Sign in to follow this  
Dkop27

I'm a little scared for this game.

A lot of people are still turned off of buying digital only games, so the physical release should give Consoles a big boost.

I think October could be the biggest month for this game since release. Lets hope the DLC drops by then, and probably a digital sale around Halloween. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoxingRouge said:

The biggest base of players are on console and with all the new dlc coming plus new Maps/Jason and features, and physical release around the corner, there's going to be a big spike in players across PlayStation, XBOX, and Steam.

I really hope you're right. I adore this game, and this franchise, and I want it to do as well as possible.

• Like 1

Yeah digital is not very "visible" to the average consumer. They better get this shit polished and straight before the physical release or the impact will be much more significant. I think they realize this. The dedicated fans of the franchise are absolute teddy bears <_<:blink: compared to ravings of the unwashed masses. Make a bad impression by screwing up the game after physical release and I'd suspect there will be hell to pay with long-term survivability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dkop27 said:

I really hope you're right. I adore this game, and this franchise, and I want it to do as well as possible.

Me too, it's the 7th most download game on the PlayStation store still.

I'm confident that if Single Player can provide a proper respite for weary players the game will soldier on.  The biggest problem with this game is that frustrations with toxic people in lobbies, players who are still glitching/exploiting/body-blocking traps, and the regular issues with game mechanics leads many (including myself) to seek out another game to play in order to cool down.  Single player mode would allow us to not only hone our skills as Jason (without the peanut gallery chiming in at how bad we are) it would also provide another avenue for us to still enjoy the game and this franchise without getting burned out or leaving the game for another.  The DLC will certainly add some layers to this game but it, unfortunately, won't make toxic players non-toxic.  Single Player will be a welcome distraction. I agree with dandop1984 that the timing of the Physical release on Friday the 13th and Halloween just around the corner will bring a lot of new players to the table.  Shake the snowglobe (so to speak). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 8bitbobby said:

I'm confident that if Single Player can provide a proper respite for weary players the game will soldier on.  The biggest problem with this game is that frustrations with toxic people in lobbies, players who are still glitching/exploiting/body-blocking traps, and the regular issues with game mechanics leads many (including myself) to seek out another game to play in order to cool down.  Single player mode would allow us to not only hone our skills as Jason (without the peanut gallery chiming in at how bad we are) it would also provide another avenue for us to still enjoy the game and this franchise without getting burned out or leaving the game for another.  The DLC will certainly add some layers to this game but it, unfortunately, won't make toxic players non-toxic.  Single Player will be a welcome distraction. I agree with dandop1984 that the timing of the Physical release on Friday the 13th and Halloween just around the corner will bring a lot of new players to the table.  Shake the snowglobe (so to speak). 

I think traps should do more damage. I can body block two just fine, use a first aid spray, and be back to near full health like nothing happened. If you step in one that should be almost it, or you die if you had a little bit of damage. 

8 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

A lot of people are still turned off of buying digital only games, so the physical release should give Consoles a big boost.

I think October in may be the biggest month for this game since release. Lets hope the DLC drops by then, and probably a digital sale around Halloween. 

I bought digital with the express intent to buy it again when physical hits. I really dislike not having physical copies of something and I almost held off entirely until the physical release but decided that I'd rather play it now than wait.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

I bought digital with the express intent to buy it again when physical hits. I really dislike not having physical copies of something and I almost held off entirely until the physical release but decided that I'd rather play it now than wait.

It's a good thing you did, or you would have been waiting considerably longer to scratch that itch to kill horny teens. :P

I'm burned out and waiting for new content. Plenty of other games to play at the moment but will come back when more content comes out.

On 9/14/2017 at 2:52 AM, B0bZomb1e said:

Well PC gamers are pretty fickle anyways, they flock to new games and leave them in months. They can never be expected to play anything that isn't hugely competitive, constantly changing, or being opened for mods for any real length of time. 

The only PC games that will truly withhold a playerbase will be games like Counter Strike, Overwatch, PUBG, fuckin Rocket League, shit like that. Were you can flaunt how "good" you are to others in head to head "combat".

The vast majority do not play games for fun, they play to prove something and to win. Casual games have almost no place for PC players. 

RPGs are were they get their casual fixes. Other then that, 5 months is about the usual lifeline of non competitive games.

TLDR: this is all my own opinion based on my experiences and perception. Im no expert.

There are currently 3,354 people playing fallout new vegas. What is that? 7 years old.

Over 30,000 people playing the various Skyrim Games.

1335 playing empire at war.

DOTA 2 (5 years old) 742,000

24,000 are playing civilization 5, which isn't even the current version of that game.

There are 18,000 people playing something called Euro Tuck Simulator 2.

Unturned is a 3 year old game I have never heard of. 23,000 people are playing it.

Farming Simulator has 7, 310 players.

No Man's Sky, 1600 players.

Football Manager 2014 1500.

All I am saying is, older or less known games have more players. I don't think you can say that PC players are fickle. In fact, I would argue that we hold on to and play our games for longer, based on what I see from the numbers.

PC is in fact the home of casual gaming an longevity, as it is the home of moding and the place where you can utilize a system that is multi-purpose, unlike gaming consoles, which have yet to do my taxes for me, or help me with my powerpoint presentation.

The only platform more casual thatn pc is tablet. My wife loves her covet fashion. My wife thinks my games are dumb.

I recognize this is your opinion, and I am not attempting to change your mind, or even to attack you, though it may have come across that way. I am merely ttrying to lay out the counter point.

PC is a longevity platform.

There may be some truth to your claims about the puffed up pc master race culture only wanting games of glory and epeen stroking.

Looking at sales charts for xbox and ps4 will show the same. It will also show that sports games are huge.

I also wanted to point out how older games have a much stronger player base than this one.

I think pc gamers have little patience for misfit toys though. This is a broken game, and too many people balk atg broken games on pc because often you will see a dude in his mom's basement with a tin can and some string, patch a broken game faster than the developers have.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2017 at 6:37 AM, Mr. Blonde said:

Let's see:

1.) Game has no depth and was made mainly for casuals to play occasionally on weekend nights.

2.) Game is super repetitive and gets boring and stale faster than your average video game today.

3.) Jason isn't that good in his own game and goes toe to toe with the counselor's instead of completely crapping on them and it being an extreme challenge to "escape"

4.) There's no rank modes, different game modes to choose from, or lobby customization options to change the gameplay to suit your needs

And you really wonder why the game is "dying"? LOL

I don't find the game to be boring at all and I play with my friends all the time for hours. There are plenty of games (especially board games) that are repetitive but the way things play out is what makes it fun. Also, points 1 and 2 could probably be combined.

2 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

(SNIP)

No Man's Sky, 1600 players...

(SNIP)

I think pc gamers have little patience for misfit toys though. This is a broken game, and too many people balk atg broken games on pc because often you will see a dude in his mom's basement with a tin can and some string, patch a broken game faster than the developers have.

600483b4da5baaf2fa1b5b3960c4ef02.jpg   They have surprisingly more patience than I thought.:blink:

GOOD NEWS! I think the Devs will be forgiven for the mistakes. Let's make this game great!

Nacho_Then-We-Must-Go-Pro.gif

No more rookie mistakes! Let's do this @Gertz @GunMedia_Ben

We have spent too much time worrying about our stretchy pants....this game must stand the test of time! When we get the physical release, we must "baptize" a loyal player base with a solid working game!

tenor.gif

That is how we win over hearts and minds....

tumblr_ms6fn5R94S1qfywy0o1_400.gif

• Like 1

If this games physical release flops then PC will remain dead & the consoles will follow behind.

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

600483b4da5baaf2fa1b5b3960c4ef02.jpg   They have surprisingly more patience than I thought.:blink:

Yeah that one surprised me too. And scared me a bit considering they had more players...

Not @Alkavian : at several others though:

I see people talking about repetitive. You know what the top selling game of the last month was?

Madden. You know what madden has been for nearly thirty years? Throw the ball. Catch the ball. Run the ball. Oh sure they have changed a bit over time with their ultimate team thing, but for godsakes, same damn game every year. Same damn game every time you play it, or atleast it is in the same way this is the same game every time.

Actually scratch that.... Madden has 1 map. It is green. It has white lines. It is 100 yards long.

Best selling game.

Same rules, same patterns, same plays, over and over again.

Repetition isn't really the problem.... unless it is repetition of bugs.

Also, you can't niche market a video game to dudes living in their mom's basement... ok Star Wars does it (kidding), but no one else can. Casual is not a dirty word.

The average gamer... seriously now, plays 6.5 hours of video games a week. Millions of people do that. Millions.

Right now, the hard core gamer is the one playing on Steam. Around 10,000. I am ok with the millions getting games. I am not sure what the difference would be if this game was targeted at the "hardcore" 10 hours a day gamer. I can assure you it would not be pleasant.

Casual, or soft core gamers, let's call them the middle ground between the people who play fallout shelter and the people who mainline mountain dew while playing Dark Souls until the callouses on their thumbs start bleeding, don't want to be frustrated by team killing or massive bugs or dirt bags calling them fucking retarded for not doing something.

Those people want to play a working game that is fun and offers good natured competition and sportsman like ribbing.

Just now, Definitelynotjason said:

Repetition isn't really the problem.... unless it is repetition of bugs.

QJCES0b.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I really do have to work on my multi-media presentations don't I?

FeminineSecondhandBillygoat-max-1mb.gif

Practice makes perfect....and having a vast useless repertoire of pop culture references floating around in your head doesn't hurt.

i hope to god this game does not die in PC and I'm lucky to meet new people most of the time but if you guys are right about the numbers we are gonna be in big trouble

Please be physical copies do good and there's no glitches >_<

tenor.gif

Ok, something that has come up several times in several thread is the physical release.

I just watched the trailer, and read through their twitter.

There is zero indication PC will get a physical release. PS4 and XBox have a physical package shown, and a rating from ESRB. Nothing at all for PC.

This begs the question @GunMedia_Ben can you comment on whether or not PC is getting a physical release? What about backers on PC? I have no idea if there were any who bought at that level, but still asking.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:46 PM, bewareofbears said:

There are 781 on at the moment according to Steam Charts. This game is currently dead on PC.

I'd take that bet. :)

Without any data to back up your statement I'm going to say thinking consoles are doing way better is purely wishful thinking.

Well in general console versions do better. The fact is that PC gaming is very niche, while I'd say roughly 80% of households own a console. It's easier for the masses since there's no tinkering and possible troubleshooting. They just have to plug it in and play. PC on the other hand is for the enthusiast. It would be nice if you could see console numbers, but we're more likely to see Jesus before we can see how many people are playing on consoles.

9 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

1. There are currently 3,354 people playing fallout new vegas. What is that? 7 years old.

2. Over 30,000 people playing the various Skyrim Games.

3. 1335 playing empire at war.

4. DOTA 2 (5 years old) 742,000

5. 24,000 are playing civilization 5, which isn't even the current version of that game.

6. There are 18,000 people playing something called Euro Tuck Simulator 2.

7. Unturned is a 3 year old game I have never heard of. 23,000 people are playing it.

8. Farming Simulator has 7, 310 players.

9. No Man's Sky, 1600 players.

10. Football Manager 2014 1500.

11. All I am saying is, older or less known games have more players. I don't think you can say that PC players are fickle. In fact, I would argue that we hold on to and play our games for longer, based on what I see from the numbers.

PC is in fact the home of casual gaming an longevity, as it is the home of moding and the place where you can utilize a system that is multi-purpose, unlike gaming consoles, which have yet to do my taxes for me, or help me with my powerpoint presentation.

12. The only platform more casual thatn pc is tablet. My wife loves her covet fashion. My wife thinks my games are dumb.

13. I recognize this is your opinion, and I am not attempting to change your mind, or even to attack you, though it may have come across that way. I am merely ttrying to lay out the counter point.

14. PC is a longevity platform.

There may be some truth to your claims about the puffed up pc master race culture only wanting games of glory and epeen stroking.

Looking at sales charts for xbox and ps4 will show the same. It will also show that sports games are huge.

I also wanted to point out how older games have a much stronger player base than this one.

15. I think pc gamers have little patience for misfit toys though. This is a broken game, and too many people balk atg broken games on pc because often you will see a dude in his mom's basement with a tin can and some string, patch a broken game faster than the developers have.

Im going to attempt to answer each point youve made or atleast touch base on my view/understanding of each. So im going to number them in your quote so i can keep pace.

1. & 2. Both of those games have huge followings for my point on The only PC games that keep players. They are RPGs and they are open to Modding. Which i did claim was focal points to longevity.

3. Empire at war is Star Wars classic RTS that i believe is also open for mods. Basically anything open to mods, regardless of age will retain players.

4. Its DOTA man, its the OG Warcraft rip off/grandfather of League of legends. Its is pure competitive MOBA an falls right under the type of game i said wld survive. 

5. This is extra funny to me, because Civ 6 is hot dumpster trash an i love that people are still playing 5, probably more then 6. An ill assume people are still playing Civ 5 because its one of the last half decent RTS games to come out in an effin Decade an is pretty competitive if i remember correctly.

6 & 8 ill assume these two oddities are either open to mods or maybe there's just that much mindless fun to be had. I really have nothing on these two.

Back to 7.  Unturned is a Zombie survival Minecraft rip off to the T. I have NO IDEA why anyone wld play this or Minecraft itself for that matter, but hey, play what you wana play lol

9. No mans Sky has so much wrong with it i feel like the 1600 people you see are being tricked or forced to play it. But i digress lol 

10. Uhhh ive got no idea or opinion on what that even is, but its sports related so itll always have some semblance somehow 

11. I stand by my opinion of their fickle-ness(?) i just do not see strong long term backers.

PC players are like the dreamers and music makers, if you give them the power of mods in almost any game, hundreds will dump hundreds more hours into it just to create and build of their own accord. If that was even possible on a console it would yeild the same results. People LOVE to do their own thing.

Im not going to touch on the multi use tidbit, you paid almost 4x the cost of my console. It SHLD do your effin taxes mate lmao.

12. Ahh Wife's....what a grand ol entity they are, ever frustrated with a man and his toys, regardless of what they are, because the simple fact is that they aren't her an they hate that lmao i know exactly what you mean.

13. This is my favorite thing you said, because its rare to have such pleasantries traded in the "online discussion" communities, and i respect your ideals. This is literally how you have a discussion folks, the recognition, and admittance of varying yet viable Opinions.

14. In terms of console sales, Sports games are always easy sellers and console is indeed the more casual of gaming platforms, but there are ALOT of casual sports game players an id bet the majority are older gamers with consoles. 

I also want to point out (without seeming snarky) that alot of older games have more to offer then this one too. In terms of actual gameplay, collection, and progression.

15. This one i just agree with, these devs are rather slow, im guessing because of the multi platforms. Either way, its aggravating the more fickle( ? ) half of the playerbase. Also, id like to add that alot of Multiplayer only games are short lived on PC to. Maybe its the repetitive natures of the games or issue with balancing but hordes of MP only games come and go across PC these days.

Thank you for you time and thoughts man ✌

13 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

To be fair you listed a lot of games meant to have a lot of longevity and be played for many many hours to complete them or have high replayability due to multiple runs and such.  F13 in comparison is not very robust.  We've got three maps and three mini-versions of those maps and simple mechanics that are pretty much standard across all the char types (IE, nobody does anything special that needs to be mastered, they all do the same thing just some slightly better than others).  Some of those games also have major modding communities that inject freshness and allow players to customize their gameplay.  Others, like No Man's Sky, have just experienced massive updates that renewed and changed things, bringing players back to what is already a grind-type experience that's meant to encourage hours and hours of play just to get anywhere.

That's not to criticize anything you said, really.  Just that F13 has the feel of a novelty item, a very simple game experience that has no depth, minimal kinda boring unlocks, and not much in the way of skill improvement.  A game like that will have a hard time retaining players.  There's a reason trolling and rage quitting is so common, and not just because people suck.  It's because people tend to get bored with the game very quickly and feel they've seen/experienced all it has to offer so start to just mess around.  I like the game but have put it aside for long periods myself, and am really only still playing it because I love horror survival games, and am willing to overlook all its bugs and shortcomings.  It's not a well made or deep piece of software tho.  It just isn't.

On 9/14/2017 at 0:26 AM, Dkop27 said:

What?

Dude this is currently a beta. Don't the title fool you. Gun and Illfonic are working on making it a game. The next patch is being finalized. With the amount of bugs and glitches, this was basically a beta. There was even things that were promised at launch that we still don't have. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't relay on a big boost from physical, its a buy time of year for games, you have all the new sports game, assassin's creed, foza, call of duty,need for speed marvel vs capcom, south park, and its right now when people start saving up for holiday spending, including game sales. So a very crowded market with games that have massive advertisement and backing  vs this game, doesn't look great. And not saying it will happen but i could see people picking up DBD cause it's 10 dollars cheaper. 

I would love for this game to have a long life, its fun as hell, but less fun with each patch that changes things for the worse, even intended things like the window smash. I've gotten more than my 40 dollars of entertainment of out it, but i've gotten double my monies worth of frustration too. 

so i'd temper my expectations a bit. the new content will bring people back, but also i'm sure people are going to give it a wait and see approach after how the game as been. the rough timeline we have for new stuff should have people keeping an eye out, so i hope they can stay on track, but if they start missing the the dates they put on the road map even though it says a rough time line, people will not comeback.