Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Team Killing/Friendly Fire, Lets bring it back (Poll)

Bring Back Team Killing - With some fixes  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring back Team Killing (if they added something like a kick for killing more than 1 player, or marking you for death by other players after doing so)

• Yes, Please bring back Team Killing for Public Matchs (But make some fixes)
    • No, We are fine with the new changes.

Tbh I wouldn't mind these changes. It would make ganging up on Jason a little more difficult. Yes ofc it would be frustrating to be injured by a troll but if there's a troll/teamkiller/jason helper then you're better off leaving the lobby anyways whether or not friendly fire is a thing or not.

The only thing I would perhaps disagree with is the climbing through windows one.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

Tbh I wouldn't mind these changes. It would make ganging up on Jason a little more difficult. Yes ofc it would be frustrating to be injured by a troll but if there's a troll/teamkiller/jason helper then you're better off leaving the lobby anyways whether or not friendly fire is a thing or not.

The only thing I would perhaps disagree with is the climbing through windows one.

and how exactly am i gonna know in the lobby if there is teamkiller troll? it´s not like they join a lobby and go like "hi all, i am gonna kill my whole team if i can" before the game starts. leaving during match while alive is not allowed before you answer this. (not an executed rule so far but it exists)

as long as gun/illfonic can´t make sure that this doesn´t get out of hand, again, it is a bad idea. this needs monitoring and people who review reports fast. and we know that this is not possible. not with this devs.

it was a huge trollfest back when there was teamkilling, it will be again, no matter if only crippled or dead.

12 hours ago, dmack621 said:

The easiest way to take it away from the trolls is to actually reverse it. You start swinging at another counselor, you damage YOURSELF! But if you applied these same rules where it only cripples you and you can't bitch out and suicide for trying to be a troll it would pretty much eliminate trolls.

As far as the car, if you run over more than 1 person (accidents do happen) then you are automatically booted from the game and it counts as a Jason kill, AND you drop a level which auto happens upon your boot from the game.

There is no reason to ruin the game over trolls. Punish those fuckers with reckless abandon and just make it to where there literally is no more fun in trolling and instead steep penalties and it ends.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! In FPS games, it's called reflective damage! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

and how exactly am i gonna know in the lobby if there is teamkiller troll? it´s not like they join a lobby and go like "hi all, i am gonna kill my whole team if i can" before the game starts. leaving during match while alive is not allowed before you answer this. (not an executed rule so far but it exists)

as long as gun/illfonic can´t make sure that this doesn´t get out of hand, again, it is a bad idea. this needs monitoring and people who review reports fast. and we know that this is not possible. not with this devs.

it was a huge trollfest back when there was teamkilling, it will be again, no matter if only crippled or dead.

Then just let yourself be killed quickly and leave when you're dead? no problem

35 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

Then just let yourself be killed quickly and leave when you're dead? no problem

no problem? i remember very good how it was when you could kill other counselors. i had one evening where jason didn´t kill me once. yet i died every game. no thx. i don´t want that back. (crippling makes no difference here....)

If this is going to be real. We should have something like griefer level. Each -500 you gain increases your griefer level and you will be matched against other griefers. As long as you don't get -500 points , your griefer level will go down and you will play with normal people.

18 hours ago, dmack621 said:

The easiest way to take it away from the trolls is to actually reverse it. You start swinging at another counselor, you damage YOURSELF! But if you applied these same rules where it only cripples you and you can't bitch out and suicide for trying to be a troll it would pretty much eliminate trolls.

That's actually the best idea I've seen in this thread. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

That's actually the best idea I've seen in this thread. 

Until the Vanessa teaming up with Jason stands in front of him to shield him from damage, say a shotgun for instance. Or you accidentally drive a car into someone who purposely ran in front of the vehicle knowing it would murder/cripple the driver instead on contact, leaving the car stationary with Jason in pursuit while the troll runs off into his/her dark den once more.

Edit: Forgot about the part where it just cripples you, but it would still suck to see a teamer shield Jason on purpose from your shotgun which cripples you instead. What's worse is that the teamer could make it look like it was accident by just constantly sprinting near Jason while they swing the weapon harmlessly away from Jason.

Edited by Trident77

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

Until the Vanessa teaming up with Jason stands in front of him to shield him from damage, say a shotgun for instance. Or you accidentally drive a car into someone who purposely ran in front of the vehicle knowing it would murder the driver instead on contact, leaving the car stationary with Jason in pursuit while the troll runs off into his/her dark den once more.

So don't fire off the shotgun or mash on the gas pedal if you see a Vanessa who is trolling?

I surely hope you don't panic like this with every online multiplayer game that allows you to play with randoms.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

So don't fire off the shotgun or mash on the gas pedal if you see a Vanessa who is trolling?

I surely hope you don't panic like this with every online multiplayer game that allows you to play with randoms.

I editted my post earlier. But my point still stands: it's still possible for a troll to abuse "reverse damage" concepts, and with how FF13th works, it's still very much possible for a teamer to abuse friendly fire even with that concept in play.

4 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I editted my post earlier. But my point still stands: it's still possible for a troll to abuse "reverse damage" concepts, and with how FF13th works, it's still very much possible for a teamer to abuse friendly fire even with that concept in play.

First of all, you're not going to get the car started because Vanessa will be holding on to both keys. Second of all, you're not going to have any shotguns to use because the same Vanessa will pick them up and immediately fire them just to use them. So the situation you're explaining will not even even happen if you're playing with a troll that knows what they're doing.

So really, what are you getting so up in arms about?

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

First of all, you're not going to get the car started because Vanessa will be holding on to both keys. Second of all, you're not going to have any shotguns to use because the same Vanessa will pick them up and immediately fire them just to use them. So the situation you're explaining will not even even happen if you're playing with a troll that knows what they're doing.

So really, what are you getting so defensive about?

We have a system that currently works. There's no reason for the crew to waste time when there's a very simple fix for people who want friendly fire: play private matches. Make friends who think the way you do, then there's no problem.

Friendly fire doesn't fix the problem, it just changes the circumstances. It's been mentioned several times throughout the course of history of this website that friendly fire can always be abused by trolls, no matter how it's implemented. And quite frankly, this community is toxic enough; I still remember the olden days when high level counselors would steal shotguns to shoot anyone who tried to flee using the police.

8 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

We have a system that currently works. There's no reason for the crew to waste time when there's a very simple fix for people who want friendly fire: play private matches. Make friends who think the way you do, then there's no problem.

Friendly fire doesn't fix the problem, it just changes the circumstances. It's been mentioned several times throughout the course of history of this website that friendly fire can always be abused by trolls, no matter how it's implemented. And quite frankly, this community is toxic enough; I still remember the olden days when high level counselors would steal shotguns to shoot anyone who tried to flee using the police.

The system actually doesn't work and trolls are still able to ruin games. Removing Friendly Fire didn't do much of anything besides ruin the depth and balance that helped make one Jason going up against seven counselors much more manageable when both sides actually knew how to play the game.

Following the recent patch, coupled with a bit of QP mayhem, I thought this would be appropriate given the new climate of the game.

Personally I love the update and completely agree with the emphasis it's coincidentally putting back on teamwork. 

The only form of team killing we have left right now is by running players over with the car which I will absolutely not deny that I have done on occasion. After a bit of trolling (not by me) I experienced today, where 3 counselors were quickly betrayed, I started to really wonder if this specific means of counselor generated death should stick around. 

I do not oppose a friendly fire mechanic in the game. Allowing the car killing though can quickly break a match, with an emphasis on teamwork, by cutting down the team by 2 or 3 so quickly. 

I think, following this patch, the mechanic deserves a second look. If anything I'd like to see the ability to kill with car removed, and the ability to damage or kill other counselors returned to their weapons. 

So, do you think that the team killing/friendly fire mechanic should be revisited? If so, in what ways? 

Friendly fire makes for some amazing, funny, and tense moments. Unfortunately we can't have nice things because of trolls.

Adding team killing back into the game would be a massive step backwards and make QP matches a counselor brawl again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Friendly fire makes for some amazing, funny, and tense moments. Unfortunately we can't have nice things because of trolls.

Adding team killing back into the game would be a massive step backwards and make QP matches a counselor brawl again.

Agreed. 

I have a couple of ideas about this.

First: Allow friendly fire, but not to the point of death. You can be shot and not die, and you can definitely be hit with a bat and not die. Both have happened to me, and I'm alive and kicking. Maybe counselors can injure each other to the point of limping. Sure, there is a chance for trolling with this, but people are trolling with the cars now. Which, coincidentally, many of us said was going to happen when FF was taken away. "But, they could already do that and they don't." Of course, trolls are going to take the easiest way out, and shooting somebody in the face was the easiest. So, when that was taken away, they resorted to running over people and hoarding items. But, there should be some retaliation to Jason helpers and "blockers" as a counselor.

Second: Allow friendly fire to happen when counselors are within 5' of Jason only. There should be repercussions for piss-poor aim. Whether it is with a gun, a bat, or a wrench. If you are trying to save a teammate from a Jason grab and you miss the hit, there should be a chance that you hit the counselor being grabbed. I do believe this would reduce the stun-locking parties even more as well, because I always see counselors swinging wildly at Jason because they know that there are no consequences.If they suck at combat.

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Second: Allow friendly fire to happen when counselors are within 5' of Jason only.

I could fully support the idea of removing it from the car, giving it back weapons, and having it active only within a certain radius that's tied to Jason. If the counselor had to be inside that radius in order for their weapon to deal damage to another counselor that would probably prevent shooting others.

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I could fully support the idea of removing it from the car, giving it back weapons, and having it active only within a certain radius that's tied to Jason. If the counselor had to be inside that radius in order for their weapon to deal damage to another counselor that would probably prevent shooting others.

I don't think it necessarily even has to be removed from the car. The car is pretty easy to dodge. Of course, I have been caught off guard a few times, but not enough to really cause any concern about the car. It is too cumbersome to actually be a viable troll weapon. But, I personally miss the risk of trying to save a fellow counselor if you blow the shot or the swing and hit them instead.

I play in private when I can, and we always have FF on. It just adds to the thrill of the game. Especially now, with Jason back to being the horror icon that he was meant to be. And we almost never kill each other just for the hell of it. That is, unless Slim (my best friend) shows up as Chad in a speedo. If that happens, all bets are off! :lol:

Yes, true, there's always the option of private matches.

I just want to reiterate to anyone else though this just a question of should it be revisited? That doesn't necessarily mean make it the way it was in the beginning. Just ,simply, is it worth reassessing given the new changes? 

team killing is one of the big reasons i stopped playing online,even before the offline mode was created.

As i have said before,i have a learning disability,so i have a hard time playing player vs player games,when my disability affects me directly,and online gamers playing against me can take advantage of that due to my reflex speed and co-ordination being slower than a normal person's.It ruined the game for me when i was so worried about trying to not let Jason kill me,I help a counselor out by giving them an extra firecracker i picked up,and the counselor then kills me,and takes my machete and first aid.I got tired of being abused like that....if i wanted to play against everyone,then i would have set my spawning preference to Jason.I liked the idea of playing as a counselor,to see if i could at least help people gather parts to get the vehicles repaired.Don't get me wrong,there were some nice players who did help out and i'm grateful for that,but they were too few and far inbetween when there were so many teamkillers running amuck.As a result,i only play offline now,and i'm much happier.To each their own.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, DasMurich said:

Following the recent patch, coupled with a bit of QP mayhem, I thought this would be appropriate given the new climate of the game.

Personally I love the update and completely agree with the emphasis it's coincidentally putting back on teamwork. 

The only form of team killing we have left right now is by running players over with the car which I will absolutely not deny that I have done on occasion. After a bit of trolling (not by me) I experienced today, where 3 counselors were quickly betrayed, I started to really wonder if this specific means of counselor generated death should stick around. 

I do not oppose a friendly fire mechanic in the game. Allowing the car killing though can quickly break a match, with an emphasis on teamwork, by cutting down the team by 2 or 3 so quickly. 

I think, following this patch, the mechanic deserves a second look. If anything I'd like to see the ability to kill with car removed, and the ability to damage or kill other counselors returned to their weapons. 

So, do you think that the team killing/friendly fire mechanic should be revisited? If so, in what ways? 

Hmm I don't see the reason why it was removed to begin with to be honest, surely there were trolls.. but it was the only to punish trolls or glitches at the very least.. now you get killed by the car.. I told everyone this would happen and now they are bitching and whining about it.

You got people saying "take the car killing off" like how more can you destroy the core of the game, I get it there are trolls.. Rainbow Six Siege has team killing and it's not something you always see and if you die you get a change to kill them again.. but then it stops as people will get booted for killing two times in a row.. on the same game.. which will get you banned for 15, and if you keep doing it it adds more to your ban.. the next time you get banned you wait 30 mins and up to like a month.

Taking team kill was a bad Idea and asking for car deaths to be taken away is stupid, sure I hate being killed.. by another players.. but this is a horror game.. this isn't "magical ponies my feelings are hurt so listen to me the game."

In real life if we where all randoms trying to escape Jason people would make any excuse to either one kill someone they hate, Kill someone for space or an Item of importance.. and hell even steal the car or boat no matter who fixes it. The game was never about team work, the game was about how would you survive a horror film like f13.. would the pressure drive you insane enough to kill the other campers.. or will your survive alone and leave everyone to die.. or will you stick together and try to work with each other.. 

Instead people act like entitled cry babies.. I would almost say a chad, but even chad is more manly then half the people crying about nerfs cause they dont want to earn the skills to get better. Being at 150 means something as a player like me has the skills necessary to survive and stay away from people in game even without team killing because people are treacherous..

Most of your survival will depend on your survival skills.. Id say please @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia to bring back the team kill feature to the game. If they implement a kick, and/or a ban timer system.. this will help the game have less trolls and makes people be more careful.

then people will say what about the people who troll with the car.. Id say the ban should only be with weapons.. are people don't always get in your way with a weapon but will try to get in your way with a car.. but that is all up to the devs to deal with honestly.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

Hmm I don't see the reason why it was removed to begin with to be honest, surely there were trolls.. but it was the only to punish trolls or glitches at the very least.. now you get killed by the car.. I told everyone this would happen and now they are bitching and whining about it.

You got people saying "take the car killing off" like how more can you destroy the core of the game, I get it there are trolls.. Rainbow Six Siege has team killing and it's not something you always see and if you die you get a change to kill them again.. but then it stops as people will get booted for killing two times in a row.. on the same game.. which will get you banned for 15, and if you keep doing it it adds more to your ban.. the next time you get banned you wait 30 mins and up to like a month.

Taking team kill was a bad Idea and asking for car deaths to be taken away is stupid, sure I hate being killed.. by another players.. but this is a horror game.. this isn't "magical ponies my feelings are hurt so listen to me the game."

In real life if we where all randoms trying to escape Jason people would make any excuse to either one kill someone they hate, Kill someone for space or an Item of importance.. and hell even steal the car or boat no matter who fixes it. The game was never about team work, the game was about how would you survive a horror film like f13.. would the pressure drive you insane enough to kill the other campers.. or will your survive alone and leave everyone to die.. or will you stick together and try to work with each other.. 

Instead people act like entitled cry babies.. I would almost say a chad, but even chad is more manly then half the people crying about nerfs cause they dont want to earn the skills to get better. Being at 150 means something as a player like me has the skills necessary to survive and stay away from people in game even without team killing because people are treacherous..

Most of your survival will depend on your survival skills.. Id say please @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia to bring back the team kill feature to the game. If they implement a kick, and/or a ban timer system.. this will help the game have less trolls and makes people be more careful.

then people will say what about the people who troll with the car.. Id say the ban should only be with weapons.. are people don't always get in your way with a weapon but will try to get in your way with a car.. but that is all up to the devs to deal with honestly.

Couldn't disagree more.Disabled people like me are not 'entitled crybabies'.I wouldn't wish my disability on my worst enemy,due to how hard it makes it for me to try to function as a 'normal' person,even though i will never be a normal person.In any case,if you want team killing back,then by all means do it.I'll stick to the offline mode thanks.

2 hours ago, JF13 said:

Couldn't disagree more.Disabled people like me are not 'entitled crybabies'.I wouldn't wish my disability on my worst enemy,due to how hard it makes it for me to try to function as a 'normal' person,even though i will never be a normal person.In any case,if you want team killing back,then by all means do it.I'll stick to the offline mode thanks.

I think it was just a really lengthy way of saying it should be brought back with a strict penalty system put in place.

That I wouldn't want though personally. The whole idea of it was supposed to mean you had to be skillful to not wound or kill your teammates during an encounter with Jason. 

I just don't think it's realistic to think we'd get a system so sophisticated it would be able to differentiate between the poorly timed swing of an axe, and a troll. 

Team killing in some form has to remain in the game. We have with the car now. 

Personally I don't want to see it completely removed. Just open to changes that might prevent a mass killing that will instantly ruin a match. 

• Like 1

Nope

Unless there is a mechanic where two counselors have to push in a code to agree to hurting each other.