Sign in to follow this  
Logo401

Server Help

Hey all members of the F13 Forum.

I'm having an issue getting into matches. Ever since the small maps update, Matchmaking just stopped working for me. Prior to that, I was able to get into matches relatively easy. I live in South Africa, so I'd usually get a minimum of 220 ping, that was on good days. Other days it would go above 300, but that's besides the point. I could get into matches before the small maps update. After that update, Matchmaking would never go beyond 2 minutes of searching and throw me into an empty lobby that I was the leader of that no on would join. I once waited half an hour in one of those lobbies and it was still empty.

I ended up searching around and found that you could access the servers via the steam server browser. It worked for a bit but then stopped picking up F13 servers and now I'm back at square 1. I've tried posting on the steam discussions and have not found any answers. So I'm hoping maybe someone here could help me. What happened to the servers in the server browser? And does anyone else suffer with quick play not doing what it's supposed to? I play on PC btw.

2 hours ago, Logo401 said:

Hey all members of the F13 Forum.

I'm having an issue getting into matches. Ever since the small maps update, Matchmaking just stopped working for me. Prior to that, I was able to get into matches relatively easy. I live in South Africa, so I'd usually get a minimum of 220 ping, that was on good days. Other days it would go above 300, but that's besides the point. I could get into matches before the small maps update. After that update, Matchmaking would never go beyond 2 minutes of searching and throw me into an empty lobby that I was the leader of that no on would join. I once waited half an hour in one of those lobbies and it was still empty.

I ended up searching around and found that you could access the servers via the steam server browser. It worked for a bit but then stopped picking up F13 servers and now I'm back at square 1. I've tried posting on the steam discussions and have not found any answers. So I'm hoping maybe someone here could help me. What happened to the servers in the server browser? And does anyone else suffer with quick play not doing what it's supposed to? I play on PC btw.

Maybe @Gertz can help with this?

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Maybe @Gertz can help with this?

Any help would be appreciated because I'm at a point where I want to play the game, but nothing I do will get me into a match and I'm out of ideas.

What system are you playing on? If on Xbox, go to Looking For Group, and join a match off of a gamer tag.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

What system are you playing on? If on Xbox, go to Looking For Group, and join a match off of a gamer tag.

I'm playing on PC, so can't do that. Thanks though.

Try adding people from the gamer tags thread and then u should have enough people to just do private games 

Hey logo401,  Im also from South Africa . I have been experiencing the same issue ever since the small map update came out . 

Please forward your logs and dxdiag over to f13game@fearthegun.com. 

SteamID usernames/URLs are also appreciated. 

On 02/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

I've been so busy lately, completely forgot about this thread, I would absolutely love to do that, but I am unsure on how to obtain these files as I don't have any experience with these kinds of things. Any guidance would be really appreciated. I've also sent an email to f13game@fearthegun.com. I hope I did it right.

I am also from South Africa and I am experiencing the exact same thing on Steam for the passed 2 - 3 weeks. Haven't been able to play a match at all in that time. I just tried again, queued 3 times and each time it took about 3 minutes of searching for a dedicated server before I am placed into my own lobby which no-one would join. Spent over an hour trying, and nothing. Really want to play a match again but don't want to waste an hour every time trying just to get no results. 

I'm hoping that dedicated servers will come early or on the 13th. I asked the devs and got no response. Hopefully they will arrive sooner, instead of later. 

On 10/7/2017 at 3:24 PM, Brian76 said:

I'm hoping that dedicated servers will come early or on the 13th. I asked the devs and got no response. Hopefully they will arrive sooner, instead of later. 

Awhile back they said about 1-2 months/couple months, depending on who you cite. Going from that time frame, dedicated servers will likely come at the end of the month. I doubt they'll be up for the 13th.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 11:29 PM, Logo401 said:

I've been so busy lately, completely forgot about this thread, I would absolutely love to do that, but I am unsure on how to obtain these files as I don't have any experience with these kinds of things. Any guidance would be really appreciated. I've also sent an email to f13game@fearthegun.com. I hope I did it right.

On 02/10/2017 at 9:04 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

To get your DXDiag details: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200642711-What-is-a-dxdiag-file-How-do-I-send-one-

To get your SteamID: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230631407-How-do-I-locate-my-Steam-ID-