applies to consoles as well, or if dedicated servers would make a difference.

He totally should be able to disable the car permanently by ripping the engine to bits. The game is supposed to be hard if your a counselor, so yeah you get one or two attempts with the car until Jason can bust it up.

On a side note I also think Jason should be able to smash the radio and rip the phone off the wall so you can't call the rozzers.

I'd have to say no.

If the Jarvis map has proven anything to me, its that the permanent boat escape will make the playerbase resort to cop rushing constantly. It would no doubt happen on Higgins, Crystal Lake and Packanack too. Especially if its the boat and 2 seater, which would only leave the cops and time limit as ways to win.

Leave the car as is, but I'd be all for other ways to disable the car though.

I voted yes but I don’t really care either way. It makes sense that he could theoretically completely destroy the cars. 

I have noticed that as host when I’m driving the car it’s insanely much more nicer to drive than it is if I’m not the host and have an average connection to another host. 

A few times I’m a curious passenger who has crashed a few times only to have the driver say “screw it” and abandon the car. I’m left confused and getting into the driver seat only to realize that the lag makes the car almost impossible to maneuver unless you’re driving in a straight line. 

On 10/18/2017 at 5:17 PM, tiberiusmcqueen said:

Destroy the car? no, but I do think it should extend the time it takes to start the car by a few seconds each time Jason smashes it. There should be some penalty to the car when Jason smashes it repeatedly. Or have a percentage chance that it gets broken too badly to start and a player has to get out, go to the hood and fix it again, and then start the car back up.

I could get behind this.

14 hours ago, Abstract Daddy said:

I voted yes but I don’t really care either way. It makes sense that he could theoretically completely destroy the cars. 

I have noticed that as host when I’m driving the car it’s insanely much more nicer to drive than it is if I’m not the host and have an average connection to another host. 

A few times I’m a curious passenger who has crashed a few times only to have the driver say “screw it” and abandon the car. I’m left confused and getting into the driver seat only to realize that the lag makes the car almost impossible to maneuver unless you’re driving in a straight line. 

That's one of my favorite stories I posted in a thread once.  I was driving with someone who kept crashing the car.  He got out and said, "you drive".  We switched seats and drove off into the sunset.

4 minutes ago, Deeify said:

That's one of my favorite stories I posted in a thread once.  I was driving with someone who kept crashing the car.  He got out and said, "you drive".  We switched seats and drove off into the sunset.

Yeah I'm always happy when someone says "I suck at driving, you take the keys".

I may not be the best driver but I can usually juke Jason pretty well when I get to drive. At least I know if I crash and end up dying, it's my fault and not someone who should've passed the keys off in the first place.

17 hours ago, Gstar said:

He totally should be able to disable the car permanently by ripping the engine to bits. The game is supposed to be hard if your a counselor, so yeah you get one or two attempts with the car until Jason can bust it up.

On a side note I also think Jason should be able to smash the radio and rip the phone off the wall so you can't call the rozzers.

If we're going to add realism to an already heavily weighted to Jason situation then the car should have gas in the tank and the battery inside it as well as the phone having the fuse in it.  (Otherwise how did the car get where it is).  

But I'm guessing you want realism and options only for one side. 

I think only some Jasons should be allowed to stop cars, mainly the later, undead versions. The earlier incarnations always jumped out of the way of oncoming vehicles in the movies. Parts 4 and earlier should have to rely on traps to stop cars. 

I thought that Jason would've been able to kill people driving the car when this first came out. You can imagine my disappointment when my throwing knives did nothing when I threw them at the windshield.

6 hours ago, va_ghost said:

If we're going to add realism to an already heavily weighted to Jason situation then the car should have gas in the tank and the battery inside it as well as the phone having the fuse in it.  (Otherwise how did the car get where it is).  

But I'm guessing you want realism and options only for one side. 

Wasnt my decsion to have the game work this way. It's not much of a stretch to have a car out of gas in the woods. The battery however, well thats down to the game designers. Personally I would have opted for something more plausible such a tool to repair the engine.

My favorite idea so far is starting the mini-game again to fix the engine, say if Jason smashes it 4 times.  So the car isn't destroyed but you need to repair it again...if you can.  >:-)

Well yes as this happens in Part 6 right? And of course if this where actually a movie I am pretty sure Jason would fuck that car up. So hell yes! No one ever said escaping was easy :D

• Like 1

@Deeify I don’t know about actually destroying the car but I’ll tell ya what I could definitely get down with idea of there being a gas gauge.  And just on the subject of the cars driving those lil tiny vehicles up and down hills and through matterless trees should have some kind of effect.  Example the car moves x% slower when not on a road.  Making it so sure maybe you have to do a little off roading to swerve around Jason but you better get back on th road or you’ll be moving slow enough for even a -shift to catch you.

3 hours ago, UprightChair said:

@Deeify I don’t know about actually destroying the car but I’ll tell ya what I could definitely get down with idea of there being a gas gauge.  And just on the subject of the cars driving those lil tiny vehicles up and down hills and through matterless trees should have some kind of effect.  Example the car moves x% slower when not on a road.  Making it so sure maybe you have to do a little off roading to swerve around Jason but you better get back on th road or you’ll be moving slow enough for even a -shift to catch you.

A gas gauge would be interesting.  That would prevent goof-offs from just doing circles around the map when they realize the Jason is inexperienced.  Although, probably not one they'll feel the need to implement.

I had the car " blow up" on me a long time ago, like maybe 2 or 3 updates ago. It was my first time driving it and I crashed into pretty much everything. After a few of the crashes, the car disappeared and it said Car Destroyed on the map screen.

2 hours ago, AceMyth316 said:

I had the car " blow up" on me a long time ago, like maybe 2 or 3 updates ago. It was my first time driving it and I crashed into pretty much everything. After a few of the crashes, the car disappeared and it said Car Destroyed on the map screen.

I think they did that to explain when a councelor makes it basically immobile.  Like turning it on it's side or running into the lake.  Kind of a side effect of a not so flat battleground.