Hey all! 

I didn't see this in previous posts but I may have missed it so apologies if it's a previously discussed topic. 

So, is it possible for a future patch down the line that regardless of the host quitting you don't lose your kills/repairs/points etc as it's beyond frustrating trying to grind towards the trophies and badges for the host to just quit and you're back to square one. I'm a fairly competent Jason averaging about four to five kills each turn and the amount of times I've lost those kills due to the host quitting is infuriating. 

Perhaps even a punishment for quitters like Gears of War used to have once upon a time? (In GoW2 I think...)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

So, is it possible for a future patch down the line that regardless of the host quitting you don't lose your kills/repairs/points etc as it's beyond frustrating trying to grind towards the trophies and badges for the host to just quit and you're back to square one. 

Yes, this. Or migrate hosts when the host quits. This game is so frustrating at the moment because of hosts quitting games.

• Like 1

This issue will be solved with dedicated servers. 

If a counselor quits the game continues. 

If jason quits the game ends as if you survived the night. 

They did say they were exploring a system to replace Jason as well. 

So by November is their goal. 

1 hour ago, YouSurvived said:

Yes, this. Or migrate hosts when the host quits. This game is so frustrating at the moment because of hosts quitting games.

Right? X amount of time passes and I've been the guy killed after ten seconds and 19.59mins and still saw the game out to the end. 

I've been Jason chopping down a door (which takes way too long by the way) and the person inside has just quit. It sucks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

This issue will be solved with dedicated servers. 

If a counselor quits the game continues. 

If jason quits the game ends as if you survived the night. 

They did say they were exploring a system to replace Jason as well. 

So by November is their goal. 

Yeah but I don't expect them to have that anytime soon. 

Even have new counsellors join so that the game can continue longer. Maybe even a double or nothing for your experience if you escape and wanna try again. 

Yeah, even a player vote to pick a player to play as Jason. (You can't vote for yourself) 

That's an ace goal time to aim for, fingers crossed. 

They are not going to create a new fix for a problem they are already fixing a different way. 

They have said hopefully end of September, possibly middle October. 

3 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

They are not going to create a new fix for a problem they are already fixing a different way. 

They have said hopefully end of September, possibly middle October. 

Fair play, man. There's a lot of reading on the forums and I'm catching up with a lot of it now. :-) 

They are doing an awesome job of listening to the userbase and interacting so they have my full patience and support. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigRed said:

Hey all! 

I didn't see this in previous posts but I may have missed it so apologies if it's a previously discussed topic. 

So, is it possible for a future patch down the line that regardless of the host quitting you don't lose your kills/repairs/points etc as it's beyond frustrating trying to grind towards the trophies and badges for the host to just quit and you're back to square one. I'm a fairly competent Jason averaging about four to five kills each turn and the amount of times I've lost those kills due to the host quitting is infuriating. 

Perhaps even a punishment for quitters like Gears of War used to have once upon a time? (In GoW2 I think...)

Thoughts?

I know this doesn't address all your concerns, but regarding the Trophies, a kill counts whether the match concludes or not. Trophies only, we're talking the 666 and 1313 counselor kills, respectively. Some counselor-related trophies also will pop once the required action is done, not at the end of the match. Both my 666 and 1313 kill trophies popped mid-match, after the last required kill was done. So all the times people quit may be screwing you out of badges and whatnot, but some of the trophy stuff still applies. BIG exceptions are the 500/1000 matches played as either Jason or a counselor. Those only pop in/following the end animation when Jason is entering the shack.

• Like 1

I have definitely lost more xp/cp because of host quit/disconnects than all of the total xp/cp I have ever gained. 

Sucks really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Switters said:

I know this doesn't address all your concerns, but regarding the Trophies, a kill counts whether the match concludes or not. Trophies only, we're talking the 666 and 1313 counselor kills, respectively. Some counselor-related trophies also will pop once the required action is done, not at the end of the match. Both my 666 and 1313 kill trophies popped mid-match, after the last required kill was done. So all the times people quit may be screwing you out of badges and whatnot, but some of the trophy stuff still applies. BIG exceptions are the 500/1000 matches played as either Jason or a counselor. Those only pop in/following the end animation when Jason is entering the shack.

That's comforting to know, at least the trophies will pop if you get that close! The badges are really more of a sad boasting thing as the better half and I are completionists. 

Thanks for the info though man! :-)

1 hour ago, Y34RX3R0 said:

I have definitely lost more xp/cp because of host quit/disconnects than all of the total xp/cp I have ever gained. 

Sucks really.

It's brutal, man. Especially when you're having a good game. 

On 9/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, BigRed said:

That's comforting to know, at least the trophies will pop if you get that close! The badges are really more of a sad boasting thing as the better half and I are completionists. 

Thanks for the info though man! :-)

No worries :) I have all my badges maxed out, if you're ever looking to grind any counselor badges I can certainly use the Jason matches toward my Final Chapter trophy, you can add me if you want if you're on PSN and just HMU and lmk when you want to work on anything. PSN: Call_Me_Switters

P.S. My status is almost always set to "offline" because otherwise I get hundreds of invites, if you ever want to know if I'm on just send me a PM on PSN

On 12/09/2017 at 5:21 PM, Switters said:

No worries :) I have all my badges maxed out, if you're ever looking to grind any counselor badges I can certainly use the Jason matches toward my Final Chapter trophy, you can add me if you want if you're on PSN and just HMU and lmk when you want to work on anything. PSN: Call_Me_Switters

P.S. My status is almost always set to "offline" because otherwise I get hundreds of invites, if you ever want to know if I'm on just send me a PM on PSN

Nice one, man. I'll add you on PSN just now. I'm no where near what I should be on my badges because the host keeps quitting. -_-