AJ_isoverrated

Thoughts on Obsessive Jasons?

Anyone else hates those obsessive Jasons that won't leave you alone?

Now I get it,you can play the game however the hell you want but I mean come on!

People over there are fixing the car,calling the cops and you want to kill me so bad that you will ignore everything else,This usually happens because the Jason is friends with others but that's another issue.

I would have Jason's chase me for 10+ minutes at times,I still remember this one game where I spawned in in packanack Lodge and Jason teleported there and literally chased me for a good 7 minutes,some one calls the cops so I'm like "Maybe he will ignore me now" nope still chases me for 5 mins and when the cops finally arrive I somehow managed to juke him for all that time and escape.

I have even made Jasons rage quit because they would chase me for 10 minutes and finally give up and leave.

• Like 4

I honestly don’t mind. If a Jason player wants to ignore other counselors while they’re fixing objectives to chase me, fair game. I consider it a win on my end if I can help anybody escape. If a Jason player starts chasing me, I’ll often start flashing my light at him. That seems to make Jason players go into tunnel vision and focus on you; which gives counselors time to get stuff done. Not sure why flashing your light at them makes them so upset, but I’m not judging. Lol. 

• Like 4

I am a tunnel vision Jason, especially if I get hit or see an objective item in the counselors hand. 

7 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

I honestly don’t mind. If a Jason player wants to ignore other counselors while they’re fixing objectives to chase me, fair game. I consider it a win on my end if I can help anybody escape. If a Jason player starts chasing me, I’ll often start flashing my light at him. That seems to make Jason players go into tunnel vision and focus on you; which gives counselors time to get stuff done. Not sure why flashing your light at them makes them so upset, but I’m not judging. Lol. 

I guess I need to adopt the same mentality as you "if he's chasing me,that means others can have more valuable time to complete objectives"

Cuz currently I don't really give a shit about the others lol. 

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I am a tunnel vision Jason, especially if I get hit or see an objective item in the counselors hand. 

No,I would understand if a Jason is chasing me because I have a key item needed for escaping.

giphy.gif

I play LaChappa. I feel like that pillow every match. :lol:

If they tunnel you. You'll probably die if they obsess about it. Lead them off away from objectives and embrace the hateboner. It is just how some people choose to play.

• Like 4

It's good for the team, and they may be looking for something specific that match rather than trying for 8/8 (special environmental kill near your current position, or checking off that particular Jason's weapon kills).

16 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It's good for the team, and they may be looking for something specific that match rather than trying for 8/8 (special environmental kill near your current position, or checking off that particular Jason's weapon kills).

I seriously doubt someone would chase me for an entire game because they want a specific kill

Tunnel vision is funnel vision. :)

Sometimes I liked to just focus on one person, especially if they were being a jerk, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Tunnel vision is funnel vision. :)

Sometimes I liked to just focus on one person, especially if they were being a jerk, etc.

Reminds me of that one game where I knocked Jason out like 8 times as Chad followed by t bagging,After Jason killed me he spammed the combat stance.Clearly he wasn't very happy with me lol

2 minutes ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

Reminds me of that one game where I knocked Jason out like 8 times as Chad followed by t bagging,After Jason killed me he spammed the combat stance.Clearly he wasn't very happy with me lol

I've seen quite a few rage-quits after I tunnel someone who's been a douche. 

That is a sign of a bad Jason. I'm all over the map and will only stay on a counselor for short amount of time if you are lucky enough to survive for that little time then I'll be off to another player strolling around outside but will be back. You have to play Jason using your head too people forget that for some reason

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean. It seems as if those Jasons don't get you on their first pursuit, they become more dedicated to get the satisfaction of killing you from juking them out. I find it hilarious and just play cat and mouse all day. I also consider it a win if they spend the entire match focusing on me.

I remember a match where there was one 101 in the lobby and for whatever reason, this Jason, who was like a 3 or 4, fixated on that person for the entire match. All of us except that guy escaped via the cops. The Jason got extremely lucky on a shift grab and got him just outside of one of the Higgins Camp cabins near the police exit. I just remember that guy screaming and cursing at this Jason the entire match to leave him alone and chase the rest of us haha.

Let people play how they want..  im kinda doubting that you really escaped or else i dont think you would be making this thread..

3 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Very good point...

There's a fine line to "tunneling" a counselor. As Jason you don't want to be hopping all over the map just because you see movement, you'll never catch anyone doing that. The more you chase a single individual the more their stamina is draining and the higher their fear is rising.

With that said, you can't ignore objectives. Iv lost count at how many times iv been just a step away from reaching a counselor iv been chasing only to hear gas splash, or a battery spark etc and have to cut that chase short to go and focus on an objective. 

If a Jason wants to tunnel and ignore everything else, eh, I consider that a plus as a counselor. Every objective completed while I'm being chased is just a win for me IMO. 

This is why I've been maining Vanessa as of lately (sorry A.J.).  Jason's have a much harder time catching me.  I can waste a Jason's time very well.  There have even been times where I've survived the night running out the clock.

It might be stressful because Jason's always on you, but it allows everyone else in the match to do what they need to escape.  

Yes please tunnel me, especially if im the first counselor found in the first min or 2 of the match. 

Please come waste atleast 8 mins of your time. 

If i spend the whole match running an everyone escapes but me. Im still giddy about it.

Unless you have a personal vendetta against a certain player, obsessing is only a waste of your time. You coulda had 4+ kills instead you only got lil ol' me.

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

There's a fine line to "tunneling" a counselor. As Jason you don't want to be hopping all over the map just because you see movement, you'll never catch anyone doing that. The more you chase a single individual the more their stamina is draining and the higher their fear is rising.

With that said, you can't ignore objectives. Iv lost count at how many times iv been just a step away from reaching a counselor iv been chasing only to hear gas splash, or a battery spark etc and have to cut that chase short to go and focus on an objective. 

If a Jason wants to tunnel and ignore everything else, eh, I consider that a plus as a counselor. Every objective completed while I'm being chased is just a win for me IMO. 

Absolutely. Tunnelling is the best way to let counselors complete objectives, and they know it. A good player will intentionally try to lead you away and waste your time. All I do is morph from objective to objective and check if there's players in proximity that I need to defend it from. There's really no other places you need to be for most of the match. Traps are good but they can be easily bypassed, so you still need to periodically check. If anyone is close by, that is the time to strike. Discourage them from even coming close to an objective.

The only time I really chase a player early on is if they are a repair character or holding an objective item, but even then I don't let myself get distracted, and I especially don't ignore failed skill checks or players near an objective on my radar. Whoever I left, I can always go back for or they will find their way back to me. Once I've picked off majority of the team, then I am free to go to other areas they're in to finish them off. Most players will still attempt to repair something or try to find items, but without the support of their team their chances are slim.

So basically, don't tunnel ever. The aim is not to kill everyone as efficiently as you can, but to remove their options as efficiently as you can. The longer you keep them around with nowhere to go, the easier it is to kill them all.

• Like 2

I actually hate the other players in that instance. Because while i encourage jason to kill me and do whatever, the rest of the team SHOULD be fixing stuff but it RARELY happens. 90% of the time i die, go to cam and see people fuck off into the forest and play with branches. The other 10% they do a mixture of finding a gas can clearly meant for the boat (for instance) and carry it all the way to the 4 seater only to see jason and run off into the woods and die in a random house.

It's infuriating.

• Like 2

What I don't like, and what happens a lot, is being tunneled in the first 2 minutes of a match even when I'm not near an important objective.  But that's usually douchebags in party chat giving away locations.

• Like 1

I learned this in two very different scenario's both as jason. First i tunnelled after an kenny and got myself killed even though i knew what the agenda was. I was just inexperienced and played more or less exactly as they wanted/needed me too. Shame on me.

Second i had an adam who was doing a good job of evading me jumping and moving from these 3 shacks. I pursued him for about 3 maybe 4 minutes. This was mid to late game though. Getting bored i thought i'll consider him later. I morphed to the other side of the map and got a deborah under a bed. With all my abilities nicely recharged i activated stalk, morphed back to where adam had been. Activated sense (oh nice out in the woods dont need to smash no doors in) and shift/grab kill.

Had i hung around he probably would have cost me even more time by disapearing and coming back i was able to catch him with his gaurd down.

They're the inverse of the "at least I was the last survivor" mindset in a lot of counselors.

People who are arrogant about their supposed ability, but garbage at the game, so they set their personal goals incredibly low, and are happy with achieving an easy, medicore, self-declared 'win-condition'. They're playing solitaire to a degree.

Some Jasons ignore everything else, and treat the game as a 1v1 game of cat and mouse. Usually with the first person they encounter. The idea being that they can't lose the main match if they aren't even playing. Who cares if the car leaves? That's not what their goal is.

It's the same with 'last survivor' types. They sit in a corner of the map or under a bed the entire match, and then brag to Jason about how "it took you so long to find me", totally oblivious to the fact that they were no threat at all to any objective, and Jason wasn't even looking for them until now. Jason has far better things to do than randomly look under beds pre-rage for someone who was never a threat. But in their mind - they won.

It speaks to a special kind of person that they constantly play for second place, and then puff themselves up over 'winning' a sub-game that nobody else was aware they were playing, or were supposed to be competing for. The amount of final survivors who've spent the entire match in a closet, then given me shit as I kill them for 'taking so long to find them' is unreal.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

They're the inverse of the "at least I was the last survivor" mindset in a lot of counselors.

People who are arrogant about their supposed ability, but garbage at the game, so they set their personal goals incredibly low, and are happy with achieving an easy, medicore, self-declared 'win-condition'. They're playing solitaire to a degree.

Some Jasons ignore everything else, and treat the game as a 1v1 game of cat and mouse. Usually with the first person they encounter. The idea being that they can't lose the main match if they aren't even playing. Who cares if the car leaves? That's not what their goal is.

It's the same with 'last survivor' types. They sit in a corner of the map or under a bed the entire match, and then brag to Jason about how "it took you so long to find me", totally oblivious to the fact that they were no threat at all to any objective, and Jason wasn't even looking for them until now. Jason has far better things to do than randomly look under beds pre-rage for someone who was never a threat. But in their mind - they won.

It speaks to a special kind of person that they constantly play for second place, and then puff themselves up over 'winning' a sub-game that nobody else was aware they were playing, or were supposed to be competing for. The amount of final survivors who've spent the entire match in a closet, then given me shit as I kill them for 'taking so long to find them' is unreal.

Billy-D_Approves.gif Well said.