Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CptJackFrost

complaining thread starts here

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, CptJackFrost said:

How exactly tapping one button like an idiot is better, than pressing one right buttion at the right moment?

That's not even close. If councelor escaped from grab - he can be grabbed again. If he didn't escape - it is game over for him. So it's more like grab is "royal flush". And give me a reason, why it shouldn't be the way to escape? Is grab are the only thing, that Jason can use? No. They have a swing, traps, throwing knifes. And it fully capable to do the job, without cheap oneshoting (if anyone is going to tell me again, that killing with single attack isn't oneshoting - please hit yourself with herring).

One more time - not a single person in a whole world can prove, that grab is fine the way it is. I told you, why. I told you, why me and some other people dislike it. So it would be better, if you just think, how make this thing is more appealing to both me and you guys. Or, in a worse case - explain, why it's not possible. Not just hard, but absolutely impossible to do. And if you don't want to think, then don't post in this topic ffs.

1. Better? For the purpose of the game it is. The point is not to be able to escape. 

2. It is close, though slightly flawed. You want to change the rules of the game in order to make it easier to beat Jason. Jason has a full house with grab. Very hard and rare to beat under the rules of the game. You came here looking to have the rules changed to allow you an easie chance at beating Jason. I didn't say you wanted a new way to beat him, I said you didn't like the rarity of being able to beat him, thus you wanted the developers to give you a toll to make it easier to to achieve what is already there. 

You aren't asking for a new super hand that can beat a royal flush. You want the designers to hand over 4 of the 5 cards needed to make the hand, because reasons. 

3. Declarative hyperbolic totality statements are great. 

Calling me stupid or saying I don't think is a desperate act of a person whose argument is lost. 

When the tiny minority of you and your friends think it is bad, that doesn't mean it is. I heard your argument and I have rejected it as not fitting with the spirit of the game. I thought about it and you did not convince me it was needed. You did not convince me what you suggest is even a problem. 

Prather than attack me personally or tell me to gtfo try coming up with a better argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

1. Better? For the purpose of the game it is. The point is not to be able to escape. 

2. It is close, though slightly flawed. You want to change the rules of the game in order to make it easier to beat Jason. Jason has a full house with grab. Very hard and rare to beat under the rules of the game. You came here looking to have the rules changed to allow you an easie chance at beating Jason. I didn't say you wanted a new way to beat him, I said you didn't like the rarity of being able to beat him, thus you wanted the developers to give you a toll to make it easier to to achieve what is already there. 

You aren't asking for a new super hand that can beat a royal flush. You want the designers to hand over 4 of the 5 cards needed to make the hand, because reasons. 

3. Declarative hyperbolic totality statements are great. 

Calling me stupid or saying I don't think is a desperate act of a person whose argument is lost. 

When the tiny minority of you and your friends think it is bad, that doesn't mean it is. I heard your argument and I have rejected it as not fitting with the spirit of the game. I thought about it and you did not convince me it was needed. You did not convince me what you suggest is even a problem. 

Prather than attack me personally or tell me to gtfo try coming up with a better argument. 

Your arguments is fubar. Frist of all, how can you say it will be EASIER, if you clearly don't know what i'm talking about? Second - i didn't attack anyone. Just like i was told "this game is not for you", i'm telling, that this thread is not for you. Simple. It's not about "is there a problem", it's about "how it should be changed to satisfy more people" or "why it can't be changed". And if you don't want to think about it (for example, because you don't want changes at all) - then just pass by. I've added it to the OP to make it clear.

Oh, i almost forgot - if not being able to escape is really the whole point - then what's the point to have hit points and first aid sprays anyway? If Jason should have ability to oneshot you anytime he got close to you - then let him kill everyone in one hit. No, seriously, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CptJackFrost said:

NOTE for those, who are still defending current grab escape mechanics.

Please, have a sheet of paper and a pen, you will probably need to write some things down, because this idea, this point, that i want you to get - it's a bit complex, and i understand that some people may have a problems understanding this. Are you ready? Okay. So...

 IT'S A PvP GAME, FFS!

It's a PvP. The fact that it's a 1vs7 is secondary - it is still a PvP (besides, it's not actually even a team vs Jason, it's a 7 different players each against jason, because winning condition of any counc - is survive himself). And NO PvP should have ANY mechanic, that can't be countered. It's called "broken", and it IS bad. End of storie, i'm not going to ever again explain, why "broken" should be fixed. Besides, unlike you, devs are fully aware, that everything should be countered. That's exactly the reason, why pocket knifes even exists. But pocket knifes themselfes is almost as broken, as a grab. On one side we have a grab, that is game over. On the other side, we have a pocket knifes, that are free escape. Of course, they are limited, but it's still a free escape, that has nothing to do with player skill, teamplay, character stats, anything but pure luck. And this is not a right way - to balance broken with another broken. That's why i suggest the thing, i wrote in the OP. Of course it's not the one and only right way to do that, it's just an option, that i personally find the more adequate to the needed conditions. If you think, there is another way - well write about this, that's the whole point of this thread. If you think, that my option is fine, but needs some tweaks (for example - "if every should have a chance of escaping based on his character's stats and player's skill, then knifes should ONLY be used for disarming traps") - again, say it. If it's absolutely impossible to fix without breaking the shit out of something else - explain, why is that, what will it break and why there is no way to prevent that. If you have another broken thing to report (but NOT a bug or glitch, leave them for jasonkillsbugs) - well, the thread's title totally allows it. But if you just want to be screwing around about "everything is fine, nothing needs to be fixed" - create your own thread then and dont's spam it here, please.

I want to start off with saying that I think people who preach the last sentence you wrote are trolls-in-the-making. It's unnecessary, uncalled for, and doesn't add to the discussion, it only disrupts it. There are limited times that I see people actually state their reasons why they believe whatever issue is being discussed doesn't need to be altered/fixed. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of negative feedback with practically no end, nothing from the OP is actually ever addressed... but I digress. 

As for "And NO PvP should have ANY mechanic, that can't be countered", I entirely agree. However, pocket knives counter it and so do the stats of whoever you are playing. Not just composure or strength, but also speed and stamina. Your first priority would to be to avoid getting grabbed in the first place. If you don't like dying right off the back, perhaps play a faster counselor and leave the repairing to other players, bring the repair items to them instead.

As for the people who can't find a pocket knife during the game - I do agree it is a bit unfair that it's basically entirely over for them. I like the idea of another mini-game to break free, versus mashing the X button (or whatever buttons appears for you.) Speaking of the current way of getting free, I believe that in itself is a little broken. Per trials and trials of gathering data (link here), it approximately takes 20 taps as Adam to break free from Jason's grasp. ALL of the other counselors (besides Tommy Jarvis) take MORE than 20! By then you'd definitely be dead! I don't like this idea at all, but I also don't have any idea on how it could be changed. I just know I don't like the current system of breaking free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

As for "And NO PvP should have ANY mechanic, that can't be countered", I entirely agree. However, pocket knives counter it and so do the stats of whoever you are playing. Not just composure or strength, but also speed and stamina. Your first priority would to be to avoid getting grabbed in the first place. If you don't like dying right off the back, perhaps play a faster counselor and leave the repairing to other players, bring the repair items to them instead.

If it's really only about avoiding - then Jason should oneshot with anything in his toolkit. Got hit with an axe? You're dead. Duck faster next time. Got knife to the head? Same. Trap ripped of your leg? Wellm you should've disarmed it. Of course, even less people would want to playe like this, but at least we got, what the gave Illfonic are making. If it's not, what is intended, then thing, that gives you oneshot, should be much harder to use, OR be counterable. While many people, that also unpleasant with that, want to nerf grabs, i personally think, that it would be better to just make it countarable. Hard as f*, but at least counterable, with your own efforts.

Knifes as they are now aren't really good counter, because it's actually RNG - you can't affect on your odds to find them. And besides, as i said, they gives too much to a councelor for no good reason. We have "impossible to escape" if you are unlucky, and get-out-of-jail-free card, if you are lucky. Of course, since it is limited, and it is rng, again, so it's not something you can rely on, and as a bonus it might be acceptable, but, as i said, i also would agree with anyone, who says that there shouldn't be free escape at all. See - that's why i needed this thread, because before i started to explain things, i didn't even realised, that the pocket knife is a just an another broken to balance other broken. I really want to find the best solution possible, because i love the game in generally, but i'm sick of not knowing, should i still hope the game will change, or it's not possible, and i'd better just drop it and get wasted in memory of the game, that i created in my imagination. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

If it's really only about avoiding - then Jason should oneshot with anything in his toolkit. Got hit with an axe? You're dead. Duck faster next time. Got knife to the head? Same. Trap ripped of your leg? Wellm you should've disarm it. Of course, even less people would want to playe like this, but at least we got, what the gave Illfonic are making. If it's not, what is intended, then thing, that gives you oneshot, should be much harder to use, OR be counterable. While many people, that also unpleasant with that, want to nerf grabs, i personally think, that it would be better to just make it countarable. Hard as f*, but at least counterable, with your own efforts.

Knifes as they are now aren't really good counter, because it's actually RNG - you can't affect on your odds to find them. And besides, as i said, they gives too much to a councelor for no good reason. We have "impossible to escape" if you are unlucky, and get-out-of-jail-free card, if you are lucky. Of course, since it is limited, and it is rng, again, so it's not something you can rely on, and as a bonus it might be acceptable, but, as i said, i also would agree with anyone, who says that there shouldn't be free escape at all. See - that's why i needed this thread, because before i started to explain things, i didn't even realised, that the pocket knife is a just an another broken to balance other broken. I really want to find the best solution possible, because i love the game in generally, but i'm sick of not knowing, should i still hope the game will change, or it's not possible, and i'd better just drop it and get wasted in memory of the game, that i created in my imagination. :unsure:

I am going to say this as respectfully as possible, but it is kind of hard to follow what you're saying due to grammar. Could you read over your writings or use spell check or something? 

I am not following your logic here ( I can't really follow what you're saying at all with this reply). Why would you say Jason should be a one-hitter in this game just because you should avoid him? That makes the game harder! No one is vouching for the game to be harder. I agree, he could in some small tiny ways be more counter-able, but why on Earth would you suggest him being more over powered? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Pocket knifes are the best counter in this game, it instantly breaks you free from Jason's grasp and it gives you a small stamina boost. You can indeed affect your odds of finding them, search cabins that haven't been searched or go to larger cabins for it seems they are likely to spawn more in there. 

I disagree, without pocket knifes counselors really would be in a heap of trouble, I don't believe it is a broken balance at all. Now I wish they could spawn a little bit better, but as of right now it's first come first serve. I don't really know what else to say.

On another note, you are aware that Jason can choose to slash people to death, right? There is no way to counter that, I was a little surprised you had yet to bring this up since you seemed so into the game being fair, for the lack of a better word.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I am going to say this as respectfully as possible, but it is kind of hard to follow what you're saying due to grammar. Could you read over your writings or use spell check or something? 

I am not following your logic here ( I can't really follow what you're saying at all with this reply). Why would you say Jason should be a one-hitter in this game just because you should avoid him? That makes the game harder! No one is vouching for the game to be harder. I agree, he could in some small tiny ways be more counter-able, but why on Earth would you suggest him being more over powered? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Pocket knifes are the best counter in this game, it instantly breaks you free from Jason's grasp and it gives you a small stamina boost. You can indeed affect your odds of finding them, search cabins that haven't been searched or go to larger cabins for it seems they are likely to spawn more in there. 

I disagree, without pocket knifes counselors really would be in a heap of trouble, I don't believe it is a broken balance at all. Now I wish they could spawn a little bit better, but as of right now it's first come first serve. I don't really know what else to say.

On another note, you are aware that Jason can choose to slash people to death, right? There is no way to counter that, I was a little surprised you had yet to bring this up since you seemed so into the game being fair, for the lack of a better word.

 

 

No offence taken. Grammar is a problem to me, because english is not my main language. I will try to improve though.

I will try to explain things as simple as possible. Grab is as easy to perform, as a basic attack. There is no restriction here, it's not slower, or in any way worse than swing. So then why grab kills, if you're not lucky enough to find a pocket knife, and swing just deal damage to you (by the way you can reduse that damage by blocking)? Throwing a knife isn't really easier that shift+grab - and then againe, why grab kills you, and knife only do damage? If you trying to say, that grab is "countered" by avoiding getting grabbed in a first place - then why everything else, that's countered on avoiding, is weaker than grab? My point is - if grab is stronger, it should either have a noticable downside, or restricted somehow, or being counterable. Or, if it IS, how devs understand balance of the game, then there is no reason to make other Jason's attacks weaker. So i am confused - do they try to make it really balanced, or they try to make a Jason a damn terror, that demolishes you right the moment he gor close enough?

About "disabling" a pocket knifes. I'm not telling that they should just get rid of them. No. Councelers get the ability to break free with minigame and only then pocket knifes might be nerfed. Or not. Of course, it should be tested first.

Why am i not bringing up slashing to death, traps, that can't be disarmed without pocket knifes and all others? Simple. Because they does not oneshot you. You can take a hit and still run away. Or you can try to block it and smack Jason back. If you don't have a pocket knife and walk into a trap - you can heal yourself. If you gor a knife in your back - you can heal. If you are grabbed - you are screwed. So that's the thing, that should be changed first.

Off quoted post: it's funny that many people sees situation only like "you can't play councelor that's why you want to weaken Jason". I never said, i have a super hard time to play as councelors, and besides, i have a Jason spawn preference. So if i really just want to make him weaker - that means i want to ruin the game to myself. Please, guys, stop seeing contexts, that's not there.

Edited by CptJackFrost
added more answers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

No offense taken. Grammar is a problem to me, because English is not my main language. I will try to improve though.

I will try to explain things as simple as possible. Grab is easy to perform as a basic attack. There are no restrictions here, it's not slower, and it is better than slashing. So why not just have grabbing and slashing only deal damage to you versus killing you? (By the way you can reduce damage by blocking.) Throwing a knife isn't easier than shift+grab, so why does a grab kill you, but a knife only do damage? If you're trying to say that grab is "countered" by avoiding getting grabbed in the first place - then why is everything else that is countered by avoidance weaker than grab? My point is - if grab is stronger, then it should either have a noticeable downside, become restricted somehow, or be more counterable. If the devs understand balance in a game, then there is no reason to make other Jason's attacks weaker than another. So I am confused - do they really try to balance it or are they just trying to make Jason a damn terror, that demolishes you the moment he gets close to you?

I heavily revised your post to try and make sense of it, I hope I interpreted what you were saying correctly as much as possible.

You're asking a very complex question, first of all. I have never seen a question like this before, pertaining specifically only to Jason's kill abilities. I actually see three different questions, so I will attempt to address them, I hope someone else can elaborate for me:

Q: Why not allow a grab to only deal damage to a counselor?

A: That would be game breaking in my opinion. You only have 20 minutes per game, if you were to have to repeatedly pick up a counselor to kill them, what would be the point? I'd forget about grabbing entirely and only ever slash or throw knives. 

Q: Why are other attacks that are meant to be avoided weaker than Jason's grabs?

A: ....... I mean.... aren't all attacks meant to be avoided? I'd actually say slashing is stronger than grabbing. It takes three slashes to kill a counselor. With a grab, they can break free or use a pocket knife. And blocking during a slash only reduces damage, it doesn't deflect it entirely. It's just a lot of Jasons' forget slashing is even a mechanism in this game, and some people say slashing is the "pussy way of killing." I've seen a lot of people rage because they were slashed instead of being picked up - that just goes to show how OP Jason's slashing is.

Q: Do the devs understand "balance"?

A: I'd say yes, they do. If they didn't they wouldn't have added pocket knives to the game or a way to wiggle out of Jason's grasp. Now, there is always room for improvement, even with game balancing.

EDIT: I just saw you added more comments to your last reply, I have somewhere to go atm, but I will reply when I return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I heavily revised your post to try and make sense of it, I hope I interpreted what you were saying correctly as much as possible.

You're asking a very complex question, first of all. I have never seen a question like this before, pertaining specifically only to Jason's kill abilities. I actually see three different questions, so I will attempt to address them, I hope someone else can elaborate for me:

Q: Why not allow a grab to only deal damage to a counselor?

A: That would be game breaking in my opinion. You only have 20 minutes per game, if you were to have to repeatedly pick up a counselor to kill them, what would be the point? I'd forget about grabbing entirely and only ever slash or throw knives. 

Q: Why are other attacks that are meant to be avoided weaker than Jason's grabs?

A: ....... I mean.... aren't all attacks meant to be avoided? I'd actually say slashing is stronger than grabbing. It takes three slashes to kill a counselor. With a grab, they can break free or use a pocket knife. And blocking during a slash only reduces damage, it doesn't deflect it entirely. It's just a lot of Jason's forget slashing is even a mechanism in this game, and some people say slashing is the "pussy way of killing." I've seen a lot of people rage because they were slashed instead of being picked up - that just goes to show how OP Jason's slashing is.

Q: Do the devs understand "balance"?

A: I'd say yes, they do. If they didn't they wouldn't have added pocket knives to the game or a way to wiggle out of Jason's grasp. Now, there is always room for improvement, even with game balancing.

Wow, it seems, my english sucks harder than a vacuum cleaner.  No, you got some things wrong. I will try to clearify.

1) That's just total opposite to what i was talking, actually. I said, why not allow Jason to kill with one hit, if you only need one grab to kill anyway and grab is as easy as slashing?

But i think, your answer remains the same: because it will break the game. Well, i'm saying, that it won't break the game more, than grab is breaking it right now. Because it's a one-shot attack, and it's as easy to perform, as other.

2) Of course all attacks meant to be avoided. But if you failed to avoid one or two slashes - you still has chances. If you failed to avoid the grab - you are dead. Slashes is only stronger with one thing - you don't have to wait cutscene to end. Of course, there may be problems with slashing too, but i think, for now it's more important to fix an instakill things.

3) "Or, if it IS, how devs understand balance of the game..." well, i probably should've said it more like: "if it's the way the devs want to balance their game, then...". I am really sorry i can't write it less confusing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked your idea to replace the current button mashing with a skill check mechanic, however i think this could lead to other balance problems. People get good at skill checks through practice and right now some people are fixing the phone and car with Tiffany while rarely missing skill checks. I'd assume that some counselors would break free with skill checks as easy as Deborah's for repairing stuff and that would make it impossible to kill these counselors (I never die to slasher Jasons who only use the hit button, running counters it very easily xd)

I agree that the grab is unbalanced right now but I think what makes it unbalanced is the combat system.

I don't know if it constitutes a ''bug'', but when you try to hit Jason, even in combat stance, even at the correct range, half the time your counselor will hit in his direction, the bat will swing into him and do nothing. I stopped playing for a bit (1 month/1 month and a 1/2) and came back recently to play a game where Jason is breaking down a door. I go out the window without him seeing me, I run to stand basically ON HIM, I enter combat stance, I hit, nothing happens. I hit again, nothing happens. Jason sees me trying to hit him, turns around grabs me and instakills me.

In another game, I'm fixing the car and there are two other players with me. I'm A.J. so I keep trying to fix it telling myself they'll protect me, Jason shift grabs me during the repair. Both players go to stand right besides Jason, enter combat stance and try to hit him. They both hit 2-3 times (Jason is twisting around trying to have enough space to kill me during this time, but not moving away from them or dodging the hits), nothing happens, Jason chokes me to death.

The obvious counter play to grabbing, to me, apart from the knives, is to stay as a team and protect each other when someone is grabbed, but grab is still absolutely overpowered because the combat system is dogshit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CptJackFrost said:

Your arguments is fubar. Frist of all, how can you say it will be EASIER, if you clearly don't know what i'm talking about? Second - i didn't attack anyone. Just like i was told "this game is not for you", i'm telling, that this thread is not for you. Simple. It's not about "is there a problem", it's about "how it should be changed to satisfy more people" or "why it can't be changed". And if you don't want to think about it (for example, because you don't want changes at all) - then just pass by. I've added it to the OP to make it clear.

Oh, i almost forgot - if not being able to escape is really the whole point - then what's the point to have hit points and first aid sprays anyway? If Jason should have ability to oneshot you anytime he got close to you - then let him kill everyone in one hit. No, seriously, why not?

1. Your suggestion is not hard to figure out. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND IT IN EVERY WAY. 

I am saying I do not like it. I am saying it is a BAD suggestion as it doesn't fit the game I want to play. 

Your strawman of no one wants any changes is unfounded and can be dismissed in its entirety. 

You've implied several times I am dumb. I have told you I thought about it, and I rejected it after thinking about it. 

Is it not clear that more people would be dissatisfied with the change you are suggesting?

your idea is not good. The problem is not a problem, it is a design feature. 

When I say escape I was specifically referring to escaping grab. There are several tools for escaping grab. It should be hard. Grab should be a killing blow. 

Either you are an excellent troll or you are being willfully ignorant of the way the game works. 

In an fps a head shot is likely a one shot kill, but the game was all about not being in a position to be killed this way, or if you are killing, getting in to position to kill this way. That is the game ending. Grab is the game ending. The game was not being close enough to be grabbed. The game was avoiding death, not surviving death. 

The following are all the ways to avoid grab. 

Run away. 

Have a buddy stun Jason. 

Stun jason yourself. 

Hide. 

Escape by car. 

Escape by cops. 

Escape by boat. 

Kill jason. 

Trap jason. 

Shoot jason. 

Use pocket knife. 

Wiggle out with high composure  

All of Jason's abilities are designed to slow you down and get in range of the grab kill. If you are grabbed, you have lost the game. The grab kill is the end game not the game. Use all of the strategies above and he will never grab you. 

The defense against grab is not being grabbed. Many people feel the game will be cheapened by taking away the grab ending. 

Moral of the story, the game is built around not getting grabbed, and Jason winning more often than not if you do. 

You propose a fundamental change to how the game is played 

you are proposing circumventing all of those game play mechanics with a single well timed button press. 

No thanks, not a good addition to the game. 

I will not be responding further to you as this has actually become tedious and frustrating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I really liked your idea to replace the current button mashing with a skill check mechanic, however i think this could lead to other balance problems. People get good at skill checks through practice and right now some people are fixing the phone and car with Tiffany while rarely missing skill checks. I'd assume that some counselors would break free with skill checks as easy as Deborah's for repairing stuff and that would make it impossible to kill these counselors (I never die to slasher Jasons who only use the hit button, running counters it very easily xd)

I agree that the grab is unbalanced right now but I think what makes it unbalanced is the combat system.

I don't know if it constitutes a ''bug'', but when you try to hit Jason, even in combat stance, even at the correct range, half the time your counselor will hit in his direction, the bat will swing into him and do nothing. I stopped playing for a bit (1 month/1 month and a 1/2) and came back recently to play a game where Jason is breaking down a door. I go out the window without him seeing me, I run to stand basically ON HIM, I enter combat stance, I hit, nothing happens. I hit again, nothing happens. Jason sees me trying to hit him, turns around grabs me and instakills me.

In another game, I'm fixing the car and there are two other players with me. I'm A.J. so I keep trying to fix it telling myself they'll protect me, Jason shift grabs me during the repair. Both players go to stand right besides Jason, enter combat stance and try to hit him. They both hit 2-3 times (Jason is twisting around trying to have enough space to kill me during this time, but now moving away from them or dodging the hits), nothing happens, Jason chokes me to death.

The obvious counter play to grabbing, to me, apart from the knives, is to stay as a team and protect each other when someone is grabbed, but grab is still absolutely overpowered because the combat system is dogshit. 

Point taken.

Well, i suppose, that escaping skillchecks are going to be hard af. May be even harder, than repairing with Tiffany. First of all it's going to be faster, with same or less time to react. And you can't screw up comepletely. Not once. Of course there will be guys, that stiil able to do that, but... well, if you really can do that every time and not make a single mistake - i'd say, you are a monster and deserve to laugh at Jason's face. :D

Oh, one more thing. I'm not saying, Jason should not be able to finish you completely. I suggest only disable equipped grab kills, until a mini game ends. You can still use environmental kills right away.

combat system is indeed weird, and I was originally intended to talk about it, but... for some reasons, i find it much easier to hit Jason since the latest patch. I don't know if they fixed something, or I just got slightly better.

Quote

1. Your suggestion is not hard to figure out. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND IT IN EVERY WAY. 

I am saying I do not like it. I am saying it is a BAD suggestion as it doesn't fit the game I want to play. 

Your strawman of no one wants any changes is unfounded and can be dismissed in its entirety. 

You've implied several times I am dumb. I have told you I thought about it, and I rejected it after thinking about it. 

Is it not clear that more people would be dissatisfied with the change you are suggesting?

your idea is not good. The problem is not a problem, it is a design feature. 

When I say escape I was specifically referring to escaping grab. There are several tools for escaping grab. It should be hard. Grab should be a killing blow. 

Either you are an excellent troll or you are being willfully ignorant of the way the game works. 

In an fps a head shot is likely a one shot kill, but the game was all about not being in a position to be killed this way, or if you are killing, getting in to position to kill this way. That is the game ending. Grab is the game ending. The game was not being close enough to be grabbed. The game was avoiding death, not surviving death. 

The following are all the ways to avoid grab. 

Run away. 

Have a buddy stun Jason. 

Stun jason yourself. 

Hide. 

Escape by car. 

Escape by cops. 

Escape by boat. 

Kill jason. 

Trap jason. 

Shoot jason. 

Use pocket knife. 

Wiggle out with high composure  

All of Jason's abilities are designed to slow you down and get in range of the grab kill. If you are grabbed, you have lost the game. The grab kill is the end game not the game. Use all of the strategies above and he will never grab you. 

The defense against grab is not being grabbed. Many people feel the game will be cheapened by taking away the grab ending. 

Moral of the story, the game is built around not getting grabbed, and Jason winning more often than not if you do. 

You propose a fundamental change to how the game is played 

you are proposing circumventing all of those game play mechanics with a single well timed button press. 

No thanks, not a good addition to the game. 

I will not be responding further to you as this has actually become tedious and frustrating. 

If the whole mechanic is built around grab killlings as finishers - Jason should not be able to kill with anything but grabbing. Otherwise it's just not logical.

I get it, you like the way it is. Well i don't lik it. I don't believe that this is how the game really supposed to work. So i will be complaining here and ask for a changes until:

1) it's changed. Then i'll be happy. Or complaining about something else, who knows.

2) devs declares, that this is how the game supposed to work. Then i just drop the game. Simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

Point taken.

Well, i suppose, that escaping skillchecks are going to be hard af. May be even harder, than repairing with Tiffany. First of all it's going to be faster, with same or less time to react. And you can't screw up comepletely. Not once. Of course there will be guys, that stiil able to do that, but... well, if you really can do that every time and not make a single mistake - i'd say, you are a monster and deserve to laugh at Jason's face. :D

Oh, one more thing. I'm not saying, Jason should not be able to finish you completely. I suggest only disable equipped grab kills, until a mini game ends. You can still use environmental kills right away.

combat system is indeed weird, and I was originally intended to talk about it, but... for some reasons, i find it much easier to hit Jason since the latest patch. I don't know if they fixed something, or I just got slightly better.

I'll give it another try then xd. I really appreciate the thread and the point you're stressing because when I come face to face with Jason and he manages to get close to me, I agree that death should be very likely, but I think it's important that when you die, you feel that it's because Jason is this inescapable force of nature who decided to zero in on you, not because of poor gameplay design.

That's why I like your skill check idea, if it's an extremely hard skill check, you have a fair chance, but the odds are definitely stacked against you, but it's not unfair and weird-feeling as 1) pick you up 2) choke choke choke, if you're against a Jason who isn't into enviro kills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

Wow, it seems, my english sucks harder than a vacuum cleaner.  No, you got some things wrong. I will try to clearify.

1) That's just total opposite to what i was talking, actually. I said, why not allow Jason to kill with one hit, if you only need one grab to kill anyway and grab is as easy as slashing?

But i think, your answer remains the same: because it will break the game. Well, i'm saying, that it won't break the game more, than grab is breaking it right now. Because it's a one-shot attack, and it's as easy to perform, as other.

2) Of course all attacks meant to be avoided. But if you failed to avoid one or two slashes - you still has chances. If you failed to avoid the grab - you are dead. Slashes is only stronger with one thing - you don't have to wait cutscene to end. Of course, there may be problems with slashing too, but i think, for now it's more important to fix an instakill things.

3) "Or, if it IS, how devs understand balance of the game..." well, i probably should've said it more like: "if it's the way the devs want to balance their game, then...". I am really sorry i can't write it less confusing.

1) OH I SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING... LOL. Yeah that is kind of funny isn't it.  That really does need to be addressed. It's silly for a grab to (basically) be a one hit kill, but slashing be 3 hits and throwing knives be 3+ hits. 

2) I understand entirely now and I think you have a pretty solid argument. I suggest adding this bit of clarification to your original post. I still think slashing is still better, one hit for damage, two to make them immobile, three for death. It's faster than a grab kill and it's 100% always going to work.

3) Eh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I'll give it another try then xd. I really appreciate the thread and the point you're stressing because when I come face to face with Jason and he manages to get close to me, I agree that death should be very likely, but I think it's important that when you die, you feel that it's because Jason is this inescapable force of nature who decided to zero in on you, not because of poor gameplay design.

That's why I like your skill check idea, if it's an extremely hard skill check, you have a fair chance, but the odds are definitely stacked against you, but it's not unfair and weird-feeling as 1) pick you up 2) choke choke choke, if you're against a Jason who isn't into enviro kills

Yeah, that's why i want it to be very fast and needed, like, only 3 buttons - so Jason won't need to carry councelor for an eternity. Of course, may be it will still be too easy. Well, we can always come back to the way the things are now.

By the way, that reminds me - dear devteam, if you are willing to experiment with mechanics after fixing current bugs - we will need a public test build )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I get that the game isn't perfect, but just try to have fun with it, ya know? When I first started playing this game, I wanted to rip my hair out, and a few times, I literally did. I get that it has a lot of glitches and a lot of people abuse it, but if you just have fun with it and don't sweat the small stuff, it's a great game. I kind of like the fact that it's imperfect and has bugs. That's one of the things that makes me like it so much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Man, I get that the game isn't perfect, but just try to have fun with it, ya know? When I first started playing this game, I wanted to rip my hair out, and a few times, I literally did. I get that it has a lot of glitches and a lot of people abuse it, but if you just have fun with it and don't sweat the small stuff, it's a great game. I kind of like the fact that it's imperfect and has bugs. That's one of the things that makes me like it so much. 

I agree with everything you just said besides the glitches and bugs. I have a ball playing Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on what glitches and bugs we're talking about. The ones I'm referring to are the ones like I encountered last night playing with my nephew. He was Chad, and Jason tried to grab him out of the car, and whenever he did, Chad started flying around about three feet off the ground in a sitting position. It was hilarious! Those are the glitches I like. I'm not meaning stuff like making Jason fly out of the map or cheating to win glitches, if that makes sense. 

 

Here's actual example of said glitch (I'm AJ Mason):

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...