Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brigadius

The camp needs a PA system

Recommended Posts

The little things are always what make the game. I think one of the cabins should randomly spawn a PA system  so that you can broadcast to the camp. It would work like Jarvis cb. As long as you hold button you can speak and everyone in the camp can hear you regardless if they have a headset or not. Would be kind of fun to maybe just give a heads-up, shout-out, or taunt Jason. It would not show up on Jason's map so he would have to find it the hard way. 

Might be fun. I can see some troll shouting out people's locations but that would violate tos(jason helping) but I think the addition could be more fun than harmful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

everyone in the camp can hear you regardless if they have a headset or not

I'm guessing you mean walkies, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that... you said:

2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

regardless if they have a headset or not

Do you mean a walkie (in game), or do you mean a mic (headset)?

You can still hear other counselors through your tv if you don't have a headset. You cannot, however, hear other counselors out of range without a walkie.

I understand the PA system and what that does. I think that would be a cool idea. I'm just trying to clear up what you meant by headset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I get that... you said:

Do you mean a walkie (in game), or do you mean a mic (headset)?

You can still hear other counselors through your tv if you don't have a headset. You cannot, however, hear other counselors out of range without a walkie.

I understand the PA system and what that does. I think that would be a cool idea. I'm just trying to clear up what you meant by headset.

I misunderstood. Walkie or no walkie the sound comes through the TV like a broadcast to the camp. So no matter where you are it can be heard. Maybe add speakers throughout the camp  and sound drops off with distance but not matter where you are you should still be able to hear it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, we are on the same page then. I agree this would be an awesome addition to the game. Very simple and easy to incorporate into the game. Totally makes sense that there would be loudspeakers in a summer camp. Totally makes sense that someone would be able to talk into it. I really like this idea, even if its mostly going to be used to troll Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boobies, farts, poopy, fluffy Chad dingus, ass, fart, bum, Chad, Chad, fart, where my tiffanys at, boobies, farts. 

The PA system in public matches Friday and Saturday nights. Also, I cleaned up the language. 

Now, in private matches and really good lobbies, this would be a great and fun addition. 

In the end, give a dude broh a mic, and you get a dude broh on a mic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

The little things are always what make the game. I think one of the cabins should randomly spawn a PA system  so that you can broadcast to the camp. It would work like Jarvis cb. As long as you hold button you can speak and everyone in the camp can hear you regardless if they have a headset or not. Would be kind of fun to maybe just give a heads-up, shout-out, or taunt Jason. It would not show up on Jason's map so he would have to find it the hard way. 

Might be fun. I can see some troll shouting out people's locations but that would violate tos(jason helping) but I think the addition could be more fun than harmful. 

No, I'm not worried about someone broadcasting some people's location(there is many ways to do that without a PA and no one can get clear proof it's happening) what would happen is someone get on it start screaming and making noises just to hurt people's ears and disrupt play(there is a word that is used but I think I might get ban if I use it here) like they do in the lobbies( i know you are suppose be able to mute them but last night that didn't work on steam the some how got around it).

For a P.A. system if one really wanted one have it play automated announcements at a volume that won't destroy game play like

 

"Welcome To Camp Crystal Lake"

"Have Fun Today But Please Remember Safety First"

"Race Around The Lake Starts in 20 minutes"

"The Camp Is Now Under Immediate Evacuation, Please See a Camp Councilor for Evacuation" (then a alarm)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, William Shatner said:

For a P.A. system if one really wanted one have it play automated announcements

If it only played automated announcements then it would be totally pointless to add it to the game. I understand your point though... No way to get around that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really sucks that you have to take trolls into consideration when adding things to the game...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 5:09 AM, Truth said:

It really sucks that you have to take trolls into consideration when adding things to the game...

Yeah, but it doesn't need to be insanely loud and sound would drop off with distance from speaker but would still be audible from anywhere on map. If they displayed the name of person using pa system on screen like when using mic than it would stop people from saying derogatory stuff because it would be easy to capture video with name and what they were saying. Plus staying in one spot to long to use it will probably get you killed and leaving early to often will get you banned so using it to troll and quit wouldnt work in their favor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theirs an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia called the gang hits the slopes, its a spoof of like the ski school movies from the 80's & I would find it very funny if the pa system operated in camp the same way it did in that episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see it happening, but I do think it's a great idea.

Last Year is doing exactly that, there will be a room in the school/shopping mall/etc... with cameras, to track the killer's movements, and a PA system.

As you probably know, there is close to no gameplay of Last Year but this is pretty much a confirmed detail as far as I understand. If you like the concept, you should check out their beta, october 27th-30th, for backers (there will be a new backing window shortly before the beta, if you haven't backed it yet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

d8d4c69dd47139108bd32266d50961d1--greate

It would be fun to just make some random announcement but could be used tactically to distract Jason or coordinate efforts. 

Additionally, they should add speaker to the lamp posts throughout the camp which would be from where the broadcast can be heard. As I said sound would drop off over distance away from speaker but should still be audible almost anywhere. And when someone is broadcasting all speakers should emit sound blips to distract Jason. 

Edit:

They could make it so there is a repair box below each speaker so Jason can deactivate them and counselors can repair. Would just be an additional tactic for everyone. 

Edit 2:

Scratch that last part they could just tie speakers into normal power boxes on need to over complicate things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...