Sign in to follow this  
wildthing73

Serious Question for Gun Media and Illfonic

Why do you guys hate Rob Dyer so much??  I mean, shit! You guys include him in the game, but you hate the character so much that you decide to make him the first victim in every map?  I mean I know the guy wasn't a total badass that survived 3 movies like Tommy Jarvis, but in all reality Tommy as the part 6 version (that is in the game) should only be included in the maps from parts 5-7 as the hunter.  And Rob should be the hunter who's called in to help on maps from part 2-4.  Hell, the map for part 1 shouldn't even have a hunter on it, period... as it was before Jason was even know as a killer.  And as someone else pointed out, Creighton Duke could be the hunter on maps from parts 8-9.  

I love the game and when I heard the intros were being updated, I thought it would mean Rob would be swapped out with a proper first victim, unfortunately it seems you guys hate the guy too much to return him to the hunter position he was in prior to Tommy being added to the game (back when Tiffany was the first victim). So, disappointed right now.

giphy.gif  OMG...they killed Kenny Rob.

• Like 2

To model and create a movie character, just to have him die at the begining of every game, is a disservice to the potential of that character.

Even if Rob was the most underwhelming "hero" ever, he deserves better in game.

As for Tommy being in maps that he wasn't old enough to be in, I have one word. gameplay.

It'd be bad to have certain hero's spawn on certain maps. Itd be like limiting a Jason to a map. If they do add more hero characters they should let us select which one we want to be like a counselor.

Early map screenshots stated "Called Hunter" and not Tommy Jarvis. Many have speculated he was originally going to be the person who you called if they didn't acquire funds to put Tommy in the game.

21 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Early map screenshots stated "Called Hunter" and not Tommy Jarvis. Many have speculated he was originally going to be the person who you called if they didn't acquire funds to put Tommy in the game.

I am glad they did get Tommy "DIE! DIE! DIE!" Jarvis in though, Rob "He's Killing ME!" Dyer didn't fare too well. Maybe he would have spawned with a broken rifle. :

• Like 4

Personally, I'd like to see the potential for either Tommy or Rob to come back as a hero character when you use the radio. I guess they would essentially be the same in terms of gameplay, but it would be nice to have a different character (voice, mannerisms, etc.) in the role for the sake of variety.

27 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I am glad they did get Tommy "DIE! DIE! DIE!" Jarvis in though, Rob "He's Killing ME!" Dyer didn't fare too well. Maybe he would have spawned with a broken rifle. :

Hahaha ? ;)

• Like 1

I prefer if the intro show Jason killing the selected counselor you pick. So if you become Jason, he'll kill your selected counselor in the intro as the first victim. I think it would add a nice touch.

1 hour ago, Archgamer said:

I prefer if the intro show Jason killing the selected counselor you pick. So if you become Jason, he'll kill your selected counselor in the intro as the first victim. I think it would add a nice touch.

That would be much better then him killing an established character from the actual films, as IHeartBreakerl said this is a disservice to the potential of that character.  Although, I don't think having particular heroes/hunters based on the map your playing on is bad for the gameplay at all, it just makes the map feel more like your really a character playing in the actual films.  No hero should be available to be called on the Camp Crystal Lake 1979 map, since that was the beginning of Jason becoming a killer... Rob should be the hero/hunter you call on Packanack Lodge 1984, Higgin's Haven 1984, and the future Camp Crystal Lake 1984 maps, Tommy should be the hero/hunter you call at the future Pinehurst Halfway House 1989, Camp Forest Green 1990, and Shepard Retreat 2001 maps.  Meanwhile Creighton Duke could be the hero/hunter you call at the future Manhattan 2002 and Crystal Lake 2003 maps (like Camp Crystal Lake 1979, I don't think the S. S. Lazarus 2002 map should have a hero/hunter to call) and Sgt. Brodski could be the hero/hunter you call on the (literally) future The Grendal 2455 map. :) 

4 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Why do you assume that is a specific character in any of the movies? ;)

Rob is the last boss in single player. When you kill him, that's when the multiplayer scenario starts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Why do you assume that is a specific character in any of the movies? ;)

The real question is why is a guy on the dock sticking his shoes in the water with pants on at night? ?

Thought they all go skinny dipping in the movies. ? 

I would love to see the guy in the wheelchair in one of the intros going down a set of stairs. :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Personally, I'd like to see the potential for either Tommy or Rob to come back as a hero character when you use the radio. I guess they would essentially be the same in terms of gameplay, but it would be nice to have a different character (voice, mannerisms, etc.) in the role for the sake of variety.

Creighton Duke lines would be awesome!