Corkenstein

Compiled Bug list for the new patch!

Hi....I play on ps4...what do you mean saying HARD RESET?  I've turned off the system but the badges were disappeared...:-(

A hard reset is when you hold down the power button on the console itself, until it switches off. Takes a few seconds.

And then you just power it back on again. Same for Xbone, same for a PC.

41 minutes ago, ale666mori said:

Hi....I play on ps4...what do you mean saying HARD RESET?  I've turned off the system but the badges were disappeared...:-(

On PS4 if you shut down the console it will go into an stand by mode. A hard reset on a PS4 can be done by completely powering it down with the power option citing to use it if you are going to unplug your PS4.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Ok feeling like an idiot here...this may very well be my fault but is there a problem with Sense now? I was trying to find a player for about 10 mins, had Rage mode on which should light up any house they're in, but there was just nothing. It's like they disappeared from the match.

I travelled all over the map, same places multiple times and no one showed up. No pings either. Sense is pretty far reaching usually and I've never ever run into this problem, ever. It wasn't until the very end of the match when a cabin finally showed up red. What the hell? I mean I could've just had a stupid match but again this has never happened to me before.

It happens a counselor with high stats who avoided Jason most of the game and sense avoidance perks will be tough to find. While it can sometimes be annoying it is not a glitch. They will eventually pop up especially with rage as sense covers a larger part of the map making your chances to pick it up from further away. 

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

On PS4 if you shut down the console it will go into an stand by mode. A hard reset on a PS4 can be done by completely powering it down with the power option citing to use it if you are going to unplug your PS4.

It happens a counselor with high stats who avoided Jason most of the game and sense avoidance perks will be tough to find. While it can sometimes be annoying it is not a glitch. They will eventually pop up especially with rage as sense covers a larger part of the map making your chances to pick it up from further away. 

As I said, Rage was active and I was chasing this player for a good while. I almost had him at Higgins until he escaped, and when I activated Sense once it was available again, they were completely gone. I went to all the usual spots where some players hide, out in the water or under the bridge, on the island, the shack, graveyard and of course all the cabins. The player should have showed up somewhere in the space of 10 minutes, but not even a single ping.

Perhaps because I was morphing around a lot I missed some pings, but then I should've seen them highlighted in red at least at some point, especially in Rage mode. I know about Sense avoidance perks, I have an Epic myself. As I've said I've never encountered this before. And a cabin did show up red in the final 10 seconds, I had been in that area multiple times but somehow no one was visible before.

It's possible I was just very unlucky, but truthfully it seemed like something was wrong.

Players who were chosen as Tommy leave and then when Jason kills everybody or everybody escapes. Tommy is still on the map, played by nobody and the game won't end until the timer expires or Jason finds where he spawned.

That's been there for awhile now. Should be fixed. The game should detect Tommy the same way it detects idle players and if no moment, end the game.

49 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

As I said, Rage was active and I was chasing this player for a good while. I almost had him at Higgins until he escaped, and when I activated Sense once it was available again, they were completely gone. I went to all the usual spots where some players hide, out in the water or under the bridge, on the island, the shack, graveyard and of course all the cabins. The player should have showed up somewhere in the space of 10 minutes, but not even a single ping.

Perhaps because I was morphing around a lot I missed some pings, but then I should've seen them highlighted in red at least at some point, especially in Rage mode. I know about Sense avoidance perks, I have an Epic myself. As I've said I've never encountered this before. And a cabin did show up red in the final 10 seconds, I had been in that area multiple times but somehow no one was visible before.

It's possible I was just very unlucky, but truthfully it seemed like something was wrong.

Well last Time i was playing Tiffany , obviously lol 

And in mini hingins and i was thé last one and for 10 minutes Jason  didn't found me 

I don't have sens perk ans she was scared because i got a big FPS drop the flashlight on 

Hé found me only when i tried to repair the phone box but missed it for the second Time 

PS4 problem after patch:

Badges/achievements are gone (95% of them set to 0) again and don't update after matches.

This is really sad, as that section has always motivated me to continue playing and unlock badges.

On mini-Higgins, over in Blair's Cove the cabin that had the fuse box also spawned a tree in close proximity to the fuse box.  It took about four tries and a lot of shifting around before I found the exact spot where I could install the fuse without it believing the tree was in my way.

Oh, also I need to test this one, but I believe I blocked a flare shot last night while attempting to throw a knife.  Someone I was chasing turned and drew down on me with a flare gun.  I quick lined up a knife shot and tossed.  I think I actually maybe even missed, but the flare hit me and bounced off while I was in the middle of the knife throw animation, without having any effect.

7 hours ago, Alkavian said:

This was happening in the regular game after Beta. It is not as a result of this patch. Just not fixed yet I guess.

EDIT:  Is the door smash glitch in Higgins still happening? Go upstairs and start breaking down the door to the closet at the end of the hall and the door to the left room breaks as well.

This had never happened to me again until this patch.  And it happens on every single door for me.

4 hours ago, JPops said:

Me and @Tattooey saw it during our game with someone playing Kenny.  New player as well so not many perks yet.  For some reason Jason(Tattooey)couldnt find him even with Sense and Rage.  He was just crouched near the river on Higgins not doing anything.  Sense might be bugged for this patch.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Me and @Tattooey saw it during our game with someone playing Kenny.  New player as well so not many perks yet.  For some reason Jason(Tattooey)couldnt find him even with Sense and Rage.  He was just crouched near the river on Higgins not doing anything.  Sense might be bugged for this patch.  

Thanks for this post, that makes me feel better about it. It was honestly weird not to see any indication of the player at all for an entire 10 mins. Just vanished.

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Encountered a teleporting car on Higgins Haven (Small):

One time bug or did it happen every time you played a game and started the car?

Also updated the bug list and divided them into sections so we can know for certain what is bugged and what needs more info or it might have just been a one time with no way to repro it.  

Either way, awesome job guys!  Keep those bugs coming in!  

1 minute ago, Definitelynotjason said:

@Corkenstein

Thanks for starting this and working on it.

No problem!  I used to be a QA Lead/Senior Tester at EA for about 3-4 years so this kinda stuff comes naturally for me.  I love this game and want to see it do well.  

• Like 1

I just got thrown through a window with not 1, but 2 fucking pocket knives on me. This game is well and truly fucking broken. Stupid cunting game. Fuming.

14 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Could be for smaller maps only.  I put it since it is spawning in mid air.  I have seen it once myself but can't remember the map but it was on the new patch.  

I wonder if someone picked up a weapon that was on the dock. Prepatch if you grabbed the board that was on the dock it would put the item in the air, same if you switched it back. 

18 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

No Chad's going to lose his special wizard powers now! 

Chad will find more magic tricks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Just so we don't have 1000 duplicate new posts about every single bug, let's create one thread that lists all the bugs we have found(that can be verified) so it's easy for us and the devs to reference.  Start listing them and I will update the thread as bugs are reported.  

8/27/2017 Patch

ACTIVE:

- On Packanack small, the two middle rooms on the second floor have a door that is hidden in the wall.  It can be opened and closed but it shows as just a plain wall instead of a door.
- On Higgins Haven Small, their is a a shotgun which can not be picked up in the south end of the map in the new archery range.  It shows as flashing but the player can not interact with it.

- Items are currently not spawning correctly

- Badges disappearing on PS4 and not updating(To fix this hard reset your console.  Hold the power button down for 10 seconds and then turn it back on.)  This is still a bug even though their is a work around since it is not functioning as intended.  

- Using Combat Stance on doors is inconsistent.  Sometimes it registers the hits and sometimes it doesn't.  
- Tommy Jarvis will spawn in on the map as an NPC even though the player selected to control him left the game.  
Bugzy, Adam and Lachappa still have Kenny's voice lines

- Jason's animation sometimes breaks when attacking a door, power generator, or window.

- Jason is able to kill counselors with a window throw before the counselor can use a pocket knife on him

NEED MORE INFO/VERIFICATION/ONE TIME BUGS

- Sense is inconsistent/might be bugged.  (Needs further testing/more reports)

- Car teleporting after starting (Need to see if it is every time or just a random bug)

FIXED:
- PS4 users are experiencing server issues  

I can't join a lobby with people I keep becoming the host ever since the new patch, so I can't connect to European or North American servers now because they want to "reduce" lag by making the game unplayable, I am from the Arabian peninsula, idk if Europeans and Americans  have the same issue as mine. Please I need help I can't even play a single match nor join a lobby with atleast 1 guy.

I just signed in for the first time since the update and I'm no longer able to hear voice chat in game. Xbox. Tried resetting. Any help would be appreciated. 

52 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I can't join a lobby with people I keep becoming the host ever since the new patch, so I can't connect to European or North American servers now because they want to "reduce" lag by making the game unplayable, I am from the Arabian peninsula, idk if Europeans and Americans  have the same issue as mine. Please I need help I can't even play a single match nor join a lobby with atleast 1 guy.

I'm in the same boat, from Australia. PS4 server issues are not resolved, not at all for me. The only way I was able to play matches was through the PS4 F13 community, by joining active sessions. Any attempt to join a match through in-game menu sent to me an empty lobby with me as the host. Not to mention plenty of disconnects tonight and insane bugs as a result - random teleportation after laying a trap, game thinking I was still in water after I got out (no Jason model, just floating around) etc. The connectivity for this game is absolutely appalling, always has been.

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm in the same boat, from Australia. PS4 server issues are not resolved, not at all for me. The only way I was able to play matches was through the PS4 F13 community, by joining active sessions. Any attempt to join a match through in-game menu sent to me an empty lobby with me as the host. Not to mention plenty of disconnects tonight and insane bugs as a result - random teleportation after laying a trap, game thinking I was still in water after I got out (no Jason model, just floating around) etc. The connectivity for this game is absolutely appalling, always has been.

I thought I was the only one with this problem but I still can't believe the amount of bugs and complaints coming from the lastest patch that is suppose to keep us waiting for the next dlc patch.

THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

I barely can get into a match without the screen going black after the opening cutscene where Jason kills the guy. And this is happening on steam for PC. Every chatroom I eventually get into (because matchmaking is incredibly slow now too) I hear the same complaints about it being a 50/50 chance of either playing the game or getting The Black Screen. I can hear the sounds around me during The Black Screen, like woodland creatures, but I can't play the game after it has started.

SCREEN STUCK ON THE OPENING CUTSCENE ANIMATION.

Another problem I've had is I get into the game successfully but unfortunately my camera is stuck/fixed on the view of the opening cutscene. I can see and move my arrow on the minimap but the camera is not fixed to my character so I can't see where I'm going.

SLOW MATCHMAKING AND LONELY LOBBY.

Title speaks for itself.

So today me and my brother tested out in Private and we went to the large Higgin Havens map three times and each time we found the gas can at the docks floating. 

Don't know if this is a glitch or what but if you can't find the gas now you know where to go. 

21245812_1586317121412868_52490383_o.jpg

PS4 - Badge problem: I couldn't solve it. Hard reset did not help (and yes, I did it the correct way)

PS4: I find myself being alone in a lobby quite often (9 of 10 times)