Sign in to follow this  
CptJackFrost

complaining thread starts here

So, this is some of the things, that i want to change.

First things first, dear IllFonik, ramdomising of who will play as Jason is a complete and total bullshit. What does it give to the game? Counselors leave, because they want to be Jasons, Jasons leaves, because they wanted to be a counselors, ruined games, wasted time. There is absolutely no reason to make that random. This is a problem, this always was a problem since the very start, and this always will be a problem. I can't think of a single reason, why this shouldn't be reworked.

Second, grabs and escaping from them.

1) escaping from grab is a matter of luck, Jason's wish, anything, but councelor's efforts. This makes no sense and feels like teasing.

2) this mash-button-to-escape prevents Jason players to use env. kills, because he doesn't know if he's gonna make it in time

3) grab is too powerfull tool. It's basically oneshot, which councelors can't counter without a spicefic item. It's as fast as attacking, it has no real restrictions. So the Jason's weapon practiacally is mostly used just for breaking in the houses.

3a) Shift+grab. Nothing really to say here, because there is many people complaining about this, but i personally thing, that the preoblem is in the grab itself.

So, what am i going to suggest, you may ask? Make grab releasing a skillcheck minigame like the one for repairing, instead of button mashing. When Jason grabs you his equipped kills are disabled for a moment (enviremental kills still works though), and you can use a pocket knife OR start a minigame, where you have to press ight button for a right moment (which of course should be pretty short), once or a couple of times (depends of strength or composer stat). If you succeed, then Jason stunned shortly and you escaped. But if you failed - then you have no chance to escape without help and NOW Jason can kill you with his equiped grab kills now, ot walk to an env. kill point as long as he wants.

This will make grab a more rewarding, but (a bit) risky alternative to main attack, not just a far better option almost in every situation, this will encourage Jason's player to use environment kills more often, and. most importantly, this will give a counselors feeling, that escaping from Jason's grasp depends on them, not their luck or Jason.

Thank you for your game. I know you are working hard, and i have a hope, that someday, Friday will shine, like it should. But it really has to come through some fixes.

NOTE for those, who are still defending current grab escape mechanics.

Please, have a sheet of paper and a pen, you will probably need to write some things down, because this idea, this point, that i want you to get - it's a bit complex, and i understand that some people may have a problems understanding this. Are you ready? Okay. So...

IT'S A PvP GAME, FFS!

It's a PvP. The fact that it's a 1vs7 is secondary - it is still a PvP (besides, it's not actually even a team vs Jason, it's a 7 different players each against jason, because winning condition of any counc - is survive himself). And NO PvP should have ANY mechanic, that can't be countered. It's called "broken", and it IS bad. End of storie, i'm not going to ever again explain, why "broken" should be fixed. Besides, unlike you, devs are fully aware, that everything should be countered. That's exactly the reason, why pocket knifes even exists. But pocket knifes themselfes is almost as broken, as a grab. On one side we have a grab, that is game over. On the other side, we have a pocket knifes, that are free escape. Of course, they are limited, but it's still a free escape, that has nothing to do with player skill, teamplay, character stats, anything but pure luck. And this is not a right way - to balance broken with another broken. That's why i suggest the thing, i wrote in the OP. Of course it's not the one and only right way to do that, it's just an option, that i personally find the more adequate to the needed conditions. If you think, there is another way - well write about this, that's the whole point of this thread. If you think, that my option is fine, but needs some tweaks (for example - "if every should have a chance of escaping based on his character's stats and player's skill, then knifes should ONLY be used for disarming traps") - again, say it. If it's absolutely impossible to fix without breaking the shit out of something else - explain, why is that, what will it break and why there is no way to prevent that. If you have another broken thing to report (but NOT a bug or glitch, leave them for jasonkillsbugs) - well, the thread's title totally allows it. But if you just want to be screwing around about "everything is fine, nothing needs to be fixed" - create your own thread then and dont's spam it here, please.

P.S.

But, of course, i might be wrong, and this broken state is really how the devs wants their game to work, like some other people, they don't think it is bad. I am okay with that. If it's really the point - please, let me know and close this thread then, so i can abandon hopes and just drop the game like every single one of my friends that had it. Really - i need to know that.

Edited by CptJackFrost
Made a purpose of topic a little clearer
  • Like 2

There is already a topic on this as well as replies.

The short of it: Counselors are NOT supposed to be on equal ground with Jason. If you think they should be, this is probably not the game for you.

Secondly, if you want to play as Jason, host a private match. Host can choose who is Jason. Though you probably won't last long if you constantly hog being Jason ... which again, is WHY it is random.

• Like 2

A one button escape?

Maybe two you say?

I suppose yeah, if you don't want Jason to grab at all any more that is a solution. Of course, it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. When I play as Jenny, I have about a 1/3-1/5 escape rate without environmental kills. With them I am borked. This is a feature not a bug.

Jason play needs to be as rewarding as counselor play, and that means kills. No one would want to be Jason. If everyone can escape with a one or two button press, the game is pretty much over for Jason.

You think match making is crappy now? Try it when you have a Jason only option. 2500 Jasons sitting in a lovvy waiting on the 5000 counselors to be put in their group.

Admittedly, there is no reason why a counselor preferred should be Jason in any group where there is a Jason preferred. That does need to be addressed as I am positive it happens. That being said, short of private matches, in order to make it all work, they have to form groups with available players, if there are not 7 times as many counselor players as Jason players, you are going to be waiting a hell of a long time for a game.

Just dont be by yourself. It isnt hard to hit someone out of his grab. If you want to escape from his grab without a pocket knife just pik Jenny. With the right perks, you only need to hit the escape button a couple times.

The only thing I have an issue with when it comes to his grabs, are the fact that sometimes he can grab from 6 ft away. I mean, we get it Jason, you're a magical undead deformed John Cena, but shit - really man?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

the fact that sometimes he can grab from 6 ft away

Usually this is the case, but I ran into the opposite a lot yesterday. Either I juked him really well or his grabs weren't working as they normally do (and I know I'm not that good). I definitely should have died a few more times.\

3 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

a magical undead deformed John Cena

That's the best description of Jason I've ever heard!

36 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

The short of it: Counselors are NOT supposed to be on equal ground with Jason. If you think they should be, this is probably not the game for you.

They won't be equal at all. This is not supposed to  just make the life of a councelors easier.

50 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Secondly, if you want to play as Jason, host a private match. Host can choose who is Jason. Though you probably won't last long if you constantly hog being Jason ... which again, is WHY it is random.

Priceless. Do you know that when you host a private match, you need somebody to play with you?

And i still don't see the reason, why it should be random. What, people will mostly play as Jason? Well, that's just indicates, that the councelor gameplay sucks comparing to Jason gameplay. If that's not right - there is no point to believe, that there will be more "too much Jasons" at matchmaking. I don't have any reason to think that there will be problems with matchmaking due to "too many Jasons".

26 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Just dont be by yourself. It isnt hard to hit someone out of his grab. If you want to escape from his grab without a pocket knife just pik Jenny. With the right perks, you only need to hit the escape button a couple times.

Jason can kill you after grab instantly. Yeah, you may only need to press it once, but he needs to press only one button, once. And some Jasons has their grip power enhanced. You can't escape. Like, at all. Unless he allows you to.

One more time: if you are grabbed, you can be saved only by:

1) Pocket knife (find it or not - it's a random)

2) Teammate (it has nothing to do with yourself)

3) Jason's wish to perform an env. kill that is too far away

And only then your efforts matters. Then what's the point to have this struggles anyway? If you, people. are OK with that, then fine, let's just disable this mashing and stop pretending, that grab is not a free kill. At least game won't be teasing making players think, that they can do something, when they're really not.

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

A one button escape?

Maybe two you say?

I suppose yeah, if you don't want Jason to grab at all any more that is a solution.

Okay, i think, you don't really understand, what i am suggesting. Of course, it's not your fault, text is not really explains all things. I'll try to put it this way - have you played dead by daylight? Imagine, when "decisive strike"-skillcheck pops out, you have to not just to press button at the short time, but you have to press THE RIGHT button. One of two or three, for example, "Lmb", "Rmb" and "e". Will it still be too easy to accomplish? And if you have to do it twice or even trice? Will that be easy? I don't think so. As i said, my point is not to make escaping actaually easier, what i really want - to feel like escaping depends on me, not anything, but me.

And i want to grab being used WITH other things, like attacking. Oneshotting should NOT EVER be as easy and simple, as any other attack, in any game. If it is, it's just bad designing.

2 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

They won't be equal at all. This is not supposed to  just make the life of a councelors easier.

Priceless. Do you know that when you host a private match, you need somebody to play with you?

And i still don't see the reason, why it should be random. What, people will mostly play as Jason? Well, that's just indicates, that the councelor gameplay sucks comparing to Jason gameplay. If that's not right - there is no point to believe, that there will be more "too much Jasons" at matchmaking. I don't have any reason to think that there will be problems with matchmaking due to "too many Jasons".

Jason can kill you after grab instantly. Yeah, you may only need to press it once, but he needs to press only one button, once. And some Jasons has their grip power enhanced. You can't escape. Like, at all. Unless he allows you to.

One more time: if you are grabbed, you can be saved only by:

1) Pocket knife (find it or not - it's a random)

2) Teammate (it has nothing to do with yourself)

3) Jason's wish to perform an env. kill that is too far away

And only then your efforts matters. Then what's the point to have this struggles anyway? If you, people. are OK with that, then fine, let's just disable this mashing and stop pretending, that grab is not a free kill. At least game won't be teasing making players think, that they can do something, when they're really not.

Okay, i think, you don't really understand, what i am suggesting. Of course, it's not your fault, text is not really explains all things. I'll try to put it this way - have you played dead by daylight? Imagine, when "decisive strike"-skillcheck pops out, you have to not just to press button at the short time, but you have to press THE RIGHT button. One of two or three, for example, "Lmb", "Rmb" and "e". Will it still be too easy to accomplish? And if you have to do it twice or even trice? Will that be easy? I don't think so. As i said, my point is not to make escaping actaually easier, what i really want - to feel like escaping depends on me, not anything, but me.

And i want to grab being used WITH other things, like attacking. Oneshotting should NOT EVER be as easy and simple, as any other attack, in any game. If it is, it's just bad designing.

I get what you are saying but you are looking past all the stuff that happened prior to Jason grabbing you. With stam, every character is faster then Jason, therefor making it harder to grab counslers. Unless the counsler has 0 common sense, there should be a 1 1/2 minute - 5 minute chase before you are caught and by that time there can be another counsler with you. I think the grab is fair. There are also Jasons with weak grip strength that can easliy be broken out of with Jenny that you didnt mention. Once you get grabbed, it shouldnt be to easy to escape. If it were supposed to be easy, there would be a perk for starting with a pocket knife. Jason doesnt one shot with his slash, which to me is a little unrealistic but that would be way to easy. Grabbing essentially is not a 1 shot because there was a couple minutes of BS that happened before Jason grabbed you.

2 hours ago, CptJackFrost said:

First things first, dear IllFonik, ramdomising of who will play as Jason is a complete and total bullshit. What does it give to the game? Counselors leave, because they want to be Jasons, Jasons leaves, because they wanted to be a counselors, ruined games, wasted time. There is absolutely no reason to make that random. This is a problem, this always was a problem since the very start, and this always will be a problem. I can't think of a single reason, why this shouldn't be reworked.

Second, grabs and escaping from them.

1) escaping from grab is a matter of luck, Jason's wish, anything, but councelor's efforts. This makes no sense and feels like teasing.

2) this mash-button-to-escape prevents Jason players to use env. kills, because he doesn't know if he's gonna make it in time

3) grab is too powerfull tool. It's basically oneshot, which councelors can't counter without a spicefic item. It's as fast as attacking, it has no real restrictions. So the Jason's weapon practiacally is mostly used just for breaking in the houses.

3a) Shift+grab. Nothing really to say here, because there is many people complaining about this, but i personally thing, that the preoblem is in the grab itself.

So, what am i going to suggest, you may ask? Make grab releasing a skillcheck minigame like the one for repairing, instead of button mashing. When Jason grabs you his equipped kills are disabled for a moment (enviremental kills still works though), and you can use a pocket knife OR start a minigame, where you have to press ight button for a right moment (which of course should be pretty short), once or a couple of times (depends of strength or composer stat). If you succeed, then Jason stunned shortly and you escaped. But if you failed - then you have no chance to escape without help and NOW Jason can kill you with his equiped grab kills now, ot walk to an env. kill point as long as he wants.

This will make grab a more rewarding, but (a bit) risky alternative to main attack, not just a far better option almost in every situation, this will encourage Jason's player to use environment kills more often, and. most importantly, this will give a counselors feeling, that escaping from Jason's grasp depends on them, not their luck or Jason.

Thank you for your game. I know you are working hard, and i have a hope, that someday, Friday will shine, like it should. But it really has to come through some fixes.

There could be two stages to grabbing. When Jason first grabs a counselor they struggle as Jason attempts to get a grip on them and there can be a struggle to see who can mash E first (or a quick time event similar to repairing only it's faster and only requires one bar to be pressed correctly) so if the counselor succeeds they can escape is grip easily and if Jason succeeds it will go to the second stage which is how grabbing works now. It would make grabbing feel a little more balanced for counselors as they would have two opportunities to escape rather than one. It would also add that tussling with Jason element from the movies. 

Strength should also play a factor in escaping grasps, since the reason Jason's grab gimmick is based on his grip strength, so counselors strength should play a bigger factor than composure. It would also make bodyguard characters like Bugzy and Adam more viable when it comes to fighting Jason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Strength should also play a factor in escaping grasps

It does... That's why Bugsy and Tommy can get out more easily than AJ or Tiffany.

Just now, Truth said:

It does... That's why Bugsy and Tommy can get out more easily than AJ or Tiffany.

I thought composure was what let people escape grasps easier as said by the stat? At least according to the descriptions. 

Strength: Increases attack damage with weapons and reduces stamina cost of combat actions.

Composure: Reduces the rate that fear increases and make it easier to break free from Jason’s grab.

• Like 2

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I thought composure was what let people escape grasps easier as said by the stat? At least according to the descriptions. 

Strength: Increases attack damage with weapons and reduces stamina cost of combat actions.

Composure: Reduces the rate that fear increases and make it easier to break free from Jason’s grab.

Isn't Bugsy's composure low though?

It's been a while since I actually read the stat descriptions so you got me on that one. I'm pretty sure strength has an impact though.

Good job getting the facts straight for me lol

• Like 1

I think jennys repair should be higher, at least a 5. Its entirely to low and she does not seem like the stupid type i would not mind losing a few composure points for just that. At the end of the day high composure goes away pretty fast if jason is around and the lights are off anyways.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

There could be two stages to grabbing. When Jason first grabs a counselor they struggle as Jason attempts to get a grip on them and there can be a struggle to see who can mash E first (or a quick time event similar to repairing only it's faster and only requires one bar to be pressed correctly) so if the counselor succeeds they can escape is grip easily and if Jason succeeds it will go to the second stage which is how grabbing works now. It would make grabbing feel a little more balanced for counselors as they would have two opportunities to escape rather than one. It would also add that tussling with Jason element from the movies.

Well, that is other way to do this, yeah. I had that in mind too. Bot personally i don't think it's the right way. First of all, Jason shouldn't struggle for his grab, when he does it, it's already hard enought to catch. It's the councelor that should make a last resort to escape. Second, i don't want the struggle be too long, because it will make much easier for another to save his buddy. Ideally it should happen right in those 2 seconds, when animation of grabbing is going. You know, when Jason slowly pick councelor up, right before he can kill him. And i don't want to make it easy, i want to simply give councelors a chance. All councelors. I find it unfair, that someone can get up to 4 free escapes (a.k.a. pocket knife) and all others can go f* themselves. By the way, that's another reason to change escaping mechanic, that i didin't mention earlier.

2 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

Well, that is other way to do this, yeah. I had that in mind too. Bot personally i don't think it's the right way. First of all, Jason shouldn't struggle for his grab, when he does it, it's already hard enought to catch. It's the councelor that should make a last resort to escape. Second, i don't want the struggle be too long, because it will make much easier for another to save his buddy. Ideally it should happen right in those 2 seconds, when animation of grabbing is going. You know, when Jason slowly pick councelor up, right before he can kill him. And i don't want to make it easy, i want to simply give councelors a chance. All councelors. I find it unfair, that someone can get up to 4 free escapes (a.k.a. pocket knife) and all others can go f* themselves. By the way, that's another reason to change escaping mechanic, that i didin't mention earlier.

It is fine how it is. If you have problems playing with people who horde pocket knives then stop playing with randoms and play with more experienced, less selfish players. If i have 2 pocket knives, I give it to the person I am with so we are both protected. Everything you are saying, I cannot even relate to and if I have seen someone doing it.. the person was terrible. I would just rethink the strategy of how you play this game.

9 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

It is fine how it is. If you have problems playing with people who horde pocket knives then stop playing with randoms and play with more experienced, less selfish players. If i have 2 pocket knives, I give it to the person I am with so we are both protected. Everything you are saying, I cannot even relate to and if I have seen someone doing it.. the person was terrible. I would just rethink the strategy of how you play this game.

If the game is only comfortable to play with a party - this IS a problem. Solo players sholdn't be screwed just because they don't have 7 more people to play with him. I won't and i don't have to explain, why this is bad. It's almost as if i would try to prove, why Friday th 13th isn't a racing game. If you really even need proof to that - it won't help you at all.

10 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

If the game is only comfortable to play with a party - this IS a problem. Solo players sholdn't be screwed just because they don't have 7 more people to play with him. I won't and i don't have to explain, why this is bad. It's almost as if i would try to prove, why Friday th 13th isn't a racing game. If you really even need proof to that - it won't help you at all.

Yeah but your opinion is based off of you playing with randoms. If you play with random inexperienced players. You have to expect that. It is a game designed to work as a team. So You cannot complain about the solo mechanics of the game if it wasnt designed to play solo. Solo players arent screwed, the game is just not designed for them. If you want to play solo, wait until the SINGLE player part comes out.

You can also  try to only join mic only lobbies and  communicating in a calm and assertive way to get other player to work together to achieve a common goal.

If you are expecting to succeed playing solo, you are playing the wrong game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Yeah but your opinion is based off of you playing with randoms. If you play with random inexperienced players. You have to expect that. It is a game designer to work as a team. So You cannot complain about the solo mechanics of the game if it wasnt designed to play solo. Solo players arent screwed, the game is just not designed for them. If you want to play solo, wait until the SINGLE player part comes out.

You can also  try to only join mic only lobbies and  communicating in a calm and assertive way to get other player to work together to achieve a common goal.

If you are expecting to succeed playing solo, you are playing the wrong game.

System requirements of the game doesn't tell me, i need to have 8 more people. Majority of multiplayer game desighned the way, so they depends on even if they don't have premades. I don't see, why friday is should be different. Unless her dying state is really intented. Hope, that it's not. Also, if the game is not desighned to play as solo, that exactly means, that solo playes are screwed. I don't know if you even think, what you write, or just do that. So do me a favor, please. If you are going to post one more time, telling me that everything is OK - don't. Just don't. If you want to be a little more constructive, let's put it that way. You think everything is fine. I think, it isn't. And it's not just me - the current online stat says for itself. Of course, thats not the only two problems of the game, but other things is more like bugs, not the mechanical flaws, so it should be left for to jasonkillsbugs.com. Okay, the point is - how would you change those things, to solve said problems (even if you DON"T think they are), and not to break the game for people like you? That's what i really want to know.

6 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

System requirements of the game doesn't tell me, i need to have 8 more people. Majority of multiplayer game desighned the way, so they depends on even if they don't have premades. I don't see, why friday is should be different. Unless her dying state is really intented. Hope, that it's not. Also, if the game is not desighned to play as solo, that exactly means, that solo playes are screwed. I don't know if you even think, what you write, or just do that. So do me a favor, please. If you are going to post one more time, telling me that everything is OK - don't. Just don't. If you want to be a little more constructive, let's put it that way. You think everything is fine. I think, it isn't. And it's not just me - the current online stat says for itself. Of course, thats not the only two problems of the game, but other things is more like bugs, not the mechanical flaws, so it should be left for to jasonkillsbugs.com. Okay, the point is - how would you change those things, to solve said problems (even if you DON"T think they are), and not to break the game for people like you? That's what i really want to know.

If this game is meant to be for solo players. Why are you in a lobby with 7 other players?

If you want to talk about mechanics that are messed up, lets talk about windows or once you break a door you are stuck for a couple seconds. Or lets talk about how glitchy it gets when using the sweater. Or how glitchy it is when trying to hit him to his knees after using the sweater. You are just bringing thing up that arent designed for how you play when the game is designed for TEAM play. Communication is the MOST important part of this game and most of your problems can be solved if you communicated with your other teammates properly. 

Stop taking it as I am insulting you. I am giving you advice to try out. Atleast go try it out before you knock it.

3 hours ago, CptJackFrost said:

I understood exactly what you meant. While it may not be the easiest button press in the world, it is still just a single button press.

it would have to work the way skill checks do in game, so yeah, a button press or two to eliminate Jason. 

Never played DBD. Not interested in it. 

This is actually good design because as others pointed out, you are focusing on the end of a chase not the whole chase. You are asking them to completely unbalance the whole game with this. 

Escaping grab should be rare. You should not be grabbed. That is the defence to grabbing. There are many ways to do that. 

2 hours ago, gamergal1591 said:

I think jennys repair should be higher, at least a 5. Its entirely to low and she does not seem like the stupid type i would not mind losing a few composure points for just that. At the end of the day high composure goes away pretty fast if jason is around and the lights are off anyways.

I had one too, but mine was blue. Then the wheels fell off. 

38 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

It is designed for team play. You don't have to know your teammates but you kind of have to work with them. Playing a solo game should be difficult in a game designed for team play. This is not really a solo game. 

This is not the game you think it is, and the declining player base is about several things, and to say that grab is the problem is not really accurate. 

You are trying to solve a problem that is not a problem. It is the way the game is supposed to be. 

A royal flush is supposed to be rare in poker. Letting you grab ten extra cards because it is too hard to get on your own defeats the game entirely. 

33 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I understood exactly what you meant. While it may not be the easiest button press in the world, it is still just a single button press.

How exactly tapping one button like an idiot is better, than pressing one right buttion at the right moment?

29 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

A royal flush is supposed to be rare in poker. Letting you grab ten extra cards because it is too hard to get on your own defeats the game entirely. 

That's not even close. If councelor escaped from grab - he can be grabbed again. If he didn't escape - it is game over for him. So it's more like grab is "royal flush". And give me a reason, why it shouldn't be the way to escape? Is grab are the only thing, that Jason can use? No. They have a swing, traps, throwing knifes. And it fully capable to do the job, without cheap oneshoting (if anyone is going to tell me again, that killing with single attack isn't oneshoting - please hit yourself with herring).

One more time - not a single person in a whole world can prove, that grab is fine the way it is. I told you, why. I told you, why me and some other people dislike it. So it would be better, if you just think, how make this thing is more appealing to both me and you guys. Or, in a worse case - explain, why it's not possible. Not just hard, but absolutely impossible to do. And if you don't want to think, then don't post in this topic ffs.

Did you ever think that the reason you don't have 7 other people to play with is because you complain a lot? "He had a pocket knife and I didn't and it's not fair!" Isn't exactly something that is going to endear you to other players.

This game is not meant to be easy as a counselor nor is it meant to be even steven for all counselors. That is why there are limited items to be found. It's like the movies and it's meant to be. Most people die in the movies. 1-2 counselors survive to the end because they found the tools to survive and used good decision making to make it through the ordeal. This is EXACTLY how the game is meant to be. Not all counselors are created equal nor should they be. Also, when you do play as a counselor, and I know this may come as a shock to you but ... you're going to die most of the time. It is not supposed to be easy to escape from JASON VOORHEES. If you want easy, play a different game that is designed to placate people who want to win all the time.

This game is about strategy. If you're upset because other people found a pocket knife and you did not, that issue is yours and yours alone. The game does not have to be reworked to suit your play style. Hell one of the tips on loading is "Think outside the box, sometimes a direct approach isn't the best one."

You're expecting a crutch because you play the game one solitary way, and it doesn't generally work out for you. And tbh 9/10 times trying to go at Jason isn't going to work.

Protip: There are SEVERAL different ways to play and survive. This is based on the counselor you choose, making the correct decisions based on WHERE you spawn, and paying attention to what is going on during the game.

Again, nothing about the system needs to be changed. As a counselor, survival needs to be EARNED through good decision making and some luck. When you DO survive, it's something to be proud of. Surviving every match because the system was reworked to make it easier and "equal" is bullshit. 

Either figure out a different strategy or don't play if you don't like the result you're getting sticking to what you're doing.

For playing as Jason, I think it should be an even rotation. Starting with the player at the top of the list and working your way to the bottom, every person should rotate through playing as Jason. For instance, if you have 8 players, the user who appears on the top of the online list will be Jason first, then the guy underneath him, and so on and so forth. This may already be how it works (I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so excuse my ignorance), but either way, I think this would be the best way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

For playing as Jason, I think it should be an even rotation. Starting with the player at the top of the list and working your way to the bottom, every person should rotate through playing as Jason. For instance, if you have 8 players, the user who appears on the top of the online list will be Jason first, then the guy underneath him, and so on and so forth. This may already be how it works (I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so excuse my ignorance), but either way, I think this would be the best way.

Excuse me, what exactly will it change (again, nobody even can say it doesn't work that way already)? The problem remains - people won't get position they want. I can only assume, you are suggesting, that player should know, what role will they get right in the lobby, so they can leave, before the game starts. If so - well, it's a little sloppy, but aslo can fix the thing.

Also, about things, that's broken - what about "car barricades"? When you drive a car to a small cabin right to the only door there and then get inside, so Jason has no way to get to you? Is it fixed already? If it's not, how will you people see the solution to this? I didn't write it in OP just because i can't think of the way to fix it. But may be someon here has an idea or two?

Edited by CptJackFrost
Added another question