Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

Just now, bewareofbears said:

Killing people going through a window doesn't mean you're shitty- it means you recognize the opportunity to damage a counselor while they're vulnerable.

It wasn't broke, it didn't need fixing.

I am not vouching for the new way of breaking windows. I'm simply tired of people acting as if this one thing being changed is game breaking and they can't get kills at all.

They are fixing it - this was only a hotfix. The devs still need time to perfect everything. 

Plus, I was just playing and I WAS harmed going in through a window. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, apparently. 

Just now, BetsyPalmer said:

I am not vouching for the new way of breaking windows. I'm simply tired of people acting as if this one thing being changed is game breaking and they can't get kills at all.

They are fixing it - this was only a hotfix. The devs still need time to perfect everything. 

Plus, I was just playing and I WAS harmed going in through a window. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, apparently. 

I get your frustration but you're not necessarily understanding the frustration of those who dislike the change. There are multiple ways to play Jason, each player has a different playstyle, and this particular mechanic was part of their playstyle.

Think of something you use in your playstyle, that you rely on- then take it away. Now you know empathy...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So you're saying it's fine that counselors can go through windows while Jason swings away at them and nothing happens? Fine, enjoy the game. I won't. 

I literally stated NOTHING that even remotely said I thought it was fine that counselors could do that. I'm just a little ticked that there are people like you raging over one game mechanic not being completely fixed yet and you up and quit because of it.

To each his own I guess.

The fact of the matter is, it WORKS sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. As I just stated in another reply, I was JUST harmed going in through a window as a counselor. 

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I get your frustration but you're not necessarily understanding the frustration of those who dislike the change. There are multiple ways to play Jason, each player has a different playstyle, and this particular mechanic was part of their playstyle.

Think of something you use in your playstyle, that you rely on- then take it away. Now you know empathy...

I don't rely on a certain play style at all. I simply use strategy. 

I think it's very silly for people to be dependent on window kills from counselors. So me not understanding the frustration of someone who rage quits on the game entirely because they can't harm counselors going through windows is justifiable in my opinion.

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I think it's very silly for people to be dependent on window kills from counselors. So me not understanding the frustration of someone who rage quits on the game entirely because they can't harm counselors going through windows is justifiable in my opinion.

Amen. That said I believe the counselors not being able to be damaged while going through windows is a bug that will be fixed very soon. 

6 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Your strategy is your playstyle... :rolleyes:

Your strategy is your playstyle... :rolleyes:

Well then account almost every available thing to Jason as my play style.

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Well then account almost every available thing to Jason as my play style.

Meh, I was mentioning your playstyle in hopes that you would empathize with others and why they're upset. That doesn't appear possible. I'm not interested in your personal playstyle. :) You missed the point- that's fine. 

Meh, I was mentioning your playstyle in hopes that you would empathize with others and why they're upset. That doesn't appear possible. I'm not interested in your personal playstyle. :) You missed the point- that's fine. 

Your answer:

15 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Good day. 

Hey everyone

Just checking in to see how things are going. Since the bug fix patch is out I'm going to start fresh with responses.

I know the window thing is still aggravating to some. It appears that damage is still a bit borked on it as some people are saying its inconsistent. Ill have the team take a look on Tuesday to see if we can dial it in further.

I hope everyone has a good 3 day weekend if you get one. A bunch of people in the office jumped in and played matches with people on Steam right after the patch and had a blast. I still cant believe someone in QA botched the Jason kill by using the sweater before Jason was unmasked...

- Gertz

• Like 2

Is matchmaking still the same for the pc? not finding room vcs only solved the problem in ps4 this leaves very infeasible to play naoach room

22 hours ago, Gertz said:

• Matchmaking
    • Corrigido um problema que criaria um novo lobby após apenas pesquisar por 10 segundos.
    • Aumentou o limite de ping de volta para 300 ms na PS4

Is matchmaking still the same for the pc? not finding room you just solved the problem on ps4 this makes it very unfeasible to play do not find room

Um guys, are you still able to slash at windows to break them? Are we forced to use the window animation to break them now? 

To be clear to those who think I'm mostly angry about the prompt, I'm not. I think it's a poor way of doing it when the first way was much better and consistent. If the adults, the people who should be playing this game and not 9 year olds, don't have the sense to ask or use combat stance on vertical windows, their fault. 

What is very agrivating and annoying is counselors taking no damage while going through a window if Jason swings at them or while on the other side of a window. I don't care if I can kill people using the window. I care that I can't damage them, as the big super killing machine, with a basic weapon swing because they decided to enter a window. 

If you can't see why that's annoying then I just don't know what to say. Add to this that the windows were fine and did not at ALL need to be changed in any way, while other things need attention, is baffling and sad. 

Um guys, are you still able to slash at windows to break them? Are we forced to use the window animation to break them now? 

You're forced to use a prompt and are not allowed to break them via a simple slash because Jason is obviously not smart enough to break a window himself anymore. 

Here's my first match as Jason post hotfix. I wasn't as concerned about winning as much as testing the features.

My thoughts:

Windows are completely and utterly immune to attacks that are NOT the window break prompt. You can see this early in the match at 2:00 and onward when I test attacks against windows.

At 4:00 I get chain-stunned with multiple consecutive firecrackers when I'm trying to break the phone box and there's nothing  I can do about it. As soon as I come out of one firecracker stun I"m put into another. Quite annoying. Consider adding a small time frame of being immune to firecracker stuns just after being stunned by another one, but still able to interact with the world. Perhaps consider this for flare stuns as well.

It seems as if the small maps have about the same amount of weapons and items as the large maps but because it is all in a smaller space, it is easier for everyone to stock up on items. For the small maps consider reducing item spawns by a small percentage.

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

No, you are not. My video shows that regular attacks do not damage windows. You have to be close to the window and the game will suck you into the window break animation.

Just remove the window animation and fix the barriers around the map I was playing in packanack small and near the shooting range there’s a random barrier in the way and fix the issue when Jason won’t get stunned when you hit him a lot and let us hit the door while in stance position and fix the pocket knife glitch where your in a car and you have a pocket knife and your friend hits Jason right away and you fly and you can fly wherever you want please read this.

20 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

If you can't see why that's annoying then I just don't know what to say.

Just letting you know man, I understand why it's annoying.

What ticked me off were these comments of yours...

I've no desire to play the game knowing counselors can use windows as invulnerable super shields. Counselors are becoming stronger than Jason and if I wanted to play DbD then I would, but I don't. 

Don't get excited over the patch.

Bring back the old windows or just make barricaded doors invincible to Jason because as of now that's what it amounts to. 

You made a great point when you noted that windows are an obvious primary escape from Jason and to not be able to hit a counselor 100% of the time when in use is aggravating and down right stupid. But to say you have no desire to play the game anymore because of that alone to me is petty. Jason is still OP and this window problem will be resolved in time...

15 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

At 4:00 I get chain-stunned with multiple consecutive firecrackers when I'm trying to break the phone box and there's nothing  I can do about it. As soon as I come out of one firecracker stun I"m put into another. Quite annoying. Consider adding a small time frame of being immune to firecracker stuns just after being stunned by another one, but still able to interact with the world. Perhaps consider this for flare stuns as well.

Woah, my god, that child in that game sounds annoying. So does that girl when referencing the chain stun, "Yeah it's the best ever right!"

THAT is what you call GAME BREAKING. 

17 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Just letting you know man, I understand why it's annoying.

What ticked me off were these comments of yours...

You made a great point when you noted that windows are an obvious primary escape from Jason and to not be able to hit a counselor 100% of the time when in use is aggravating and down right stupid. But to say you have no desire to play the game anymore because of that alone to me is petty. Jason is still OP and this window problem will be resolved in time...

In my annoyance I worded it poorly. I have no desire to play the game in the state it's in right now. When the game functions I have a great deal of fun with it. Forcing me to break the window with a prompt is annoying but my main gripe is being unable to harm counselors due windows making them invulnerable. Obviously if they dive through a window a weapon swipe not hitting them makes sense, but for them slowly going through or even on the other side attacks should indeed do damage and cancel the window animation. 

Something I forgot to mention as well, while Jason is unable to hurt counselors with windows, they are able to stun Jason just fine. In me and my counsins tests I was able to stun him through the window with a bat and a wrench. So not only does it make counselors invulnerable, but it also lets them get free stuns in on Jason if he's trying to hit them or break the window. Again, these problems were not present before this prompt window nerf, thus why I'm extremely annoyed. 

Granted other things annoy me too, like Jason part 7s stats, but I gave up on them ever changing him a while ago. 

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

In my annoyance I worded it poorly. I have no desire to play the game in the state it's in right now. Forcing me to break the window with a prompt is annoying but my main gripe is being unable to harm counselors due windows making them invulnerable. Obviously if they dive through a window a weapon swipe not hitting them makes sense, but for them slowly going through or even on the other side attacks should indeed do damage and cancel the window animation. 

Something I forgot to mention as well, while Jason is unable to hurt counselors with windows, they are able to stun Jason just fine. In me and my counsins tests I was able to stun him through the window with a bat and a wrench. So not only does it make counselors invulnerable, but it also lets them get free stuns in on Jason if he's trying to hit them or break the window. Again, these problems were not present before this prompt window nerf, thus why I'm extremely annoyed. 

Granted other things annoy me too, like Jason part 7s stats, but I gave up on them ever changing him a while ago. 

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, Brian76 said:

@Gertz New patch is out...awesome. Xbox users should expect this update in ooh 3 weeks? Unacceptable! 

I wish all three could have gone out man, trust me we all wish they all would have went out.

- Gertz

@Gertz I'm a big fan and do enjoy the game! After the last update..it's just frustrating man. Thank you for communicating to the community! We all appreciate that! I'm not leaving or not playing...when the game has no issues...it's great! I only hope for this game to get better! My apologies.