Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NoOneK9503

Question about "likes"

Recommended Posts

Why we can only give 10 likes per day?

That's a bit unfair...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Likes" appear to serve to show which posts are valued by the community and which aren't. The fact that they are limited, increases their value. 

It's not a way to verify that you read a post, as in some other formats, but a way to assign value to the post. The "like" means more when you know someone only has a few to give and chose to give one to your post. It's also a way to see if someone posts "just to post" or if they contribute to the boards in a meaningful way.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

"Likes" appear to serve to show which posts are valued by the community and which aren't. The fact that they are limited, increases their value. 

It's not a way to verify that you read a post, as in some other formats, but a way to assign value to the post. The "like" means more when you know someone only has a few to give and chose to give one to your post. It's also a way to see if someone posts "just to post" or if they contribute to the boards in a meaningful way.

Couldn't have said it better myself :) You guys get 10 per day, but we mods and admins get unlimited! 

I don't give out likes that often though so if you get one from me, your post was good :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

.... but we mods and admins get unlimited!

:rolleyes:

My guess is that @JPops likes nothing or no one. LOL. I've never seen him actually "like" a post. :lol:

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

"Likes" appear to serve to show which posts are valued by the community and which aren't. The fact that they are limited, increases their value. 

It's not a way to verify that you read a post, as in some other formats, but a way to assign value to the post. The "like" means more when you know someone only has a few to give and chose to give one to your post. It's also a way to see if someone posts "just to post" or if they contribute to the boards in a meaningful way.

Out of likes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

:rolleyes:

My guess is that @JPops likes nothing or no one. LOL. I've never seen him actually "like" a post. :lol:

giphy.gif

Likes are kind of like an autograph. The less there are in circulation the more they are worth ;)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JPops said:

Likes are kind of like an autograph. The less there are in circulation the more they are worth ;)

Here, have a like from my unlimited like bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alkavian said:

:rolleyes:

My guess is that @JPops likes nothing or no one. LOL. I've never seen him actually "like" a post. :lol:

giphy.gif

Proof of a @JPops like

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Proof of a @JPops like

 

It is Patterson footage...

May 12. So sometime after that date JPops ran out if f#@ks to give. ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 6:03 PM, Kodiak said:

Couldn't have said it better myself :) You guys get 10 per day, but we mods and admins get unlimited!

...wait, we do?

I guess that shows what a miser I am with mine :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

...wait, we do?

I guess that shows what a miser I am with mine :P

tenor.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...