HorrorMan77

What is your prediction on the Jason Part 4 and Jarvis House Release

Hello Everyone I hope all is good I I'm intrigued to know what is your prediction on the Jason part 4 and Jarvis house release date ? I am really excited about this map and Jason.

I am sure there are plenty of other threads on this, but current speculation has it pegged for physical release. If you look at the road map, quite a bit of new content is still left before Halloween. Do you guys think new clothing, counselors, and kills will also come with it? 

Hopefully today lmao. Nah, joking aside I feel like it will come out on the 13th. That's the most perfect date for this DLC. 

• Like 1

Like @PrestonDelRey said, it would totally make sense for the team to do a HUGE content dump on the 13th, in celebration of the day and the game’s/film series’ namesake.

I would love for the team to plot out other big content dumps for future Friday the 13ths as well, giving us campers something to look forward to always.

• Like 3

Either the 13th when physical copy is released.

Or as I hope, this friday a week before to get us hyped for physical release.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yoda said:

Either the 13th when physical copy is released.

Or as I hope, this friday a week before to get us hyped for physical release.

Is there really anything to get hyped about for physical release? It's the same game just in a plastic case. Am I missing something?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Is there really anything to get hyped about for physical release? It's same game just in a plastic case. Am I missing something?

Well the bloody jason skins are coming on release day so that's hypeworthy-ish?

Other than that just for the collector's out there that still get physical copies nowadays.

Just now, Yoda said:

Other than that just for the collector's out there that still get physical copies nowadays.

I guess? I don't know if it's really hype-worthy though. Other than current pre-orders, everyone who bought the physical edition received a digital code for the game. As nice as some new skins may be, they won't add anything to the game other than a fleeting aesthetic change. The issues will remain.

38 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Is there really anything to get hyped about for physical release? It's same game just in a plastic case. Am I missing something?

33 minutes ago, Yoda said:

There’s also an exclusive clothing pack for the physical edition as well. Really hoping to get some deets on that soon, I’m praying it’s not just more colors of the existing outfits.

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

There’s also an exclusive clothing pack for the physical edition as well. Really hoping to get some deets on that soon, I’m praying it’s not just more colors of the existing outfits.

Well if it is just more colors on existing outfits just be happy you didn't have to spend an extra 9$ that myself bears and thousands of others did!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HorrorMan77 said:

Hello Everyone I hope all is good I I'm intrigued to know what is your prediction on the Jason part 4 and Jarvis house release date ? I am really excited about this map and Jason.

+Can Run

I Don't understand why people keep saying that the population of the game will rise from psychical sells. Like I can see a bit but I highly doubt in this day and age that most have not found how much easier it is to just buy digital and most of the sales for the physical will be from collectors that already own the game. Like people said I don't see the hype I honestly don't care at all and a bloody Jason doesn't get me thrilled either. People act like it's gonna sell another few million lol its 2017 I'm pretty sure most don't live under rocks

27 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

I Don't understand why people keep saying that the population of the game will rise from psychical sells. Like I can see a bit but I highly doubt in this day and age that most have not found how much easier it is to just buy digital and most of the sales for the physical will be from collectors that already own the game. Like people said I don't see the hype I honestly don't care at all and a bloody Jason doesn't get me thrilled either. People act like it's gonna sell another few million lol its 2017 I'm pretty sure most don't live under rocks

Well, the fact is most gamers are casuals. Many don't even follow gaming news outlets online or magazines anymore. People see something they like sitting on a shelf and buy it. I doubt it will sell a million copies or anything like that, but it will likely bring in a pretty big influx of new blood. One forum member a few days ago, can't remember who it was, was playing a different game with some people who hadn't even heard of the game. More than a dozen seemed interested. If GUN/Illfonic play it right and get this shit fixed up, I think a lot of more people will be joining our ranks.

I predict I will run into the Jarvis house in my first round, find Tommy's room, lock myself in, and look at the details in the room.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I predict I will run into the Jarvis house in my first round, find Tommy's room, lock myself in, and look at the details in the room.

Yeah. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the details on the map.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'll jump out of the octagonal window in the party house that Trish jumped out of and probably die.  But it will be worth it.

• Like 1

I think the J4 content will come out a week before or a week after the 13th. They'll want to make sure the servers are ready for an (potential) influx of new players on the 13th. Potential bugs in the J4 content on the same day seems like a suicidal idea. 

If there is a bunch of new players after the physical launch, I hope we can take them in graciously. We all have a ton of experience with the game which is going to make things rough on the newbies. I'd hate to see potential players abandon the game because of more experienced players trashing them for not knowing the ins and outs the way we do. I already see it, and I try to stand up to those who bully a Jason who is obviously new to the game. If we want this community to continue to grow we have to help make it a positive and fun experience for everyone.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I think the J4 content will come out a week before or a week after the 13th. They'll want to make sure the servers are ready for an (potential) influx of new players on the 13th. Potential bugs in the J4 content on the same day seems like a suicidal idea. 

If there is a bunch of new players after the physical launch, I hope we can take them in graciously. We all have a ton of experience with the game which is going to make things rough on the newbies. I'd hate to see potential players abandon the game because of more experienced players trashing them for not knowing the ins and outs the way we do. I already see it, and I try to stand up to those who bully a Jason who is obviously new to the game. If we want this community to continue to grow we have to help make it a positive and fun experience for everyone.

yea mayn hope so... the code written on the physical release should have been done some time ago... thats why i think the road map dlc to Halloween has been finished for some time now.  I absolutely cant wait for dedicated servers!! tbh i havent been laying much lately cuz weak ass players keep rage quitting... that and ppl will talk trash then host/rage quit when death is all up in there face!!

its fine cuz i still count the quitters as kills but when they are the first ppl u kill after finally being jason then u get a host qut........"fuuuuuuuk that...... i gotta wait to find a room all over again?"

i guess i  could create a private match and do all that but... in all honesty i love playing quick matches... i dont wanna mic up with anyone... i treat online matches as single player matches... anyways.. yea... dedicated servers... soon

We will most likely get the update a week or a couple days before pysical launch, hopefully it will include the new clothes/kills and Dedicated Servers. I also preordered my pysical copy just to get the exclusive DLC, lol.

My prediction? Pain. I'm feeling good for this month. Either the physical launch date on the 13th, or in time for Halloween.

I'd like the former, but that's gonna be a big day (particularly for the servers!) so perhaps the latter is a little less crazy time to try to push new content.
Especially when the 13th is going to be adding in a couple new bits with the Bloody Jasons and the new clothing options anyway.

• Like 1