When I watched the Spring Break trailer, a thought came close in my mind.

At the point when Jason kills Chad with his spear, it looks like he threw it like a javelin.

Could this be a tease for a new exclusive kill for Part 6? I mean, Gun and Illfonic have confirmed that every Jason are going to get new exclusive kills to play with, and this could be one of Part 6's new kill animations.

But I could be mistaking.

• Like 1

I like the idea of Jason being allowed to throw his primary weapon as a one shot deal to kill the counselor instantly. I REALLY think that's a neat idea. Then he can walk up to his weapon and grab it out of the counselor he killed. He can only do it once though, because otherwise why throw knives or grab anymore?

Perhaps he could head shot with his throwing knives for instant kills. That would require more precision though. As seen in the Higgins small intro.

• Like 1

First time I've seen this trailer. I love it!! Poor Lachappa. Just sitting there, taking it all in. Next game, I'm playing as him.

Love that thrown spear kill!! That would be cool!

Either it's a new kill, or it's just "For show."

Stop teasing us Gun! :unsure:

Considering we know that people can't get up on the towers and (so far) can't dance, yet there WERE new kills captured, I think it was all for show.  I could be proven wrong in the near (or possibly later down the road) future.

I want to see them give Part 3 the option of doing a one time spear gun kill. Unrelated to this thread - well, sort of  - , but the premise made me think of it. Maybe there could be a throwing kill for each Jason, and it would be activated by finding said javelin item on the map as Jason. Much like the counselors can find a shot gun hidden somewhere that's a one time use only, Jason's javelin weapon will be the same way. Part II Jason could throw a pitchfork, Part 3 shoots the spear gun, Part 6 throws his spear, Part 7 the machete, Part 8 the axe, Part 9 the magic dagger (that sends Jason to Hell), etc. I think Savini Jason's one time javelin weapon should be a flaming chain, like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat has lol.

I think that it was probably just for show :) Chad appears to die in the same way he would if part 8 threw his axe at him. For the trailer, it's likely just that kill with a weapon swap. Could be wrong though.