Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chromeXskull

Fix host migration and disconnects....

Recommended Posts

Since last Friday, I havent been able to complete a match as Jason without some bitch host quitting. It ruins this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop playing quick play and you should stop having this problem... If you don't want to play private matches then suck it up until they give us dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic will probably be closed, but like Truth mentioned Gun Media/IllFonic are looking to give the game dedicated servers in the near future. We still have no idea what the time table looks like, but it's something we're guaranteed to see soon. Would definitely help during the double XP weekeneds as well as weekends on the weeks featuring new content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Truth said:

Stop playing quick play and you should stop having this problem... If you don't want to play private matches then suck it up until they give us dedicated servers.

See this is the kind of response that pisses me off. People sound like a broken record around here. Yes public matches suck. Yes private matches are far superior.  For the millionth time not everyone has enough people online at one time on their friends list to be able to play solely private matches. Even those in the online communities.

Instead of fixing the connection issues the default response is always "duh play private matches."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

See this is the kind of response that pisses me off. People sound like a broken record around here. Yes public matches suck. Yes private matches are far superior.  For the millionth time not everyone has enough people online at one time on their friends list to be able to play solely private matches. Even those in the online communities.

Instead of fixing the connection issues the default response is always "duh play private matches."

You can post on looking for group, you can post it on here, you can invite people from your recent players list, etc. There's plenty of ways to not have to deal with quick play.
This entire post is a broken record. How many times have you seen this EXACT same post? So yes, I do sound like a broken record, because THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN GONE OVER!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same post keeps cropping up on her because people are sick and tired of playing portions of a game only to lose connection either through the host quitting, connection to host lost or connection timed out. No xp or cp gained. No badges earned. As far as I know private matches are still plagued with the last two errors I mentioned. Private matches aren't this invincible shield against the shitty server issues this game has had from the start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toddarino said:

The same post keeps cropping up on her because people are sick and tired of playing portions of a game only to lose connection either through the host quitting, connection to host lost or connection timed out. No xp or cp gained. No badges earned. As far as I know private matches are still plagued with the last two errors I mentioned. Private matches aren't this invincible shield against the shitty server issues this game has had from the start.

I know, I'm right there with you. But all you can do about it is work around it and be patient. Everyone making a new post about an old topic just to bitch about it again doesn't help speed it up. We will get them when we get them. Yes, you may lose connection in private matches. At least you're less likely to play 90% of the match and have the host quit at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...Truth, maybe you should just keep your opinion to yourself. Dont tell me how to play; if i want to play quick play thats my business. But i shouldnt have to start 5 or 6 games just to finish one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bmwheeler85 said:

Well...Truth, maybe you should just keep your opinion to yourself. Dont tell me how to play; if i want to play quick play thats my business. But i shouldnt have to start 5 or 6 games just to finish one. 

All I did was make a suggestion. No need to get upset about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone here has some great points. First, @Truth is right,quit making new threads about this old bullshit. It is annoying to see this same thread pop up at least once a week. It will happen and it's a huge process that times a lot of time, no money and testing. 

Monday morning I played some quick matches and finished 1 game out of 7 in an hour. None finished as Jason, so I definitely get your frustration. I felt like doing the same thing the OP did here. However I also know that it isn't going to help matters any time soon.

Problem I have seen lately, even private matches are dropping a lot again. Playing with @Tattooey twice I was Jason and couldn't finish a game. Some of it is more than just migrating servers. They need to correct a lot of memory leaks again. It's seriously annoying that games won't finish, especially during a double XP weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a glass half full guy for a long time and had patience with the developers,because it's a game, plenty other disasters in the world when put into perspective. But this far along with broken or missing BASIC elements to make a game like this work, gives critics some validation.This is the games forum where people should be allowed to voice there frustrations. The topics have titles so if you know its about criticism, simply don't read it. The complaints I've been reading have become less curse word filled and more with organized thought (which for the record is a better way to start a 2 way discussion). Small company or not, this game is playing on the main stage and it should act like it. They're definitely giving some good DLC stuff and for free so it's reason for me to keep forgiving and waiting, but the "little guy" act maybe doesn't carry any weight when you can get Tom Savini and Kane Hodder to contribute 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Host Migration will not be happening as its a largely flawed system in general. Dedicated servers will be coming to consoles in the near future. Please search for topics using the search feature before creating a new thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...