Sign in to follow this  
NoOneK9503

Question about "likes"

Why we can only give 10 likes per day?

That's a bit unfair...

• Like 6

"Likes" appear to serve to show which posts are valued by the community and which aren't. The fact that they are limited, increases their value. 

It's not a way to verify that you read a post, as in some other formats, but a way to assign value to the post. The "like" means more when you know someone only has a few to give and chose to give one to your post. It's also a way to see if someone posts "just to post" or if they contribute to the boards in a meaningful way.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

"Likes" appear to serve to show which posts are valued by the community and which aren't. The fact that they are limited, increases their value. 

It's not a way to verify that you read a post, as in some other formats, but a way to assign value to the post. The "like" means more when you know someone only has a few to give and chose to give one to your post. It's also a way to see if someone posts "just to post" or if they contribute to the boards in a meaningful way.

Couldn't have said it better myself :) You guys get 10 per day, but we mods and admins get unlimited! 

I don't give out likes that often though so if you get one from me, your post was good :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

.... but we mods and admins get unlimited!

:rolleyes:

My guess is that @JPops likes nothing or no one. LOL. I've never seen him actually "like" a post. :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Out of likes

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

My guess is that @JPops likes nothing or no one. LOL. I've never seen him actually "like" a post. :lol:

giphy.gif

Likes are kind of like an autograph. The less there are in circulation the more they are worth ;)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, JPops said:

Likes are kind of like an autograph. The less there are in circulation the more they are worth ;)

Here, have a like from my unlimited like bank.

14 hours ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

Proof of a @JPops like

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Proof of a @JPops like

It is Patterson footage...

May 12. So sometime after that date JPops ran out if f#@ks to give. ??

On 9/29/2017 at 6:03 PM, Kodiak said:

Couldn't have said it better myself :) You guys get 10 per day, but we mods and admins get unlimited!

...wait, we do?

I guess that shows what a miser I am with mine :P

5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

...wait, we do?

I guess that shows what a miser I am with mine :P

tenor.gif

• Like 1