Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Team Killing/Friendly Fire, Lets bring it back (Poll)

Bring Back Team Killing - With some fixes  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring back Team Killing (if they added something like a kick for killing more than 1 player, or marking you for death by other players after doing so)

• Yes, Please bring back Team Killing for Public Matchs (But make some fixes)
    • No, We are fine with the new changes.

Make trapping people a bannable offense. It will cut down on how many people troll that way.

A lot of people are upset because they lose the ability to team kill. Here's how I know that people who want team killing back just want to use it to troll.

First off a toxic players most powerful troll in this game is to TK. Yes blocking sucks. People want to prevent this from happening but why in gods name would you combat that by giving back their ability to team kill. It's just going to cause these trolls to block less & team kill more. That's like encouraging a bank robber to kill every witness so he has better odds of not being identified while your also a hostage. Team killing exist in private match but everyone advocating team kill knows but refuses to play in private match because they will get kicked. They want the ability to troll without consequence of being booted out. That's how I know they just want to troll. More concerned with killing their team mates then trying to work better at surviving or coming up with good ideas to combat being trapped.

If team kill comes back then yes you will be able to kill that player should they trap you inside a room but I gaurentee more people will end up being team killed rather then trapped. The truth is people who want team killing back are the very same people who are trolling the game & as well as the people who get mad about something trivial & decide to kill their team mate. They are using these excuses to justify why they need the ability to kill their own team members.

You cannot fix something that's done wrong by doing something wrong yourself. If they are trolling & trapping then report them. 

• Like 1

Personally, I like the removal of team killing. You're going to have trolls no matter what they do in the future about anything, because trolls are just that, trolls. I mean, the car can still be used as potential murder weapon, and bear traps can still be used by trolls to kill players (though I have not encountered the latter). However, the people who truthfully enjoy this game and play it how it was designed I don't see a problem with restricting team killings to Private Matches only. I like knowing that some jerk can't just gun me down while I'm searching for the stuff I need to escape, or to kill Jason with.

• Like 1

The only weapon that shld be able to kill counselors is the shotgun. Why? Because there's only 2-3 max per match including tommy (i thought there was only two but apparently sometimes an extra can pop up, from what i've heard)

Also, this way you cant shoot through your teammates to hit Jason, which is just asinine. It shld still take away xp. And it shld highlight the shooter for jason for the remainder of the match.

Other then that, teamkilling should stay turned off.

Make blocking a bannable offense, merit proof via video to prove its intentional an prolonged. 

Giving the power back to the trolls isnt the answer.

Oh no theyve got the battery, propeller, gas, etc an wont drop it! Well then report them for behavior an block them, you'll never see them again. Find a good group to play with, go for a different objective, wait out the 20 mins, or just die an get a new round going. 

This game isn't competitive, trying to play it like it is will only make you more angry. Just take everything as a grain of salt. 

Id say quitting mid kill animation to rob a jason player of his xp is more of a dick move then trapping you in a house but thats just my opinion.

?☕

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

No...........just no. If you want a battle royale do it in a private match. 

6 hours ago, Demon Jason said:

Hell. Fucking. No. Play private matches

6 hours ago, Apollyon said:

its not gone, go into a private match and do that bull$hit with ur friends

6 hours ago, Demon Jason said:

Can someone delete this post please? Its just a troll

Literally no one read your post. It's not bullshit. We don't like ruining the game for other regular players. Even Ben said that they wanted TK in the game (can't have nice things).

Stop thinking everyone who wants TK back is a troll or wants to battle royale.

I want it back because it's a big buff to counselors, being able to hit jason without fearing hitting a teammate. Now killing Jason is too easy, you just need to mash the attack button.

Keep TK out. If you put it back in then the trolls are just gonna abuse it and do the same thing they did pre-patch. I'd rather be blocked in than shot in the back. If someone starts blocking then just record them and send it in. 

Thi

1 hour ago, AirMoons said:

Literally no one read your post. It's not bullshit. We don't like ruining the game for other regular players. Even Ben said that they wanted TK in the game (can't have nice things).

Stop thinking everyone who wants TK back is a troll or wants to battle royale.

I want it back because it's a big buff to counselors, being able to hit jason without fearing hitting a teammate. Now killing Jason is too easy, you just need to mash the attack button.

Ok

4 minutes ago, Titan_313 said:

Keep TK out. If you put it back in then the trolls are just gonna abuse it and do the same thing they did pre-patch. I'd rather be blocked in than shot in the back. If someone starts blocking then just record them and send it in. 

This 

OK there are several threads in regard to Team Killing we don't need another one. 

The removal of something always has pros and cons and pros and cons are viewed differently from person to person. Now every cabin has at least one window and a door. If someone blocks the window unlock the door. 

Now people taking the parts and running around with them is a valid concern however prior to this trolls would take parts and throw them in the water or somewhere in the forest. Not much you can do about that. 

The removal of TK while an interesting mechanic was removed for the overall betterment of the game. It still exists as an option in private matches if you wish to partake. However the unfortunate reality with online games there will always be trolls, you have to do what you can to not enable trolling behavior and what works best for the overall game. 

With that said, this was not a snap decision and I am sure that was weighed upon before deciding to remove it. I know some have been vocal about the removal of it in quickplay but it is still something that exists as an option.

• Like 6

Team killing.... , its just like in horror movies.... there always that dic that trys to escape by sacrificing other people, that that'll kill others when they are no longer needed, that'll cripple a friendly to get away, that trys to steal the glory, thats what this game tried to bring to the table,

the game needs this dic, he/she adds suspense, he/she adds thrill...... problem was theres to many dics, it should brought it back but with penalties such as if you kill someone you should be marked as a team killer on the mini map so other players can see you, lower chance of being jason, lose your skill points for that character next match 

that way we still have that character betrayal, but if you team kill you basically alerting the other characters giving them a chance to strike back

i know alot of people will be like but if someones helping jason and i kill them why am i punished....,why am i marked.... and id say well them you faced with the same circumstances and choices as a character in a horror movie, you run and try and warn the others leaving the betrayer/traitor alive or you kill them become marked and try to explain what happened to the remaining survivors 

i think team killing needs to be put back in not for trolling but to help complete the experience, 

thankyou to those that read this, and thank you to those that play the game and dont glitch, that dont help jason, and dont rage quit, you guys are keeping this game alive and awesome 

Actually I like that teamkilling is gone from public matches it keeps jerks from running into the same house i'm in and beating me to death.

The problem is people will mainly team kill to troll. Now team killing to steal the car or boat is a very unethical & irritating thing to do to your fellow team mates. Which in turn makes that trolling as well.

This is a slasher horror game when playing as Jason. When playing as a counselor it's a team survival game.

The majority of the community spanning across three platforms are extremely grateful that team killing is gone from public matches. I highly doubt they will bring it back so that people may once again kill each other over various trivial reasons. Quite simply people are not mature enough to only team kill accidentally. Killing another player to steal an item or vehicle seat is definitely  considered trolling.

Team killing only existed as an accidental type scenario in which a counselor trying to save someone accidentally shoots that teammate while Jason has them grabbed or if someone darts out in front of the car. I'm almost certain the developers did not add friendly fire so that somebody can steal the last seat in the car/boat or just to take someone's pocket knife or else teamkilling would of not been removed nor would there be a penalty but instead be a bannable offense for misusing friendly fire.

Also if you play this game relying on killing your teammates for the sake of surviving maybe perhaps you should try "The Culling" which is a deathmatch type game or else your going to see yourself booted from lobby after lobby for playing in that manner. That is if you play private match where team killing still exists. Killing another player for any reason is going to do nothing but piss people off & push them away from this game. Which a staggering amount of people have already quit playing the game because of team killing alone. They also may very well decide to wait to come back as Tommy to try to kill you or wait until the next game that is if you aren't kicked out of the lobby first. I can gaurentee you a majority of the private session host will boot you out for killing someone intentionally regardless of any reason you may have other then accidental.

The game can very well still be enjoyable & you can most definitely become skilled enough to survive a fair amount of matches without relying on friendly fire. I've met players skilled enough that survive 9/10 matches & they are always last to survive because the majority of the match is consumed trying to assist other players in surviving. Although this level of skill is difficult to attain it is not impossible. On another note this game wasn't designed for us to survive every match which I'm sure you are aware of. You can gain just as much XP throughout the match without surviving by doing several different things most of which is assisting your teammates.

For the sake of argument what would be the point of killing someone so that you can survive instead of die if you sacrifice all the XP you may have potentially made had you not teamkilled?

Actually i believe the statement released by the developers when they took out team killing was very similar to what i said.... 

Our team believes that the ability to hurt other counselors is something that this game should have as it adds tension and requires players to make tough calls. However, we do not believe this should be a mechanic that is abused by players to the point where the vast majority of our current communications from fans are complaints of rampant/unwarranted team-killing/griefing/trolling. We will include this mechanic in private matches for now, with the hope of better options in the future.

I have team killed twice lol excatly what you said...... i was killed for a spot on the boat i repaired.... i got revenge the next match to insure it didnt happen this map, and i killed someone with a shotgun while jason had them, didnt think they'll get shot ot was a total accident 

but i completely agree with you on they lets say mass/serial killings, and i totally agree with you on the - 1000 that did nothing no one cared about losing the points, just to many people bein dics. thats why i give those reasons or alternatives, they kill everyone can see they killed by their icon on the mini map, knows not to trust them, next match their characters completely nuffed hell save it to their profile so they cant quit enter another map, even make it once they have killed and theyre marked no consequence for killing a betrayer, or do a morality system like gta put betrayers in betrayers lobbys. 

im not a fan of team killing or trolling but i do think it was a intended mechanic it should stay if so, 

by the way thanks for replying/commenting ive seen on facebook as soon as someone suggests either team killing should stay or team killing should go someone always seems to go nuts in comments, thanks for keeping it civil 

2 hours ago, Arkight said:

Actually i believe the statement released by the developers when they took out team killing was very similar to what i said.... 

Our team believes that the ability to hurt other counselors is something that this game should have as it adds tension and requires players to make tough calls. However, we do not believe this should be a mechanic that is abused by players to the point where the vast majority of our current communications from fans are complaints of rampant/unwarranted team-killing/griefing/trolling. We will include this mechanic in private matches for now, with the hope of better options in the future.

I have team killed twice lol excatly what you said...... i was killed for a spot on the boat i repaired.... i got revenge the next match to insure it didnt happen this map, and i killed someone with a shotgun while jason had them, didnt think they'll get shot ot was a total accident 

but i completely agree with you on they lets say mass/serial killings, and i totally agree with you on the - 1000 that did nothing no one cared about losing the points, just to many people bein dics. thats why i give those reasons or alternatives, they kill everyone can see they killed by their icon on the mini map, knows not to trust them, next match their characters completely nuffed hell save it to their profile so they cant quit enter another map, even make it once they have killed and theyre marked no consequence for killing a betrayer, or do a morality system like gta put betrayers in betrayers lobbys. 

im not a fan of team killing or trolling but i do think it was a intended mechanic it should stay if so, 

by the way thanks for replying/commenting ive seen on facebook as soon as someone suggests either team killing should stay or team killing should go someone always seems to go nuts in comments, thanks for keeping it civil 

I believe your system only punishes accidental killing.

The intentional killer doesn`t care if you know they are a killer. The intentional killer doesn`t need their stats to kill you, just access to a weapon. Your plan appears to take the possibility of survival away from a counselor and left them only with the ability to troll.

Your system encourages a never ending cycle of killing as if I am team killed and I kill the person who killed me, I am nerfed to the point of only being able to troll my next match.

Flagging the killer after they have killed has little effect as, most people are aware of what happened when someone team kills. It also might have the effect of forcing me to kill them if I see they are coming my way, thus making me a team killer to the next person I see, and they will team kill me.

And now the next match is a total wipe because three people have no stats for the next match, and at least two of us only did it because we panicked when we saw the flagged killer.

There are zero options for the host in this game beyond choosing a map.

Let the host choose if TK is active or not.  People who don't like this can find a new match.

Personally I hate it, but I tend to host more often anyways.

M.

If team killing returns, I will only accept one option. 

If I get killed by someone. That person also dies and gets booted from the game. 

While I'm fine with team-killing being excluded from Quick Play, I'm not opposed to the idea of bringing back accidental killing in some form.

Perhaps friendly fire should be turned on if Jason grabs a counselor? It would give Jason players some incentive to use his hostage as a shield again.

Despite F13 being a team survival type game, team killing shouldn't have been removed in the first place. With players no longer being able to die from weapons, it makes it much easier for trolls to annoy players. Here is an example of a notorious troll know as Xbox Criminal, known in the past for deliberately team killing and using exploits, now keeping players trapped in windowless rooms: 

Also keep in mind that without team killing, trolls can hold on to key items for as long as they live in the game, keeping other players from being able to do anything.

Instead on removing team killing, Gun Media and Illfonic should have worked on better penalties for deliberate team killing, and should monitor channels like Xbox Criminal's to get them banned.

• Like 1

It's a lose lose situation. You bring it back and trolls will team kill everyone, you leave it out and they'll block you in somewhere. Team killing should stay in private matches that way you don't run into D bags in a public match.

Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me. 

At least now I can focus on one troll at a time instead of getting gangbanged by up to seven other players at once. I've found most Jasons are more than happy to help dispose of trolls anyway (and I'm certainly one of them).

Team-killing made the game virtually unplayable for me. I lost count of how many times I was murdered by someone who wasn't Jason. Usually two or three of them, although I was once jumped by an entire lobby who was letting in one random person a time so they could kill them. It doesn't make you very eager to rejoin that lobby, much less stay so you can watch the assholes who just killed you enjoy the game that you're not getting to play.

Now factor in the notion of potentially penalizing players who quit before the match ends, and team killing sounds like an even worse idea. 

I completely understand their reason for including it in the beginning, it does add a layer of realism, but the majority demographic being what it is, they should've foreseen the problems it would create.

Things are better now. Sure, there are trolls. There always will be. But they've been considerably nerfed.

• Like 1

The game is filled with assholes. To the absolute brim. Removing teamkilling was the best thing they could have done for the game.

There's still Jason helpers, people who use the car to TK, and people who try to block people in bathrooms (which will also soon be fixed due to shoving being in the next patch), but they're rare now, where previously they were everywhere.

Removing that immediate trolling buzz of killing other people seems to have cleared out a lot of the pond life, as the other forms of trolling require more patience and deliver less 'reward'. TKing should never come back, as all it would do is entice these people back to the game en-masse.

People can't play nice, so we can't have nice things. Welcome to the world.

• Like 2

Friendly fire was one of the most underrated core reasons that indirectly made Jason a stronger threat when he arrived and it also made playing counselors more challenging. During the friendly fire era, you couldn't just gather up like a pack of sardines and start mindlessly swinging with no care for the direction of your fire like you can currently in this botched up version of 'Friday the 13th: The Pinata'. Friendly Fire being an element of the game forced you to play better as the counselor, it forced you to have better aim, it forced you to have stronger team mate awareness, and it forced you to create and play off better positioning as a team. And in the same playing field, Jason could also utilize friendly fire by swerving in a defensive direction towards other counselors to create bait & panic situations, which sometimes would fluster counselors into accidentally hitting one another. Split moments like these would often give the Jason player the opportunity to strike or make a move that he could capitalize on when up against groups.

The problem was never Friendly Fire on it's own, the problem was the way that Gunmedia executed it that made it not fun to play against. It wasn't fun when you had a bitter troll trying to kill the team secretly one by one, and it also most definitely wasn't fun on the Jason side of things when your kills were stolen from grievers with shotguns and the likes. 

So here is the proposal of how Gunmedia can re-introduce Friendly Fire to the game, while also severely limiting the troll and anti-Jason kill steals.

Friendly Fire:

• Counselors can no longer be killed by another counselor with a melee weapon (the finishing blow can only be performed by Jason)
  • Shotguns no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Counselor placed bear traps no longer can kill a counselor, they will just leave them in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Cars no longer instantly kill a counselor, they will just knock them down and then when they get up, they will be in a crippled state of movement with lowest health.
  • Suicide can no longer be performed by windows or second story jumps. It will just whittle your health down to lowest possible number.
  • Any counselor who makes another counselor enter "cripple" state (except for bear traps) will receive the -500 penalty that "Betrayal" currently has at the end of the match.
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

I almost never agree with you around the forums, but I freaking LOVE this idea! Bring the danger back to the counselors' interactions with each other, without giving griefers a definitive win. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a hit randomly causing the target to drop an item.

• Like 6

i agree with points 1, 2 & 6 100%. 3 & 4 i could get behind IF that's what it took to bring back friendly fire.

point 5 i disagree with. mostly because i don't think it has anything to do with team killing, but also because i don't really have a problem with people committing suicide under certain circumstances. 

Hellllll no, especially not with how toxic the community is on top of the amount of shotguns there are in a map; private matches exist if you want friendly fire.

You seriously think cars, shotguns, and the like putting counselors into a crippled state won't be abused by trolls? At the very least you're able to run away from Jason unharmed when the Vanessa teaming up with Jason runs next to you. Now imagine what happens when she's able to cripple you with the shotgun while running next to you. That makes the problem even worse.

There are many ways that Jason can be buffed, or counselor gameplay being changed for the better, but reinstating friendly fire on QP is going to cause headaches when you consider how many squeakers are online these days. It's not even the squeakers to worry about alone; many people are assholes online in general.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1