Jump to content
Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

Recommended Posts

On 9/2/2017 at 8:14 PM, sh0nx said:

Don't you enjoy that? Console makers taking their sweet time getting anything done, meanwhile they HURT the game company because they can't get their patches out in time? Remind me never to get a console, ever. No walled gardens, no curated, no precious DRM they try to protect (probably part of the reason they take so long to 'certify' patches in addition to what @Gertz said for GUI). It's why I wish the devs focused on PC/Steam first to iron out the game bugs before porting to Xbox/PS4 (given the XBox is a PC anyway....).

Welcome to the forum sh0nx.

You get a like for taking the time to read through several pages. :lol:

No patch yet on Xbox One.

Patches take 1 week to 2 weeks to get ''certified'' on Xbox One.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Welcome to the forum sh0nx.

You get a like for taking the time to read through several pages. :lol:

Yes I wish I had a pc right now. No patch yet on Xbox One.

Patches take 3 weeks to 1 month to get ''certified'' on Xbox One.

That's just pathetic, and I wish game developers would call out Microsoft on this for *hurting* their game's reputation... just stupidity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with reverting it before they broke the windows (har har) with the unneeded fix and just adding the tutorial about breaking certain windows with combat stance. This would be like them changing doors because some people didn't know how to open them, so they alter it so they automatically open when you get near. Such a thing would be uncalled for and just nonsensical, much like this window "fix". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sh0nx said:

That's just pathetic, and I wish game developers would call out Microsoft on this for *hurting* their game's reputation... just stupidity...

Microsoft will not certify a patch that's shit.  Microsoft isn't ? at fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Colorboy said:

Microsoft will not certify a patch that's shit.  Microsoft isn't ? at fault

It's not their JOB to do any of that, they're only trying to protect their console from being hacked, this is what you get for using consoles that will stall any game to protect their security. Game companies can't do anything because if they want to play in M$'s sandbox they have no choice, you reap what you sow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colorboy said:

Microsoft will not certify a patch that's shit.  Microsoft isn't ? at fault

Not to be that guy, but apparently they would and have. Obviously it fixed a lot of issues, but it also created more. With it being labor Day Weekend, they probably have less staff working on it and it will probably take a week or so longer than other platforms. I think MS does a more thorough check, which could be beneficial. After all, we never heard any reasons WHY the first patch for XB1 came out a month after the other platforms. The only thing we heard was "waiting on MS cert". It could have been sent back a couple of times, or MS could have taken a month. So who knows where we lie with this patch.

This definitely frustrates me, but yet I feel it simply happens with games and programming. I havent been on as much lately because I haven't enjoyed the experience as much. It's annoying to get into combat stance and miss the door several times, only to give counselors more time to do whatever they need done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Not to be that guy, but apparently they would and have. Obviously it fixed a lot of issues, but it also created more. With it being labor Day Weekend, they probably have less staff working on it and it will probably take a week or so longer than other platforms. I think MS does a more thorough check, which could be beneficial. After all, we never heard any reasons WHY the first patch for XB1 came out a month after the other platforms. The only thing we heard was "waiting on MS cert". It could have been sent back a couple of times, or MS could have taken a month. So who knows where we lie with this patch.

I don't believe for a second that cert takes anywhere near a month. I'll bet that patch was sent back to them more than once. That was just a time where they went dark and didn't mention it, probably because that's slightly embarrassing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please bring dedicated servers to Xbox One. Hosts won't stop quitting when I get to play as Jason. :lol:

Manhattan.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I don't believe for a second that cert takes anywhere near a month. I'll bet that patch was sent back to them more than once. That was just a time where they went dark and didn't mention it, probably because that's slightly embarrassing.

I think this is the period where everyone grew incredibly frustrated with the lack of communication. That's why current conversations and updates from @GunMedia_Ben and @Gertz have been so valuable to us. It feels good and makes people more patient and understanding when they at least know what is going on and why it's happening. We all know Gun and Illfonic simply want to put out a top notch game and make the fans happy. I mean really, it's their careers to do it. I hopr they see now there is no need to hide the reasons, we only want to know why. Who knows, maybe with more details some of us can offer suggestions and assistance. Either way, I am anxiously waiting this patch about the same amount as I was the patch back then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-31 at 9:24 PM, Gertz said:

Update 9/1/2017: We were able to deploy the patch for both PC and PS4, XB1 currently has no ETA yet. More when I have it.

Hey everyone

I know the last two days have been rough but we just locked down a set of fixes to address the most immediate concerns of the player base.

The build is currently in QA's hands so I have no ETA on when its going to go out. If QA finds any major issues we are going to fix those and create a new build to test. We then have to get through cert. I don't have a timeline yet for this but we did finalize the list of fixes.

  • Matchmaking
    • Fixed an issue that would create a new lobby after only searching for 10 seconds.
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4
  • Parties
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if a party leader invited a player that was already in another lobby
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't
  • Counselors
    • Fixed an issue where the Pocket Knife would not trigger
    • Fixed an issue with weapons that was not decreasing the weapons durability if they were hitting Jason but Jason was not taking damage
  • Misc
    • Fixed impact decals so they dont display the material type anymore. (Wood, Metal, and Rock)
    • Fixed badges disappearing when swapping languages
    • Fixed a loading screen hang on PC
  • Maps
    • Packanack
      • Fixed a hidden door
      • Fixed a tree from spawning in a cabin
    • Higgins Haven
      • Fixed an issue where Jason would become locked out from performing interaction when attempting to use a Window interaction
      • Fixed an issue where the phone box to call the police was blocked by environmental objects

 

 

 

Hey guys, I'm a PS4 player and here's my current issues...

i cannot join quick play games and find a game it's as rare as finding a Pamela tape. 

Another issue is after I'm done not finding a game I'm thrown into my own hosted game where I sit there and sit there and nobody joins AGAIN it's as rare to see someone join any lobby as it is finding a Pamela's tape. 

With all that being said and not able to play the game in quick without the host and not join part luckily since then I've been lucky enough to have friends to invite to my empty ass lobbies and try and fill up and thankfully that did work for a short while until today and all shit broke loose and yeah It become a mess so basically yeah I have only played ONE game so far today and I've been up the last 6 hours with the game rebooting the game restarting my console doing hard resets doing Fuckin soft resets sticking my dick in the system and NOT A THING seems to work. 

 

Not only is this an issue for PS4 players but Xbox 1 players are complaining about framrate issues not as much as Sony or PC and also Jason not being able to Morph and or other stupid annoying broke. Game. Stuff. Enough is enough, you guys go to PAX West all smiles and don't wanna talk about ouuuuuuu all the new upcoming releases too much because you don't wanna give away to much right? BUT that's the LEAST you guys can do now if give us another DEV diary or actually explain in depth what's going on and what's being done and compensated to fix all this. 

 

Im sick and tired of supporting a game that doesn't fully support all it's fans and backers. 

 

P.S that ONE game I joined earlier on today...psh error connection lost to host wasn't even a full game nearly half. Y'all at PAX west wanna talk about upcoming DLC's and how amazing your pointless patches and hotfixes are. 

I'm just honestly pissed off you guys can't fix you right game ever fast enough and it Break so much. It's embarrassing and you nailed that at PAX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PSN:TriggaCrip2 said:

 

 

 

Hey guys, I'm a PS4 player and here's my current issues...

i cannot join quick play games and find a game it's as rare as finding a Pamela tape. 

Another issue is after I'm done not finding a game I'm thrown into my own hosted game where I sit there and sit there and nobody joins AGAIN it's as rare to see someone join any lobby as it is finding a Pamela's tape. 

With all that being said and not able to play the game in quick without the host and not join part luckily since then I've been lucky enough to have friends to invite to my empty ass lobbies and try and fill up and thankfully that did work for a short while until today and all shit broke loose and yeah It become a mess so basically yeah I have only played ONE game so far today and I've been up the last 6 hours with the game rebooting the game restarting my console doing hard resets doing Fuckin soft resets sticking my dick in the system and NOT A THING seems to work. 

 

Not only is this an issue for PS4 players but Xbox 1 players are complaining about framrate issues not as much as Sony or PC and also Jason not being able to Morph and or other stupid annoying broke. Game. Stuff. Enough is enough, you guys go to PAX West all smiles and don't wanna talk about ouuuuuuu all the new upcoming releases too much because you don't wanna give away to much right? BUT that's the LEAST you guys can do now if give us another DEV diary or actually explain in depth what's going on and what's being done and compensated to fix all this. 

 

Im sick and tired of supporting a game that doesn't fully support all it's fans and backers. 

 

P.S that ONE game I joined earlier on today...psh error connection lost to host wasn't even a full game nearly half. Y'all at PAX west wanna talk about upcoming DLC's and how amazing your pointless patches and hotfixes are. 

I'm just honestly pissed off you guys can't fix you right game ever fast enough and it Break so much. It's embarrassing and you nailed that at PAX. 

Read the posts Gertz has been making on this thread and the previous one he started. He has been explaining in depth what is going on at Illfonic, why stuff is happening, and what they are doing about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alkavian said:

Read the posts Gertz has been making on this thread and the previous one he started. He has been explaining in depth what is going on at Illfonic, why stuff is happening, and what they are doing about it.

 

 

 Just read that actually I stared following Gertz just now, I've only been in the forums maybe nearly a month if that lol 

just a huge fan of the game and just wanna know what's been going on because I'm a Facebook and twitter follower and always on their website but the forums are where the in-depth information always is so I've been following more people and being as active as I can 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still haven't played the hotfix.

I will say I love the toss idea mentioned in the last couple pages.

SOMETHING has to be done to want to curve counselors from trying to gang assault Jason to escape or try (and/or fail) killing him. The counselors shouldn't be wanting to engage Jason 50 or more percent of the time when they are supposed to be weaker and susceptible to death.

Either a toss idea or a Part 6 multiple kill idea. Something that would make them think twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2017 at 0:27 PM, Gertz said:

All three platforms have different network architecture. I will double check but I am not sure if we can change it on PC and XB1.

So what you're saying is basically "sorry non-US people playing on PC, you're fucked" 

Welp, if it can't be changed back to where it was, I gotta say it's been fun while it lasted, I'll be playing the singleplayer then but the game is dead to me and to many other people, glad I wasted my money for a month of entertainment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SuperheroOfBMX said:

So what you're saying is basically "sorry non-US people playing on PC, you're fucked" 

Welp, if it can't be changed back to where it was, I gotta say it's been fun while it lasted, I'll be playing the singleplayer then but the game is dead to me and to many other people, glad I wasted my money for a month of entertainment 

What he is directly saying is. "I don't know for sure." "I'll ask so I don't give you bad information."

Give @Gertz a chance to have a solid answer.;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages but I'd like to point out a glitch that has became common since this hotfix. 

Quite often, Jason is not dropping a victim even if fellow counselors break their bats on his back after three or two strikes. That's concearning!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone

Thanks for all the feedback going on in here. I want to remind everyone that's its a three day holiday weekend in the US so we are going to remain pretty quiet until Tuesday. I wont be able to get info until we are all back in the office.

Also...

There have been PSN issues all weekend it seems. If you ever have issues like this regardless of platform try checking out these links to see if its game related or hardware related.

Not only do you play the game on the specific platform but we also utilize a number of the platforms services for things like Matchmaking.

- Gertz

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barbara Ann said:

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages but I'd like to point out a glitch that has became common since this hotfix. 

Quite often, Jason is not dropping a victim even if fellow counselors break their bats on his back after three or two strikes. That's concearning!  

yea ive had some of these jason breaking glitches happen to me since patch. i got no vid proof so i havent said much about it. i wanted to wait 2 weeks after patch to see how much different the game felt but then they did a hotfix to change the game even more...(honestly i wasnt even expecting the hotfix in les than a week... impressive!!)  as of the hot fix i havent played much but ive seen my wife play and she STILL complains about the combat stance with jason... saying it felt more fluid before....

when i finally played as jason post hotfix his free swing hit box is somewhere completely different... prepatch if i would miss a "stalk shift grab" id run behind the counselor and chase hack them till they limped then grabbed them but now my free swing hack RARELY if ever connects :( ... im forced to grad so i dont waste too much time

Id say just give the devs their labor day weekend break and a lil time and they'll fix all this mess for us...our frustration shows our love for the game.  The day the devs are like" U know what, Fuq all youll that dont like the way this game turned out and eat a diq!!!" is prob the day ill finally stop playing....even at that if they were to say that pre patch i wouldnt care and still play cuz i was having a blast playing that version of the game..

Please keep in mind their team uploaded an update... (who knows how long they were working on that) then the following weekend uploaded a "forum based hotfix" to that update that addressed some of our complaints AND had their PAX $hit going on....

sure the hotfix turned out as a half ass update but the fact that this was even done in less than a weeks time shows dedication/heart from the devs that frequent this site...

I'll say this tho, I def feel for the people that just bought the game and are having all these issues...they'll be the ones to move on inna heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

Thanks for all the feedback going on in here. I want to remind everyone that's its a three day holiday weekend in the US so we are going to remain pretty quiet until Tuesday. I wont be able to get info until we are all back in the office.

Also...

There have been PSN issues all weekend it seems. If you ever have issues like this regardless of platform try checking out these links to see if its game related or hardware related.

Not only do you play the game on the specific platform but we also utilize a number of the platforms services for things like Matchmaking.

- Gertz

 

yeaaaa mayn!!! U and the team take a break mayn!!! thanks for busting youlls a$$  to push out the hot fix in less than a weeks time. Just the fact that ur replying and making changes to the game based on all of our post shows we just need to be patient and keep communicating with you'll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages but I'd like to point out a glitch that has became common since this hotfix. 

Quite often, Jason is not dropping a victim even if fellow counselors break their bats on his back after three or two strikes. That's concearning!  

I feel this is how Grip Strength Jasons should function, but not every single one. The two Jasons that have grip strength could use some love, 7 more so than 3. Not being able to free counselors from their grip so easily would make people far more weary of them compared to now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

Thanks for all the feedback going on in here. I want to remind everyone that's its a three day holiday weekend in the US so we are going to remain pretty quiet until Tuesday. I wont be able to get info until we are all back in the office.

Also...

There have been PSN issues all weekend it seems. If you ever have issues like this regardless of platform try checking out these links to see if its game related or hardware related.

Not only do you play the game on the specific platform but we also utilize a number of the platforms services for things like Matchmaking.

- Gertz

 

Thank you @Gertz for all the hard work. Looks like this topic is turning into the main official thread. :lol:

hTD4LpL.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just joined these forums, I am a PS4 player of the game since early July, and have playing the game a l lot currently at level 58. 

Here some issues I have experienced since the patch last week:

- On Higgins Haven map, 3 Gas containers were spawend in the map. 1 was used on the 4 seater, 1 was used on the boat, and the 3rd Gas container was left behind at the dock AFTER the boat was gone.   

- As Jason, I had 3 counselors left to kill, I shifted to come across Tommy Jarvis just standing there where he probably spawned. I check the player list again and see only the 3 players still alive and NO ONE playing as Tommy in the menu. I proceed to kill him and it counted the kill for me, i assume a player quit after he spawned back as Tommy, never seen that before. 

- As Jason, I got stuck frequently after grabbing a player, the only way for me to let him go is to walk in to the water. This used to happen before the patch, but now it is more frequent, at least for me.  

-Some of the commands that require the use of the X button "opening drawers, windows,..." get stuck sometimes and the command does not work the rest of the match, this happened in 2 rounds so far t me playing as a counselor, this never happened to prior to the patch. 

- On multiple occassions I have found BOTH car keys in the same house. this only happened once to me before the patch, but I have already found both keys in the same house on multiple occasions post pact.  

Here some points i really would like to see get addressed in the next patch:

- As Jason, it is frustrating when a counselor quits the game as i am about to kill him or mid kill. This also accounts for counselors quitting right when the match starts "because most likely they were selected to be Jason", but they still remain in the kill tally overall. Jason should get the kills for the ones that quit. 

-Players are abusing the suicide method of jumping repeatadly through broken windows, they do this when all hope is lost and they don't want Jason to get the kill count and XP points. This is becoming a very common thing now, at least to me. 

-This is just a preference, but 2 minutes warning is just not enough heads up time when your Jason, making it 3 minutes is a big difference. 

- Having the Shotgun as the only weapon the can cause a team kill, this can be done so there can be some order to the round if needed "players working with Jason, players withholding Gas, keys,...  from other players" and there is no way to get it off them. It should only be turned off when a counselor is grabbed by Jason the shot would stun Jason, but not kill the counselor that was in his grip like before. 

hope the above feedback is helpful, and I appreciate the effort put in to the game so far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mr.ultimatecollections said:

- Having the Shotgun as the only weapon the can cause a team kill, this can be done so there can be some order to the round if needed "players working with Jason, players withholding Gas, keys,...  from other players" and there is no way to get it off them. It should only be turned off when a counselor is grabbed by Jason the shot would stun Jason, but not kill the counselor that was in his grip like before. 

Giving a single weapon back the ability to kill other counselors would not only undermine the whole reason they removed team killing from public matches, you'd also get all the trolls immediately heading to the shotgun spawn locations to hoard it instead of gas/keys. Counselors helping Jason by leading them to other counselors is still bannable according to the TOS, and if a player won't drop a key item then just move on to completing another escape objective. You can still run over counselors with a car, and weapons can still damage counselors in private matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...