Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Master

Stun time cooldown

I see lately that after these months in the game,people have found the right pattern to stun Jason continuously.If u run across a team of premades or coordinated players they can stun Jason over and over again.I dont like to experience it as Jason and i feel bad when it happens to other Jasons.It seems to me that this is one of the things in the game that there is something really really wrong with it.

1.After breaking a door and entering,Jason can be stunned immediately without being able to block instanlty.This happens also when he is in "rage",and its even easier to stun him.So much for the rage lol.He gets stunned with a bat hit.And this can just go on since they will go to the next house,do the same thing and so on.

2.After grabbing the driver out of the car,he can be stunned immediately.This is so important.It means that with 2 or more players around the stopped car,Jason cant even kill anyone.Its a circe that keeps on going until they start the car and leave.

3After finishing the stun animation,he can be stunned again immediately,I mean come on.

These are just three examples of the reasons why i think there should be a cooldown in stuns.Since this game is about decisions,survival and all that,I think that as counselors,we should be forced to think more before we do things in the game."should i use the firecrackers now or leave them for the last moment when i really need them?" ,"if i hit him now i wont be able to stun him for a while and he could catch me" etc etc.

Jason should be able to have the time to stand on his feet against 4-5 counselors at the same time.I guess in "friday the 13th" a balanced Jason is an op Jason,but i dont think this is happening these days.

Point 3 is a bug and will be fixed in the next patch if I'm not wrong. The other 2 points don't really bother me. As counselor you gotta have a surviving chance. If they change the points you mentioned, Jason would be too OP. Point 1 isn't actually an issue, because as Jason you can break the door by using Combat Stance. After breaking the door you'll be able to block immediately, which is in my opinion a little broken.

• Like 1

On 12.09.2017 at 2:09 AM, Shadow_Master said:

I see lately that after these months in the game,people have found the right pattern to stun Jason continuously.If u run across a team of premades or coordinated players they can stun Jason over and over again.I dont like to experience it as Jason and i feel bad when it happens to other Jasons.It seems to me that this is one of the things in the game that there is something really really wrong with it.

1.After breaking a door and entering,Jason can be stunned immediately without being able to block instanlty.This happens also when he is in "rage",and its even easier to stun him.So much for the rage lol.He gets stunned with a bat hit.And this can just go on since they will go to the next house,do the same thing and so on.

2.After grabbing the driver out of the car,he can be stunned immediately.This is so important.It means that with 2 or more players around the stopped car,Jason cant even kill anyone.Its a circe that keeps on going until they start the car and leave.

3After finishing the stun animation,he can be stunned again immediately,I mean come on.

These are just three examples of the reasons why i think there should be a cooldown in stuns.Since this game is about decisions,survival and all that,I think that as counselors,we should be forced to think more before we do things in the game."should i use the firecrackers now or leave them for the last moment when i really need them?" ,"if i hit him now i wont be able to stun him for a while and he could catch me" etc etc.

Jason should be able to have the time to stand on his feet against 4-5 counselors at the same time.I guess in "friday the 13th" a balanced Jason is an op Jason,but i dont think this is happening these days.

1) Well, it always worked that way, but for some reason, last time i was trying to hit Jason right after he broke the door - in one time out of 3 he just doesn't get stunned. Even with a bat. Even with heavy hit with a bat. I get "fight back" bonus, but no "stunner" and then he just tries to grab me immedeately. Anyway, i don't think "door-stun" is a much of a problem. First - you can break doors with battle stance, with that instant blocking is possible. Or you can hit door from such range, that councelors will never be able to reach you with they attack before you can use block. Also, they will eventually run out of doors )

2) Yeah, but if they will stun you right after you grabbed the driver - they won't be able to go to a driver seat, because you will be bodyblocking the door. I agree, that catching councelors near the car is hard af, but it's usually possible. Besides, most of the time, thay doesn't want you to grab them from the seats and just leave the car - hit them, stop the car again, if neccecary, go to "hit them", repeat until they're dead.

3) Actually i've never seen that. And i always thought that there is some cooldown. But may be that's because Jason has this "minor stun"-state, when he can walk, but can't do anything else yet. In that state he can't be stunned again.

Well, actually, Jason is pretty able to stand on his feet again whole bunch of councelors. Last time i was playeing Jason, and whole team cooperated to kill me - they all died. Horribly. And i'm far from the best Jason player.

Of course, it's not easy, but i think, it's not supposed to be easy - to fight against an entire team. Jason shouldn't be able to just tear them apart, blindly pressing two buttons, or otherwise councelors wouldn't have the option of fighting Jason in a first place.

All of these are fair arguements,and i dont disagree or do not recognise that everything u guys are saying can happen and it happens.Also,because I dont wanna be misunderstood here,I am not saying that i am getting this every time,or that I fail to deal with this when it happens to me,I get all of them 4/5 times,even when they re teamed up.

My point actually was that the time between stuns should be a little bit longer than it is.It is just all these consecutive stuns that seem kinda off with the whole "fight" thing.Anyway,just my 2 cents,thanks for your comments guys. 

People get piss when I almost always use the head punch kill. It activates fast and the animation is short. In crowds this is a top tier finishing move if you have to grab.

The other day, 5 people were guarding the fuse box and trying to repair it. All 5 of them had their heads rolling.

• Like 1

On 15/9/2017 at 7:20 PM, Archgamer said:

People get piss when I almost always use the head punch kill. It activates fast and the animation is short. In crowds this is a top tier finishing move if you have to grab.

The other day, 5 people were guarding the fuse box and trying to repair it. All 5 of them had their heads rolling.

Same,head punch is my no4 kill in all Jasons.Extremely useful when u re around objectives and u need to gain control immediately.